PDA

View Full Version : Was there a mess up on the clock at the end of the game

Spurs16212
05-28-2008, 07:04 PM
When the Lakers inbounded the ball with 5.6 seconds left in the game and only 2 seconds on the shot clock, the referrees determined that Fisher's shot did not hit the rim so it was ruled a 24 second violation... Timeout Spurs with only 2.1 seconds left... Should the clock have been adjusted to 3.6 and would that have been a different look for Barry or a chance to pass rather than force up a shot?

Open for thoughts.....

mrspurs
05-28-2008, 08:05 PM
i saw the same thing....i told my oldest that was a fast clock, he agreed....go spurs go

Dex
05-28-2008, 08:17 PM
5.6 - 2.0 = 2.1?

If you say so NBA.

But yea, the last thing we need is another conspiracy theory at this point.

SRJ
05-28-2008, 08:33 PM
The entire final minute of the 4th was a giant fuckup by officials and crew. (Not blaming the loss on that, but it didn't help matters)

ShowtimeRedux
05-28-2008, 08:34 PM
big deal, the refs gave you 1 second less... We should have been in a situation to ice the game and take away that opportunity for you but the refs fucked that up too by not resetting the shot clock. NBA refs have always been the worst in professional sports, just gotta accept it i guess.

timvp
05-28-2008, 08:35 PM
You're mixing up what happened. Kobe missed and then the Spurs got the rebound and called timeout.

Commissioner Stern
05-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Spur timekeepers.

SRJ
05-28-2008, 08:45 PM
Spur timekeepers.

In playoff games, the NBA brings in neutral timekeepers to prevent controversies. It's working very well.

Man of Steel
05-28-2008, 08:55 PM
It was fucked up.

The fourth quarter was totally fucked.

The Laker's shot hit the rim.

Barry was fouled--should have gotten 2 free throws.

Life is not always fair.

GO SPURS--TAKE GAME 5--THE SUNS DID IT A FEW YEARS AO AND SO WILL WE, BABY!

crazylakerfan001
05-28-2008, 09:14 PM
when kobe threw the ball up it hit the rim thats how the shot clock got to 2.1

Tyler_Durden
05-28-2008, 09:20 PM
it dosnt fucking matter dude.

Trainwreck2100
05-28-2008, 09:23 PM
Spur timekeepers.

:rolleyes neutral timekeepers

SnakeBoy
05-28-2008, 09:34 PM
Open for thoughts.....

My thought...Shut the fuck up.

Game 1 - Spurs played like shit in the 4th and lost.
Game 2 - Spurs played like shit the whole game and lost.
Game 4 - Spurs played like shit for almost the whole game and lost.

Stop looking for stupid excuses. If you can't live without an excuse, become a suns fan.

ipeefreely
05-28-2008, 09:37 PM
When the Lakers inbounded the ball with 5.6 seconds left in the game and only 2 seconds on the shot clock, the referrees determined that Fisher's shot did not hit the rim so it was ruled a 24 second violation... Timeout Spurs with only 2.1 seconds left... Should the clock have been adjusted to 3.6 and would that have been a different look for Barry or a chance to pass rather than force up a shot?

Open for thoughts.....

========================

LMFAO

You guys are something else....you played like sh!t, Manure had a horrible game, Tim travels down the stretch, Fishs shot does hit the rim.......

Timmy he had what 27 pts on what 120 shots?

LOL

You are old, just accept it....no more soup for u.....

TampaDude
05-28-2008, 09:43 PM

Stop looking for stupid excuses. If you can't live without an excuse, become a suns fan.

+1

It's up to the Spurs whether or not they want to win another title, not me...I'm not gonna worry about it anymore.

BTW...I'm also a Redskins fan (grew up near DC)...the Spurs got nothing on the Skins when it comes to getting screwed by the refs...and the Skins haven't won shit since 1992. :lol

Lakafan23
05-28-2008, 09:51 PM
You're mixing up what happened. Kobe missed and then the Spurs got the rebound and called timeout.

Haha wow you created a thread with the wrong information. At least timvp knows what hes talking about

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

gospursgojas
05-28-2008, 10:50 PM
Yeah it wasn't a violation.

I thought that as soon as I read your thread

kobe_mvp_24
05-28-2008, 11:12 PM

wow that was shocking i dont usually see spurs fans admitting the truth.

LakersDomination
05-28-2008, 11:18 PM
The more time Im here the more I respect the majority of the Spurs fans outthere. Many can agree the refs messed up in a bunch of calls and the Spurs did not play their best.

But there are some fans here that are just some whiny b#atches.....for the rest of the Spurs fans good luck in Game 5...and hopefully the game will be determined by the players....