PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC: NBA fixing games? It's not that outlandish

JWest596
05-29-2008, 10:10 AM
Curran: NBA fixing games? It's not that outlandish
In post-Donaghy era, evidence just seems to pile up (see Brent Barry)

OPINION
By Tom Curran
updated 4:55 p.m. CT, Wed., May. 28, 2008

Well, it’s good to see that the Tim Donaghy case hasn't forced NBA officials to make sure their officiating in the biggest games appears agenda-free.

With a majority of America drooling over the prospect of a Celtics-Lakers NBA Finals, the officiating crew of Joey Crawford, Joe Forte and Marc Wunderlich butchered the final half-minute of the fourth game in the Western Conference Finals between the Lakers and Spurs on Tuesday night.

Coincidentally, all calls favored L.A.

Hmmmmm. Or at least the appearance of Hmmmmmmmmmm.

First came the no-call on Kobe Bryant’s three-step odyssey to the hoop that ended with a bad miss with 33 seconds left and the Lakers up 93-89. Then came Lamar Odom obliterating Tony Parker on a breakaway with 28 seconds left. Odom got called for the goaltend but not for driving Parker through the photographers and into the first row with contact after the layup (that’s part of the play, folks, being able to maintain body control after the shot attempt). Then came Kobe with the amazing, changing pivot foot as he was harassed by Manu Ginobili near midcourt. Then came Brent Barry up-faking Derek Fisher, getting LANDED ON and not getting a call.

That’s four calls in a half-minute in Game 4 of a conference finals all favoring a team that was on the road.

Pre-Donaghy, I’d have laughed at anyone who said games are fixed and the league orchestrates who advances in the playoffs. NBA officials don’t have agendas, they just aren't any good, I’d have countered. But the Donaghy case pretty much blew reasonable doubt out of the water, didn’t it.

In these playoffs, I’ve watched the Celtics pummel Josh Childress within an inch of his life as they advanced past Childress’ Hawks. Then I watched LeBron James get away with ridiculously implausible transgressions when the Celtics played the Cavs — a charge call that went his way when he jumped in front of Paul Pierce at crunch time in Game 6 of the Eastern Semis; a jersey pull on Pierce in Game 7 that was in clear view of the planet in Game 7. And those are just a few of the ones that spring to mind immediately.

There are going to be misconceptions about what happened in San Antonio. Laker loyalists will counter that the Spurs had a healthy advantage in free throw attempts (19 for the Lakers, 26 for the Spurs at the end, but it was a greater differential earlier in the game). The fact is, when the game was on the line, the Joeys and Mr. Wunderlich swallowed their whistles when the Lakers were on defense. Another misconception: Barry wasn't fouled attempting a 3-pointer. He up-faked. He got landed on. He dribbled once. Then he shot and missed. He was fouled on the floor and deserved the two free throws that could have tied it.

My favorite part? Time and again, the camera will focus on the white chocolate Easter egg with eyes that is the head of Joey Crawford. “One of the best,” the announcers will unfailingly blurt. When your “best” is a guy who was suspended indefinitely by the commissioner last year for being an overofficious jerk (and challenging Tim Duncan to a fight, which was the cherry on top), you might have an issue.

Tidbits

• I want everyone to consider for a moment these words spoken by ESPN's Stuart Scott after a feature on the friendship of Kevin Garnett and Chauncey Billups concluded.

"As always, sports is really about passion more than it is the actual sport."

Now. Please tell me what the heck that means.

• Tim Duncan is calcifying before our eyes, by the way. He missed five point-blank layups in the second half last night and was just horrific down the stretch for San Antonio in a 10-for-26 performance. He looks tired. He looks old. I'd rather have Pau Gasol at the moment.

• Stephen A. Smith's recent column in ESPN the Magazine about the O.J. Mayo case is very good. It reminds me of two things: USC has David Stern to thank for any headaches caused by Mayo or other "student-athletes" the NBA refuses to allow to ply their trade professionally until first pretending to go to college. Second, Stephen A. is more fun to read than listen to or watch.

• You can find any number of smoking guns to point to when trying to make a point about players not getting a fan's perspective but here's one offered by Red Sox DH David Ortiz last week. In response to a new initiative by MLB to try (again) and speed up the pace of games, Ortiz told The Boston Globe, "There's so much stuff involved in this game. When you have a payroll of $180 million, you're doing everything to win, right? So if I'm a team owner, I don't see the reason why, when I put a good team together, why the game has to be rushed. If I'm a team owner and you come to me with something like that ... You know what? [Expletive]!"

Know why the game has to be "rushed," David? Because the length of them — the Red Sox, in particular — is a massive turnoff for fans. If you told Ortiz he had to sit through a two-hour, 40-minute movie six nights a week he'd tell you to, "(Expletive)!" But it’s OK for baseball fans who foot the bill for those $180 million payrolls to be subjected to that?

Consider that, if the average game takes 160 minutes to play, the regular season is a cool 432 hours long. That's 18 days of uninterrupted baseball. That's fun.

• If Deron Williams, Chris Paul and Carlos Boozer don’t wind up on Team USA and Lamar Odom, Jason Kidd and Chauncey Billups do ... well, that will be bad.

© 2008 NBC Sports.com

URL: http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/24862337/

Robinzine
05-29-2008, 10:31 AM
Oh yeah, it's a big conspiracy.:rolleyes Everybody's in on it, just to insure the Lakers/Celtics get in the finals and the networks get high ratings. Give me a freaking break. Speaking of ratings, MessNBC couldn't get ratings if their life depended on it. Quick, get that blowhard Keith Olberman on the case. He'll get to the bottom of it, say something loud and stupid, then we'll go back to ignoring him again.

Robinzine
05-29-2008, 10:34 AM
Oh by the way - everyone conveniently forgets (especially Spurs fans) that Barry took steps before the non-call. Is that a conspiracy that should be looked into also?:rolleyes

Dopey310
05-29-2008, 10:35 AM
Refs fixed games every year except the years when the Spurs win. :sleep

DarrinS
05-29-2008, 10:41 AM
Oh by the way - everyone conveniently forgets (especially Spurs fans) that Barry took steps before the non-call. Is that a conspiracy that should be looked into also?:rolleyes

Lame.

Mj23foreva
05-29-2008, 10:44 AM
If game 4 was called fairly/consistantly throughout the Lakers wouldve won by 20.

DarrinS
05-29-2008, 10:46 AM
If game 4 was called fairly/consistantly throughout the Lakers wouldve won by 20.

consistently

Mj23foreva
05-29-2008, 10:48 AM
thank you

JWest596
05-29-2008, 10:48 AM
Lakers fans are so funny.

They spent the last years calling the Spurs the "Stern"s, interjecting astericks, shouting from the roof tops about the NBA's convoluted attempt to control world basketball via the Spurs. I've read your boards. go have a circle jerk with Laker Lanny. Phil complains after the first quarter about the refs in public TV and says that's the real problem and his dream comes true.

A MSNBC writers states his opinion and says the NBA's past history, ref shenanigans and its lackadaisical approach to integrity is biting them in the ass.

Hilarious. But when the Lakers are involved , the game is as pure as driven snow. After all the NBA commissiioner Stern is on record as being a Lakers sycophant since the Shaq and Kobe days, he'd love nothing more than a ménage a Trios

Freaking hilarious.

sedale threatt
05-29-2008, 10:54 AM
god i wish we could be more like our coach and players and stop blaming the officials, especially considering our history of flops and cheap shots. sometimes it's embarrassing to be a spurs fan.

JWest596
05-29-2008, 11:00 AM
god i wish we could be more like our coach and players and stop blaming the officials, especially considering our history of flops and cheap shots. sometimes it's embarrassing to be a spurs fan.

Well at least we're not Lakers fans. The league's official retards. Like your post.

Dopey310
05-29-2008, 11:02 AM

They spent the last years calling the Spurs the "Stern"s, interjecting astericks, shouting from the roof tops about the NBA's convoluted attempt to control world basketball via the Spurs. I've read your boards. go have a circle jerk with Laker Lanny. Phil complains after the first quarter about the refs in public TV and says that's the real problem and his dream comes true.

A MSNBC writers states his opinion and says the NBA's past history, ref shenanigans and its lackadaisical approach to integrity is biting them in the ass.

Hilarious. But when the Lakers are involved , the game is as pure as driven snow. After all the NBA commissiioner Stern is on record as being a Lakers sycophant since the Shaq and Kobe days, he'd love nothing more than a ménage a Trios

Freaking hilarious.

I think it was Suns fans that started calling Spurs the Stern.

DarrinS
05-29-2008, 11:03 AM

that's because you're not a Spurs fan.

GrandeDavid
05-29-2008, 11:04 AM
• Tim Duncan is calcifying before our eyes, by the way. He missed five point-blank layups in the second half last night and was just horrific down the stretch for San Antonio in a 10-for-26 performance. He looks tired. He looks old. I'd rather have Pau Gasol at the moment.

URL: http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/24862337/

Somebody tell Tim he said this and see how Tim reacts tonight. If Tim sucks, then I guess its true.

smeagol
05-29-2008, 11:06 AM
I wonder what LL has to say after years of blaming refs are always against LA :lol

stretch
05-29-2008, 11:11 AM
If game 1 was called fairly/consistantly throughout the Spurs wouldve won by 20.

fixed.

wildbill2u
05-29-2008, 12:11 PM
I remember a playoff game between the Lakers and Spurs some years ago where the Spurs picked up 24 or 26 fouls BEFORE THE HALF to Zero for the Lakers.

By the end of the game, the refs had evened up the fouls somewhat, but the Spurs were playing from behind and with foul trouble all during the game so even with the number of fouls being close, they were still at a disproportionate handicap for the game.

Every basketball fan has seen games where the refs control the game with their whistles--whether it is for gambling purposes or simply incompetence.

All that being said, we weren't gonna win that game with two starters with zero points (Oberto, Finley) and one with 7 (Bowen) and Manu not playing well. It was a tribute to the players' true grit that we kept coming back and had our chances at the end.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-29-2008, 12:12 PM
Lakers and Kings series in conference final was rig by refs. I believe this no question. Calls were crazy in this series.

T Park
05-29-2008, 12:15 PM
Yeah, as much of us I think HOPED it wouldn't happen, I remember some saying "If you play LA in the western Finals, your getting get screwed over by the refs" I held onto the refs have nothing to do with it blah blah blah, but after game 4, how can you not start to believe that stuff?

Fake Dynasty
05-29-2008, 12:16 PM
Kobe Bryant has been to the free throw line 6 times in this entire 4 game series.

Take your conspiracy theory and shove 'em up your ass.

That's 1.75 free throw attempts per game and 1 free throw every 15 shots...

Despite that, we're beating the Spurs fair and square. The Spurs team, nor the head coach would've called that a foul because players and coaches know the game.

The media started this shitstorm over the Barry "non-call" because you can't find one Spur or Lakers player that bitched about any of the calls.

Funny, isn't it?

SpurOutofTownFan
05-29-2008, 12:17 PM
Its' funny - after game 4 I posted this was a defining moment in basketball and all the sources indicate it is. Let me point out before anything else that the Spurs lost the game not because of the last foul but because their inability to make plays when it counted plus a horrible scheduling that didn't allow them to rest as you are supposed to.

Now back to the topic, that foul and the hundreds of inconsistencies we are seeing from the league lately are defining this season for good. Almost all sport writers are going out of their way to indicate the non-call at the end of game 4 between the lakers and spurs.

Then they go into other details about the NBA, like conspiracies, rogue refs, blown fines from Stu Jackson, etc.

I think we are on the verge of some major restructuring in the NBA - the journalits are aiming at this and are increasingly pushing in this direction.

Yes, game 4 was a definining moment in the history of this sport in the US.

Zero Point Four
05-29-2008, 12:25 PM
Really fixed?

Or just fixed when the Spurs lose?

Which is it?

Spurs earned all their titles legitimately, but when they lose, it is fixed?

Grow up.

slayermin
05-29-2008, 01:10 PM

Freaking hilarious.

Great, fucking post. This should be stickied to the top of the forum for all to read.

Red Hawk #21
05-29-2008, 01:13 PM
I was rooting for you guys(Still am) but I knew something like this was going to happen, its simple ,if Stern doesn't want you to win a series or if you have a problem with one of the Refs your chances of winning the series are pretty low. Next time the Spurs have to try to play close to perfect to win, ball movement, energy, tough defense, rebounding all have to be shown for you to even have a chance.

slayermin
05-29-2008, 01:13 PM
Kobe Bryant has been to the free throw line 6 times in this entire 4 game series.

Despite that, we're beating the Spurs fair and square. The Spurs team, nor the head coach would've called that a foul because players and coaches know the game.

The media started this shitstorm over the Barry "non-call" because you can't find one Spur or Lakers player that bitched about any of the calls.

Funny, isn't it?

I want video documentation of all these missed calls you and your dumbass fans keep bringing up. It could be that the Spurs and Bruce Bowen are playing a great series on your beloved Kobe. Just because he isn't going to the line doesn't mean he's getting screwed over.

Indazone
05-29-2008, 01:17 PM
This summer during the offseason, the Feds are going to blow the lid right off the NBA. I hope it's soon cause nothing would make me happier than to see Stern resign or serve jail time for rigging the games.

thispego
05-29-2008, 01:18 PM
Oh yeah, it's a big conspiracy.:rolleyes Everybody's in on it, just to insure the Lakers/Celtics get in the finals and the networks get high ratings. Give me a freaking break. Speaking of ratings, MessNBC couldn't get ratings if their life depended on it. Quick, get that blowhard Keith Olberman on the case. He'll get to the bottom of it, say something loud and stupid, then we'll go back to ignoring him again.

I don't get it... Lakers fans benefit from this?? why wont you just admit it when you're clearly the benefactors of such an arrangement. Are you all blind???

MadDog73
05-29-2008, 01:18 PM
Its' funny - after game 4 I posted this was a defining moment in basketball and all the sources indicate it is. Let me point out before anything else that the Spurs lost the game not because of the last foul but because their inability to make plays when it counted plus a horrible scheduling that didn't allow them to rest as you are supposed to.

Now back to the topic, that foul and the hundreds of inconsistencies we are seeing from the league lately are defining this season for good. Almost all sport writers are going out of their way to indicate the non-call at the end of game 4 between the lakers and spurs.

Then they go into other details about the NBA, like conspiracies, rogue refs, blown fines from Stu Jackson, etc.

I think we are on the verge of some major restructuring in the NBA - the journalits are aiming at this and are increasingly pushing in this direction.

Yes, game 4 was a definining moment in the history of this sport in the US.

Yep, that's the problem.

Someone asked me today, if Barry gets the fouls, do the Spurs win?

Probably not, I answer. But I'd like to see it for myself.

And that's the problem: By all indications, the Lakers are the better team.

Yet, blown calls in this series are creating doubt where there should be none.

If anyone should be upset about the non-call, it's Lakers fans. It's their path to the Championship that's being tarnished.

All we ask for (both Laker and Spurs fans) is consistent calls that don't favor either team.

LakerLanny
05-29-2008, 01:20 PM

Correct

Ft attempts were 26 - 12 at the end of the 3rd qtr and the *purs still couldn't get a lead

What does that tell you?

I won't even address the moronic MSNBC article, the author conveniently ignores the indisputable calls that all favored the *purs in the final minute......LO's clean block on Parker called goaltend (by Joey Crawford), Manu's 3 point basket where his foot was clearly on the line, Fisher's shot hitting the rim with five seconds left, yet no clock reset.

If even one of those calls is made, then Barry doesn't even get a chance to win the game after traveling first.

thispego
05-29-2008, 01:22 PM
Ahhh it's good to be a Laker Fan:lmao

Zero Point Four
All we ask for (both Laker and Spurs fans) is consistent calls that don't favor either team.

And you got a non-call on Fisher's rim shot balanced by the non-call on Fisher's collision.

Exactly what you asked for.

LakerLanny
This summer during the offseason, the Feds are going to blow the lid right off the NBA. I hope it's soon cause nothing would make me happier than to see Stern resign or serve jail time for rigging the games.

No, Tim Donaghy is an "isolated incident"

Yeah, riiiiiiiiight!

Indazone
05-29-2008, 01:24 PM
Tell my why don't we have this conspiracy with NCAA refs during the March Madness tournament? I'll tell you why. Cause the refs are swapped from different conferences to ref certain games so they are impartial. NCAA games are not stupid one sided reffed games. Nobody questions the NCAA referees now do they. Did you ever wonder why most of the refs in the NBA are Italian?

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-29-2008, 01:25 PM

Stern is Jew. He will not go to jail.

mardigan
05-29-2008, 01:27 PM
[QUOTE=JThen came Kobe with the amazing, changing pivot foot as he was harassed by Manu Ginobili near midcourt.[/QUOTE]

:lol
I forgot about the Kobe 4 step. Good job refs.

Red Hawk #21
05-29-2008, 01:31 PM
Just the fact that most fans know the refs by face and by name is showing that they have to much power imo.

BlackSwordsMan
05-29-2008, 01:32 PM
always next year huh?

RussN
05-29-2008, 01:41 PM

Great point! Everyone forgets about this one. The refs in the NBA consistently make calls to keep the game CLOSE. Especially in the playoffs. Just watch the game. The Lakers would be kicking our asses by 25 at halftime of game 4 if this wasn't the case.

It comes down to the end...where normally the best team wins. This has been where the Spurs shined in the past 5 years. Not so much this year and the Spurs players/coaches know it.

BTW... I still think they should have called a foul on the floor at the end of game 4 and given Barry 2 shots.

MadDog73
05-29-2008, 01:44 PM
And you got a non-call on Fisher's rim shot balanced by the non-call on Fisher's collision.

Exactly what you asked for.

:rolleyes

Read the article again.

MadDog73
05-29-2008, 01:46 PM
What are Laker fans afraid of?

Don't think Kobe could beat us in Overtime?

I'd like to see just ONE Laker fan admit it was a bad call, and Barry should have gotten 2 FTs.

Commissioner Stern
05-29-2008, 01:47 PM
Then stop watching. You really think anyone cares if a bunch of hicks with a persecution complex stops being an audience? The same bunch of folks that have been handed the championship platform for years now as the "model" franchise of the NBA has fans which are whining and moaning because as everybody concedes, they've met their match?

Just stop watching. If you believe that theres a league conspiracy to finally dethrone the Spurs after 4 championships in which one championship was due to suspensions being handed to your biggest threat, I suggest you just leave.

Because you've lost all sense of rational thought.

Zero Point Four
05-29-2008, 01:50 PM
What are Laker fans afraid of?

Don't think Kobe could beat us in Overtime?

I'd like to see just ONE Laker fan admit it was a bad call, and Barry should have gotten 2 FTs.

I just got done telling you it was a non-call balanced by a non-call.

Man up.

And listen to the Commissioner.

IllegalAmigo
05-29-2008, 02:19 PM
Then stop watching. You really think anyone cares if a bunch of hicks with a persecution complex stops being an audience? The same bunch of folks that have been handed the championship platform for years now as the "model" franchise of the NBA has fans which are whining and moaning because as everybody concedes, they've met their match?

Just stop watching. If you believe that theres a league conspiracy to finally dethrone the Spurs after 4 championships in which one championship was due to suspensions being handed to your biggest threat, I suggest you just leave.

Amen to that!!

Most of these whiners cry more and louder than a hungry newborn in a topless bar. Their mini, never-repeated-once farce of a dynasty is coming to an end tonight and te best they could muster up is a bitch-fest about the officiating in a series where their team is obviously inferior to the competition.

Meet the new boss, bitches.
Same as the old boss.

defnite
05-29-2008, 02:28 PM
this is so stupid, the calls definitly favored the spurs. Look at free throw attempts. Again no one is talking about the obvious travel by tim duncan when he ran the ball in and dunked it. Spurs just lost. I mean technically Brent Barry should have gotten a chance at the shot because Derek Fisher hit rim. Just like the conspiracy nba to give us another chance to win the game though by not reseting the clock. We lost, you know it, I know it, the whole world knows it.

Zero Point Four
05-29-2008, 02:29 PM
Amen to that!!

Most of these whiners cry more and louder than a hungry newborn in a topless bar. Their mini, never-repeated-once farce of a dynasty is coming to an end tonight and te best they could muster up is a bitch-fest about the officiating in a series where their team is obviously inferior to the competition.

Same as the old boss.

Beautiful smack.
Oscar Award-winning.
Timeless.

And yes, the awards are given out in L.A..

http://www.getyourpeople.com/hallamfoe/academy_award_poster.jpg

IllegalAmigo
05-29-2008, 02:36 PM
They love me! They really love me!

Oh my, where do I start? First and foremost, I would like to thank my Lakers brothers from other mothers, but I couldn't have acheived this accolade were it not for all the sniveling, cantankerous, "we-wuz-robbed", Spurs crybabies here on this board. They gave me reason to smack. I'm going to miss these mental midgets after tonight. Not really.

MadDog73
05-29-2008, 02:40 PM
Beautiful smack.
Oscar Award-winning.
Timeless.

And yes, the awards are given out in L.A..

Well, you've got one thing right:

The NBA is becoming quite the show. With a script and everything.

Of course, I got a sneak-peak at the screenplay: The Celtics beat the Lakers in 7.

Place your bets before the word gets out.

spurastic
05-29-2008, 02:44 PM
LOL at all the Laker trolls. You guys are soooooo entertaining. Keep it up!!!

greenroom
05-29-2008, 02:47 PM

You do understand that they can call traveling on almost everytrip to the floor.

Traveling is like Holding in the NFL. Its done on every play, but not always called.

Indazone
05-29-2008, 02:51 PM

Oh this one takes the cake lol. The troll of all trolls who thinks he's such a badass that he takes the Moniker Commissioner Stern. Laker Troll extrodinaire.

cash459
05-29-2008, 03:02 PM
Correct

Ft attempts were 26 - 12 at the end of the 3rd qtr and the *purs still couldn't get a lead

What does that tell you?

I won't even address the moronic MSNBC article, the author conveniently ignores the indisputable calls that all favored the *purs in the final minute......LO's clean block on Parker called goaltend (by Joey Crawford), Manu's 3 point basket where his foot was clearly on the line, Fisher's shot hitting the rim with five seconds left, yet no clock reset.

If even one of those calls is made, then Barry doesn't even get a chance to win the game after traveling first.

how about the foul by odom on that play? what about kobe's swith of the pivot foot? care to talk about those? :rolleyes

cash459
05-29-2008, 03:02 PM
Amen to that!!

Same as the old boss.

:wtf

spursfan09
05-29-2008, 03:11 PM

oh yeah and you are definitly a spurs fan

Thomas82
05-29-2008, 07:39 PM

Can he really serve time for fixing games?

VinnyTestesVerde
05-29-2008, 07:45 PM

Funny, isn't it?

Ever occur to you that less driving to the basket = less FT attempts? Just a thought :rolleyes

Radiosparks
05-29-2008, 07:47 PM
Really fixed?

Or just fixed when the Spurs lose?

Which is it?

Spurs earned all their titles legitimately, but when they lose, it is fixed?

Grow up.

Oh so now we won them legitimately? :wow I recall the Laker fans and coach claiming the Spurs Championship were not legitimate. The last game has everyone thinking and now you want your shit to be legitimate. Sorry brosef, go put on your Purple and Gold Tinkerbell dress and sit on this :flipoff.

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Canuck
05-29-2008, 07:57 PM
I can admit that last play was a foul but, the Spurs have gotten away with a lot of crap in the past. *cough* vs the suns in 03 and bowens push off on Lebron *cough*.

Karma, sometimes is a bitch.

SRJ
05-29-2008, 08:00 PM
LO's clean block on Parker called goaltend (by Joey Crawford),

Idiot - when a shot hits the glass first, it's a goaltend.

Ban yourself from life.

Strike
05-29-2008, 08:04 PM

Traveling almost never gets called, especially in the playoffs.

See: Chris Paul and Kobe Bryant.

Zero Point Four
05-29-2008, 08:05 PM
Oh so now we won them legitimately? :wow I recall the Laker fans and coach claiming the Spurs Championship were not legitimate. The last game has everyone thinking and now you want your shit to be legitimate. Sorry brosef, go put on your Purple and Gold Tinkerbell dress and sit on this

Fine. I don't care. If you think your titles aren't legitimate, who am I to argue?

Anti.Hero
05-29-2008, 08:34 PM
Yeah, as much of us I think HOPED it wouldn't happen, I remember some saying "If you play LA in the western Finals, your getting get screwed over by the refs" I held onto the refs have nothing to do with it blah blah blah, but after game 4, how can you not start to believe that stuff?

No. The fact that the Spurs forget how to score for 5 mins at a time has fucked over their repeat hopes.

Anti.Hero
05-29-2008, 08:37 PM
Hey Laker fan. How's it feel seeing most of the loudmouths out there trying to take away from you winning this series? <----What we've dealt with the entire run.

TampaDude
05-29-2008, 08:46 PM
Can he really serve time for fixing games?

Yes, under Federal RICO statutes, he could face a long prison term.

Never gonna happen, though...

Avitus1
05-29-2008, 09:00 PM
Ratings seem to be the determining factor behind the NBA lately, or at least it would seem. David Stern might as well change his last name to McMahon if thats true.