PDA

View Full Version : Fvck This

Ghost Writer
05-29-2008, 05:09 PM
We are winning!

Why?

The window is closing.

Look at the Lakers... Kobe is in his prime, they stole Gasol and will have a healthy Bynum next year.

The Spurs will be a year older next year with no impact players coming.

These Spurs know that critics won't call them a dynasty until the win back to back.

Well here it is!

The last stand.

Mark my words... if the Spurs do not do it now, they will not do it again with this cast (Duncan and Manu are both 31 and over and Parker is not that good to carry them on his own).

I hate to be the harbinger of bad news, but it is what it is.

The good news is that this team knows the reality of the situation.

I think they will fight with everything they got.

We still play better defense than the Lakers.

The Spurs are more experienced.

If the Spurs can battle the fatigue and grind it out... it's one game at a time.

Crash the conspiracy theory.

BEAT LA

Don't give up, people.

One Game At A Time

Ghost Writer
05-29-2008, 05:19 PM
I expected more out of you.

Especially you homers that blast me all the time whenever I point out what any objective non-Spurs fan would cite as the obvious.

The Spurs need to make it to the Finals to prove that this team is a dynasty...

... and because they are not making it back anytime soon barring a roster shakeup or severe injury to the Lakers and Hornets next year.

Even the Jazz are looking better next year.

It's now or never.

Sigz
05-29-2008, 05:22 PM
fuck

dbreiden83080
05-29-2008, 05:52 PM
If The Spurs lose tonight i am not buying into this crap that they can't win another title when Tim is only 32. I also don't care what morons say about not repeating. 4 in 9 years is one of the great runs in the history of the NBA period.

Brutalis
05-29-2008, 05:56 PM
Sorry you're kinda late on this thread.

Cherry
05-29-2008, 06:05 PM
If The Spurs lose tonight i am not buying into this crap that they can't win another title when Tim is only 32. I also don't care what morons say about not repeating. 4 in 9 years is one of the great runs in the history of the NBA period.

San
Antonio
Spurs

:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:

Dynasty < DOMINATION

timvp
05-29-2008, 06:10 PM
We are winning!

Why?

The window is closing.

Look at the Lakers... Kobe is in his prime, they stole Gasol and will have a healthy Bynum next year.

The Spurs will be a year older next year with no impact players coming.

These Spurs know that critics won't call them a dynasty until the win back to back.

Well here it is!

The last stand.

Mark my words... if the Spurs do not do it now, they will not do it again with this cast (Duncan and Manu are both 31 and over and Parker is not that good to carry them on his own).

I hate to be the harbinger of bad news, but it is what it is.

The good news is that this team knows the reality of the situation.

I think they will fight with everything they got.

We still play better defense than the Lakers.

The Spurs are more experienced.

If the Spurs can battle the fatigue and grind it out... it's one game at a time.

Crash the conspiracy theory.

BEAT LA

Don't give up, people.

One Game At A Time

1) Most Spurs fans still have faith. There are more Spurs fans on the forum who think the Spurs will come back than who have given up hope.

2) You've buried the Spurs every year since 1998. You've claimed "now or never!" for a decade now.

3) Saying the Spurs will win because the window is closing doesn't make sense.

4) What's with all the spaced out paragraphs? If you were a rapper, I'd say you are flowing off the beat. Down with the enter key.

ChumpDumper
05-29-2008, 06:11 PM
Can we still sign Payton?

Holt's Cat
05-29-2008, 06:13 PM
Funny. The average NBA fan has been saying that the Spurs have been done every year for about a decade. Just like Ghost.

rAm
05-29-2008, 06:18 PM
don't fucking cuss in the fucking thread title

LakerLanny
05-29-2008, 06:51 PM
4 in 9 years is one of the great runs in the history of the NBA period.

Not really. The first one was the * year (and I have explained why the * applies many times, please let's not rehash that) and your last one was in large part due to horrific NBA administration suspending Amare Stoudemire for Robert Horry's cheap shot.

2003 featured a fix job in Game 1 vs the Lakers with a 35-12 FT attempt disparity that swung the series in your favor.

Lakers won several titles in a shorter time span in the 50s.

We all know your run doesn't compare to the run of the Celtics of the 60s

Lakers of the 80s won 5 in 8 years including the first back to back in the league in 20 years

90s Bulls threepeated twice

LakeShow Lakers threepeated right in the middle of your so called dynasty.

It has been a nice run, but certainly not "one of the great runs in NBA history period"

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but tonight is the end of your team's run, you will not have HCA in the first round of the playoffs again with this team and you are hopeless without it.

ChumpDumper
05-29-2008, 06:54 PM
Why is lakerfan so concerned with the perception of the Spurs?

DazedAndConfused
05-29-2008, 06:55 PM
Why is lakerfan so concerned with the perception of the Spurs?

Why is Spur fan so concerned about what Laker fan's perception of the Spurs is?

GrandeDavid
05-29-2008, 07:04 PM
LakerLanny and all you washed up, loser, down and out scumbags, why must you shoot off your filthy mouths on this forum? Nobody is interested in any of the empty comments you make. You are the worst fans in the history of sport. Stick that asterisk and your limited rhetorical skills up your mothers' asses. Its a shame you fvcknuts were born in the first place. Banish yourselves from here. Go play Guitar Hero and jack off like you've been doing for the past four years come April. Fvcking losers! I've never seen so many useless commentators on any forum of any sort.

LakerLanny
05-29-2008, 07:06 PM
LakerLanny and all you washed up, loser, down and out scumbags, why must you shoot off your filthy mouths on this forum? Nobody is interested in any of the empty comments you make. You are the worst fans in the history of sport. Stick that asterisk and your limited rhetorical skills up your mothers' asses. Its a shame you fvcknuts were born in the first place. Banish yourselves from here. Go play Guitar Hero and jack off like you've been doing for the past four years come April. Fvcking losers! I've never seen so many useless commentators on any forum of any sort.

Not a very strong response to my points. In fact, I would rank your post as failing.

Try again, I will teach your Brazilian ass the sport as a public service.

CosmicCowboy
05-29-2008, 07:10 PM
Actually, if this is the real vintage lakerlanny he is a funny sonofabitch.

Welcome back Lanny.

GrandeDavid
05-29-2008, 07:12 PM
Not a very strong response to my points. In fact, I would rank your post as failing.

Try again, I will teach your Brazilian ass the sport as a public service.

I'm not Brazilian, but I do love Brazil. Now boot your own ass to a Laker forum. How's that for public service? Fvck, I'm to the point of nearly bribing you douchebags to put a sock in it.

LakerLanny
05-29-2008, 07:13 PM
Actually, if this is the real vintage lakerlanny he is a funny sonofabitch.

Welcome back Lanny.

:toast

Can't a guy just misplace his password for four years?

ChumpDumper
05-29-2008, 07:15 PM
Why is Spur fan so concerned about what Laker fan's perception of the Spurs is?You are the ones on the Spurs board. My question is why are you here begging for our approval?

CosmicCowboy
05-29-2008, 07:15 PM
:toast

Can't a guy just misplace his password for four years?

LOL

I just thought you were recovering from the complications on the breast implants.

Budkin
05-29-2008, 07:16 PM
As much as the rest of the league might not want to accept it, we've got at least another 4 years of contending for a title. Claiming that this is the end for the Spurs just makes you look ignorant. As long as Tim, Tony, and Manu are together on this team, we will be successful and be right there in the conversation at the end. That's just the way it is Laker trolls. Don't fight it. Just sit down and accept it, it'll make it easier next year when we're still in the hunt.

Anti.Hero
05-29-2008, 07:19 PM

Yeah. it's just too bad the Lakers will also have 4 in 9 if they win this year.

dbreiden83080
05-29-2008, 07:21 PM
Not really. The first one was the * year (and I have explained why the * applies many times, please let's not rehash that) and your last one was in large part due to horrific NBA administration suspending Amare Stoudemire for Robert Horry's cheap shot.

2003 featured a fix job in Game 1 vs the Lakers with a 35-12 FT attempt disparity that swung the series in your favor.

Blah, Blah, Blah, Troll, Troll, Troll

"Lakers won several titles in a shorter time span in the 50s.

We all know your run doesn't compare to the run of the Celtics of the 60s"

Yeah a run that had about 6 teams in the whole league jackass, real fair comparison on that one. :rolleyes

"Lakers of the 80s won 5 in 8 years including the first back to back in the league in 20 years, 90s Bulls threepeated twice"

Right so far they are worse off than Magic's Lakers and Jordan's Bulls, well shit that is a terrible spot to be in all time, they better go kill themselves with that legacy. :rolleyes

"LakeShow Lakers threepeated right in the middle of your so called dynasty."

Spurs run of 4 titles in 9 years i take over 3 in a row and then splitsville any day of the week. We have a 4th title in that run, you only have 3 so this point isn't making your case for you at all troll, have a nice night.

Again 4 in 9 years is one of the great runs ever PERIOD....

Anti.Hero
05-29-2008, 07:21 PM

Lakers won several titles in a shorter time span in the 50s.

We all know your run doesn't compare to the run of the Celtics of the 60s

Lakers of the 80s won 5 in 8 years including the first back to back in the league in 20 years

90s Bulls threepeated twice

LakeShow Lakers threepeated right in the middle of your so called dynasty.

It has been a nice run, but certainly not "one of the great runs in NBA history period"

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but tonight is the end of your team's run, you will not have HCA in the first round of the playoffs again with this team and you are hopeless without it.

The 50's.:lol:lol I think my dad's accountant was on that team.

dbreiden83080
05-29-2008, 07:22 PM
Yeah. it's just too bad the Lakers will also have 4 in 9 if they win this year.

If they win and it is such a different team. Kobe now has to lead a team to titles and not just be Robin To Shaq's Batman. His career is going to viewed in 2 parts.

lefty
05-29-2008, 07:23 PM
Can we still sign Payton?

No, but Hersey Hawkins is interested

Hawkins >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Finley

LakerLanny
05-29-2008, 07:23 PM
LOL

I just thought you were recovering from the complications on the breast implants.

:lol

Touche my friend!

Is Sequ going to spend his extra time now getting breast reduction surgery? :bking

Anti.Hero
05-29-2008, 07:24 PM
If they win and it is such a different team. Kobe now has to lead a team to titles and not just be Robin To Shaq's Batman. His career is going to viewed in 2 parts.

Both the Spurs and lakers will be in competition for best team post-jordan era.

It's obviously the Spurs since they have been at the top the entire time and weren't little girls who couldn't get along.

manufor3
05-29-2008, 07:25 PM
don't fucking cuss in the fucking thread title

he used a v not a u.

slayermin
05-29-2008, 07:25 PM

What the hell are you crying about now? For the series, the Lakers shot 161 free throw attempts, the Spurs 151. So that should basically tell you how the rest of the series went including the most one sided game I have ever witnessed (Game Four: Lakers 45fta, Spurs 26fta).

If you really look at the Lakers success against the Spurs, it's tied in with some crappy officiating and key injuries.

*2000 - Tim Duncan hurt. Lakers win the championship without playing the only team that was capable of beating them.
*2001 - Derek Anderson hurt. Being a small market team, we didn't have the depth other teams were able to carry. Starting Antonio Daniels shortened our bench plus DA was our second leading scorer that year. Maybe we don't win with a healthy DA but we will never know.
*2002 - David Robinson hurt. Admiral showed guts playing with that floating bone chip in his back but it wasn't enough to overcome Terry Porter at point guard.
*2004 - Derek Fisher's 0.52 shot. Fuck that, the clock started late.

dbreiden83080
05-29-2008, 07:26 PM
Both the Spurs and lakers will be in competition for best team post-jordan era.

Probably, we'll see a lot has to happen in the next few years for both of them. For all we know the Hornets could be the team to beat the next 2 or 3 years.

AztecPrincss
05-29-2008, 07:26 PM
I like the spurs every year...regardless of the situation...

LakerLanny
05-29-2008, 07:27 PM
What the hell are you crying about now? For the series, the Lakers shot 161 free throw attempts, the Spurs 151. So that should basically tell you how the rest of the series went including the most one sided game I have ever witnessed (Game Four: Lakers 45fta, Spurs 26fta).

If you really look at the Lakers success against the Spurs, it's tied in with some crappy officiating and key injuries.

*2000 - Tim Duncan hurt. Lakers win the championship without playing the only team that was capable of beating them.
*2001 - Derek Anderson hurt. Being a small market team, we didn't have the depth other teams were able to carry. Starting Antonio Daniels shortened our bench plus DA was our second leading scorer that year. Maybe we don't win with a healthy DA but we will never know.
*2002 - David Robinson hurt. Admiral showed guts playing with that floating bone chip in his back but it wasn't enough to overcome Terry Porter at point guard.
*2004 - Derek Fisher's 0.52 shot. Fuck that, the clock started late.

You do remember the Hack A Shaq strategy and the intentional fouls the *purs employed to try and catch up in the 2003 series right?

I know you do. Right? So quoting the overall ft numbers for the series is not relevant.

I was at that game when the Lakers shot 45 ft's and agree they got the better end of the calls that day.

LakerLanny
05-29-2008, 07:28 PM
Probably, we'll see a lot has to happen in the next few years for both of them. For all we know the Hornets could be the team to beat the next 2 or 3 years.

I doubt the Hornets even have HCA in the first round next year.

CosmicCowboy
05-29-2008, 07:29 PM
LOL

C'mon Spurs fans.

Man up.

He's running Laker smack and he's good at it.

The dude actually knows basketball when he's not running smack.

He knows that this current Lakers team sucks compared the the prime time Shaq/Kobe duo.

He knows that this series has been more about the Spurs beating themselves than the Lakers doing it...

You know that NBA commercial about the FEAR? Lanny's feeling it.

He KNOWS Spurs are gonna come out tonight and play 4 quarters of basketball and he's running smack while he can...

dbreiden83080
05-29-2008, 07:35 PM
I doubt the Hornets even have HCA in the first round next year.

LOL, that team is a piece or 2 away from a title. Paul is what 23 and the best PG in the NBA by a mile, think of what he will be at 25 or 26 with a little more help.

Zero Point Four
05-29-2008, 07:47 PM
So what if Ghost has been saying this same thing for several years.

It is obvious that sooner or later, he's going to be right.

And I think he's right - right now.

The Spurs will continue to be a good team. Possibly even a lucky team, or on occasion, a very good team.

But championship great?

No, that time is rapidly passing. It could be possible this year, but - let's face it - the core of the team is Tim Duncan. He remains a great player now. Next year he will be almost great. The year after he will be very, very good. Then drop to very good.

So if it is true that Ghost has been saying this for a long time - and how would I know? - it is sort of like Tim Duncan's free throws. Just because he bricks several in a row doesn't mean the next one won't go right in.

gaKNOW!blee
05-29-2008, 07:59 PM
Guys calm down about this being the Spurs last chance. The big 3 will be back and we are one good free agent or draft class from being right back on top.

Bandwagon Fan
05-29-2008, 08:10 PM
ESPN just had a round table of best era's of the past 30 years. Threepeat Lakers beat Duncan Spurs every time. They might have been consistant for longer, but overall greatness Shaq & Kobe Lakers got you every time. Shoot, in our last match-up when you guys were in your prime and we were falling apart we still got the better of ya.

And no, Spurs won't collapse like the Lakers next year. Rather, they become what the Rockets and Suns were the past several years in comparison to the Jazz, Hornets, and Lakers. Great teams, just never great enough to win a championship. We've already seen the beginnings of the implosion of 2 of the 3 previous powerhouses (Suns and Mavericks), Spurs will come soon after, maybe two or three years.

dbreiden83080
05-29-2008, 08:14 PM
ESPN just had a round table of best era's of the past 30 years. Threepeat Lakers beat Duncan Spurs every time. They might have been consistant for longer, but overall greatness Shaq & Kobe Lakers got you every time. Shoot, in our last match-up when you guys were in your prime and we were falling apart we still got the better of ya.

And no, Spurs won't collapse like the Lakers next year. Rather, they become what the Rockets and Suns were the past several years in comparison to the Jazz, Hornets, and Lakers. Great teams, just never great enough to win a championship. We've already seen the beginnings of the implosion of 2 of the 3 previous powerhouses (Suns and Mavericks), Spurs will come soon after, maybe two or three years.

Beat you in 99 and, beat you in 03, you beat us 2 times and then third could not close the show. It's a close comparison of Duncan's Spurs to SHaq and Kobe Lakers but 4 in 9 is still one more title

dbreiden83080
05-29-2008, 08:15 PM
ESPN just had a round table of best era's of the past 30 years.

LOL yeah ESPN, the Kobe Bryant and Laker fan club of America.

spurscenter
05-29-2008, 08:15 PM
“The cats are flopping all over the floor and they’re calling that,” Wallace said. “That ain’t basketball out there. It’s all entertainment. You all should know that.”

ballhog
05-29-2008, 08:24 PM
I like the Spurs offense. Don't fall in love with the 3.

Bandwagon Fan
05-29-2008, 08:25 PM
I never understood the arbitrary "in 9 years". Lakers have 14 in 60 years, what does that matter? If you want to give your spurs era extra points for having less drama and being around longer because of it, fine, but as far as shaq-kobe era vs duncan spurs era goes, it's gonna be shaq-kobe. A 3-peat is more impressive then 4 in 9 and even 3 in 5. Winning 3 back to backs is rare, having an era of championships is not.

dbreiden83080
05-29-2008, 08:43 PM
I never understood the arbitrary "in 9 years". Lakers have 14 in 60 years, what does that matter? If you want to give your spurs era extra points for having less drama and being around longer because of it, fine, but as far as shaq-kobe era vs duncan spurs era goes, it's gonna be shaq-kobe. A 3-peat is more impressive then 4 in 9 and even 3 in 5. Winning 3 back to backs is rare, having an era of championships is not.

Having an era of 4 in 9 is damn impressive and why do we have to debate this shit?? I have respect for the Lakers why do so many Laker fans have none for the Spurs, GOD.

FlavoredIcecream
05-29-2008, 09:14 PM
fucking faggot shit!

Ghost Writer
05-29-2008, 09:39 PM
Nice to see that I woke some of the old timers like timvp and Holt's Cat up.

Even when logic dictates otherwise, I never give up on the Spurs and always hope for the best.

And when the team looked like sh1t on paper to me, they have surprised me before.

I'd rather be a cranky realistic than a blind optimist.

Having said that, while you guys are calling it a season, I really believ that the Spurs are better than these Lakers and can come back.

So "Fvck this" and "Fvck you" while we at it.

We.

Are.

Winning.