PDA

View Full Version : Raise Your Hand If You Knew The Spurs Were Done After the Gasol Trade

Ghost Writer
05-29-2008, 11:11 PM
:flipoff

I mean, you knew the Spurs could not answer the Lakers' Kobe, Gasol, Bynum and Odom.

Getting Kurt Thomas gave a little hope, but deep inside you knew it was over after that Gasol ripoff trade.

I don't see how replacing a few veteran free agents with the usual sh1t that no other team wants is going to close the gap.

What happens with a healthy Bynum.

Ghost Writer
05-29-2008, 11:50 PM
No one else thought the deck was too stacked?

Wait til they get Bynum back next year.

Hopefully we'll get someone good off waivers.

ducks
05-29-2008, 11:54 PM
no
I thought manu would have went off against them
I also thought lakers d would not be that great
I also thought spurs would get a bigger break between series before facing lakers and between games

Marcus Bryant
05-29-2008, 11:55 PM
http://johnochwat.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/middle_finger.jpg

Raise your middle finger if you think Ghost needs it.

nin666
05-29-2008, 11:56 PM
The moment that trade happened my hopes for a repeat title greatly diminished. All of the bandwagon Laker fans in Cali then started to show up out of nowhere. Where the fuck were you people the past four years?

T Park
05-29-2008, 11:56 PM
If the Spurs win the Hornet's series in 5 or 6 and have more time off this series is 180 degrees different.

Don't see why you can't see that.

ducks
05-29-2008, 11:57 PM
spurs did not run out of gas in game one
spurs would have won the game
I think pop rest manu in game 2 and manu plays well in game 3 and 4

Mr. Peabody
Well, I knew the naysayers would be out in full force if we lost. Do I get credit for that?

Pistons < Spurs
Once the trade took place I thought the Lakers would be the best team in the League. The best individual player, the deepest bench, and then a quality big man added to the mix.

But once It was obvious Bynum wouldn't be able to contribute, I thought you all had a chance.

They'll be scary next year.

Hopefully you guys get creative in the off season and add some fresh blood to the mix!

CharlieMac
Ghost is kind of a whiney bitch tonight.

m33p0
:flipoff
manu was MIA.

Jayem
05-29-2008, 11:58 PM
check the post history, i called it

SRJ
Hindsight forum.

T Park

Tonight?

ChumpDumper
Ghost is kind of a whiney bitch tonight.What do you mean "tonight"?

ElNono
05-29-2008, 11:59 PM
Do you really need to start a new thread for every tought that crosses your mind?
You already have a Venting thread. Go vent over there.

turiaf for president
pop raised his hand

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hc4dQtXd8ns&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hc4dQtXd8ns&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

CharlieMac
I don't come here much anymore. Except to read up on Splitter fucking us.

beachwood
05-30-2008, 12:00 AM
Not at all.

The biggest surprise, or disappointment, was Ginobili's play. Never in a million years did I expect him to have such a horrible series.

I really hope he comes back strong next season.

kevm2
05-30-2008, 12:02 AM
It was obvious the Spurs were going to have problems when you seen several teams get dramatically better, yet the FO did virtually nothing in the offseason. Our team was loaded with dinosaurs, and the bench was so shoddily built, you hardly ever saw most of the players on the floor for any significant time. This is what we get for the "save money" strategy that has been going on... The stupidity was only furthered when we gave away Scola for peanuts because 'his contract was too expensive.' It's going to piss me off to a great degree if we waste yet another year of Duncan by surrounding him with old duds because it 'keeps us under the cap.' Bring Mahinmi and Splitter here.

Our big men really SUCK other than Duncan. Kurt Thomas is ok at times... but these playoffs really showed us how pathetic our bigs were when I see other teams constantly getting alley-oops, with their bigs slamming it in all the time... and our big men can barely do anything but swat away rebounds.

This team needs a revamping. A serious one at that. Replacing one or two pieces isn't going to get it done. I say anyone is tradeable but Duncan IF the right offer comes along. I wouldn't go about a fire sale, but if we could somehow get a superstar for Ginobili, we consider it. We need to get younger QUICK. Our bench needs a complete cleaning out. Did Stoudamire or Vaughn even touch the floor other than in garbage time? Pathetic. This team reminded me nothing of the vintage Spurs. Where was our feared defense? Most series I remember us winning because of our offense mostly. Our defense was passable, but nowhere near 'the best in the league' like we used to be known for. That starts with us getting young guys. These old guys can't keep up and run with all of the younger teams out there.

Mr. Body
05-30-2008, 12:03 AM
I was expecting some karma payback for one of the most lopsided trades in sports history.

Also, I can't believe the Spurs gave up a 1st rounder for Kurt Thomas. Second bad move of the year.

ChumpDumper
05-30-2008, 12:06 AM
I was expecting some karma payback for one of the most lopsided trades in sports history.

Also, I can't believe the Spurs gave up a 1st rounder for Kurt Thomas. Second bad move of the year.Our low first round picks never miss!

Mr. Body
05-30-2008, 12:08 AM
Our low first round picks never miss!

Well, that one certainly will.

kevm2
05-30-2008, 12:11 AM
Yeah, giving away a first rounder for Kurt Thomas was awfully stupid. The FO has been making several stupid moves as of late. Ithought we were always celebrated for getting over on other teams, but we give away Scola for nothing and give away a first rounder on a team that needs youth for a guy who is a free agent in this upcoming season? We also gave Barbosa to the Phoenix Suns as well. Is Mahinmi or Splitter ever going to come over here, or did we trade one of these guys for a 36 year old washed up vet in a trade I was unaware of? Maybe we'll let them rot overseas! Oh wait, we're saving the franchise some money! So in that light, we're making excellent moves!

DDS4
05-30-2008, 12:17 AM
IMO, Gasol is a nice piece for them, but I think Kobe is just playing at a different level than anybody else this year. And Gasol took some pressure off of Odom to be the #2 guy.

The Spurs just ran out of gas and couldn't score.

Lake_show
05-30-2008, 12:20 AM
Not at all.

The biggest surprise, or disappointment, was Ginobili's play. Never in a million years did I expect him to have such a horrible series.

I really hope he comes back strong next season.

He averaged 14 points on 31% in the regular season against LA. :rollin

WCFBaby
05-30-2008, 12:20 AM

tonight?

Bandwagon Fan
05-30-2008, 12:30 AM
I agree

hsxvvd
05-30-2008, 01:33 AM
GW 1,000,000+ post band wagon fan. Only comes out at the trade deadline and when the season is over. Will you be around for the draft?

duncan_21
05-30-2008, 01:47 AM
I guess I'll spout off my 2 cents. I felt if bynum got healthy that the spurs IF healthy had a 50/50 shot of beating the lakers in 7 with/out home court. If manu is healthy the spurs win this series. Kobe is clearly the best player this year in the nba.

Next year if odom/bynum/gasol/kobe are healthy it's going to take some big moves to beat them next year.

KobeOwnsBowen
05-30-2008, 01:51 AM
The whole league was done after the Gasol trade. Kobe finally has help and that spells doom for the league.

T Park
05-30-2008, 01:56 AM

Also, I can't believe the Spurs gave up a 1st rounder for Kurt Thomas. Second bad move of the year.

Were you saying that after he shut down Shaq and got the Spurs past the Suns in 5?

Uh no...

You were not shockingly, ABSENT.

mikekim
05-30-2008, 02:01 AM
hell no.

The moment I knew the Spurs were done was when I realized that Manu wasn't close to being his normal, explosive self tonight in game 5. All my hopes for this game (and a spurs series comeback) were riding on his ankle, and whether or not it would be healed enough.

I knew after his first few attempts that the miraculous recovery did not happen.

Horry For 3!
05-30-2008, 02:05 AM
If Im the Spurs, I break the bank for Brand. All those other roll players come a dime a dozen.

Or, go after Monta Ellis, and trade Ginobli for Artest.

I agree with goin after Brand but Ginobili for Artest wouldn't be good. Spurs just need to get younger and more athlethic.

SenorSpur
05-30-2008, 02:30 AM

Especially when the burned a 1st rounder last year for a Euro player, who we'll likely never see in a Spurs uniform. Thanks R.C. Wanna try some domestic players now? :whine

hsxvvd
05-30-2008, 03:51 AM
Especially when the burned a 1st rounder last year for a Euro player, who we'll likely never see in a Spurs uniform. Thanks R.C. Wanna try some domestic players now? :whine

All we had to show from the 1st rounders since 2002 is a few crap years of Beno and Mahinmi. Ouch. You can't go that long with no youth, without starting to feel it.

We MUST DRAFT a player who is ready to PLAY NOW!

ShoogarBear
05-30-2008, 04:51 AM
http://wvutoday.wvu.edu/images/2006/1775/44bf7e1fbaf37_md.jpg

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-30-2008, 07:09 AM
http://johnochwat.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/middle_finger.jpg

Raise your middle finger if you think Ghost needs it.

Fake Dynasty
05-30-2008, 07:26 AM
Manu's injury is overrated. There was one game in this series where the Lakers didn't stop him from going left. He scored 30 in that game. The rest of the series, they turned him into a passer. Manu told your ass that he felt better with each game, and that he was just playing bad. Stop making excuses. Manu just got defended. The Spurs thrive when he and Tony are driving opponents crazy with their drives to the lane. That shit was put on pause in this series because the Lakers made it a priority. That's why Timmy had several huge games. The Lakers' priority was shutting down the lane and keeping Manu to his right... they accomplished both and aside from a few incredible moves that Tony Parker does in his sleep, they were able to keep him out of the lane causing havoc and were able to make Manu more of a jumpshooter and passer than a driver. Manu is streaky and when he's at his best is when he keeps the defense honest with his threat to drive. The Lakers took that threat away for most of the series.

Please with this injury stuff. Phil Jackson simply outcoached Pop this time around. Respect that.

41times
05-30-2008, 07:58 AM
The entire Western Conference was done after the Gasol trade.

leemajors
05-30-2008, 08:08 AM
http://wvutoday.wvu.edu/images/2006/1775/44bf7e1fbaf37_md.jpg

In the middle of the celebration was former Lakers executive Jerry West, most recently of the Memphis Grizzlies.