PDA

View Full Version : If The Spurs Win This Game . . .

timvp
05-29-2008, 03:50 PM
If the Spurs win this game, I'll consider the 2007-08 season a success. I'll be damn proud of this team no matter the ultimate ending. Just get this one victory to prove once and for all that this squad has amazing heart.

I don't believe in playoff excuses but it's undeniable that the Spurs have been unlucky this season. The Spurs haven't had Parker and Ginobili healthy at the same time since November. In the playoffs, the Spurs have had countless unfortunate circumstances. From grounded planes to momentum stealing hoops of fire to rushed schedules to NBA apologies, the proverbial ball just hasn't bounced right his year. But oh well, that's the NBA. Obstacles are part of the game.

Stave off elimination one more time and then I'm good. I'm still confident, perhaps irrationally so, that this journey includes seven more wins but I think Game 5 is the final true test for this team. Anything and everything after that is gravy.

Thank you, Spurs, for your continued dedication to winning. :tu

http://www.nydailynews.com/img/2007/06/13/amd_barryginobili_sub.jpg

Believe.

T Park
05-29-2008, 03:53 PM
Yeah, after the game 7 win in New Orleans, I considered the season a success. Before the Splitter news, my attitude was, if we don't win, big deal, alot of great things can happen this summer to reload for next year and I was looking forward to next year quite a bit.

If the Spurs win tonight, I think it goes 7 IMO. If they do that, then damn how could you complain?

MadDog73
05-29-2008, 03:56 PM
I was just thinking about this...

If the Spurs lose tonight, then no hard feeling on the No Call. Spurs deserved to lose the series (I hate to say that, but a no show tonight would confirm it).

If the Spurs win tonight, and lose at Home on Saturday... that would be worse. Get our hope up, just to dash them against the rocks?

If the Spurs win two in a row, then lose Game 7: Wow. Then you REALLY start questioning the foul. That changes the whole series!

So, short of winning 3 in a row, I'm not sure how I'll feel.

peacemaker885
05-29-2008, 03:57 PM
I agree. And if by some stroke of luck we win this series, we have frickin Boston or the Pistons. Whatever the outcome, hats of to the SPURS....:lobt2:

1Parker1
05-29-2008, 03:58 PM
:tu Nice post. As an aside, I'm not thanking all the Spurs for their continued dedication to winning, instead I'd like to thank Pop and coaching staff, Tim Duncan, Bruce Bowen, Manu Ginobili, Tony Parker and Brent Barry for playing their hearts out almost every time they've been on court this postseason. Those are the only Spurs players I've seen do that consistently this postseason. And for that I am proud to be a Spurs fan.

urunobili
05-29-2008, 03:59 PM
damn i LOVE this thread! ONE GAME GUYS! 1!!!!

T Park
:tu Nice post. As an aside, I'm not thanking all the Spurs for their continued dedication to winning, instead I'd like to thank Pop and coaching staff, Tim Duncan, Bruce Bowen, Manu Ginobili, Tony Parker and Brent Barry for playing their hearts out almost every time they've been on court this postseason. Those are the only Spurs players I've seen do that consistently this postseason. And for that I am proud to be a Spurs fan.

You don't think every player has played their hearts out?

Wow...

duncan228
I consider myself a lucky, spoiled Spurs fan.
I've watched them win 4 Titles.
I've watched them win the right way, play the game as a team.
I've watched Tim Duncan.
I can't ask for anything more than they've already given me.
It's an honor to be a Spurs fan.

pooh
05-29-2008, 04:00 PM
what ever happened to a championship or the season is a failure? should they win tonight are they merely playing for pride instead?

Emanuel20
05-29-2008, 04:00 PM
If the Spurs win this game

I will be the happiest human being in the world!
:flag:

Say-Townbball
05-29-2008, 04:01 PM
Agreed.

The Spurs have come a LONG LONG way in a tough Western Conference for an "old" and "dirty" team.

IF the Spurs win tonight, I agree 6 and 7 should be gravy...

it's a bit harder to think positive when you take the approach of "3 games in a row" rather than one game at a time. I don't know how many times I've preached that to the bootleg fans here at work....

Brutalis
05-29-2008, 04:03 PM
Yeah yeah yeah that's all good and all but anything sort of a title is failure.

Again happy for all we have accomplished, or this team anyways. That's great.

But not repeating equals failure, a failed season and another big disappointment.

That's how it is in the NBA. Oh well.

spurschick
:toast

MoSpur
I'm want it all. Let's get this one S.A

Say-Townbball
05-29-2008, 04:04 PM
what ever happened to a championship or the season is a failure? should they win tonight are they merely playing for pride instead?

You gotta understand us Spurs' fans are spoiled. We're just used to them knocking out teams in the leagues until the end. Yeah, a back to back championship would be flippin' awesome, but considering the road the Spurs have gone through this season and through the playoffs, they have done a damn good job.

timvp
05-29-2008, 04:04 PM
:tu Nice post. As an aside, I'm not thanking all the Spurs for their continued dedication to winning, instead I'd like to thank Pop and coaching staff, Tim Duncan, Bruce Bowen, Manu Ginobili, Tony Parker and Brent Barry for playing their hearts out almost every time they've been on court this postseason. Those are the only Spurs players I've seen do that consistently this postseason. And for that I am proud to be a Spurs fan.Which players haven't tried as hard as possible? If a player gets old, that doesn't mean they stopped trying.

Someone like Finley just lost all of his athleticism. He cares about winning as much as anyone on the team. After losses, no one is as pissed as him. He'd love to turn back the clock to help the Spurs win but sometimes the clock catches up to you.

SuperDave
05-29-2008, 04:05 PM
The bottom line is that this team is gassed. They're running on empty and have been this whole series. It's not an excuse, because it's partly their own fault, but it is reality.

Give this team a day off prior to this series, or at least a decent night's sleep, and they win game 1. Give 'em an extra day off sometime during the series, and they win game 4. This is a damn good team, and championship worthy, but they don't have anything left in the tank. That's the breaks, you gotta play the schedule before you.

If they can win this game, it'd be all heart. I don't know if they're physically capable of willing themselves to a W, but if they do, how can you not respect the heck outta that?

Spurs Brazil
05-29-2008, 04:05 PM
I consider myself a lucky, spoiled Spurs fan.
I've watched them win 4 Titles.
I've watched them win the right way, play the game as a team.
I've watched Tim Duncan.
I can't ask for anything more than they've already given me.
It's an honor to be a Spurs fan.

:clap:clap:clap

:flag::flag::flag::flag::lobt:

SenorSpur
05-29-2008, 04:07 PM
Yeah, after the game 7 win in New Orleans, I considered the season a success. Before the Splitter news, my attitude was, if we don't win, big deal, alot of great things can happen this summer to reload for next year and I was looking forward to next year quite a bit.

If the Spurs win tonight, I think it goes 7 IMO. If they do that, then damn how could you complain?

Can't disagree with any of these points.

We've all seen this team struggle mightily through injuries, poor play, mishaps and such, which have all carried through from the regular season and into the playoffs. Because of their droughts of poor play and the increased level of competition in the West, I knew the playoffs would as challenging as ever.

After getting absolutely torched in 3 losses in New Orleans, I never thought the Spurs would survive that series. Following the Game 7 win over the Hornets on the road, I hailed the season a success too. Simply because they'd NEVER come back from an 0-2 deficit to win a series in their history.

Of course, now that the conference finals are underway, I've gotten greedy. I always assumed a Spurs/Fakers series would go 7 games. I never thought the Spurs would be down 3-1. If the Spurs somehow win tonight, I'm confident they'll be a 7th game. From there, anything can happen.

1Parker1

What exactly would you know about rooting for a team playing for pride?

timvp
The bottom line is that this team is gassed. They're running on empty and have been this whole series. It's not an excuse, because it's partly their own fault, but it is reality.

Give this team a day off prior to this series, or at least a decent night's sleep, and they win game 1. Give 'em an extra day off sometime during the series, and they win game 4. This is a damn good team, and championship worthy, but they don't have anything left in the tank. That's the breaks, you gotta play the schedule before you.

If they can win this game, it'd be all heart. I don't know if they're physically capable of willing themselves to a W, but if they do, how can you not respect the heck outta that?Well said.

T Park
Which players haven't tried as hard as possible? If a player gets old, that doesn't mean they stopped trying.

Someone like Finley just lost all of his athleticism. He cares about winning as much as anyone on the team. After losses, no one is as pissed as him. He'd love to turn back the clock to help the Spurs win but sometimes the clock catches up to you.

Yeah those 47 minute a night games with the Mavericks finally caught up to him. Just be happy it didn't last year in the playoffs when he gave it his all and helped them win number 4! :toast :)

degenerate_gambler
05-29-2008, 04:10 PM
You don't think every player has played their hearts out?

Wow...

I dont quite get that one either.

Udoka, lost as he's looked at times, has been a pleasant surprise for me this year. Horry just never was able to gain any traction and find a rhythm and as a result of that, he's a shell of what he's been for us in the past offensively speaking. Finley...well I don't doubt his heart for a second, but some guys calcify over time and some do it overnight.

But whatever they've had, I think collectively, they've given all they could.

AztecPrincss
05-29-2008, 04:11 PM
Spurs Make them cry again !!! Please... XD
Or at least shit in their shorts ..

HAHAh im joking watever happens happens! Good Luck One game baby One Game thats all we spurs fans need..Then the rest is history!Ima be praying with the nuns tonight.!Cheers!

T Park
05-29-2008, 04:11 PM
Can't disagree with any of these points.

We've all seen this team struggle mightily through injuries, poor play, mishaps and such, which have all carried through from the regular season and into the playoffs. Because of their droughts of poor play and the increased level of competition in the West, I knew the playoffs would as challenging as ever.

After getting absolutely torched in 3 losses in New Orleans, I never thought the Spurs would survive that series. Following the Game 7 win over the Hornet

s on the road, I hailed the season a success too. Simply because they'd NEVER come back from an 0-2 deficit to win a series in their history.

Of course, now that the conference finals are underway, I've gotten greedy. I always assumed a Spurs/Fakers series would go 7 games. I never thought the Spurs would be down 3-1. If the Spurs somehow win tonight, I'm confident they'll be a 7th game. From there, anything can happen.

Yeah before the series started a buddy of mine asked if they could win the series. I said sure, but I didn't think it would happen because they were gassed and held on in the game 7 4th quarter. Thats the only reason that game got so close. That was AFTER 3 days off!! The season of injuries, struggles, and takeing a lazy attitude to some games against bad teams like Seattle and Memphis caught up to em. They win those games, cut the series against New Orleans to 5 who the hell knows what happens.

Its a season of what iffs again, but theres one thing you can't say, and that this team loaffed or packed it in. As a fan, thats all you can ask. Proud of the team, proud as hell out of these guys. Hopefully Ginobili doesn't play this summer, but, theres nothing you can do about it.

T Park
05-29-2008, 04:13 PM
I dont quite get that one either.

Udoka, lost as he's looked at times, has been a pleasant surprise for me this year. Horry just never was able to gain any traction and find a rhythm and as a result of that, he's a shell of what he's been for us in the past offensively speaking. Finley...well I don't doubt his heart for a second, but some guys calcify over time and some do it overnight.

But whatever they've had, I think collectively, they've given all they could.

Yeah Udoka was a pretty good sized dissapointment for me, although his effort to win that Hornet's series makes you take pause. Horry, you just wonder if Horry could've played a full season if that could've given him the said traction for a good post season. Yeah I held out hope for Fin, and while he was great against Phoenix, and was good at times vs New Orleans. His legs are just gone. Fin is a winner, hes a gamer, and no one can question his heart. I'm just happy when he retires, he has a ring to go with it. The Fin era in San Antonio should go down as a positive one.

Spurminator
05-29-2008, 04:14 PM
I can't go as far as to say it's a success, but you have to be proud of the way the Spurs have never backed down. The game 1 win, the WCSF wins facing elimination... hell, even somehow getting a last second opportunity after being down 7 with a minute to go is something to be proud of.

But you know what? If we win Game 5, I have a really REALLY good feeling about the series. So I won't be doing a lot of reminiscing on the season we've had if we force a game 6.

Kori Ellis
05-29-2008, 04:15 PM
I am already happy with the Spurs season.

I wasn't sold on this Spurs team this year. They play erratic all season long. Their offense was stagnant. Their defense was sketchy at best. They never really seemed like a Spurs championship team.

Then, something funny happened ....

The playoffs began.

The Spurs took out Steve Nash, big bad Shaq and the rest of the Suns. All of a sudden I thought it was all clicking and I had hope. But cautious hope. I was fully aware of how good the Hornets are. I think CP3 is amazing (though a nag who dead ball flops and pushes off in excess). And I think David West is a Spurs nightmare mismatch. After a bad start, the series went 7 and the Spurs dug deep, pulled together and defined team once again.

So here we are. The Lakers series. Our boys have been tired and frustrated. And sure, some things haven't gone their way all the time. And other times they have just been flat out beaten. But I don't think they are done.

I have learned in these playoffs not to doubt the Spurs. Not to doubt Parker can blow by people and take hits from guys double his size. Not to doubt that Bowen can somehow come in night after night with fresh legs. No matter who he is chasing and what year is on his birth certificate. Not to doubt that Manu has one more Super Manu game or Super Manu quarter or Super Manu 3 minutes left in him. Jammed ankle, freakin funk, or Vujacic defense be damned, he's Manu Fucking Ginobili. You don't doubt Manu has something left in the tank.

And for God sakes, don't doubt Tim Duncan. The quiet superstar who has shown us he can nail a 3 when it matters, turn over the temporary reigns to his teammates when need be, and then put up 20/20 when you need him most.

Then there's Pop. No matter if he makes a mistake, he has an uncanny ability to get every cog in the machine on the same page. He motivates and appreciates. And top to bottom, every guy on our roster wouldn't want to play for anyone else.

No matter what happens tonight or in Game 6 or 7, I still appreciate this team and everything they have done.

But I honestly don't think it's over.

Spurs got this.

Brutalis
05-29-2008, 04:16 PM
Why are we suddenly down with morale victories?

T Park
05-29-2008, 04:16 PM
I can't go as far as to say it's a success, but you have to be proud of the way the Spurs have never backed down. The game 1 win, the WCSF wins facing elimination... hell, even somehow getting a last second opportunity after being down 7 with a minute to go is something to be proud of.

But you know what? If we win Game 5, I have a really REALLY good feeling about the series. So I won't be doing a lot of reminiscing on the season we've had if we force a game 6.

I agree 100%, if they win the game tonight, this series just took a huge turn, who knows. You get game 6, and the Lakers you think, would start to question things, and the fatigue factor would start to creep in on them as well.

miss paxton
05-29-2008, 04:17 PM
Considering how depressed I felt about the playoffs as recently as the April home loss against the Suns, I'm quite amazed this team as done as well as they have. I think their heart has been tremendous. I don't question their desire to win at all, and if they lose tonight--or whenever they lose next--it won't be because they didn't try. Naturally, I would prefer they win the series and advance, but if they don't they've still given me an enjoyable playoffs run.

T Park
05-29-2008, 04:17 PM
Why are we suddenly down with morale victories?

Why are you suddenly such a whiny bag?

BigVee
05-29-2008, 04:18 PM
I follow the Spurs because they are a team I admire and am always proud of. Win or lose tonight, they epitomize success for me because along with their abundance of talent I love their unselfishness, their conduct on and off the court, and how hard they try. I too believe that every player is doing their utmost to win. I also believe that time has passed some by, but regardless I know that if they fall tonight it will not be because of lack of effort.

xtremesteven33
05-29-2008, 04:19 PM
i personally believe in odd, wierd omens. when i heard that new theme song for the West Finals on TNT i got chills thinking this could be the Spurs theme for this year if they repeat. (excuse expletives)

"Together we made it
We made it even though we had our backs up against the wall

See it niggas I survived the worst but my life is glorious
But I know that I live to be hurdled and I'm so victorious
Take a look I'm a symbol of greatness now call a nigga Morpheus
As force accumalted the wind and but a believe I'm so notorious
You know I've been buying my bread even though we rapping now (yes)
And now when you look on my trip and you a nigga higher level tramping now
And you see that everyone on my middle struggles and
For your ass is never been an option
A nigga paper long like we was on the trap and I'm about to take the hood choppin
Get it!

Together we made it (you see we did it niggas)
We made it even though we had our backs up against the wall (c'mon)
Forever we waited (haha!)
And they told us we were never going to get it
But we took it on the road (to the riches)
On the road (to the ghetto)
On the road (and the projects to this banging instrumental)
On the road (ride with me) {yeah, yeah}
On the road (you come and get it) {yeah, yeah}
On the road {yeah, yeah, yeah, yo! }

When it all got started we was steadily just getting rejected
And it seemed like nothing we could do would ever get us respected
At best we was stressed and the worst they probably said was we were pathetic
Had all the pieces to that puzzle just a way to get connected
And I was fighting through every ryhme tighting up every line
Never resting the question and I was out of my mind
And it finally came time to do it or let it die
So put the chips on the table and told me to let it ride
Sing it! Ya!

But we took it on the road (to the riches)
On the road (to the ghetto)
On the road (and the projects to this banging instrumental)
On the road (ride with me)
On the road (you come and get it)
On the road (ya, ya, ya)

Look in case you mis-understanded exactly what I'm building
The shit that I could leave for my children's (children's) children's (children)
Now I only wake up I smile to see how far I've come
Fighting for sales on a strip to get hustle from
From nights in jail on a bench using my muscles son
To count money like Dre, and Jimmy and Russell Ones (ya nigga)
But now I live when I dream you see me finally getting it (oh!)
Let's make a toast to the hustle regardless how we get it

But we took it on the road (to the riches)"

to21
05-29-2008, 04:21 PM
Hell Cleveland won four in a row last year in the East finals to get to the big show.

Surely, we can win three in a row. It's going to be tough, that Lakers team is good.

sarax1975
05-29-2008, 04:22 PM
Regardless of the outcome, this team is compiled of true champions. No haters, no finger pointers, no excuses... they take ownership, they deal with it, and they move on with pride, honor and civility.
That's why they are champions-- because they love this game as much as we do!

I will always BELIEVE

Brutalis
05-29-2008, 04:22 PM
Why are you suddenly such a whiny bag?

A what?

Anyways.

I just get the vibe today that some people are looking and already set on a morale victory win or lose tonight. That is a fair statement considering the bi-polar nature of this forum.
I'm just only going to heed for now and take my warnings. Despite my displeasure with the outcome of our games as of late I am not sold that we are finished anymore till we lose a 4th.

Solid D
05-29-2008, 04:25 PM
This year's Dallas Stars did it against Detroit. They were totally wiped out physically, mentally and emotionally after that series with San Jose that ended with a 4 OT marathon win.

The Stars were down 3-1 (actually 3-0) and came back to Detroit and won a gritty game there to make it 3-2. The talent of the Red Wings was too great of a weight for the Stars to hold off any longer but the Stars showed tremendous heart.

It would be great to see if the Spurs can run down loose balls, demand rebounds, move the ball, and get 1 there.

hombrefeo
05-29-2008, 04:26 PM
agreed, a win tonite would be amazing

T Park
05-29-2008, 04:27 PM
This year's Dallas Stars did it against Detroit. They were totally wiped out physically, mentally and emotionally after that series with San Jose that ended with a 4 OT marathon win.

The Stars were down 3-1 (actually 3-0) and came back to Detroit and won a gritty game there to make it 3-2. The talent of the Red Wings was too great of a weight for the Stars to hold off any longer but the Stars showed tremendous heart.

It would be great to see if the Spurs can run down loose balls, demand rebounds, move the ball, and get 1 there.

Yeah its going exactly like that series.

The Stars dropped a couple tough games in detroit, won a dman good game in game 3, dropped a DAMN tough game in game 4, came back with a shocker in 5, and damn near won game 6.

Unlike that though, if the Spurs won tonight, its going 7, and then who knows.

timvp
05-29-2008, 04:30 PM
But you know what? If we win Game 5, I have a really REALLY good feeling about the seriesAgreed. The game tonight is the most difficult game the Spurs will play this season. Down 1-3 against a confident Laker team going home and ready to run the Spurs out of the building ... not to mention Phil Jackson scheming on the sidelines.

If the Spurs win this one, it's downhill from here on out. Game 5 is the peak of the mountain. Win it and then everything is set up rather nicely.

rAm
05-29-2008, 04:31 PM
I <3 this thread. Well said Super Dave, TimVP, and Kori!

midgetonadonkey
05-29-2008, 04:31 PM
I'm praying for 3 more Spurs victories and send my pouting, crybaby ass on a year long spurstalk vacation.

T Park
05-29-2008, 04:33 PM
Agreed. The game tonight is the most difficult game the Spurs will play this season. Down 1-3 against a confident Laker team going home and ready to run the Spurs out of the building ... not to mention Phil Jackson scheming on the sidelines.

If the Spurs win this one, it's downhill from here on out. Game 5 is the peak of the mountain. Win it and then everything is set up rather nicely.

Yeah, a star attention whore like Kobe and Phil, on the cusp of getting all the attention, and all the love that comes with winning the west, is a huge hurdle.

Brutalis
05-29-2008, 04:40 PM
Agreed. The game tonight is the most difficult game the Spurs will play this season. Down 1-3 against a confident Laker team going home and ready to run the Spurs out of the building ... not to mention Phil Jackson scheming on the sidelines.

Actually I disagree with that respectively.

Tonights game should be the most prime for picking up a win I think.

-Javie on the road
-Player Mentality: Spurs played a hell of a lot better facing elimination the last round and personally I just don't think after Tuesday's loss they are ready to concede that the Lakers are better.

Of course I can be totally wrong but, with the circumstances at hand, this is a game 5, not a game 6 or 7 today so San Antonio should be feeling a killer instinct right about now.

Ronaldo McDonald
05-29-2008, 04:42 PM
This team has incredible haeart regardless of whether or not they win this series. They shouldn't be here. They have overachieved. The Suns were playing much better than the Spurs heading into the post-season, and they should have lost to them. The number 2 seeded Hornets should have won as well. The Lakers are without question the better team than the Spurs, and had it not been for some the things leading up to game 1 - the very, very, very, very bad scheduling and the plane not working - and what happened yesterday with the bad call, then we'd be up in this series 3-1.

Some of the things that are out of our control have unarguably helped put us in this plight.

But, it's not over.

T Park
05-29-2008, 04:45 PM
Very true Ronaldo, just being in the west finals, according to the "experts" and their picks, it should be a damn shocking development.
Hell, they shouldn't have made it out of the first round vs Phoenix according to those slapnuts..

Deimosfobos
05-29-2008, 04:47 PM
Love the team, no matter the final score.

And I love Manu, even tho he played like crap on 3 games and may end up costing us the series...

Ghost Writer
05-29-2008, 04:48 PM
If the Spurs win this game, I'll consider the 2007-08 season a success. I'll be damn proud of this team no matter the ultimate ending. Just get this one victory to prove once and for all that this squad has amazing heart.

I don't believe in playoff excuses but it's undeniable that the Spurs have been unlucky this season. The Spurs haven't had Parker and Ginobili healthy at the same time since November. In the playoffs, the Spurs have had countless unfortunate circumstances. From grounded planes to momentum stealing hoops of fire to rushed schedules to NBA apologies, the proverbial ball just hasn't bounced right his year. But oh well, that's the NBA. Obstacles are part of the game.

Stave off elimination one more time and then I'm good. I'm still confident, perhaps irrationally so, that this journey includes seven more wins but I think Game 5 is the final true test for this team. Anything and everything after that is gravy.

Believe.
Sounds like you're okay with bowing out before the Finals.

I'm not.

And you're better than that.

Who knows what can happen with a little rest and an "us against the world" mentality"?

This is a prideful, veteran team that has staved off elimination and also won titles together.

I truly believe that the Spurs are a better team than the Lakers.

The defense is there.

Hopefully, they have their legs back to get a few loose balls and some more lift on the jumpers.

You may be resigned to defeat, but I sure hope the Spurs are not!

T Park
05-29-2008, 04:49 PM
What time for "rest"

They've had 1 day.

There has been no time for rest.

ElNono
05-29-2008, 04:50 PM
After going past NO, I thought anything more is just gravy.
And no, it's not that I'm satisfied, its just that I felt we wouldn't get this far with our bench production throughout the year.
Being in the top 4 in an even year is definitely a success.

Now, let try to ruin the Laker's party!

Ghost Writer
05-29-2008, 04:58 PM
They didn't practice or shoot around today, T Park.

That's something.

I can't believe how many of you have quit on this team!

gilmor
05-29-2008, 04:59 PM
FUCK MAN.. let's win this..

If I post, they will WIN!!

jcrod
05-29-2008, 05:00 PM
I wouldn't consider it a success, far from it. But I would be proud, they look so damn tired. Damn I hate them losing to PJ.

Brutalis
05-29-2008, 05:01 PM
(random post) what's sad is that vaginaitch 4 point play was the difference. or turiaf not hitting that long jumper would be OT. funny how one possession means everything even in the first minute of the game.

crc21209
05-29-2008, 05:06 PM
BELIEVE.

http://www.rdstore.com/sitemedia/product/largeimages/13004am.jpg

http://images.allposters.com/images/153/aafr016.jpg

http://sanantoniosportstravel.com/images/spurs%20champs.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1036/558853472_a9998c3956.jpg

We're not done yet, not like this, not without a fight, Spurs In 7. Believe.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-29-2008, 05:10 PM
OMG Kori has the bravatars on! It's game time!!

After all the bad shit they have gone thru for sure we need to feel great about the season.

Budkin
05-29-2008, 05:10 PM
I already consider it a success after winning a game 7 on the road against a very tough team. I love this team and greatly appreciate all the joy they have given me over the years and will continue to give me in the years to come. GO SPURS GO!

timaios
05-29-2008, 05:20 PM
One game... for pride !

:toast

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Sigz
05-29-2008, 05:23 PM
"The Last Stand".... just like at the Alamo.

Lets get it done boys.

jcrod
05-29-2008, 05:28 PM
"The Last Stand".... just like at the Alamo.

Lets get it done boys.

They lost, so i hope its not like the Alamo.

admiralfats
05-29-2008, 05:30 PM
let's replay 2006, but do it right this time.

rAm
05-29-2008, 05:31 PM
They didn't practice or shoot around today, T Park.

That's something.

I can't believe how many of you have quit on this team!

Actually, being down 1-3 I am pretty impressed with the support for them. Everyone is allowed to have their doubts.

Sigz
05-29-2008, 05:33 PM
They lost, so i hope its not like the Alamo.

You know what I mean...

kev
05-29-2008, 06:48 PM
"Jammed ankle, freakin funk, or Vujacic defense be damned, he's Manu Fucking Ginobili. You don't doubt Manu has something left in the tank."

Bank on it.

Russ
05-29-2008, 06:49 PM
I see no rational (non-faith-based) reason that the Spurs can win this game tonight. Hopefully, this will be just as bad as most of my predictions. :flag:

Hook Dem
05-29-2008, 07:06 PM

Why don't you just shut the fuck up loser!!!!!!

Avitus1
05-29-2008, 07:12 PM
I want the Spurs to win. I want them to stave off Elimination but even if they dont it's been a hell of a year even with the ups and downs and I'm proud to call myself a Spurs fan for life.

GrandeDavid
05-29-2008, 07:15 PM
Go Spurs! Win this bitch for us fans.

Bandwagon Fan
05-29-2008, 07:16 PM
Lowered expectations. First signs of a falling dynasty.

1Parker1
05-29-2008, 07:20 PM
People say the Pistons vs Celtics series has been close and both teams are closely matched, etc. Well, that series currently stands at 3-2.

I just realized, if the Spurs happen to win tonight, this same series that was assumed dead and completely lopsided towards the atheltic, younger Lakers team would also be at 3-2.

Timvp was right about one thing he's been preaching all season; This Spurs team more than any other Spurs team of the past have raised their game level when their backs are against the walls...you saw evidence of this when they were down 7 in Game 4 with just 2 minutes to go and somehow Ginobili make a 3, Parker pushed the ball and got a layup and the Spurs got within 2 points and a chance to steal a game they had no business winning.

Well, tonight their backs are on the wall. Even if they lose, I expect an all out war and fight which is all you can ask for as a fan.

Marcus Bryant
05-29-2008, 07:35 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_tim_duncan.jpghttp://www.nba.com/media/act_emanuel_ginobili.jpghttp://www.nba.com/media/act_tony_parker.jpg

We got this.

spurs1990
05-29-2008, 08:43 PM

Believe.

Completely disagree. When you're the reigning champs, you do not consider a run to the conference finals a successful ending. This roster was kept virtually unchanged going into the season, and worse yet the players were all too old to hold up long enough to contribute in May, like we're seeing now.

Now hopefully, they win tonight, and continue to do so, and make this thread moot....hopefully.

nkdlunch
05-29-2008, 08:44 PM
If they win this game and they give a good fight in game 6. I will be damn proud of them boys

manufor3
05-29-2008, 08:46 PM
:tu

Duncan
05-29-2008, 08:48 PM
Didn't this Timvp person dive off the Spurs wagon twice this month already

tlongII
05-29-2008, 08:51 PM
I hope the Spurs win tonight. IMO, this Lakers team just is not that good, they've just been hot. San Antonio is the better team.

SpursWoman
05-29-2008, 08:53 PM
Didn't this Timvp person dive off the Spurs wagon twice this month already

Not hardly.

One damn game. :makemyday

SpurAddict561
05-29-2008, 09:27 PM
Tonight is the night man

if we can pull this off, the young players of the Lakers are in for a rude awakening

I'd be willing to bet 100% they're already thinking this series is over in their young/inexperienced minds...

Just like we did the Hornets, they're no different aside from Kobe

and if we win game 6 at home....wow Game 7 will be all Kobe, which we want

come on boys, just give us tonight, we love you regardless!

tlongII
05-29-2008, 10:44 PM

Believe.

How do you feel about the season now?

Mr. Body
05-29-2008, 10:48 PM
Two atrocious off-seasons in a row; make it three in a few months.