PDA

View Full Version : The non-call actually helped the Spurs

Robinzine
05-29-2008, 11:21 AM
Because the obvious travel was not called, it put the Spurs in position to get off a last second shot. But if the travel was called before the so-called foul, it's a turnover and Barry doesn't even get an attempt. Game over. So if you believe that foul calls should be made consistently even at the end of games, then so should turnover calls.

In reality, no ref ever makes those calls at the end of games - not Joey Crawford, not anyone. You don't have to like it and you can bitch all you want, you just have to face it.

WCFBaby
05-29-2008, 11:22 AM
Ding Ding Ding!!!!

ChumpDumper
05-29-2008, 11:22 AM
Necessary new thread!

DarrinS
05-29-2008, 11:23 AM
We really needed another thread about this?

spurastic
05-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Barry didn't travel. Game clock had nothing to do with the no call foul. Altho Kobe did switch pivot feet and didn't get a travel call on that --that must be the travel call you're mouthing about.

hater
05-29-2008, 11:26 AM
Because the obvious travel was not called, it put the Spurs in position to get off a last second shot. But if the travel was called before the so-called foul, it's a turnover and Barry doesn't even get an attempt. Game over. So if you believe that foul calls should be made consistently even at the end of games, then so should turnover calls.

In reality, no ref ever makes those calls at the end of games - not Joey Crawford, not anyone. You don't have to like it and you can bitch all you want, you just have to face it.

u have the IQ of an amoeba

DarrinS
05-29-2008, 11:27 AM
u have the IQ of an amoeba

I was going to say a dead squirrel.

sa_butta
05-29-2008, 11:28 AM
In reality, no ref ever makes those calls at the end of games - not Joey Crawford, not anyone.
So why did Manu get called for a foul on Dirk in the 2006 playoffs AT THE END OF THE GAME??

NoMoneyDown
05-29-2008, 11:29 AM
Actually, I heard on one of the AM sports shows that the "non-call" has benefited the Spurs in another way: on-the-fence type of NBA fans are now becoming Spurs fans, because they see the "non-call" as a gross injustice to the sport.

Los Spurs
05-29-2008, 11:29 AM

FYI:

We have enough open threads from Laker Trolls. Feel free to look around first before posting any more BS!

VinnyTestesVerde
05-29-2008, 11:42 AM
So why did Manu get called for a foul on Dirk in the 2006 playoffs AT THE END OF THE GAME??

"well...uhh..that was different. Uh...yeah." (mysterious silence from Laker and Mav fans alike...)

Robinzine
05-29-2008, 11:50 AM
Oh wow, you got me - ONE stinking call out of THOUSANDS that are never made. Get a grip Spurms fans.

VinnyTestesVerde
05-29-2008, 11:52 AM
Oh wow, you got me - ONE stinking call out of THOUSANDS that are never made. Get a grip Spurms fans.

Ah naturally. Somehow this foul has been deemed less legit. On what basis? Oh that's right...none. :lol

brettn
05-29-2008, 11:54 AM
Ah naturally. Somehow this foul has been deemed less legit. On what basis? Oh that's right...none. :lol

On the basis that it was the Lakers that committed the foul, duh :rolleyes

VinnyTestesVerde
05-29-2008, 11:58 AM
On the basis that it was the Lakers that committed the foul, duh :rolleyes

:lol ah yes, how short-sighted of me.