PDA

View Full Version : NBA's Dilemma.

YellowFever
05-28-2008, 11:15 PM
I'm not going to debate if the foul should have been called or not, since that's been beaten to death here and every other forum I visited.
(and if you don't know what I'm talking about, you're an idiot)

But I think this incident brings up a good subject for the fine people of this board to chew on.

Obviously the refs are human and subject to human failings.

What can be done about it in the game of basketball?

We all know that you can probably call a foul on just about EVERY play.

And you're an idiot if you think the stars of this league does not get preferential treatment or the refs tend to swallow their whistles the last few seconds of a game to "let the players win it or lose it" by themselves.

I have a feeling that we can chew on this till the cows come home but there is NOTHING that will ever change this fact.

Basketball is just one of those games where the ref get to make the most impact and there is no answer to this dilemma.

It's just the way it is.

And all you guys know it too or you wouldn't love Basketball. :toast

Tyler_Durden
05-28-2008, 11:15 PM
shut the fuck up asshole.

YellowFever
05-28-2008, 11:16 PM
shut the fuck up asshole.

Spoken like a true Spurs fan. :toast

ChumpDumper
What can be done about it in the game of basketball?There will be some kind of challenge/instant replay rule in the final minute of games.

Tyler_Durden
Spoken like a true Spurs fan. :toast

Fuck you

ChumpDumper
05-28-2008, 11:17 PM
And shut the fuck up.

timmydidit
05-28-2008, 11:17 PM
shut the fuck up

Russ
05-28-2008, 11:18 PM
I'm not going to debate if the foul should have been called or not, since that's been beaten to death here and every other forum I visited.

Was there anything after this?

DDS4
05-28-2008, 11:25 PM

But I think this incident brings up a good subject for the fine people of this board to chew on.

And you're an idiot if you think the stars of this league does not get preferential treatment or the refs tend to swallow their whistles the last few seconds of a game to "let the players win it or lose it" by themselves.

I have a feeling that we can chew on this till the cows come home but there is NOTHING that will ever change this fact.

Basketball is just one of those games where the ref get to make the most impact and there is no answer to this dilemma.

It's just the way it is.

Nothing can be done.

Calls even out during the course of time. The only trend is the more aggressive team/players in the games seem to get the benefit.

pawe
05-28-2008, 11:34 PM
shut the fuck up

50 cent
05-28-2008, 11:40 PM
Fuck off.

nba_fan89
05-28-2008, 11:42 PM

It's just the way it is.

Basically :downspin:
:toast:

FromWayDowntown
05-28-2008, 11:45 PM
As long as there are acknowledged economic advantages to the association derived from the successes of particular franchises in certain key cities, some people will believe that the league will prefer those franchises over others and that those franchises get treated differently in key situations that are crucial to achieving ultimate success.

I don't think teams win or lose because of officiating. But I also don't think it would be realistic to think that officials don't tend to prefer (for whatever reason) certain teams in meting out the benefit of the doubt during games.