PDA

View Full Version : Karma.....

2Cleva
05-29-2008, 07:19 AM
Ahh it goes both ways. I must have slipped someone a mickey by putting it in fine print so I got caught with one in return.

What comes around, goes around.

And on that note - the same holds true for Spurs fans. The team knows it but obviously some fans don't. Its been mentioned in some articles and reports about the Spurs getting there share of "questionable calls" in their favor - here is one on the big stage where star power meant nothing.

AwO7m-1T9DE

That was another horrible call missed, but it also goes to show that refs don't call it in the last minute. Case in point Kobe trying to draw the foul on Ginobili last season.

But what it also highlights is that missed call or not, the Spurs were the better team that game and that series against Cleveland, just as the Lakers are the better team in this year's WCF. A couple of bad calls doesn't change that.

The end is nigh Spurs fans.

2Cleva
05-29-2008, 07:25 AM
He was fouled before he went up for a shot? If anything, the Bowen foul call was even more obvious and in the act of shooting.

You obviously still don't get it.

George Gervin's Afro
05-29-2008, 07:37 AM
I agree.For all the fortune we have had over the last few years we were due to for a bad bounce etc.. I am sure the Suns fans feel the same way some of us do about game 4 last year and losing Amare & Diaw... Anyway, I am tiring of these laker trolls..... They have a great young basketball team to cheer for yet they choose to act like they've never won before.... They seem to get pleasure out of other's discomfort and miser. Enjoy your team and they're good health because, just like the rest of us, your one injury away from being in the lottery..

FakerDynasty
05-29-2008, 07:41 AM
Nah, if someone goes down we'll just get the league to green-light another one-sided trade like we did this year.

George Gervin's Afro
05-29-2008, 07:59 AM
Nah, if someone goes down we'll just get the league to green-light another one-sided trade like we did this year.

good point..:lol

SpurOutofTownFan
05-29-2008, 09:15 AM
Ahh it goes both ways. I must have slipped someone a mickey by putting it in fine print so I got caught with one in return.

What comes around, goes around.

And on that note - the same holds true for Spurs fans. The team knows it but obviously some fans don't. Its been mentioned in some articles and reports about the Spurs getting there share of "questionable calls" in their favor - here is one on the big stage where star power meant nothing.

AwO7m-1T9DE

That was another horrible call missed, but it also goes to show that refs don't call it in the last minute. Case in point Kobe trying to draw the foul on Ginobili last season.

But what it also highlights is that missed call or not, the Spurs were the better team that game and that series against Cleveland, just as the Lakers are the better team in this year's WCF. A couple of bad calls doesn't change that.

The end is nigh Spurs fans.

You want me to really start pulling videos of horrible non-calls and calls against the Spurs???? I can do that - but you won't be pleased.

2Cleva
05-29-2008, 09:36 AM
You want me to really start pulling videos of horrible non-calls and calls against the Spurs???? I can do that - but you won't be pleased.

You can if you like - especially if you can find any last second shots like the one many fans are crying about.

A good blog from a Spurs fan sums it up perfectly.

Please don't Spurs fans. Just don't. Yes, it was an obvious foul on Derek Fisher. Yes, it should have been two free throws. But, but, but:

1. Derek Fisher's shot with 5 seconds left, the one that hit the Corpse of Robert Horry's knee and went out of bounds, grazed the rim. The shot clock should have been reset, forcing the Spurs to foul. This would have changed everything.

2. The goal tend call on Lamar Odom with under a minute left was incorrect. It looked correct at game speed, but the replace clearly showed he got the ball before it hit the rim. This would have changed everything.

3. Kobe Bryant shot the ball 29 times. He took 0 free throws.

Complaining about free throws is just grasping at straws, like a vanquished foe begging for their life. It's unbecoming.

The story of this game is the really the same as the story for the season: Old and Slow. The announcers repeatedly talked about how the Lakers were "quicker to the ball." Well, yeah. They're quicker to everything. They're quicker answering the door. They're quicker taking a dump. They're quicker....

Sorry this isn't eloquent. Sorry it's not fiery or vehement. I don't even think I managed a curse word in this whole thing. I'm tired, folks. This has been a long season for me, for you, for the Spurs. It's not over. But it's time to say goodbye.

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2008/5/27/540751/the-bell-tolls-for-we

CubanMustGo
05-29-2008, 10:04 AM
But it's OK when Phil bitches about the refereeing, the most recent case being on national television between Q1 and Q2 of game 4, right?

I don't mind when people call out Spurs players (or fans) for complaining about calls, but it boggles my mind why the same standards aren't applied to others and Phyllis is the worst coach in the league when it comes to public complaints regarding officiating.

The Spurs lost game 4 by their own play, not because of anything the refs did or didn't do.

honestfool84
05-29-2008, 10:20 AM
phil jackson is the biggest douche bag in the history of the game. he doesn't deserve to win.

Medvedenko
05-29-2008, 10:29 AM
Good post 2Cleva...the truce is over....

ChumpDumper
05-29-2008, 10:35 AM
Damn you guys whine a lot.

Medvedenko
05-29-2008, 10:41 AM
Damn you guys whine a lot.

Chumpy.....you do see a plethora of threads on this board whining about the refs, how shitty the spurs play etc. Of course it's a spurs website, but please the whining isn't only germane to laker fans.

ChumpDumper
05-29-2008, 10:42 AM
Chumpy.....you do see a plethora of threads on this board whining about the refs, how shitty the spurs play etc. Of course it's a spurs website, but please the whining isn't only germane to laker fans.You are here to whine while you are winning.

And you never stop.

It's pathetic.

Medvedenko
05-29-2008, 10:47 AM
You are here to whine while you are winning.

And you never stop.

It's pathetic.

Oh Really...I tried to stop and got lambasted and then subsequently banned for my efforts. It's all good really. The more laker games for me the happier I get.

Spurminator
05-29-2008, 10:48 AM
Have Spurs fans denied that was a foul? Bruce was TRYING to foul him because they had one to give. You can argue that it was in the act of shooting but typically refs don't give the shooting foul when the intention is clearly to foul on the floor and the shot has not been taken (you've seen Kobe try to fire off a quick shot after a foul on the floor and he doesn't get the FTs either).

ChumpDumper
05-29-2008, 10:48 AM
Oh Really...I tried to stop and got lambasted and then subsequently banned for my efforts. It's all good really. The more laker games for me the happier I get.You never tried to stop whining and now you're whining about getting banned for a couple of hours.

Boo fucking hoo.

George Gervin's Afro
05-29-2008, 10:53 AM
But it's OK when Phil bitches about the refereeing, the most recent case being on national television between Q1 and Q2 of game 4, right?

I don't mind when people call out Spurs players (or fans) for complaining about calls, but it boggles my mind why the same standards aren't applied to others and Phyllis is the worst coach in the league when it comes to public complaints regarding officiating.

The Spurs lost game 4 by their own play, not because of anything the refs did or didn't do.

No Laker fans applaud Philly but when others do the same thing they b*tch about them. See it's easy being a laker fan because you only support them when they are winning and ignore your own b*tch of a coach..

Robinzine
05-29-2008, 10:57 AM
phil jackson is the biggest douche bag in the history of the game. he doesn't deserve to win.
That "douchebag" has nine rings. Pop has four. By the way, if the Lakers win in the finals, then, yes, simply because of the scoreboard, he does deserve to win.

George Gervin's Afro
05-29-2008, 11:04 AM
That "douchebag" has nine rings. Pop has four. By the way, if the Lakers win in the finals, then, yes, simply because of the scoreboard, he does deserve to win.

he's a douchebag with 9 rings. feel better? For someone who has won so much he complains an awful lot..

Anti.Hero
05-29-2008, 11:50 AM
Life's not fair? No way!?