PDA

View Full Version : Will the NBA Make It Up to the Spurs?

Ghost Writer
05-29-2008, 12:26 PM
Now that the League has apologized, can we expect the Spurs to get every call from here on in?

Wishful thinking.

DarrinS
05-29-2008, 12:27 PM
No. In fact, I think after Phil's bitching, Kobe will be on the line all night long.

honestfool84
05-29-2008, 12:29 PM
that is what i was thinking, that the spurs would get A LOT of calls, to make a game six - and then game six is anybody's game, along with game seven..

MoSpur
05-29-2008, 12:29 PM
No. It would be too obvious. I agree with Darrin. Kobe will go to the line 10+ times.

T Park
05-29-2008, 12:30 PM
Javie is reffing tonight, so the NBA has done that. We shall see if the Spurs do their end.

Fake Dynasty
05-29-2008, 12:30 PM
Phil Jackson is smart. And it's a no brainer that if Kobe's gotten 6 free throws in 4 games despite 90 shots (many of them drives), then you as a coach better speak the fuck up and get some calls. Kobe should be very, very aggressive tonight to offset the bullshit sympathy these refs will carry into the game for the Spurs.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-29-2008, 12:31 PM
Javie is reffing tonight, so the NBA has done that. We shall see if the Spurs do their end.

My words.

ChumpDumper
05-29-2008, 12:31 PM
We'll get something.

http://images.cafepress.com/product/119739237v6_150x150_Front.jpg

lefty
05-29-2008, 12:32 PM
No way.

The NBA wants to see the Celtics destroy the Lakers in the Finals

Ghost Writer
05-29-2008, 12:36 PM
I don't think Javie is enough unless you are implying that Javie will call the game in the Spurs' favor.

The thing that stuns me is how both the 0.4 and the Barry non-call happened on our home floor.

It would be more understandable if the Lakers bias happened in LA, but to be victimized in your own house is adding insult to injury.

urunobili
05-29-2008, 12:37 PM
i hope so

Mr. Body
05-29-2008, 12:43 PM
If anything, they'll just eek out another game from the series for the dough. That's it. Stern may be feeling his chubby oats since this is likely the end of the Spurs' contention.

loveforthegame
05-29-2008, 12:48 PM
I don't think so. If anything the refs will really favor the Lakers tonight.

Stern wants the Lakers rested up for the finals.

spurs4life0007
05-29-2008, 12:50 PM
i hope spurs get all the fouls, but that dont matter, we got all the calls in game 4 and still LOST!!!!

2Cleva
05-29-2008, 12:51 PM
No, the Lakers want the Lakers rested up for the Finals. That's why they are cutting series short when longer series make more money.

LA is going to be fired up. Unless God Almighty is suiting up for the Spurs, this game won't be close.

Mr. Body
05-29-2008, 12:55 PM
We need to figure out a smart-ass nickname for the Lakers that incorporates Stern's name. Much like the (obviously stupid) 'Sterns' instead of the Spurs.

Stern has a permanent stiffy this year. He gets Celtics, Lakers, the Bulls get the #1 pick, nobody seems perturbed an under-the-table deal was made to revive Los Angeles, and the Spurs look like their era is shortly over. I wonder if he walks around with his hand down his pants.

ThriveForFive
05-29-2008, 12:56 PM
I was thinking about this earlier, and I think the refs might actually favor the Lakers tonight. Not intentionally, but they'll be trying to make sure that they aren't favoring the Spurs because that's what people will be expecting. I do think it'll be a tightly called game and I definitely expect Kobe to go to the line quite a bit tonight. We still got it.

Mr. Body
05-29-2008, 01:09 PM
I was thinking about this earlier, and I think the refs might actually favor the Lakers tonight. Not intentionally, but they'll be trying to make sure that they aren't favoring the Spurs because that's what people will be expecting. I do think it'll be a tightly called game and I definitely expect Kobe to go to the line quite a bit tonight. We still got it.

Yep. Spot on. With greater scrutiny the league cannot afford 'favoritism'.

1Parker1
05-29-2008, 01:29 PM
Unless God Almighty is suiting up for the Spurs, this game won't be close.

Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, and Bowen are suiting up for the Spurs. Close enough.

BlackSwordsMan
05-29-2008, 01:33 PM
A charity donation to the carver center

gmartin02
05-29-2008, 01:44 PM
LA is going to be fired up. Unless God Almighty is suiting up for the Spurs, this game won't be close.Don't be so sure about that - I expect the Spurs to come out firing - they got a great team (which is why they are still in the playoffs) and have already won a series on the road. I still think the Lakers will win, but don't underestimate the Spurs.

MadDog73
05-29-2008, 01:47 PM
They owe us one.

That said, the Spurs need to show up and make their shots!

degenerate_gambler
05-29-2008, 01:48 PM

Yep..

And even 3 Javie's won't help if SA still can't throw it in the ocean for the umpteenth time this year..

NoMoneyDown
05-29-2008, 01:54 PM

I just hope this doesn't turn into a 50 FT per team contest.

I do agree with others here that Kobe will be going to the line a LOT more tonight.

Texas_Ranger
05-29-2008, 01:59 PM
I'm not that kind of a person, that would like to see our team win because the refs did a mistake last game.... But fuck that. We need to win this one, so yes, let the refs be on Spurs side this time.

LakerLanny
05-29-2008, 01:59 PM
Now that the League has apologized, can we expect the Spurs to get every call from here on in?

You mean like last game?

How many more calls do you want? They did everything but have the refs actually score the ball during the game for you guys.

Ghost Writer
05-29-2008, 04:54 PM
You mean like last game?

How many more calls do you want? They did everything but have the refs actually score the ball during the game for you guys.

The Spurs didn't do themselves any favors, but terrible calls late lead to them losing both Games 1 and 4.

T Park
05-29-2008, 04:57 PM
The Spurs didn't do themselves any favors, but terrible calls late lead to them losing both Games 1 and 4.

I wouldn't say it "lead" them to losing, but it compounded on the problem of their bad play and fatigue.

trjons
05-29-2008, 05:03 PM
Wasn't the call on Fisher's shot which grazed the rim already the makeup?

DarrinS
05-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Wasn't the call on Fisher's shot which grazed the rim already the makeup?

Everyone swears that his shot hit the rim, but on my 60 HD TV, I don't see it. Must be a bad angle.

Regardless, it is understandable why they missed that call.

Why don't they install some damn sensor behind the rim already?

Robinzine
05-29-2008, 05:20 PM

Wishful thinking.

Whiny bitches - the league doesn't owe you shjt! "Wah wah wah, you better give us our makeup calls or we're writing letters to our representatives."

Hell, didn't most of the calls go your way in game 4?:rollin

trjons
05-29-2008, 05:21 PM
Everyone swears that his shot hit the rim, but on my 60 HD TV, I don't see it. Must be a bad angle.

Regardless, it is understandable why they missed that call.

Why don't they install some damn sensor behind the rim already?

The point is, if it hit the rim, you already got your makeup.

Ghost Writer
05-29-2008, 05:33 PM
I wouldn't say it "lead" them to losing, but it compounded on the problem of their bad play and fatigue.

I don't care what happens during the course of the game.

All that matters is if an official decides a team's fate at the end.

And the officials made calls to prevent the Spurs from winning in the closing moments of both Games 1 & 4.

IllegalAmigo
05-29-2008, 05:43 PM
How many threads do you cry babies need to whine about the refs?

I'm guessing at least twenty more.

psykrk
05-29-2008, 05:45 PM
Do U Delusional Spurs Fans Not Realize That Barry Travelled Before The Foul

Fiestadog
05-29-2008, 07:29 PM
Don't be surprised if the League doesn't have Barry at the line for two at the beginning of this game. Don't laugh, it's been done before. We play the OT before the game and the winner takes all. The NBA did this once before back in 1982 and guess who it was...SA-vs-LAL. Just for trivias sake the Spurs won "both" games.

Anti.Hero
05-29-2008, 07:31 PM
LMFAO! It's the Spurs. The country doesn't give a shit about us. Once the Lakers win this series, everyone will forget about this and never mention it again.

Stern knows this.

Budkin
05-29-2008, 07:39 PM
LMFAO! It's the Spurs. The country doesn't give a shit about us. Once the Lakers win this series, everyone will forget about this and never mention it again.

Stern knows this.

You aren't a fucking Spurs fan, troll. Do you think you're fooling anyone? Go back to Lakerland.

ballhog
05-29-2008, 07:44 PM
Over/Under on Kobe to line tonight.......15

Zero Point Four
05-29-2008, 07:58 PM
How many threads do you cry babies need to whine about the refs?

I'm guessing at least twenty more.

What's the over/under on crybaby posts after tonight's game?