PDA

View Full Version : Something we all need to look at, so we can put this foul to rest.

imatroll
05-29-2008, 10:50 AM
I had to copy my post from from another topic so you can get this through your heads. So here you go.

Bottom line, the league is messed up when it comes to the refs. This was the ugliest officiated game I have seen all post season. And I have watched every one of them.

But let's not distract from what nobody wants to look at, and admit.

Nobody want's to look at that last play step by step. They want to look at the foul. So here (http://i32.tinypic.com/8vvq4m.jpg) it is:

1) Barry catches the ball
2) does a little pump fake
3) Fish jumps and Barry steps back with his left leg (establishing his right foot as his pivot foot) at the same time
4) Barry lifts his right foot (pivot foot)
5) Barry puts his pivot foot back on the floor
6) Barry releases the ball and Fish fouls him at the same time
7) Barry throws up a prayer

That is called a travel. And then a foul.

Now, what nobody want's to admit, is that if you look at the game as a whole, the Lakers outplayed the Spurs from start to finish. No question about it. The refs are what kept them in it. And so many of you get bent out of shape when the refs dont bail you out yet one more time. The Spurs are the champs, and deserve that respect, but the Lakers were the better team that night.

Here is another one for you.

Q: Why isn't this so-called travel acknowledged by the NBA?

A: Because that shit is weak.

Ok. See what you want to see. But the proof is in the video. Your love for your team can't change that.

Also, the league looked at the foul because that is what all the pissing and moaning from you guys is about. Nobody from the Laker side is bringing up the travel because they won. If the league had overturned the call, then you might get some return fire from the Laker side. And you better believe the league would look at it and see the travel that you guys refuse to.

ChumpDumper
05-29-2008, 10:52 AM
We don't need to look at this and it won't put this foul to rest.

JWest596
05-29-2008, 10:52 AM
Lenscrafters is having a sale.

imatroll
05-29-2008, 10:53 AM
We don't need to look at this and it won't put this foul to rest.

Once you get past the denial part of it, you will be at peace my friend.

ChumpDumper
05-29-2008, 10:55 AM
Once you get past the denial part of it, you will be at peace my friend.I haven't posted one complaint about the foul or lack thereof.

This stupid thread from a stupid guy with a stupid name supporting some other stupid team helps nothing.

san antonio spurs
05-29-2008, 10:56 AM
we lost because of the lakers' offensive rebounding not the refs' missed call at the end. We can't sound like suns fans for Christ' sake.:bang

MaNu4Tres
05-29-2008, 10:56 AM
This stupid thread from a stupid guy with a stupid name supporting some other stupid team helps nothing.[/QUOTE]

Mark! +1

imatroll
05-29-2008, 10:58 AM
I'm already at peace. i haven't posted one complaint about the foul or lack thereof.

This stupid thread from a stupid guy with a stupid name supportgin some other stupid team helps nothing.

Easy with the name calling. No need to get upset. I know you love your team, but facts are facts.

My team is out of it BTW. And I pray that you guys beat the Lakers, because they beat us. You just need to outplay them. Not cry about an irrelevent foul.

ChumpDumper
05-29-2008, 10:59 AM
Easy with the name calling.I didn't call you a name.

"Stupid" is an adjective used to describe you.

CubanMustGo
05-29-2008, 11:00 AM
Easy with the name calling. No need to get upset. I know you love your team, but facts are facts.

My team is out of it BTW. And I pray that you guys beat the Lakers, because they beat us. You just need to outplay them. Not cry about an irrelevent foul.

(a) many people are NOT crying about the 'foul.'
(b) there are no Spurs posting here so wgaf?

DarrinS
05-29-2008, 11:00 AM
Why no NBA apology for Fisher hitting the rim and Barry travelling?

The answer is obvious.

imatroll
05-29-2008, 11:03 AM

The answer is obvious.

Because the Lakers won. There is no need to apologize. If you don't think Fishers shot hit the rim, or Barry traveled, then you need not reply. Because both happened.

With your logic, why doesn't the league go back and point out every non-call or bogus foul? Then apologize for it? Get real man.

xtremesteven33
05-29-2008, 11:04 AM
im not so upset that refs missed a call. but when a foul is so obvious and blatant and they refuse to whistle a foul, this just screams out conspiracy. when fisher's shot glazed the rim, that was VERY hard to see that in live play. especially when ur watching for fouls and traveling and 3 in the keys, but when a player on defense basically FALLS down on the shooter and there is no foul call just sounds really fishy to me.

DarrinS
05-29-2008, 11:05 AM
Because the Lakers won. There is no need to apologize. If you don't think Fishers shot hit the rim, or Barry traveled, then you need not reply. Because both happened.

With your logic, why doesn't the league go back and point out every non-call or bogus foul? Then apologize for it? Get real man.

If they called what Barry did a travel, then they would be whistling calls on almost every possession.

imatroll
I didn't call you a name.

"Stupid" is an adjective used to describe you.

Wow. Some of you guys never cease to amaze me. For an orginization tagged with the reputation of "class" some of you fans can rival that of the Phoenix Suns.

DarrinS
im not so upset that refs missed a call. but when a foul is so obvious and blatant and they refuse to whistle a foul, this just screams out conspiracy. when fisher's shot glazed the rim, that was VERY hard to see that in live play. especially when ur watching for fouls and traveling and 3 in the keys, but when a player on defense basically FALLS down on the shooter and there is no foul call just sounds really fishy to me.

+1

fishy -- no pun indended?

Robinzine
05-29-2008, 11:08 AM

The answer is obvious.
You whiny, bitchy Spurms fans will complain about these non-calls to your graves. Why don't you do what Queensfans did back in 2002 - complain to Ralph Nader about bad officiating. Then you'll feel better about yourselves and you can sleep at night, knowing that you've accomplished absolutely nothing.:lmao

imatroll
05-29-2008, 11:08 AM

I understand and respect your post, but you should click the link and see the travel before the foul.

I would be pissed if that happened to my team. But if there was a travel before the contact, then I would suck it up, accept the loss and come back shooting in the next game.

ChumpDumper
05-29-2008, 11:10 AM
Wow. Some of you guys never cease to amaze me. For an orginization tagged with the reputation of "class" some of you fans can rival that of the Phoenix Suns.Wow. Some of you guys never cease to amaze me. For an organization like the Jazz, stupid fans like you have nothing at all to with it and can't tell the difference between teams and spectators.

IllegalAmigo
05-29-2008, 11:10 AM
Don't pay any mind to Chump Dumber. She's obviously a bitter Hawk fan that can muster up nothing more than a few weak one-liners in threads that she has no business in. In other words, stupid is as stupid does.

As for the foul, which one again? There must have been 20 for each side that weren't called.

http://www.lakersbrethren.net/files/LakersSpin.gif

ChumpDumper
05-29-2008, 11:13 AM
Don't pay any mind to Chump Dumber. She's obviously a bitter Hawk fan that can muster up nothing more than a few weak one-liners in threads that she has no business in. In other words, stupid is as stupid does.Who judges which threads a poster should be in?

You?

Lakerfan in a Spur forum?

ednobli2
05-29-2008, 11:14 AM
A travel only happens when he puts his pivot foot back down. Not when he lifts it. Thats why when you lift up your PIVOT foot to go up for a layup it is not a travel unless your PIVOT foot comes back down if the ball is still in your posession.

imatroll
05-29-2008, 11:18 AM
A travel only happens when he puts his pivot foot back down. Not when he lifts it. Thats why when you lift up your PIVOT foot to go up for a layup it is not a travel unless your PIVOT foot comes back down if the ball is still in your posession.

Better yet. He puts his pivot foot down before the ball is released and the contact by Fish.

Seriously guys. Look at the link, and stop using excuses.

Not a knock on you ednobli2. Just saying....

still.focused
05-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Slow days at the Utah Jazz messageboard?

IllegalAmigo
05-29-2008, 11:24 AM
Who judges which threads a poster should be in?

You?

Lakerfan in a Spur forum?

Alright, you busted me. Guilty as charged.

However, the fact remains that your one liners are weak for a chick that comes off so condescending.

ednobli2
05-29-2008, 11:24 AM
Better yet. He puts his pivot foot down before the ball is released and the contact by Fish.

I am going by what you wrote down. I have officiated all levels of high school and D 2 basketball and wanted to let people know what rules are. you don't get two steps you actually get one and a half. the half is your pivot foot. Thanks for not knocking that's what my mother in law does. That play is not why we lost. There were 3 quarters and many oppurtunties before that. So on to game 5.

ChumpDumper
05-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Alright, you busted me. Guilty as charged.

However, the fact remains that your one liners are weak for a chick that comes off so condescending.And your whining about it makes you come off as kind of a pussy.

AztecPrincss
05-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Watever happend in game 4 its done!!! The spurs shouldnt have put them selfs in that position in the first place..They had so many ways to win this game and game 1 ...But bottom point they didnt..and just like spurs need to learn to live with it us as spurs fans need to as well..So plz guys stop questioning sumthing that it really dosent matter anymore ..Lets focus on game 5 and move on from there..''If we dont win'' we know will be bak next year with a lot of changes ..Thats for sure..

!!!GO SPURS GO!!!

IllegalAmigo
05-29-2008, 11:42 AM
And your whining about it makes you come off as kind of a pussy.

Well, you know what they say, You are what you eat, Dick.

ChumpDumper
05-29-2008, 11:43 AM
So you're like eleven? That explains the whining.

CubanMustGo
05-29-2008, 11:44 AM
Well, you know what they say, You are what you eat, Dick.

Apparently LakerFan says that a lot, I've seen it used by them more during this series than in five years on this board.

spurastic
05-29-2008, 12:11 PM
Wow. Some of you guys never cease to amaze me. For an orginization tagged with the reputation of "class" some of you fans can rival that of the Phoenix Suns.

Are you the guy that was holding his hand over one eye as Fisher was shooting free throws that made the news?

SpurOutofTownFan
05-29-2008, 12:13 PM
I haven't posted one complaint about the foul or lack thereof.

This stupid thread from a stupid guy with a stupid name supporting some other stupid team helps nothing.

OMG this was hilarious.

balli
05-29-2008, 12:15 PM

If you don't mind me asking, who are you at jazzfanz?

DarrinS
05-29-2008, 12:30 PM

It puts the lotion on its pivot foot. It does this when it is told.

PUT THE LOTION IN THE FUCKIN BASKET!