PDA

View Full Version : Fatigue is the reason.

MiamiHeat
05-29-2008, 10:25 PM
Spurs are tired.

Lakers had to go through denver and utah?

Spurs had to go through Suns and Hornets.....

not to mention the Hornets series went 7 games and the Spurs had to play extra hard against the Suns too. Phoenix was a good team.

If Spurs were NOT this fatigued, they would beat the Lakers or it's a 7 game series.

whatever, I knew this would happen when I saw Gasol for Kwame Brown.

I still do not respect KoMe Bryant. It's a stacked team. Lakers fourth best player is Lamar Odom.......wow.

MiamiHeat
05-29-2008, 10:49 PM
game over. spurs lose due to fatigue

KobeOwnsBowen
05-29-2008, 10:51 PM
Lame excuse. The Lakers are just better and are going to win the Championship. Spurs need to get younger as they are too slow.

MiamiHeat
05-29-2008, 10:54 PM
no, the lakers are just stacked and thats how they will win the championship

spurs are better team. lakers are just product of derek fisher lying and pau gasol cheat trade.

mikekim
05-29-2008, 10:57 PM
Really, it's not like the Spurs are some lottery team now. Lakers were fresh and were on a nice roll this entire playoffs. Fatigue isn't an excuse...it's what happened. Spurs are one Manu Ginobili ankle (and some younger legs on the bench) away from being a contender next season.

KobeOwnsBowen
05-29-2008, 11:10 PM
Really, it's not like the Spurs are some lottery team now. Lakers were fresh and were on a nice roll this entire playoffs. Fatigue isn't an excuse...it's what happened. Spurs are one Manu Ginobili ankle (and some younger legs on the bench) away from being a contender next season.
Bowen, Finley, Horry, Thomas, Oberto, and Barry. All those players are on their last legs. Free agency or a trade is the only way for you to be contenders.

T Park
05-29-2008, 11:12 PM
Yeah, games 1 and 5 they just ran out of gas.

The 7 game series against New Orleans killed the team.

The effort and heart was there, but the body just wouldn't allow.

Hell of an effort boys.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-29-2008, 11:12 PM
Unless there's a new injection of some under thirties and some fortuitous trades to go our way (getting Mike Miller?)

I'm not confident for 2009. 2008, seemed like the best opportunity for the fifth ship with our main guys.

KobeOwnsBowen
05-29-2008, 11:17 PM
Yeah, games 1 and 5 they just ran out of gas.

The 7 game series against New Orleans killed the team.

The effort and heart was there, but the body just wouldn't allow.

Hell of an effort boys.
Your team had 4 days rest before game 7. That is like starting off a new series. Fatigue is no excuse here. You guys need to get quicker.

MiamiHeat
05-30-2008, 01:54 AM
wrong

T Park
05-30-2008, 01:55 AM
I have no life.

mytespurs
05-30-2008, 01:58 AM
Spurs are tired.

not to mention the Hornets series went 7 games and the Spurs had to play extra hard against the Suns too. Phoenix was a good team.

If Spurs were NOT this fatigued, they would beat the Lakers or it's a 7 game series.

I still do not respect KoMe Bryant. It's a stacked team. Lakers fourth best player is Lamar Odom.......wow.

No excuses....the better team (LA Lakers) won this series.

Lionheart_Turiaf21
05-30-2008, 02:03 AM

spurs are better team. lakers are just product of derek fisher lying and pau gasol cheat trade.

Miami's only championship is a product of the Shaq trade.. So you're in no position to comment on unfair trades. Thanks for Lamar and Caron though, without that trade we would be where we are now.

If Spurs were a better team, Fatigue shouldn't be a factor. I just don't get this argument.. Easily Fatigued Team = better team.. :rolleyes

Don't get me wrong, The Spurs is a great team, but they deserve more than using the "fatigue" excuse.. IMHO..

mikekim
05-30-2008, 02:08 AM
No excuses....the better team (LA Lakers) won this series.

No excuses...only reasons.

One of those reasons was that the Lakers played excellent ball. Another one was fatigue. Yet another was Manu's ankle. And many more.

The sigificance of each varies but all of them contributed significantly to the Spurs losing. I'm tired of this "no excuses" bullshit. Fatigue/Manu's ankle weren't the primary reasons for being eliminated, but they were significant factors. That's merely stating a fact.

Yes, every playoff team deals with fatigue, but the quick turnaround, game 7 vs. hornets, and plane complications really snowballed and worked against us for a great opportunity to take game 1.

And Manu...what a difference a 100% Manu would've made. PHX series Manu would've at least made this series more entertaining.

KobeOwnsBowen
05-30-2008, 02:11 AM
You have no Life
Says the person with 44,374 posts. :rollin

Lionheart_Turiaf21
05-30-2008, 02:14 AM
No excuses...only reasons.

One of those reasons was that the Lakers played excellent ball. Another one was fatigue. Yet another was Manu's ankle. And many more.

The sigificance of each varies but all of them contributed significantly to the Spurs losing. I'm tired of this "no excuses" bullshit. Fatigue/Manu's ankle weren't the primary reasons for being eliminated, but they were significant factors. That's merely stating a fact.

Yes, every playoff team deals with fatigue, but the quick turnaround, game 7 vs. hornets, and plane complications really snowballed and worked against us for a great opportunity to take game 1.

And Manu...what a difference a 100% Manu would've made. PHX series Manu would've at least made this series more entertaining.

I just posted something similar to this on another thread. If Manu was 100%, he would've given us hell. I've always like Manu's game, nothing but respect for the guy. If he showed up in this series like he did in Game 3, then this series would've gone the distance.. But Gluck this offseason and we'll be definitely be ready for another San Antonio and L.A. Battle.

hsxvvd
05-30-2008, 02:58 AM
1 day rest between games killed us. Manu played terrible in the Hornets series too, on one day rest. Games with 2 days rest we played twice as good.

We needed to make better use of our depth, but our benched sucked in this series.

We need an infusion of new blood. Speed & Length.

21_Blessings
05-30-2008, 03:02 AM
Kobe is the reason

21_Blessings
05-30-2008, 03:04 AM
ser

We need an infusion of new blood. Speed & Length.

With what capspace and draft picks? :toast

Nice avatar though Chopper was a great movie

hsxvvd
05-30-2008, 03:20 AM
Kurt Thomas, Horry, Stoudamire & Finley all come off the books, we have cap space and a championship nucleas. Attracting free agents hasn't proven to be too difficult, even for less than market value.

1st rounder and 2nd rounders.

Mahimi and Splitter (Obviously later not likely)
We also have other euros stashed away.

Dopey310
05-30-2008, 03:28 AM
Spurs are tired.

Fatigue is part of the game. There's a reason why they play 82 regular season games. HCA and matchups can be huge. Spurs have no one to blame but themselves for having a tougher road in the playoffs. They could've clinched 1 seed if they beat the Lakers in the last regular season matchup. Anyways Miami Heat is a joke. "Kome" is 10 times the player DWhistle wishes he can be. I hope Whistle was watching this series to see how a real superstar take over playoff games without parading to the free throw line.

KobeOwnsBowen
05-30-2008, 03:37 AM
Kobe is the reason
Yep and <-- see my screen name. Enough said.

ata
05-30-2008, 03:55 AM
Lakers are good and Pop has found his match.

Game 1 is on Pop - now hurts even more.

temujin
05-30-2008, 04:10 AM
Your team had 4 days rest before game 7. That is like starting off a new series. Fatigue is no excuse here. You guys need to get quicker.

You have never a played a single basketball game.

You have no job posting here.

Get lost.

stealth21
05-30-2008, 04:14 AM
Lakers had the easy route to the WCF, even L.A. homer has to admit that.
Luck and health are usually needed to get to the finals, L.A. had both.
Go Pistons...crush L.A. again!!!

temujin
05-30-2008, 04:34 AM
Fatigue is ONE reason.

The FO just wanted to give this great group of players the chance to repeat.

Fair enough.

In the end it ALL came down on Manu's ankle.

Too bad that by doing that, they locked some positions and missed big opportunities.

-3 years contract at 10.5 M for Oberto is bad.
-Passing on Scola was worse.
-Extension to Vaughn was a mistake.

Passing on Scola AND drafting Splitter might be even worse, if he renews with Tau.

Spurs will still win 55 games and advance in the playoffs.
The time for championships, though, might be through.

I am sure Stern is not crying for that.

Guajalote
05-30-2008, 06:31 AM
Fatigue is part of the game. There's a reason why they play 82 regular season games. HCA and matchups can be huge. Spurs have no one to blame but themselves for having a tougher road in the playoffs. They could've clinched 1 seed if they beat the Lakers in the last regular season matchup. Anyways Miami Heat is a joke. "Kome" is 10 times the player DWhistle wishes he can be. I hope Whistle was watching this series to see how a real superstar take over playoff games without parading to the free throw line.

I'm sure Utah fans would like a word with you on that one.

cobbler
05-30-2008, 06:36 AM

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:p_TjVdm62S9FNM:http://www.sallyminker.com

ballhog
05-30-2008, 07:50 AM
Yeah, Lakers would have been more fatigued as well if they had to play series against Suns and Hornets (7 games). There'll come a time within the next few years when Kobe legs are gonna lose a little and that'll be the end of the Lakers.

florige
05-30-2008, 08:04 AM
Unless there's a new injection of some under thirties and some fortuitous trades to go our way (getting Mike Miller?)

I'm not confident for 2009. 2008, seemed like the best opportunity for the fifth ship with our main guys.

Thats what I'm thinking too. Someone else mentioned that we should maybe break the bank and get Brand. But I'm not sure about or money situation. I too bummed to even think about that right now...:depressed

Spurminator
05-30-2008, 08:53 AM
Stamina is part of the game. Yeah I think the Spurs could have beaten the Lakers if they had played in round 1 instead of round 3, but that's not how it works. To be a Champion you have to make it through and 82-game season and four Playoff rounds and the Spurs couldn't do it.