PDA

View Full Version : John Kerry get full hour on Russert

NeoConIV
01-27-2005, 05:50 PM
Been sleeping in on Sundays ever since the election, but might have to catch this one.

From drudge

-------------------------------
'MEET THE PRESS' EXCLUSIVE: SEN. JOHN KERRY APPEARS LIVE
Thu Jan 27 2005 16:42:32 ET

In his first television interview since the presidential election, Sen. John F. Kerry (D-Mass.) will appear live on "Meet the Press with Tim Russert" for the full hour this Sunday, January 30, 2005. The exclusive interview will cover a wide range of topics including the day's historic elections in Iraq, the senator's own trip to the region, his view on Bush's second term agenda, and his plans for his political future.

Sen. Kerry's last "Meet the Press" appearance on April 18, 2004, came thirty-three years after his very first appearance on the program as a spokesman for Vietnam Veterans Against the War. Earlier in the campaign cycle, Sen. Kerry announced his intentions to run for the Presidential nomination on "Meet the Press" on December 1, 2002.

Developing...

JoeChalupa
01-27-2005, 06:06 PM
I always watch Tim Russert on Sunday mornings.

And this Sunday......I get my cable upgraded form basic basic cable so I'll have the news channels again....even FoxNews.

DeJaVu
01-27-2005, 06:06 PM
Good, looking foward to seeing that one, i'm really glad that he hasn't gone into seclusion like Gore did in 2000 i was really disappointed about that.

Yonivore
01-27-2005, 11:42 PM
Exactly what is the point of interviewing the junior Senator from Massachussetts?

NeoConIV
01-28-2005, 03:30 AM
I just wanna see what kind of whoppers he throws out. Want to hear if he's going to give any specifics why he voted no on Condi.

But your point is well taken Yoni. He's back to being the junior senator. Wonder when John Cornyn (Dan, that's the Texas junior senator...FYI) will get one hour with Tim??

dcole50
01-28-2005, 09:01 AM
Exactly what is the point of interviewing the junior Senator from Massachussetts?Because he's a former presidential candidate. It's the same reason Dole was considered more significant after running against Clinton.

Yonivore
01-28-2005, 07:12 PM
Because he's a former presidential candidate. It's the same reason Dole was considered more significant after running against Clinton.
Yeah, maybe up to the inauguration...

Bandit2981
01-28-2005, 07:17 PM
no thanks...i dont want to get up early on Sunday only to be lulled back to sleep again

Yonivore
01-28-2005, 09:23 PM
no thanks...i dont want to get up early on Sunday only to be lulled back to sleep again
Really! He didn't have anything interesting to say during the election.

dcole50
01-29-2005, 03:42 PM
Yeah, maybe up to the inauguration...
Former presidential candidates who are/were senators in recent years still get more press coverage. Dole, Gore, etc.

Like others, I don't want to wake up on Sunday just to watch this. Sunday is my day to sleep in.

NeoConIV
01-30-2005, 09:40 AM
Pretty entertaining. He's throwing out some double whoppers with cheese alright, just like I thought. Tim has been pressing him pretty hard.

One observation is that he's trying so hard to give forceful, straight answers...when one still gets the impression that John Kerry still doesn't know what side of the ledger he's on. So even if he really isn't sure of his position, he's going to give a forceful answer to show us that he's not at all indecisive. It's a noticeable after effect of the 'I actually did vote for the 80 billion, before I voted against it"

That's his demon, and frankly I don't think he'll ever shake that off.

NeoConIV
01-30-2005, 09:46 AM
Majority of Catholics believe that Roe v Wade is settled?

This guy is so out of touch....that has to be the biggest whopper yet.

violentkitten
01-30-2005, 02:05 PM
kerry is demeaned by the bush kool aid drinkers for not giving straight honest answers yet has bush done so? man you fuckers make me laugh you have been used again and again by this administration yet you lick their boots because you want them uppity blacks, queers, and every other deviant put back in their place

at least kerry was for giving the peasants a few crumbs.