PDA

View Full Version : ***Official "Greg Ellis Is Bitching About Something Again" Thread

dickface
05-29-2008, 11:00 AM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/052908dnspoellislede.3e6cf92.html

Ellis upset with limited role in Dallas Cowboys' workouts
By CALVIN WATKINS / The Dallas Morning News

IRVING – Dallas Cowboys outside linebacker Greg Ellis will not participate in the last day of organized team activities today because he's upset with his repetitions being reduced in practice, sources said.

Ellis missed the first two days of OTAs this week and doesn't plan on coming back to practice at Valley Ranch unless he gets more repetitions.

Last week, the Cowboys told Ellis some of his practice time would be reduced to give 2007 first-round pick Anthony Spencer more time on the field. The Cowboys like Spencer's speed and intelligence, and coach Wade Phillips praised his performance in practice Wednesday. But Phillips said Ellis remains the starter.

According to the sources, the Cowboys have told Ellis they don't want to wear down his 32-year-old body in May. But a source said Ellis doesn't trust the team's motives.

Ellis was unavailable, and his agent, James Williams, declined to comment.

Team owner and general manager Jerry Jones downplayed Ellis' absence, saying the OTAs are voluntary.

This is not the first time Ellis has voiced displeasure.

In 2006, he was hesitant to move to outside linebacker after spending his career at defensive end and wondered if the team was forcing him out. When Spencer was drafted, those concerns were renewed, especially after Ellis missed the final seven games of '06 with an Achilles' tendon injury.

It wasn't until the Cowboys reworked his contract – essentially guaranteeing him another $2 million through 2009 – that Ellis played last season.

peewee's lovechild
05-29-2008, 01:01 PM
That is one paranoid mother fucker.

The funny thing is, most players want to do less during training camp and what not.
He's bitching because he wants to do more.

I'm getting annoyed with him.

DBryant88
05-29-2008, 01:06 PM
lets play spencer. i like youth and speed not age and wisdom

Chris
05-29-2008, 03:39 PM
Another years passes. Another bug crawls up Ellis' ass.

King
05-29-2008, 07:47 PM
I'm so sick of his crap. If I were Jerry, I'd call Parcells and offer Ellis for Taylor straight up. Change of scenery for both guys.

Anti.Hero
05-29-2008, 07:55 PM
Not only are the Cowboys too Hollywood, they are filled with annoying babies like this.

Evan
05-29-2008, 08:01 PM
Not only are the Cowboys too Hollywood, they are filled with annoying babies like this.

thats just part of sports

mardigan
05-29-2008, 08:30 PM
Trade him for Jason Taylor

Evan
05-29-2008, 08:41 PM
Trade him for Jason Taylor

yeah ok...I am sure Miami would be all over that....

mardigan
05-29-2008, 08:44 PM

Plus a low pick I dont see why not.

Evan
05-29-2008, 09:49 PM
Plus a low pick I dont see why not.

what does Miami get of of it? You're getting a headache for a headache. Miami is in the rebuilding business...why would they take someone Greg's age?

monosylab1k
05-30-2008, 08:07 AM

I guarantee you they will eventually. Right now the best offer they're getting is what, a third round pick? If they can trade Taylor for another solid, productive player who is a "Parcells guy" and get another pick as well, they'll be all over it eventually. Nobody is going to give them a 1st round pick for Taylor. If they're smart they take a deal like this.

Evan
05-30-2008, 10:03 AM
I guarantee you they will eventually. Right now the best offer they're getting is what, a third round pick? If they can trade Taylor for another solid, productive player who is a "Parcells guy" and get another pick as well, they'll be all over it eventually. Nobody is going to give them a 1st round pick for Taylor. If they're smart they take a deal like this.

You're talking about Ellis to Miami right?

I'm not sure Ellis is his type of guy…in fact I am sure he was very annoyed by him. I am very certain Bill tried to move Jason to Dallas but I just can't see the sense of moving an older complaining player for an older complaining player. That’s a move 2 mutual contenders make.

I agree with what you're saying...just not with Ellis.

Evan
05-30-2008, 10:27 AM
BTW…just for an example…I could see Miami trying to do a Chris Canty and a 3/4 for Jason. That’s a solid move for them.

monosylab1k
05-30-2008, 10:32 AM
You're talking about Ellis to Miami right?

I'm not sure Ellis is his type of guy…in fact I am sure he was very annoyed by him. I am very certain Bill tried to move Jason to Dallas but I just can't see the sense of moving an older complaining player for an older complaining player. That’s a move 2 mutual contenders make.

I agree with what you're saying...just not with Ellis.

Well Terry Glenn & Parcells weren't exactly buddies in New England but that didn't stop them from reuniting.

Canty and a 3/4 would be a decent deal but Canty is nothing more than a slightly above average DE. He's been a nice addition when you consider where he was drafted (along with the fact that he & 1st round bust Marcus Spears are always compared to each other), but if he could get a guy like Greg Ellis who is far better and also much more versatile, I think Parcells would do that instead.

Evan
05-30-2008, 10:45 AM
Well Terry Glenn & Parcells weren't exactly buddies in New England but that didn't stop them from reuniting.

Canty and a 3/4 would be a decent deal but Canty is nothing more than a slightly above average DE. He's been a nice addition when you consider where he was drafted (along with the fact that he & 1st round bust Marcus Spears are always compared to each other), but if he could get a guy like Greg Ellis who is far better and also much more versatile, I think Parcells would do that instead.

I can't find my fault in what you're saying but my argument still boils down to

"I just can't see the sense of moving an older complaining player for an older complaining player"
I'm not sure he wants that around his rebuilding.

Evan
05-30-2008, 11:32 AM
Speaking of Taylor...

I would love to hear Parcell's reacion to this

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/05/28/taylor.ap/index.html

:lol