PDA

View Full Version : Where is Scola ? Wheres is Rasho? Where is Beno?

ginobili fan
05-29-2008, 11:13 PM
Shit

ChumpDumper
05-29-2008, 11:14 PM
Already fishing.

MarceloM!
05-29-2008, 11:14 PM
What a mistake that Scola trade! i can't still believe it.

Critter
05-29-2008, 11:15 PM
what did you guys even get for scola?

ginobili fan
05-29-2008, 11:16 PM
Don't know and don't even want to know

Mr. Body
Udrih was drafted right with Vujacic and somehow the Lakes got a good player. The Spurs failed to develop Udrih, but that's more than likely the dumbass little Slovenian's fault.

Rasho was never that great. Fail to see a loss there.

Trading Scola was mutherfocking awful. I could forsee this kind of loss when we traded him. WHY THE FUCK DID WE DO THAT???

ChumpDumper
Don't know and don't even want to knowGood to know you are knowledgeable.

T Park
05-29-2008, 11:17 PM
The Spurs failed to develop Udrih, but that's more than likely the dumbass little Slovenian's fault.

Noooo, you think?

ChumpDumper
05-29-2008, 11:17 PM
Udrih was drafted right with Vujacic and somehow the Lakes got a good player. The Spurs failed to develop Udrih, but that's more than likely the dumbass little Slovenian's fault.

Trading Scola was mutherfocking awful. I could forsee this kind of loss when we traded him. WHY THE FUCK DID WE DO THAT???Luxury tax, luxury tax and luxury tax.

K-State Spur
05-29-2008, 11:18 PM
People will bitch about Beno, but there was no reason to expect him to develop on this team (and I'm not blaming Pop).

He is what he is - a good player for a bad team. Raise the stakes - or put Lindsey Hunter on the floor - and his value significantly lessens.

odogg726
05-29-2008, 11:19 PM
And Udrih was killing the Lakers in the 2 games he played in earlier this year.

T Park
Hes the smaller slovenian version of Hedo Turkoglu.

Mr. Body
Luxury tax, luxury tax and luxury tax.

Then why resign Bonner? Was that ever a good idea?

caŽlo
05-29-2008, 11:20 PM

a toothpick and a table napkin.

basically for what the lakers gave for gasol

Bruno
05-29-2008, 11:21 PM
:lol @ at the thought of Scola defending Odom or Gasol.

ginobili fan
05-29-2008, 11:21 PM
:lol @ at the thought of Scola defending Odom or Gasol.

But at least he can score

21_Blessings
05-29-2008, 11:22 PM
Then why resign Bonner? Was that ever a good idea?

Heh. Bonner's contract is pretty much going to screw the Spurs chances at signing a worthwhile free agent this offseason.

Also the Kurt trade was terrible considerin the spurs gave up their first rounder and Tiago is bitchmade.

ChumpDumper
05-29-2008, 11:23 PM
Then why resign Bonner? Was that ever a good idea?That has nothing to do with it.

ChumpDumper
05-29-2008, 11:24 PM
Heh. Bonner's contract is pretty much going to screw the Spurs chances at signing a worthwhile free agent this offseason. Except it won't

Heh.

Indazone
05-29-2008, 11:29 PM
http://lh3.ggpht.com/marianopr/SAkyqidfmbI/AAAAAAAABjU/AtTaY-xMjsc/P1010414.JPG?imgmax=512

:nutkick:

:tu

intlspurshk
05-30-2008, 04:44 AM
Why talk about Rasho & Beno? We are happy that they have been traded or let go. They were not useful and it's good that they are successful in other team but they were useless when they were with SPURS.

temujin
05-30-2008, 04:53 AM

What Memphis got for Gasol.

ata
05-30-2008, 04:57 AM

Trading Scola was mutherfocking awful. I could forsee this kind of loss when we traded him. WHY THE FUCK DID WE DO THAT???

I don't miss Beno, he isn't able to bring it off the bench

Rasho is better than any C on the Spurs's roster has been after his trade. However, he was to expensive - i.e. low value/cost ratio in Pop's system (no offence for Rasho)

Scola - who knows how would he cooperate with Pop. He is the victim of luxury tax.

Texas_Ranger
05-30-2008, 05:16 AM
Right now I really miss Rasho!!

Spurs need some center, cause OBERTO SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!:madrun

GaryJohnston
05-30-2008, 05:18 AM
Losing Scola and the youth and energy he would of provided stings.

Harry Callahan
05-30-2008, 05:33 AM

You obviously didn't watch play Beno play with the Spurs much while Beno was here. You would understand what he is. A scrub when something is on lthe line. He'll look good on a losing team with no pressure.

sendman
05-30-2008, 05:50 AM
You obviously didn't watch play Beno play with the Spurs much while Beno was here. You would understand what he is. A scrub when something is on lthe line. He'll look good on a losing team with no pressure.
Yeah, you and T Park are the experts, tell them!:lmao
Word is that T Park missed whole series because his head was so deep in Tony Parkers butt and that led to Parkers less then stellar production on the court.

Matchman
05-30-2008, 05:50 AM
Even tho im a Rockets fan, i dont think Scola could save the Spurs. Scola just doesnt have the experience and he gets rookie calls alot. Scola was this good during the playoffs only because he was a starter for 1/2 of the regular season, something which the Spurs cannot give to Scola.

romain.star
05-30-2008, 05:53 AM
Fuck Scola.

endrity
05-30-2008, 06:13 AM
Scola would have been better on the boards, where the Spurs suffered a lot. He would have scored off Duncan much better, to save them through their scoring droughts.

And I think he could have defended Odom better than Oberto. He is younger, and a little quicker than Oberto. I don't know if that means they win the series, but it means they have a better chance.

The Spurs blew it big time with the Scola trade, no question about it. And they are about to commit the same mistake with Splitter.

While I do understand the comments about Beno, I don't know why people hate on Rasho so much. He is a very dependable, average center. He is big, rebounds, defends well. The Spurs overreacted after 06, when Dirk threw their scheme off, but it was crazy to pretend Rasho or Nazr could defend Dirk anyway.

ArgSpursFan.
05-30-2008, 08:19 AM
I told ya Mofos!
Scola was the Key to reapet this year and most of you thought He was gonna be a bust.
WE lost to the fucking Lakers cause our Frontcourt Sucks mayor ass, and there's no help for Timmy in the paint.
Now Spliter flips on the Spurs,Ian is still a prospect,Horry is done,and Bonner..............................well Bonner is just being Bonner,not his fault.
This is my last Motherfucking post in this forum,so don't bother quoting me back.
You all can go to hell,you motherfucking Blind Homers(except for a few).
The good times are over in San Antonio,thanks to the FO.
They wasted Tim's last years at his best.+Manu aint the same Manu as He was in the past,and Tony keeps playing like a SG instead of passing the motherfucking BALL.
Fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MaNuMaNiAc
05-30-2008, 08:22 AM
I told ya Mofos!
Scola was the Key to reapet this year and most of you thought He was gonna be a bust.
WE lost to the fucking Lakers cause our Frontcourt Sucks mayor ass, and there's no help for Timmy in the paint.
Now Spliter flips on the Spurs,Ian is still a prospect,Horry is done,and Bonner..............................well Bonner is just being Bonner,not his fault.
This is my last Motherfucking post in this forum,so don't bother quoting me back.
You all can go to hell,you motherfucking Blind Homers(except for a few).
The good times are over in San Antonio,thanks to the FO.
They wasted Tim's last years at his best.+Manu aint the same Manu as He was in the past,and Tony keeps playing like a SG instead of passing the motherfucking BALL.
Fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey fucking pussy! I own your sig, your avatar and your title bitch! way to show your face after losing you pathetic piece of shit!

SenorSpur
05-30-2008, 08:44 AM
In case there are some who are wondering about Beno, I found this article:

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/52751/20080529/could_kings_lose_udrih_and_johnson/

Could Kings Lose Udrih And Johnson? May 29, 2008 - 5:42 pm

The Sacramento Bee -
The Kings could lose point guards Beno Udrih and Anthony Johnson through free agency so Geoff Petrie is looking for help everywhere, according to The Sacramento Bee.

"You know," the Kings' basketball president said, "when the season starts, we're going to have to have some point guards."

Both Udrih and Johnson will hit the market on July 1, and Petrie realizes that there's a possibility that both could leave.

"We'll look at the draft, we'll obviously look at our free agents, we'll look at trading and we'll look at signing," Petrie said.

DarrinS
05-30-2008, 08:49 AM
None of those guys would've helped the SPurs against the Lakers.

Please, enough with the foreign players already.

MadDog73
05-30-2008, 08:58 AM
Right now I really miss Rasho!!

Spurs need some center, cause OBERTO SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!:madrun

But Rasho wasn't great either...

Didn't Thomas have a typical Rasho night last light?

11 pts, 7 reb.

But honestly, I'm not sure Centers is where the Spurs need to be looking.

mrspurs
05-30-2008, 09:23 AM
beno was no scrub...beno was alot better back up then jacque,barry, and mighty mouse, we got bonner for rasho another mistake (duncan had no help, especially with someone who is 7foot not 6'9), we had that but we killed elson, and losing scolla was one of the biggest bonehead moves the spurs have made.....its the spurs organization that killed us this season, not our players, our old boys put up one heck of a fight...lets just hope they make alot of moves, cos if we come back with half of our players....making the PO's will be hard enough............go spurs go

K-State Spur
05-30-2008, 09:26 AM
Heh. Bonner's contract is pretty much going to screw the Spurs chances at signing a worthwhile free agent this offseason.

Also the Kurt trade was terrible considerin the spurs gave up their first rounder and Tiago is bitchmade.

I love all the Laker fans that are weighing in are offseason.

Hell, for all you know, we'll trade our 3 worst players for some other team's franchise player. It's been known to happen...

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-30-2008, 09:31 AM
Rasho, Sasha, Beno are none of them even best Slovenian player and Boki is not either. Jaka is best Slovenian player and he's not even so good himself.

Scola though is player Spurs should have kept and if they keeps him his very good friend Splitter would have come also.

DaDakota
05-30-2008, 09:32 AM
You guys got out from under Jackie Butler's contract which we in Houston still have on our books through NEXT year.

DD

velik_m
05-30-2008, 09:41 AM
Jaka is best Slovenian player

Umm... no, not even close.

dmac
05-30-2008, 09:44 AM
a toothpick and a table napkin.

basically for what the lakers gave for gasol

Who get's the toothpick next? I really need one.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-30-2008, 10:06 AM
Maybe I'm wrong about this, but I'm too lazy to check, didn't the Scola and Beno moves get us under the cap so that we could sign Udoka with out the luxury tax coming into play? Shit, I'll take Ime breaking the press over Beno. And assuming we still made the KT trade I doubt Scola would have seen much more time than Bonner in the postseason.

Hindsight being 20/20 I don't think the move cost a championship, and that's the only way it would have been unforgivable.

LakerLanny
05-30-2008, 10:31 AM

That is true. He was giving the Lakers a lot of trouble this season.

odogg726
05-30-2008, 10:59 AM

So you're telling me you'd rather have Vaughn on your team right now than Beno? A guard who can't do absolutely anything anymore over a guard who brings instant offense and gave the Lakers (the team that just bounced you guys out of the playoffs) fits every game he played? I'm telling you bro, against the Lakers, he looked like an all-star, and last time I checked, this is a game of matchups. But hey, if you guys wanna keep getting rid of guys like Beno and Scola for the likes of Vaughn and Berto, we won't stop you guys.

GSH
05-30-2008, 11:04 AM
Duncan needs someone who can be worthy of at least a little attention in the paint. My personal opinion is that one of the best measures of that is FT ateempts. If he can force someone to defend him aggressively enough to foul him, it will keep them from completely collapsing on Duncan.

Rasho, at his very best, averaged about 1 per game. Oberto averages less than 1 free throw per game. Rasho, at his very best, averaged about 1 per game. Scola averaged about 3 trips to the line per game in his rookie season.

To put that into perspective, in David Robinson's last season in the league, playing only 26 minutes per game, averaged about 3.3 attempts per game. Duncan averaged about 6 free throws per game this season. (In years past, he averaged 7-8.5 trips per game.)

Rasho was a eunuch - big and soft. He played weak when he was around the basket. He was deadly with his 10-12 foot jumper... in practice. I used to watch him in pre-games and he rarely ever missed. But when anyone even pretended to contest his shot, he couldn't make one to save his ass.

SenorSpur
05-30-2008, 11:08 AM
Silly me. I thought the plan, at least when Beno was traded, was to develop Darius Washington. Then suddenly, he's waived. Hell, if he wasn't going to give Wash a fair chance, why the hell did he get rid of Beno in the first place?

Instead, he decides to go with Jacque Vaughn as the primary backup - which was a disaster. He couldn't even hardly get on the floor during the playoffs. Then Pop compounds that mistake by courting and acquiring Damon Stoudamire, who turns out, was this year's Nick Van Exel.

It's no secret Pop held a grudge against Beno since the 2005 NBA Finals. I'm not saying that Beno didn't deserve it, but watching the way Tony got worn down during the playoffs, Pop should've had a better fallback plan in place.

For the life of me, I can't understand what the fuck Pop thinks about sometimes. :bang

ata
05-30-2008, 12:52 PM
Silly me. I thought the plan, at least when Beno was traded, was to develop Darius Washington. Then suddenly, he's waived. Hell, if he wasn't going to give Wash a fair chance, why the hell did he get rid of Beno in the first place?

Instead, he decides to go with Jacque Vaughn as the primary backup - which was a disaster. He couldn't even hardly get on the floor during the playoffs. Then Pop compounds that mistake by courting and acquiring Damon Stoudamire, who turns out, was this year's Nick Van Exel.

It's no secret Pop held a grudge against Beno since the 2005 NBA Finals. I'm not saying that Beno didn't deserve it, but watching the way Tony got worn down during the playoffs, Pop should've had a better fallback plan in place.

For the life of me, I can't understand what the fuck Pop thinks about sometimes. :bang

Spurs don't get young players time to develop. Young player may contribute immediately or go.

PS: See Vujacic - it is his 4th year.

ata
05-30-2008, 12:53 PM
Rasho, Sasha, Beno are none of them even best Slovenian player and Boki is not either. Jaka is best Slovenian player and he's not even so good himself.

Scola though is player Spurs should have kept and if they keeps him his very good friend Splitter would have come also.

Thank you for conformation, that you have no clue about basketball whatsoever.

21_Blessings
05-30-2008, 01:24 PM
No, Sasha is best Slovenian payer

ata
05-30-2008, 01:26 PM
Check roster of current Euroleague Champion

Texas_Ranger
05-30-2008, 01:38 PM
No, Sasha is best Slovenian payer

He never played for the national team(not counting U22), so for me he's not a slovenian. And I never want to see that guy play for our team. Our team did a great job when they didn't invite him for the Qualification tournament.

Texas_Ranger
05-30-2008, 01:40 PM

For me Rasho is still the best SLO player right nw, but Smodis is right there near the top.

21_Blessings
05-30-2008, 01:53 PM
He never played for the national team(not counting U22), so for me he's not a slovenian. And I never want to see that guy play for our team. Our team did a great job when they didn't invite him for the Qualification tournament.

And thats why they suck.

sendman
05-30-2008, 02:36 PM
And thats why they suck.
Sad, but true!
A few years back, he was the best guard in Slovenian national team camp, but Slovenian coach cut him. From that time he is refusing to play for coach Pipan.
It would be great to have him instead Sani Becirovic and his bad wheels.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-30-2008, 03:06 PM

Smodis is great player in Euroleague but Jaka have been more important I think on national team. Smodis is great in Euroleague but he is not in true thing even as good as Scola.

Without Jaka your national team has suck.

sendman
05-30-2008, 03:35 PM
Smodis is great player in Euroleague but Jaka have been more important I think on national team. Smodis is great in Euroleague but he is not in true thing even as good as Scola.

Kill Bill...go jump some donkey!

Or even better, let that donkey jumps you.

ata
05-30-2008, 04:00 PM

:lol:lol

Smodis regulary ate Scola's lunch.

ata
05-30-2008, 04:01 PM
For me Rasho is still the best SLO player right nw, but Smodis is right there near the top.

Right now, they are even, however with being proved clutch, Smodis has an edge. (I hate to say that, being Rasho's fan)

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-30-2008, 04:02 PM
:lol:lol

Smodis regulary ate Scola's lunch.

How will Smodis do in NBA? He do not have stamina and energy in same level as Scola if ask me this is big difference.

ata
05-30-2008, 04:08 PM
He won't do anything in NBA, since he doesn't want to play in the NBA. He is payed equaly in Europe, and there he plays.
He is to injury prone, to be factor in NBA.
Stamina wise, Scola may be better, skills wise, he can only learn from Smodis.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-30-2008, 04:36 PM
It's funny because none of those guys would've helped us at all in the Lakers series.

T Park
05-30-2008, 04:58 PM

Beno failed.

Not pop.

manufor3
05-30-2008, 05:10 PM
Don't know and don't even want to know

Banned