PDA

View Full Version : If the Lakers win the championship should they get an *?

NRHector
05-28-2008, 10:25 PM
because as we all can see that was a foul

IronMexican
05-28-2008, 10:26 PM
you sound almost as bad as a Sun fan, you need to stop.

Trainwreck2100
05-28-2008, 10:27 PM

cause Laker fan never brought this shit up

YellowFever
Wow..that astreks comment by Jackson lo and behold all those years ago still bothers the hell out of you guys, huh?

nkdlunch
not because of the foul but the gasol trade. hell yeah

TampaDude
05-28-2008, 10:29 PM
No...don't be stupid...

IronMexican
05-28-2008, 10:29 PM
cause Laker fan never brought this shit up

and they should stop, i think it's stupid, but i wont be apologizing for every laker fan.

TampaDude
05-28-2008, 10:30 PM
Wow..that astreks comment by Jackson lo and behold all those years ago still bothers the hell out of you guys, huh?

PJ was a complete fucktard for saying that about the 1999 Championship...every team had an equal chance...

Commissioner Stern
05-28-2008, 10:33 PM
I think so. It should say "Conspiracy laden season."

- Gasol trade. No foul called on Barry. Fixed MVP voting. They weren't better than the Sperms.

All that.

samikeyp
05-28-2008, 10:33 PM
No. They would have earned it.

Avitus1
05-28-2008, 10:34 PM
Any person that thinks a * should go by any championship is retarded...

YellowFever
05-28-2008, 10:52 PM
PJ was a complete fucktard for saying that about the 1999 Championship...every team had an equal chance...

Yes they did and the Spurs were legitamite champs that year.

BTW, can you find WHEN he said it and WHAT was the exact comment he made?

I tried finding it on the net but failed to do so.
Can you help me out?

I'm not sure what the exact quote was and when he said it but my memory tells me the comment was made before he ever coached the Lakers and it wasn't as bad as Spurs fans make it out to be.

Someone help me out?

lakersownspurs
05-28-2008, 10:55 PM
Any person that thinks a * should go by any championship is retarded...

I disagree. The Patriots :nope deserve * for all their titles...

gospursgojas
05-28-2008, 10:55 PM
Everytime someone brings that * shit that Phil said up, he laughs inside.

He doesn't really think that he just knows what to say to get under opponents skin.

Too bad it didn't work on the Spurs. Spurs fans is another question.

15 RINGS BITCH
05-28-2008, 10:59 PM
the tainted 99 season is blemished and rightfully so.

no asterisk for the lakers. i could see it if not for the ft biased facts of the game.

ya, we get 10 more a game but not when we want.

to say this series has been called evenly is stretching it a bit.

to say its favored the lakers is retard certifiable.

"the foul" should have never happened, it should have been laker ball with the shot clock turned off with 7 seconds left.

kobe should have gotten at least 1 free throw in the game. thats the least he should get for getting slapped and hacked all night.

if whining and pissing and moaning makes anyone here feel better, go nuts, better you than me, 3-1 sounds pretty good i think..

NRHector
05-28-2008, 11:01 PM
is bothering you already?

Dim Tuncan
05-28-2008, 11:02 PM

No, because this season wasn't lockout-shortened.

:lmao

:lobt2: * <---- 1999 :nope

WCFBaby
05-28-2008, 11:02 PM

no asterisk for the lakers. i could see it if not for the ft biased facts of the game.

ya, we get 10 more a game but not when we want.

to say this series has been called evenly is stretching it a bit.

to say its favored the lakers is retard certifiable.

"the foul" should have never happened, it should have been laker ball with the shot clock turned off with 7 seconds left.

kobe should have gotten at least 1 free throw in the game. thats the least he should get for getting slapped and hacked all night.

if whining and pissing and moaning makes anyone here feel better, go nuts, better you than me, 3-1 sounds pretty good i think..

Ditto

DazedAndConfused
05-28-2008, 11:03 PM
Phil Jackson was a complete tard for making that * comment. I don't know why he said that, maybe he was just poking fun at SAS. He likes to do that a lot it seems.

Anyways, the only team that deserves a * is the fucking Miami heat for that godforsaken ref cheat job they got in '06.

YellowFever
05-28-2008, 11:03 PM

quit yer whining.

That ring was not blemished in the least.

Every teams played the same exact number of games and no team had an advantage over any other team.

Everybody went through the same process and the Spurs came out on top.

By your logic NONE of the championships in the 50's or 60's mattered because they had fewer teams and lesser amount of games.

It was NBA sanctioned and therefore completely legitimite.

NRHector
05-28-2008, 11:06 PM
No, because this season wasn't lockout-shortened.

:lobt2: * <---- 1999 :nopewell that just make my point stronger because everybody played the same amount of games and had the same chances and in that foul guess who did not call it and what was at stake?

Tyler_Durden
05-28-2008, 11:29 PM
Jesus Fucking Christ.

I have an idea.

How about putting an asterisk next to every NBA Championship ever won, because at least one team was wronged at one point or another.

Talk about a stinky can of worms.

Killakobe81
05-28-2008, 11:35 PM
No * for 99 or 08 ...
It was funny though and heated up our rivalry ...i know he wouldnt but Pop should return the favor LOL

nba_fan89
05-28-2008, 11:37 PM
Yeah we should put an asterisk next to every team that ever won a title. Cuz there are missed calls in every game that had ever been played in the history of the NBA. Especially back in the days where a guy could get raped on the court and not get a foul.

So yeah, put a * next to every team that won a title. Cuz i'm sure there where some missed calls in those playoffs that would have made a difference

LakerRings
05-28-2008, 11:40 PM
:lol:lol:lol

SO sad. If the Spurs are better than the Lakers, they would notbe down 3-1, call ornon call. If they are the better team, then they should have no problem wining the next three games. Phoenix beat the lakers when they were down 3-1.

Bunch of whining crybabies.

At least your team has enough class and recognition to call it as it is.

it's only the sad pathetic fans that have the issue.

pawe
05-28-2008, 11:42 PM
Yeah let's do that so we all can keep Phil Jackson's moronic legacy alive.

Lakers_55
05-28-2008, 11:46 PM
are there any asterisks left in the record books? I thought they took the one out next to Roger Maris' 61 home runs saying he played in 162 games but Ruth with 60 played in 154.

Bandwagon Fan
05-29-2008, 12:02 AM
99 deserves an asterisk because it wasnt like any other season. Regardless if every team had the same opportunity, you can't compare 99 to any of the other years around it.

Robinzine
05-29-2008, 12:13 AM
Yeah let's do that so we all can keep Phil Jackson's moronic legacy alive.
Moronic legacy my ass. I'll take 9 rings as a coach over anything you got.:ihit

ImmortalD24
05-29-2008, 12:14 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/news/story?id=3416412

The league office on Wednesday reviewed the final play of the San Antonio Spurs' 93-91 home loss to the Los Angeles Lakers in Game 4 of the Western Conference finals and acknowledged that a two-shot foul should have been called on Derek Fisher for impeding Brent Barry.

The Spurs, in truth, wouldn't have had a chance to tie or win the game in the final two seconds if not for a fortuitous non-call on the previous possession.

Television replays indicated that Fisher's shot with 6.9 seconds to go grazed the rim before bouncing out of bounds off of Robert Horry's leg, meaning that the Lakers should have had a new shot clock instead of asking Kobe Bryant to hurry a fadeaway jumper after the ensuing timeout.

The new shot clock likely would have forced San Antonio to foul Bryant as opposed to getting the ball back off Bryant's miss to draw up a potential game-winning play.

KobeOwnsBowen
05-29-2008, 01:09 AM
2007 championship deserves an asterisks. Cheap Shot Horry got Amare and Diaw off the bench. Fuck the Spurs. You deserve that heartbreak in last game.

15 RINGS BITCH
05-29-2008, 01:15 AM
hows that saying go? live by the sword, then cry about a paper cut?

cant remember.

Ghazi
05-29-2008, 01:19 AM
Agreed with poster who said only team that deserves asterisk is the 2006 Heat. Atrocious officiating. Mavs deserved a title that year.

As for 1999 Spurs no and the 2008 Lakers definitely not.

pawe
05-29-2008, 01:32 AM
Moronic legacy my ass. I'll take 9 rings as a coach over anything you got.:ihit

:lol @ lakerfan defending the stupidity of their leader and master.
I didnt say he wasnt a great coach. Yes, everyone knows he is probably the best coach in the league right now but to take away the credit of a team that tried hard to win the championship is as stupid as a stupid fucktard in an opposing team's message board trying to troll for the fun of it.

peskypesky
05-29-2008, 01:33 AM
asterisk if either the lakers or the celtics wins.

garnett shoulda been suspended for shoving the ref in the hawks series (which would probably have sunk the celtics). lakers get an asterisk for the game 4 (reffed by joey crawford, no call on obvious foul)

jmill
05-29-2008, 01:40 AM

Here's the problem.

NOT a goaltend (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvQFQoTOPQ8)

-Fishers shot hit the rim. Not disputable. Everyone knows it. It was a blown call in favor of the Spurs. Should have been a new 24 and 2 FTs for the Lakers.

-Odoms block was NOT goaltending. Again, not disputable, and everyone knows it. Should have been Lakers ball instead of 2 pts for the Spurs. Blown call in favor of the spurs.

The truth is the Spurs never should have had the chance to win the game in the first place because they had two blown calls in their favor in the last 20 seconds.

Your problem is you have no ability to be objective and you're trying to justify your teams failure to this point on one bad call. Even though the only reason you ever had a chance in this game was because two blown calls in YOUR favor in the last minute of the game.

Oops.

jmill
05-29-2008, 01:42 AM
The funny thing is if there was any kind of replay system in the NBA whatsoever the Spurs never would have had a chance because the refs would have gotten those two calls right.

Since there is no replay system the Spurs almost got bailed out by two blown calls in their favor. So sick.

peskypesky
05-29-2008, 01:44 AM
Here's the problem.

NOT a goaltend (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvQFQoTOPQ8)

-Fishers shot hit the rim. Not disputable. Everyone knows it. It was a blown call in favor of the Spurs. Should have been a new 24 and 2 FTs for the Lakers.

-Odoms block was NOT goaltending. Again, not disputable, and everyone knows it. Should have been Lakers ball instead of 2 pts for the Spurs. Blown call in favor of the spurs.

The truth is the Spurs never should have had the chance to win the game in the first place because they had two blown calls in their favor in the last 20 seconds.

Your problem is you have no ability to be objective and you're trying to justify your teams failure to this point on one bad call. Even though the only reason you ever had a chance in this game was because two blown calls in YOUR favor in the last minute of the game.

Oops.

Here's the problem. You can't admit that Joey Crawford should never have been reffing this game. Refs are supposed to be impartial, and he's an acknowledged Spurs hater.

Oops.

jmill
05-29-2008, 01:47 AM
lol and to top it off, here's a Spurs fan on the game

Yeah. Well, I don't care since really the Lakers got jobbed out of free throws so that last play was already being free rolled by the officials so we can't sit here and bitch about a foul that should have never been in place to begin with.

Lets talk about how the Spurs let the Lakers kick their ass on the boards.

Oh, and anyone still think Bowen has lost a step? Dude is playing as magnificently as ever. Playing Kobe truly brings out the best in him.

Being objective and losing with class ^^

jmill
05-29-2008, 01:48 AM
Here's the problem. You can't admit that Joey Crawford should never have been reffing this game. Refs are supposed to be impartial, and he's an acknowledged Spurs hater.

Oops.

I don't care about Joey Crawford. The last play was clearly a foul. I said this last night and will say it again. Unfortunately unless someone is being a complete homer they can't deny that the Spurs only had a chance to win last night because of two blown calls in THEIR favor in the last 30 seconds. It never should have happened. Period.

Kobe Bryant has been to the FT line 1 time on 52 shots in SA. Oh the horror, what a conspiracy.

LakerLanny
05-29-2008, 01:49 AM

Yes, they get the one they jammed up your asses.

jmill
05-29-2008, 01:50 AM
I will acknowledge that I can't stand Joey Crawford and that I wish Tim Duncan had knocked his ass on the floor last year when he got ejected while being on the bench.

That was one of the dumbest things I've ever watched.

Steez
05-29-2008, 01:52 AM
No, Lakers do not deserve a *. Spurs of 99 don't have a * either. PJax was just talking out of his ass.

Lakers999
05-29-2008, 02:02 AM
if were gonna have asteriks it should be for the 06 finals.... miami heat had an extra player on that team and it was Tim Donaghy

Man of Steel
05-29-2008, 03:55 AM
No if Lakers win title

No to our 1999 title

lolz
05-29-2008, 04:23 AM

Oops.

Duncan is not the only player in the league that has a ref that dislikes him. There are plenty of coaches and plenty of players that believe some refs have blatant biases against them. Should every coach and player be able to decide what refs should be working the game? No. Why should the Spurs? Because their your team?

mathbzh
05-29-2008, 04:27 AM
* are for losers.
A win is a win.

stealth21
05-29-2008, 04:28 AM

Yep.......let the asterisk come back around full circle to PJ.

lolz
05-29-2008, 04:29 AM
Yep.......let the asterisk come back around full circle to PJ.

Yeah, his own lame joke being used against him will really cause him some sleepless nights. It's all poetic justice, I'm sure.

cly2tw
05-29-2008, 05:17 AM
Yes, but not because of the Fisher no-call. It's because they colluded with Mem management to get Gasol for free. That's against the spirit of the syndicated called NBA. ;)

stealth21
05-29-2008, 05:55 AM

Don't you have a drive by to attend to?

stealth21
05-29-2008, 05:59 AM
are there any asterisks left in the record books? I thought they took the one out next to Roger Maris' 61 home runs saying he played in 162 games but Ruth with 60 played in 154.

you do realize you didn't earn any of those trophies yourself right?
actually, your current team can't claim any of that shit either.
not to mention, that's a lot of old Minnesota shit.
can't you just go away, run down the street and go get some heroin for Flea and Anthony?

Shred
05-29-2008, 06:58 AM