PDA

View Full Version : Update on me - please read

PakiDan
05-29-2008, 08:06 PM
Hello Everyine, I've been non-existent in here for a while, and unfortunately it's not because I just wanted to take a break. A few weeks ago, I went to my doctor after suffering from a persistent cough. She ordered me to the hospital ASAP. I just got out today. I spent over a week in cardiac ICU. It turns out I am suffering from viral Congestive Heart Failure. My heart is currently operating at 17% of it's total function, which is barely life sustaining. I am being placed on the heart transplant list and hopefully my story will have a happy ending. If not, you guys have been great and I appreciate all of you. Send me your prayers and maybe you might be stuck with the Paki for years to come. Thanks guys, love you guys.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-29-2008, 08:09 PM
Hello Everyine, I've been non-existent in here for a while, and unfortunately it's not because I just wanted to take a break. A few weeks ago, I went to my doctor after suffering from a persistent cough. She ordered me to the hospital ASAP. I just got out today. I spent over a week in cardiac ICU. It turns out I am suffering from viral Congestive Heart Failure. My heart is currently operating at 17% of it's total function, which is barely life sustaining. I am being placed on the heart transplant list and hopefully my story will have a happy ending. If not, you guys have been great and I appreciate all of you. Send me your prayers and maybe you might be stuck with the Paki for years to come. Thanks guys, love you guys.

Damn, Dan... best wishes for a quick transplant.

Is that the necessary fix?

jman3000
05-29-2008, 08:09 PM
wow... nothing much to say except keep on fighting.

mardigan
05-29-2008, 08:10 PM
Damn, good luck. You will be in my prayers.

balli
05-29-2008, 08:10 PM
Damn dude, I'm sorry. If it's any consolation I just (finally) added my name to the donor registry a few weeks ago and I live dangerously. I hope everything works out for you.

mrsmaalox
05-29-2008, 08:12 PM
All my positive thoughts and energy are coming your way!! Hang in there :)

PakiDan
05-29-2008, 08:15 PM
Damn, Dan... best wishes for a quick transplant.

Is that the necessary fix?

I may recover some function through diet and meds, but all preperations are being made to fund the transplant. I will keep you guys posted. Thanks all for the well wishes.

mavs>spurs2
05-29-2008, 08:20 PM
Hang in there man, be strong and when you get your new heart take extra precautions to take care of it through diet and don't even think about smoking.

SpursWoman
05-29-2008, 08:23 PM
Oh, wow! Take care Pakidan ... we'll be praying for you. :makeout

tlongII
05-29-2008, 08:24 PM
Sorry to hear that Dan! I hope you get what you need and I hope everything turns out okay!

manufor3
05-29-2008, 08:26 PM
good luck

Don Quixote
05-29-2008, 08:27 PM
Ditto. My prayers to you and your loved ones.

whottt
05-29-2008, 08:36 PM
Good luck Dan.

Doctors aren't flawless...they do make mistakes and they don't know everything there is to know. I'm not saying you shouldn't take their help at all..by all means take their help, but don't let anyone tell you your situation is impossible, transplant or no..don't give up. Stuff that they can't explain happens all the time.

And good luck, sincerely.

TheTruth
05-29-2008, 08:44 PM
Damn Dan. You're in my prayers. Keep fighting.

Ginofan
05-29-2008, 08:47 PM
I'll definitely be praying for you Paki! I hope everything works out well.

SAtown
05-29-2008, 08:51 PM
I'll be praying for you buddy

ShoogarBear
05-29-2008, 08:52 PM
Rough news, Dan. Best of luck to you.

remingtonbo2001
05-29-2008, 08:52 PM
My prayers are with you, friend.

JoeChalupa
05-29-2008, 09:03 PM
You will be in my prayers. Having your kind of attitude can only help.

ashbeeigh
05-29-2008, 09:09 PM
Holy cow. I'll keep you in my prayers, PakiDan.

dallaskd
05-29-2008, 09:12 PM
Ill make sure to pray for you. God's in control. Im sure you'll be fine. I would just enjoy life. Can you do any physical activity?

dallaskd
05-29-2008, 09:12 PM
wait if pakidan dies...who's going to tell us?

marini martini
05-29-2008, 09:23 PM
Damn, Dan! You missed my shit a month ago with my daughter. She gave birth and 3 days later, was on the list for a liver transplant. Her & the baby pulled through & are doing great! I'm donating my organs, and if I frikin' die tonight, your name is on my heart:toast

:makeout

KEDA
05-29-2008, 09:32 PM
holy shit man

If you need anything, you let me know!

You will be in my prayers.

MannyIsGod
05-29-2008, 09:45 PM
Dude I knew Dio broke your heart but WTF? Stay strong my man, let me know if there is anything Jess or myself can do to help you in any way.

PakiDan
05-29-2008, 09:50 PM
Dude I knew Dio broke your heart but WTF? Stay strong my man, let me know if there is anything Jess or myself can do to help you in any way.

:lol You guys are all great! To DallasKD: I'll leave instructions to my parents to post in the event ofmy untimely demise. Thanks to all of you for your kind words, prayers and wishes... it really helps more than you know. I will keep on trucking... in a lesser capacity... and concerning the liver transplant.... wow... I hope all is well for you and I will definately pray for you. You are the best group of friends a sickly guy can ask for! :toast

marini martini
05-29-2008, 09:59 PM
You touched my heart in Sept. of 07, so if I give up the fight, your name is on my heart! Please p.m. me your actual name, so they don't give it to some dumn ass camel jock! Love Ya Buddy:makeout

midgetonadonkey
05-29-2008, 10:32 PM
Dude I will kill a homeless dude and pull out his heart for you if you want me to. PM me your blood type.

In all seriousness, take care buddy. I know you will get better.

NASpurs
05-29-2008, 11:32 PM
You have my prayers and best wishes. You're going through a life and death situation seeming to be in good spirits while others in the world fold like a lawn chair with a little adversity.

samikeyp
05-29-2008, 11:36 PM
Oh man....this sucks.

Dan if there is anything any of us can do...please let us know.

RashoFan
05-30-2008, 12:28 AM
Dan,
You are in my thoughts and prayers. You have my number, gimmie a call if you need anything.

Slydragon
05-30-2008, 12:42 AM
Damn that sucks, How old are you? if you don't mind me asking.

atxrocker
05-30-2008, 12:44 AM
i really hate to hear this, pakidan. my best wishes.

Slydragon
05-30-2008, 12:51 AM
We should set up a fund, Tell me where to paypay the cash.

pawe
05-30-2008, 12:53 AM
ill be saying a prayer for you bud!

bigzak25
05-30-2008, 02:03 AM
man, hang tough buddy...you are in my prayers...God Bless you bro...

Kori Ellis
05-30-2008, 02:07 AM
Sorry to hear this news, Dan.

The whole SpursTalk family will be praying and pulling for you. If you need anything from us (I'm not sure what), let us know. Hopefully things can get better somehow with other fixes. If not, I'm sure the transplant will happen and be successful.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-30-2008, 02:21 AM
Holy hell! That's a raw deal Dan, though you sound like you're coping better than I'd expect anyone to. You're in my prayers, sir.

T Park
05-30-2008, 03:03 AM
Same as pretty much everyone else said Dan, Prayers are with you and I agree with what someone said about the fund, that would be a great idea.

timvp
05-30-2008, 05:03 AM
Good luck with everything. Keep your spirits up and keep fighting :tu

Supreme_Being
05-30-2008, 05:48 AM
I don't know you, PakiDan, but I'm really sorry to hear that. I'm sure thing would get better.

In the words of timvp:

BELIEVE.

Slomo
05-30-2008, 06:26 AM
This sucks! Keep fighting Dan, you're in my thoughts. Good luck with everything!

If it turns out that this is a ploy to get your picture in the banner http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/Emoticons/hm.gif I'm coming over just to kick your ass! http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/Emoticons/wink.gif.

Get well!

peewee's lovechild
05-30-2008, 07:31 AM

You're a good guy, Dan.

I hope everthing turns out well.
I'm confident it will.

On a lighter side, I guess that means I'll have 2Blonde all to myself.

I'll send all my positive vibes your way, Dan.

ATRAIN
05-30-2008, 07:32 AM
I wish you the best Paki, keeping on fighting little trooper!!

florige
05-30-2008, 07:50 AM
Hang in there man.

easjer
05-30-2008, 09:17 AM
SFIE and I will be praying for you. Take care of yourself.

BacktoBasics
05-30-2008, 09:50 AM
Damn this hurts. I hope some luck and success rolls your way pal.

PakiDan
05-30-2008, 10:27 AM
We should set up a fund, Tell me where to paypay the cash.

Hey Sly,

I am 31. I know... crazy. Slomo - If this doesn't warrant a banner placing... well - I give up! :) Kori - thank you so much, God Bless the bravatar :) TPark, Rasho... etc... You all make my eyes well up with tears. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your kind words and thoughts. About the fund... I am definately not looking for your money... I just want to know I am in the company of friends while I fight through this trial. Ya'll have already done more than you can have imagined. I love you all... yes, even you Mouse. BigZak, keep those wings on the burner buddy.

Pakidan - Dan

angel_luv
05-30-2008, 10:39 AM
I will be praying for you Paki! Keep us updated, please.

Brutalis
05-30-2008, 01:15 PM
Best wishes to you and your family.

Silverheart80
05-30-2008, 01:16 PM
Best wishes and good vibes out to you, PakiDan. Keep pushing, man. You'll definitely be in my thoughts.

:flag:

MoSpur
05-30-2008, 01:22 PM
This is just a shock. I don't know you, but I feel for you. It takes amazing strength to pull through something like this, but God is here for you. Lean on Him. I ask that God do a miracle in your life. Just know you have me here fighting for you spiritually.

MagnusKrauss
05-30-2008, 01:27 PM
hang in there. just be sure to lead a healthier lifestyle from now on.

MannyIsGod
05-30-2008, 01:28 PM
:lmao @ Paki talking about BigZak and wings. Good times.

Dude you know you have to do the Mexican thing and have a BBQ plate sell off. I'm sure Big Zak and I can alone fund anything just by eating those plates.

rAm
05-30-2008, 01:32 PM
Good luck with everything Dan.

I suffer from Heart Pain every now and then, sometimes I wonder if I am going down the wrong path. Anything you would recommend?

MoSpur
05-30-2008, 01:35 PM
Good luck with everything Dan.

I suffer from Heart Pain every now and then, sometimes I wonder if I am going down the wrong path. Anything you would recommend?

Go get checked out by a cardiologist. I was having chest pain and tingling in my left arm. I thought it was crazy for someone as young as me (29 yrs) to be feeling this so I took no chance at all and got checked out. Everything is fine, Thank God. I was DX with anxiety. I still worry from time to time, but I have faith that everything will be alright.

If you're worried Ram, go get checked out.

Spurminator
05-30-2008, 01:36 PM
Best wishes Dan. Keep your spirits up and your great sense of humor.

1Parker1
05-30-2008, 01:37 PM
I'm sorry to hear this PakiDan. I hope everything works out for you. Stay strong and positive :tu

rAm
05-30-2008, 01:41 PM
Go get checked out by a cardiologist. I was having chest pain and tingling in my left arm. I thought it was crazy for someone as young as me (29 yrs) to be feeling this so I took no chance at all and got checked out. Everything is fine, Thank God. I was DX with anxiety. I still worry from time to time, but I have faith that everything will be alright.

If you're worried Ram, go get checked out.

I have been checked out and all the Doctors tell me I am a healthy 23 year old with a healthy heart. I get short of breath now and then and I have the same tingling in my left arm and sometimes a heaviness in my chest.

I do drink and smoke (weed), so I think that could be causing me problems. I am working my best to correct that situation : / News like this really makes me rethink what I am doing.

Richard Cranium
05-30-2008, 01:43 PM
Best of luck Pakidan.

Sp Ginobili 20
05-30-2008, 01:52 PM
My prayers go out to you Dan.

boutons_
05-30-2008, 02:11 PM
Hang in there, Dan.

All the best of luck.

MoSpur
05-30-2008, 02:21 PM
Ram, it sounds like anxiety and some of your habits may cause that. Seriously. I use to get anxiety attacks when I was around 20 years old. At that time I use to smoke weed too. The doctor at that time told me that weed could cause people to feel anxious. Not everyone, but it does happen. Lay off of it.

rAm
05-30-2008, 02:22 PM
Ram, it sounds like anxiety and some of your habits may cause that. Seriously. I use to get anxiety attacks when I was around 20 years old. At that time I use to smoke weed too. The doctor at that time told me that weed could cause people to feel anxious. Not everyone, but it does happen. Lay off of it.

Thanks Mo, I appreciate the advice.

Das Texan
05-30-2008, 03:01 PM
definitely will keep you in the ole thoughts and prayers, hope everything ends up alright and we can be stuck with you around here for years to come.

MoSpur
05-30-2008, 03:12 PM
Thanks Mo, I appreciate the advice.

No problem. Just keep positive. Same for Paki. I know God is gonna do something special in your life.

Cry Havoc
05-30-2008, 03:21 PM
Sorry to hear that, Dan. All the best to you.

balli
05-30-2008, 03:40 PM
I have been checked out and all the Doctors tell me I am a healthy 23 year old with a healthy heart. I get short of breath now and then and I have the same tingling in my left arm and sometimes a heaviness in my chest.

I do drink and smoke (weed), so I think that could be causing me problems. I am working my best to correct that situation : / News like this really makes me rethink what I am doing.

Yo man. I've dealt with anxiety and panic attacks for a while now. I had a really bad experience with way too much LSD and it kind of triggered a whole ordeal related to hypochondria and anxiety. Not sure why it's happening to you, but I do know it's unpleasant.

The autonomic nervous system has two subsections or branches called the sympathetic nervous system and the parasympathetic nervous system. It is these two branches of the nervous system which are directly involved in controlling the body's energy levels and preparation for action. Very simply put, the sympathetic nervous system is the fight/flight system which releases energy and gets the body "primed" for action while the parasympathetic nervous system is the restoring system which returns the body to a normal state.

One important point is that the sympathetic nervous system tends to be largely an all or none system. That is, when it is activated, all of its parts respond. In other words, either all symptoms are experienced or no symptoms are experienced; it is rare for changes to occur in one part of the body alone. This may explain why most panic attack involve many symptoms and not just one or two.

One of the major effects of the sympathetic nervous system is that it releases two chemicals called adrenalin and noradrenalin from the adrenal glands on the kidneys. These chemicals, in turn, are used as messengers by the sympathetic nervous system to continue activity so that once activity in the sympathetic nervous system begins, it often continues and increases for some time.

I've pretty much gotten over it without the use of drugs or anything else, but I did do two things that helped immensely. The first is exercise. All I do is run and play basketball as much as possible. The second thing I've done is meditate. Meditation is the number one thing a person can do to balance out their 2 nervous system branches, which is essentially your problem; an inbalance in the way your nervous system tries to protect you.

If you're interested here's a download link for an audio book on mindfulness by John Kabat-Zinn, with some guided meditations. Seriously, it's the best thing I've ever learned to do.

http://rapidshare.com/files/47131557/MFB_.rar

Just click the button that says free and wait for the sixty second timer to stop. Then start your download and unzip the file it gives you.

rAm
05-30-2008, 03:47 PM
Yo man. I've dealt with anxiety and panic attacks for a while now. I had a really bad experience with way too much LSD and it kind of triggered a whole ordeal related to hypochondria and anxiety. Not sure why it's happening to you, but I do know it's unpleasant.

I've pretty much gotten over it without the use of drugs or anything else, but I did do two things that helped immensely. The first is exercise. All I do is run and play basketball as much as possible. The second thing I've done is meditate. Meditation is the number one thing a person can do to balance out their 2 nervous system branches, which is essentially your problem; an inbalance in the way your nervous system tries to protect you.

If you're interested here's a download link for an audio book on mindfulness by John Kabat-Zinn, with some guided meditations. Seriously, it's the best thing I've ever learned to do.

http://rapidshare.com/files/47131557/MFB_.rar

Just click the button that says free and wait for the sixty second timer to stop. Then start your download and unzip the file it gives you.

I've always wanted to start meditating, thanks for the link. I will check it out when I get home from work.

balli
05-30-2008, 03:59 PM
Sure man. I know it sounds a little bit hokey and the first couple weeks it's like, why is sitting on my ass like this, doing absolutely nothing, beneficial? But in all seriousness, taking care of the mental part of my body is the number one thing I've done to help the physical.

Blake
05-30-2008, 04:07 PM
thoughts and prayers man......

CubanMustGo
05-30-2008, 04:15 PM
All the best to you and yours, PakiDan ... a lot of people will be praying for you.

MoSpur
05-30-2008, 04:20 PM
I too have been fighting anxiety w/out medicine. Exercise is a good way to release all that anxiety and stress.

CubanMustGo
05-30-2008, 04:22 PM
I too have been fighting anxiety w/out medicine. Exercise is a good way to release all that anxiety and stress.

Beating the shit out of Laker fans is good, too.

spurschick
05-30-2008, 04:33 PM
Can't donate my heart, so I've donated my sig below. We ain't done with you yet, Dan, so don't think you're getting out that easy. :toast

Cherry
05-30-2008, 04:42 PM
I will be praying for you PakiDan.

jcrod
05-30-2008, 05:54 PM
Good luck on finding a heart, prayers are out to you.

PakiDan
05-30-2008, 09:06 PM
Can't donate my heart, so I've donated my sig below. We ain't done with you yet, Dan, so don't think you're getting out that easy. :toast

wow... I don't even know what to say... Forget the banner. I am fulfilled.

Thanks Spurschick!!!

SpursWoman
05-30-2008, 09:50 PM
You know ... I was going through a bunch of pictures on my hard drive and came across this one:

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn257/christyran1228/001pakidandio.jpg

I think in light your current plight, you should lay off the white stuff. :wow :lol

Supreme_Being
05-30-2008, 10:05 PM
Who's the guy in the middle, if you don't mind me asking?

SpursWoman
05-30-2008, 10:09 PM
Who's the guy in the middle, if you don't mind me asking?

Pakidan, Mr Dio (who only posts in spurts), Useruser666 (my darling SO who mostly lurks), me, Shelly. :fro

carina_gino20
05-30-2008, 11:18 PM
PakiDan, I don't know you, but I don't know the Spurs either and I still pray for them. I've gone through a minor operation before and I was scared as shit. I can only imagine how much harder it is for you. But miracles happen. We will be praying for you. God bless.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-30-2008, 11:26 PM
Dan, we've never met and I don't know you through anything but here, but you're in my thoughts in prayers.

Hang in there, and when you're through all this, next time I'm in SA the beer's on me (or whatever you want to drink).

marini martini
05-30-2008, 11:27 PM
Dan, thanks for the sweet p.m. The world is a better place because you are in it, also.
If you are here in S.A. please p.m. me your Dr.'s name, as I will be at the Methodist Transplant Hospital next week, to take my daughter for an appt., and to fill out my donor card.
Blessings to you and yours!

Rogbok
05-30-2008, 11:54 PM
Man Dan, this sucks. My prayers and good thoughts are definitely with you. If there is anything at all that you need, I will and I am sure most here will do what they can if you ask.

tlongII
05-31-2008, 01:37 AM
You may wish to change your team allegiance to the Blazers. They are an up and coming team and would certainly infuse you with a "positive vibe." Couldn't hurt! :)

Avitus1
05-31-2008, 03:56 AM
Best wishes man

xcoriate
05-31-2008, 07:44 AM
Sorry to hear that Dan, keep fighting I'm sending some positive vibes your way now mate.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-31-2008, 11:53 AM
Hope you get better man

PakiDan
05-31-2008, 02:05 PM
You know ... I was going through a bunch of pictures on my hard drive and came across this one:

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn257/christyran1228/001pakidandio.jpg

I think in light your current plight, you should lay off the white stuff. :wow :lol

Hahaha!! I remember that pic!! Good times. I promise to lay off the powdered sugar, flour and all other white powdery substances.

Buddy Holly
05-31-2008, 02:12 PM
Paki, I truly hope everything works out for you. Good luck and all my wishes.

Melmart1
05-31-2008, 02:35 PM
I am very sorry to hear about your plight, Paki. I hope you feel better soon and get that heart. And I hope whoever gives you that heart likes Moz ;)

**There is a light that never goes out ... **

Taco
05-31-2008, 03:57 PM
Hope everything goes well, you are in our thoughts and prayers

2Blonde
05-31-2008, 04:28 PM
I have no doubt that you will survive this. No way am I letting go of the co-founder of my fan club without a fight.:bang
I will be praying for you every day! And please if you need help financially don't hesitate to ask us here at ST for some assistance. I would be honored to help.

xrayzebra
05-31-2008, 04:50 PM
Pakidan we have never met. But I wish you all the best and know that things will work out for you. Hang tough. Your to young to
leave this life. I will remember you and your family in my prayers.
God Bless.

MannyIsGod
05-31-2008, 05:40 PM
Paki, you have good taste in music. I call your CDs dude.

HEY! I'm just sayin!

PakiDan
05-31-2008, 10:28 PM
Paki, you have good taste in music. I call your CDs dude.

HEY! I'm just sayin!

Yours :) - Jekka can have my obscure rock T's.

Jekka
05-31-2008, 10:38 PM

As touched as I am by the thought, I hope you will be wearing those T's for a long time to come :) And, notice my little guy drinking red wine in my sig - red wine is good for the heart, therefore, by every glass of red wine that I drink, it will be that much good karma going towards your heart. Hey, we all have to do our part.

MannyIsGod
05-31-2008, 10:39 PM

:lol Dude.

What kind of Pakistani are you anyway? I thought the only way you fuckers died was through suicide bombs. This is probably some ploy to attack our important transplant doctors.

I see through you Pakidan! I'm calling Homeland Security.

Fillmoe
06-02-2008, 02:35 AM
Life is strange man, but I have a feeling you will pull through. You seem to have a great attitude about this. I'm not a religious man so I cant pray for you, but I wish you the best.

DBryant88
06-02-2008, 07:27 AM
i wish you the best of luck!!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-02-2008, 07:31 AM
Woah, sorry to hear that, Dan. :(

Best of luck.

Ruff

Emanuel20
06-02-2008, 07:39 AM
I hope that you get better. You are in my prayers!
Keep fighting and be strong, good things will follow!

PakiDan
06-02-2008, 10:25 AM
:lol Dude.

What kind of Pakistani are you anyway? I thought the only way you fuckers died was through suicide bombs. This is probably some ploy to attack our important transplant doctors.

I see through you Pakidan! I'm calling Homeland Security.

Wanna come with me to my appointment?? :)

PakiDan
06-02-2008, 10:26 AM
I hope that you get better. You are in my prayers!
Keep fighting and be strong, good things will follow!

ooohhhh - is that your pic?? I promise to stay alive if you take me to dinner! ;)

samikeyp
06-02-2008, 10:31 AM
Dan, when you get through this....and you will....I will come down and we can get some wings. We will just have to make Zak gets some so he doesn't steal Dio's. :lol

BTW...don't let me hear you say anything else but "I will get through this" You do and the minute you are all better I will beat your slurpee serving, jihad yelling, patchouli incense burning, "thank you,come again" ass and then take your 72 virgins and divide them up between Mouse, Dio, Zak, Johnny Blaze, KEDA, Melmart, CuckingFunt and the Mookie Crew. :)

You stay positive. :tu

Don Quixote
06-02-2008, 10:37 AM
ooohhhh - is that your pic?? I promise to stay alive if you take me to dinner! ;)

Yes, that angel face belongs to Emmanuel.

If I'm ever sick, I know who to call. :toast

We're praying for you, PakiDan.

N.Y. Johnny
06-02-2008, 11:09 AM
PakiDan

Hang in there and you'll see this thing through. You'll do fine man. I know what its like to hear bad news and what you do is take that and live out life to the fullest. You'll be ok.

I never thought how glad I'd be to sit in this rat race after all but here we are.
you've got folks praying for you and folks wishing you well Dan so we'll get through it man. With the powers that are in prayers and well wishes you'll be here with us for a long time to come man.

Heath Ledger
06-02-2008, 02:24 PM
Sounds like a spurstalk fundraiser may be in order, heart transplant surgery ain't cheap.

PakiDan
06-02-2008, 09:20 PM
Dan, when you get through this....and you will....I will come down and we can get some wings. We will just have to make Zak gets some so he doesn't steal Dio's. :lol

BTW...don't let me hear you say anything else but "I will get through this" You do and the minute you are all better I will beat your slurpee serving, jihad yelling, patchouli incense burning, "thank you,come again" ass and then take your 72 virgins and divide them up between Mouse, Dio, Zak, Johnny Blaze, KEDA, Melmart, CuckingFunt and the Mookie Crew. :)

You stay positive. :tu

Dirka Dirka, Mohamed Jihad.

Faccia di Angelo
06-02-2008, 09:45 PM
wow, I just read this thread and it makes me want to cry. :(
I wish you the absolute best and will definitely keep you in my prayers. I know God will be looking out for you. Be strong and stay positive. God bless you. <big hug>

LuvBones
06-02-2008, 09:46 PM
PakiDan, i'm so sorry to read about this. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Stay positive and continue to have faith..

You have a lot of people praying for you. :)

loveThe23
06-02-2008, 10:16 PM
Awww.. oh my gosh. that is so. sad. :depressed

I will keep you in my prayers as everyone else is. Sending over positive energy to you, Paki. :)

2centsworth
06-03-2008, 08:26 AM
God Bless brother.

samikeyp
06-03-2008, 02:50 PM
Dirka Dirka, Mohamed Jihad.

:lol:toast

PakiDan
06-03-2008, 02:52 PM
wow, I just read this thread and it makes me want to cry. :(
I wish you the absolute best and will definitely keep you in my prayers. I know God will be looking out for you. Be strong and stay positive. God bless you. <big hug>

Don't cry Faccia.. I'll be just fine I'm sure. Thank you for thinking of me!

06-03-2008, 03:11 PM
My heart is currently operating at 17% of it's total function, which is barely life sustaining. I am being placed on the heart transplant list and hopefully my story will have a happy ending.

Dude, this totally happened to Tony Stark and he wound up learning how to fly and bagging all the hot chicks.

You'll be fine, after all, those Slurpees ain't gonna serve themselves.

Buena Suerte Mi Amigo.

DarkReign
06-03-2008, 03:25 PM
Dude, this totally happened to Tony Stark and he wound up learning how to fly and bagging all the hot chicks.

You'll be fine, after all, those Slurpees ain't gonna serve themselves.

Buena Suerte Mi Amigo.

:lmao

Keep your head up, Dan.

Worst comes to worse; two words....

Chinese Organs

CharlieMac
06-03-2008, 10:13 PM
What the fuck dude?

Manny was right. The only logical solution to this is a BBQ Plate sale. You know we'll all get drunk, and someone is bound to get stabbed over looking at someone's "woman" wrong. Bam, there's your new heart.

I'm really sorry to hear that. I hadn't talked to you in a while and its been like three months since I chatted with your brother. You're in my thoughts and prayers. If you ever want to hang out and talk, call me. If you ever need to listen to someone talk, Manis.......

PakiDan
06-04-2008, 10:20 AM
What the fuck dude?

Manny was right. The only logical solution to this is a BBQ Plate sale. You know we'll all get drunk, and someone is bound to get stabbed over looking at someone's "woman" wrong. Bam, there's your new heart.

I'm really sorry to hear that. I hadn't talked to you in a while and its been like three months since I chatted with your brother. You're in my thoughts and prayers. If you ever want to hang out and talk, call me. If you ever need to listen to someone talk, Manis.......

:lol :lol :lol - Manis! I'll call you dude... it's been a while since we talked. Still in school?

Melmart1
06-04-2008, 10:26 AM
you should put up some of those jars, with xerox copies of your picture on them, in mexican restaurants around town

Bad idea. Put a picture of a Paki up and I bet people will think they are sponsoring terrorism isntead of helping him get a new heart. I'd love to see the reaction of the lapel flag pin set on that one :lol

06-04-2008, 11:03 AM
Bad idea. Put a picture of a Paki up and I bet people will think they are sponsoring terrorism isntead of helping him get a new heart. I'd love to see the reaction of the lapel flag pin set on that one :lol

Sweet baby Jeebus on a pogo stick Mel, think OUTSIDE the box.

Just darken up the Xerox a bit and say he's a Cuban exile who escaped Castro's jail by riding on an inner tube through shark infested waters during Katrina, and evaded Reno's/Clinton's deportation attempt and all the stress and strain means he needs a new ticker.

Flag pin set will be all over that like white on rice...

Either that or say he's a former Iraqi interpreter for the US who had to flee because Al-Queda has put a price on his head.

He'll need a turban for the picture though.......

And a bible in one hand and a pic of Rev Hagee in the other......

peewee's lovechild
06-04-2008, 11:07 AM
Maybe we can get some help from Al-Jazeera.

Soul_Patch
06-05-2008, 03:44 PM
I am glad you are keeping your spirits up, that is one of the most important things!

Best of luck to you man. i dont even know you, but i truly hate to see someone go through something like this.

lefty
06-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Good luck Dan.

The ST community is behind you.

alamo50
06-07-2008, 04:52 PM
All the strength in the world Paki, from one heart patient to another.

MannyIsGod
06-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Sweet baby Jeebus on a pogo stick Mel, think OUTSIDE the box.

Just darken up the Xerox a bit and say he's a Cuban exile who escaped Castro's jail by riding on an inner tube through shark infested waters during Katrina, and evaded Reno's/Clinton's deportation attempt and all the stress and strain means he needs a new ticker.

Flag pin set will be all over that like white on rice...

Either that or say he's a former Iraqi interpreter for the US who had to flee because Al-Queda has put a price on his head.

He'll need a turban for the picture though.......

And a bible in one hand and a pic of Rev Hagee in the other......

We could just put a nasty Jerry Curl wig on him and say he's the dude from Lost.

Slydragon
06-07-2008, 06:39 PM
I got it get one of your car bomb buddies to switch hearts with you before he goes on his last ride. Tell him it will add 3 more women waiting for him in the after life.

RashoFan
06-07-2008, 08:38 PM
I got it get one of your car bomb buddies to switch hearts with you before he goes on his last ride. Tell him it will add 3 more women waiting for him in the after life.

:lol

Nah, tell him he will get another 72 virgins, because his heart will live on longer to carry out the jihad.

tsb2000
06-08-2008, 12:14 AM
God Bless you Paki. Keep everyone posted as to how you're doing. :)

DPG21920
07-31-2008, 10:44 PM
I do not know you, but I will keep you in my prayers. Keep a positive attitude, that will see you through a lot of things in this world.

PakiDan
08-01-2008, 11:46 AM
I do not know you, but I will keep you in my prayers. Keep a positive attitude, that will see you through a lot of things in this world.

Thank you... I really do appreciate it. :)

SpursFanFirst
10-26-2008, 07:21 AM
I usually don't come in the Club, so I just saw this thread for the first time.

There hasn't been a post in here from you, Pakidan, in a while. Is there an update?
I certainly wish you all the best!

And to those with anxiety...I'm right there with you.
I've never done a drug, and I rarely drink, so I can't say mine could be due to similar reasons.
Mind came on suddenly back in October, but I wasn't dx until January.
I'll have to get back in the habit of exercising regularly. Hopefully that will help!

But again, good luck to you, PD. Take care, and I'll be looking for an update!

PakiDan
10-26-2008, 01:07 PM
I usually don't come in the Club, so I just saw this thread for the first time.

There hasn't been a post in here from you, Pakidan, in a while. Is there an update?
I certainly wish you all the best!

And to those with anxiety...I'm right there with you.
I've never done a drug, and I rarely drink, so I can't say mine could be due to similar reasons.
Mind came on suddenly back in October, but I wasn't dx until January.
I'll have to get back in the habit of exercising regularly. Hopefully that will help!

But again, good luck to you, PD. Take care, and I'll be looking for an update!

Thanks Spurs Fan,

I am doing ok so far... My meds seem to be controlling the problem. I get another echo at the end of the month to check my heart function... but so far so good.

SpursFanFirst
10-26-2008, 04:22 PM
Thanks Spurs Fan,

I am doing ok so far... My meds seem to be controlling the problem. I get another echo at the end of the month to check my heart function... but so far so good.

Good luck!

LaMarcus Bryant
10-26-2008, 05:26 PM
Stay strong brothah.

cherylsteele
10-26-2008, 09:33 PM
Sorry to hear about your heart trouble. Could it be a bad heart valve that can be corrected surgically, or is definite it is the heart as a whole?

31 is kinda young. I have had cataract surgery in both eyes and I am 44. I know it is not nearly as serious as your problem, but I came out well, and you will too.
Your situation urges me to the doctor to get a thorough check-up.

Do you have any type of insurance that will help you?

Some sort of fund raiser is in order.

tlongII
10-26-2008, 09:59 PM
tlongII make it rain!

--