PDA

View Full Version : Stein: League acknowledges Spurs' Barry was fouled

Pages : 1 [2]

YoMamaIsCallin
05-29-2008, 02:50 PM
Go blow it out yer ass, dickwad :downspin:

How about the Duncan travel?

Legit -- but a weak complaint. All-NBA players are not called for traveling unless it's (a) blatant or (b) gives them an advantage. This was neither.

How about Odom's clean block that was called a goaltend?

Nope -- it was clearly a goaltend.

How about the shotclock not resetting?

Yep, that was a blown call.

How about Kobe having 0 free throws despite being guarded by the most physical perimeter defender on the planet?

Complaining about the number of free throws is about the weakest take possible when complaining about the refs. It's not about how many, it's about calling them consistently. They were consistent about the hard-physical-defense; they didn't call it either way.

Cry Havoc
05-29-2008, 03:34 PM
The bottomline is any time you put yourself in a situation to have the refs decide the game you are going to be disappointed more often than not.

+1.

My goodness, I was so frustrated watching the Spurs play that game. We did a fantastic job on defense only to suck it up on the other end of the court.

No use in even discussing a call like that when we blew COUNTLESS opportunities to take the game out of L.A.'s hands. Fuck, all we had to do is hit open shots and we win.

We didn't. And I didn't want the Spurs to win the game without earning it. They didn't.

Next game.

trjons
05-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Yeah, that would be funny as hell... :lol

No need to....I can tell you what happens based on percentages.

Barry makes 1 of 2. He was an 80% shooter and hadn't missed yet. He was due to miss 1.

zepn
05-29-2008, 08:42 PM
You can go through the annals of time and recollect numerous plays where the offensive player drives through the lane in the last second, gets his wrist slapped or his head knocked and no foul is called. It happens to Lebron James, Kobe Bryant and Tim Duncan.

I guess you are too young to remember the 2006 WCF's when Manu fouled Dirk.

In game 7. At home.

Good thing they don't call those.

Oh, wait...

zepn
05-29-2008, 08:44 PM
No need to....I can tell you what happens based on percentages.

Barry makes 1 of 2. He was an 80% shooter and hadn't missed yet. He was due to miss 1.

That's not how statistics work. Don't go to Vegas. kid.