PDA

View Full Version : Venting

Ghost Writer
05-29-2008, 11:20 PM
Duncan looked like an ordinary star in these playoffs.

Parker plays well when he's not a defensive priority.

Manu needs to stay healthy to be effective.

Bowen can't contain Kobe and sucks on offense.

Kurt Thomas could've made more of a difference in this series than Oberto, who doesn't do anything other than slap rebounds towards the midcourt.

The bench has too many old veterans that do the same things... and not that well or all that consistently.

The Spurs can't find a serviceable backup PG.

The Spurs don't give real minutes to anyone with any athleticism outside of the Big 3.

The Spurs did not play with a real sense of urgency in this series.

The Spurs looked old and tired.

The Spurs are committed financially to the Big Three (Duncan -32, Ginobili -31, Parker - 26), have no real money or means to surround them with viable talent to keep pace with the Lakers and Hornets or maybe even the Jazz next year.

I am afraid that the Spurs will be relegated to also-ran status over the next few seasons before becoming mediocre and then plain bad.

Please tell me that I am wrong.

ChumpDumper
05-29-2008, 11:21 PM
You're right.

spursfan09
05-29-2008, 11:22 PM
I just think they main reason was that they were too tired. They dug a hole against NO, climbed out of it, but then the Lakers were just too much

DDS4
05-29-2008, 11:25 PM
Emotions are raw right after getting eliminated.

A healthy Manu, a couple of pickups through FA to address our needs, a renewed focus and the Spurs will be right back into the mix.

2009 is an odd-numbered year. I wouldn't bet against us.

ballhog
05-29-2008, 11:32 PM
Yeah, what free agents wouldn't want to play in SA and have a chance to win it all next year??

Ghost Writer
05-29-2008, 11:49 PM
Yeah, what free agents wouldn't want to play in SA and have a chance to win it all next year??

Do you remember 2003 when we actually HAD money?

Buddy Holly
05-29-2008, 11:52 PM
Do you remember 2003 when we actually HAD money?

And we were going after Kidd and PJ Brown? Braf!

ElNono
05-29-2008, 11:54 PM
You are wrong, but whatever. Please close the door after you leave the bandwagon and please try to stay out of it if we manage to win again next year.

Anti.Hero
05-29-2008, 11:55 PM
Bowen sucks on offense? He was probably our best shooter! hahahahaha

Pablo Escobar
05-29-2008, 11:55 PM
fuck is all i can come up with right about now

deadratsam
05-30-2008, 12:09 AM
-I've said "fucking son of a bitch motherfucker" more times in this series than I probably ever have before.

-I hope Vujacic gets bit in the nether-region by a rabid rodent.

-Duncan might want to work on his free-throws.

Pablo Escobar
05-30-2008, 12:12 AM
man i feel so helpless its going to be hard to get over this one

slayermin
05-30-2008, 12:15 AM
This one hurt. It's gonna suck really bad when I hear it from all the Laker fans I know.

Of all the teams to lose to, we lose to the fucking lakers.

deadratsam
05-30-2008, 12:20 AM
When they lost in '06 I felt helpless. I was sluggish at work the next day and in the worst of moods.

Now I seem to have developed some sort of coping mechanism that allows me to remove myself from the equation and see that the blame lies on the players themselves. I'll be excited to watch them next season but for now a break is nice.

SequSpur
05-30-2008, 12:42 AM
:lmao at Ghostwriter.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-30-2008, 12:44 AM
This is a new disappointment, unlike, the 2006, 2004 seasons..those ended with a bang.

This one ended with a whimper....

Just so many hopes dashed. It just seemed like our year, especially with that Phoenix-Series and the New Orleans...aghhh

Mr. Peabody
05-30-2008, 12:45 AM
While we're venting - why is it so damn hot lately?

The other day I was walking from my car and a friend drove up and started talking to me from her car. She sat there running her A/C, while I was standing at her window sweating my ass off. I was like "Damn woman, don't you see me sweating my ass off."

SequSpur
05-30-2008, 12:46 AM
Spurs Fans need to realize Lakers were the better team. They destroyed the Spurs. And they have Bynum to add next year and the Spurs are washed up.

Mr. Peabody
05-30-2008, 12:49 AM
Also - everyone told me that the new Southern-Style Chicken Sandwich at McDonald's tasted just like a Chicken-Fil-A Sandwich. So I went and got one. It didn't taste anywhere near as good as a Chick-Fil-A Sandwich. Damn man. And I spent my Chick-Fil-A money at McDonald's.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-30-2008, 01:45 AM
Also - everyone told me that the new Southern-Style Chicken Sandwich at McDonald's tasted just like a Chicken-Fil-A Sandwich. So I went and got one. It didn't taste anywhere near as good as a Chick-Fil-A Sandwich. Damn man. And I spent my Chick-Fil-A money at McDonald's.

They don't put anything on the Southern Sandwich.

I"m surprised Spurs fan took this season end in stride so easily, unless the emotional ones already jumped off the bandwagon?
This loss sucked. I was surprised to see so many optimistic and acceptance threads immediately after the elimination.

Mr. Peabody
05-30-2008, 01:49 AM
They don't put anything on the Southern Sandwich.

Not true. They put two slices of pickle ala Chick-Fil-A.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-30-2008, 01:50 AM
Not true. They put two slices of pickle ala Chick-Fil-A.

I wanted the Southern Chicken Biscuit, they'd sell more and make more money if they offered that after breakfast.

Mr. Peabody
05-30-2008, 01:52 AM
I wanted the Southern Chicken Biscuit, they'd sell more and make more money if they offered that after breakfast.

Yeah, that Chicken Biscuit is pretty damn good, but I still prefer Chick-Fil-A.

Dim Tuncan
05-30-2008, 01:53 AM
I'll concede that Manu's injury changed how the series went down, but come on, Lakers have been playing without freakin' Bynum. Not to mention that Ariza only being healthy enough to play garbage time.

stealth21
05-30-2008, 03:57 AM
You are wrong, but whatever. Please close the door after you leave the bandwagon and please try to stay out of it if we manage to win again next year.

Exactly

rascal
05-30-2008, 04:37 AM
I just think they main reason was that they were too tired. They dug a hole against NO, climbed out of it, but then the Lakers were just too much

Most people have to work 5 days straight with no rest. You tell your boss your cannot perform because your too tired and see what happens.

The reason is the spurs lacked a good bench and were beaten by a better team talent wise.

The season was lost last summer when the spurs decided to keep the core team together instead of trying to get some younger better players. Other teams improved over the course of the year with their changes and passed the spurs out as better teams.

I'm surprised the spurs went as far as they did. They had a good year.

GaryJohnston
05-30-2008, 05:17 AM

Kurt Thomas could've made more of a difference in this series than Oberto, who doesn't do anything other than slap rebounds towards the midcourt.

The bench has too many old veterans that do the same things... and not that well or all that consistently.

The Spurs don't give real minutes to anyone with any athleticism outside of the Big 3.

The Spurs are committed financially to the Big Three (Duncan -32, Ginobili -31, Parker - 26), have no real money or means to surround them with viable talent to keep pace with the Lakers and Hornets or maybe even the Jazz next year.

I am afraid that the Spurs will be relegated to also-ran status over the next few seasons before becoming mediocre and then plain bad.

Dude, you are like a Spurs troll on a Spurs board. Enough with all the negative threads. Can't you keep them to one?

Ghost Writer
05-31-2008, 01:47 PM
No.

Someone tell me why it takes a painful loss for the Spurs to try and improve the roster.

ChumpDumper
05-31-2008, 01:49 PM
They always try.

Ghost Writer
05-31-2008, 01:56 PM
They always try.

Do they really?

Name the last ballsy trade or signing that they made where you were genuienly excited, because we got a viable, young-ish player.

Okay, now tell me how long that player stuck around.

ChumpDumper
05-31-2008, 01:58 PM
Do they really?

Name the last ballsy trade or signing that they made where you were genuienly excited, because we got a viable, young-ish player.

Okay, now tell me how long that player stuck around.I said they always try.

RIF.

Tell us what your summer plan is -- if it is something other than bitching the Spurs can't do anything.

T Park
05-31-2008, 02:01 PM
Sign Ricky Davis and Isaih Rider is probably his plan.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-31-2008, 02:09 PM
It's funny because I can remember every big man for the past 10 years getting a Triple F'n Double when his back is against the wall.

Vent shment, we have problems, but don't hate on Duncan. The man was a maestro out there in the first half of game 5.

kaji157
05-31-2008, 02:29 PM

This is something i donīt really get, how is that The Spurs having only 40 millions commited to 3 star players are not able to surround them properly when:
The Suns Have more than 50 in Shaq-Nash-Amare and they can, Boston has mroe than 60 (KG, Pierce, Allen) and can, Lakers more than 50 (Kobe, Pau, Odom).

I mean, from the contenders only Detroit has a better payroll than the Spurs, and they also can do it.

The FO and the owner have to spend some buck in research and a few players and we are back on track.

The Big 3 and Pop have to sit down with Holt and ask him to be part of the success by putting some money on the team.

Is not that they all have 20 millions contracts, Manu doesnīt even make 10 millions a year so this is more a matter of the FO and the owner coming up short than having a bad payroll.

mrcoon29
05-31-2008, 02:31 PM

I feel you're right except for your last statement - I do feel that management will find a way to bring in some youthful athletic players because seriously, you don't really expect them to sign a bunch of 30+ players now do you? They ain't totally stoopid.

I couldn't come on the board or visit any sport site (internets,TV, Radio or Paper) until today. Hmm...that's a fairly quick recovery for me as in the past it took a week or two before I was remotely interested in what anyone was saying. I'm guessing that's because while I hoped and supported the Spurs, I knew it would be a miracle to continue playing - all the signs were there but I kept my rose-colored glasses on throughout the playoffs.

diego
05-31-2008, 02:46 PM
Oberto, who doesn't do anything other than slap rebounds towards the midcourt.

is it just me, or was oberto pretty successful when they involved him in the offense? thats one of the things i think the spurs could have done more, was use oberto more on the offensive end, to prevent the "one-man-zone" and help set up timmy.

maybe its just my argie homer vision making oberto look better than he was, what do y'all think?

gmanrulz
05-31-2008, 04:17 PM
http://www.thrillist.com/images/insets/110x110-thrillist_newsletter.jpg

rascal
06-01-2008, 10:10 AM
This is something i donīt really get, how is that The Spurs having only 40 millions commited to 3 star players are not able to surround them properly when:
The Suns Have more than 50 in Shaq-Nash-Amare and they can, Boston has mroe than 60 (KG, Pierce, Allen) and can, Lakers more than 50 (Kobe, Pau, Odom).

I mean, from the contenders only Detroit has a better payroll than the Spurs, and they also can do it.

The FO and the owner have to spend some buck in research and a few players and we are back on track.

The Big 3 and Pop have to sit down with Holt and ask him to be part of the success by putting some money on the team.

Is not that they all have 20 millions contracts, Manu doesnīt even make 10 millions a year so this is more a matter of the FO and the owner coming up short than having a bad payroll.

Agree.

manufor3
06-01-2008, 10:13 AM
que all the laker fans coming in and saying "excuses"

WildcardManu
06-01-2008, 10:26 AM
It's funny because I can remember every big man for the past 10 years getting a Triple F'n Double when his back is against the wall.

:tu

mrspurs
06-01-2008, 03:07 PM
its just you diego......fab is the biggest choke artist on the team...he is smart, hustles, plays with fire...but the guy panics and misses some of the easiest shots, that come back to haunt us....last season during our run it seemed fab had finally stopped choking and it really helped duncan cos other teams had to watch fab...this season he failed..horribly...the team knows and duncan really knows it.....bring in some bigs to help duncan....fab should come off the bench....go spurs go