PDA

View Full Version : Another Nail in ABC News Coffin....

Nbadan
05-29-2008, 09:00 AM
The M$M dropped the ball during the lead up to the war and now that the lights are on the cockroaches are starting to scamper...turns out ABC News execs were pressuring reporters not to do stories critical of the WH....anyone surprised?

On Wednesday night, CNN's Jessica Yellin talked to Anderson Cooper about Scott McClellan's tell-all memoir and agreed with the former press secretary that White House reporters "dropped the ball" during the run-up to war.

But Yellin went much further, revealing that news executives--presumably at ABC News, where she'd worked from July 2003 to August 2007--actively pushed her not do hard-hitting pieces on the Bush administration.

"The press corps was under enormous pressure from corporate executives, frankly, to make sure that this was a war presented in way that was consistent with the patriotic fever in the nation and the president's high approval ratings," Yellin said.

"And my own experience at the White House was that the higher the president's approval ratings, the more pressure I had from news executives--and I was not at this network at the time--but the more pressure I had from news executives to put on positive stories about the president, I think over time...."

But then a shocked Cooper jumped in, asking, "You had pressure from news executives to put on positive stories about the president?"

"Not in that exact.... They wouldn't say it in that way, but they would edit my pieces," Yellin said. "They would push me in different directions. They would turn down stories that were more critical, and try to put on pieces that were more positive. Yes, that was my experience."

Politico (http://www.politico.com/blogs/michaelcalderone/0508/CNNs_Yellin_Network_execs_killed_critical_White_Ho use_stories_.html)

Mark another one down for conspiracy theorists.....

Nbadan
05-29-2008, 09:07 AM
By the way, ABC is producing a new 'fear' reality show that follows, get this, alien smuggling and border terra....yes, Mexican's immigrating to the U.S. to find work are the new terra threat according to ABC execs...

A new ABC unscripted series will take an unprecedented look behind the scenes at the government's fight against terrorism.

The network has ordered 11 hours of "Border Security USA" from executive producer Arnold Shapiro ("Big Brother"). Shot on location throughout the United States, the series will focus on the efforts of border protection agencies to halt illegal smuggling and immigration.
"Border" is billed as the first multiepisode television series to be shot in cooperation with the Department of Homeland Security, as well as several other government agencies.

"We're showing everyday heroes who are risking their lives to protect us," said Shapiro, who also produced the law enforcement series "Rescue 911" and the classic jailhouse documentary "Scared Straight." "Every mode of transportation to get into the country, we have covered."

Link (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3ib3f082bb63c9203855994aea8e627f0b)

Nbadan
05-29-2008, 09:17 AM
Here is her interview...

oZrrfW1alos

ChumpDumper
05-29-2008, 09:36 AM
So the lede here is "Network Cares About Ratings."

JoeChalupa
05-29-2008, 10:05 AM
That damn liberal media!!! :cuss

Yonivore
05-29-2008, 10:10 AM
That damn liberal media!!! :cuss
Didn't hurt that the vast majority of liberals in Congress and the previous administration were in total agreement with the president's view of Iraq, the belief that Iraq was dangerous and had WMD's, and in the president's decision to invade.

To have been critical of the president's Iraq policy, prior to March of 2003, would have also been throwing sand in the faces of liberal Gods like Bill Clinton.

Don Quixote
05-29-2008, 10:32 AM
Wow. The hard lefties are now throwing ABC News off the cliff! Um ... they're on your side, guys.

They're certainly not a right-wing organization, anyway.

ChumpDumper
05-29-2008, 10:33 AM
Didn't hurt that the vast majority of liberals in Congress and the previous administration were in total agreement with the president's view of Iraq, the belief that Iraq was dangerous and had WMD's, and in the president's decision to invade.

To have been critical of the president's Iraq policy, prior to March of 2003, would have also been throwing sand in the faces of liberal Gods like Bill Clinton."The buck stops somewhere else!"

clambake
05-29-2008, 10:37 AM
yoni considers clinton to be a god.

clambake
05-29-2008, 10:39 AM
and he won't rip off chris duel's forum.

this is groundbreaking!

Yonivore
05-29-2008, 11:11 AM
yoni considers clinton to be a god.
Well, thanks for confirming my suspicions about your reading comprehension skills.

Yonivore
05-29-2008, 11:12 AM
and he won't rip off chris duel's forum.

this is groundbreaking!

Chris Duel is an idiot.

Nbadan
06-02-2008, 02:32 AM
Let's dance...

_atzzR4skNE

David Gregory...what an idiot!