PDA

View Full Version : 4.

timvp
05-29-2008, 11:30 PM
It hurts to see the players we root for not accomplish the ultimate goal but I can't fault their effort. It was obvious that the team just ran out of gas before the finish line. The San Antonio Spurs used every ounce of energy they had to get this far. They came out swinging again in Game 5 but heart and will to win can only take you so far.

I'd be easy to point to excuses but if there's one thing we learn from watching this group of basketball players bounce a leather ball around a wood floor, it's that excuses don't matter and anything you deserve you have to earn. No excuses. No shortcuts. Dedication to individual and group improvement.

Three teams are still left standing but I wouldn't trade one second of being a fan of the Spurs for a lifetime of fandom of any other team. From Gervin to Robinson to Duncan, this franchise has won -- and lost -- with class.

I would like to congratulate the Spurs for their four championships. But this ride isn't over. I just know there are more championships out there this team can win. The Spurs will get right back into the saddle next season ... and many of us will be here cheering, hoping and believing.

Thank you, Spurs, for another fun journey. It didn't end as anyone wanted it to end but the San Antonio Spurs will live to win another day.

Believe.

Marcus Bryant
05-29-2008, 11:31 PM
Amen.

samikeyp
05-29-2008, 11:32 PM
It hurts to see the players we root for not accomplish the ultimate goal but I can't fault their effort. It was obvious that the team just ran out of gas before the finish line. The San Antonio Spurs used every ounce of energy they had to get this far. They came out swinging again in Game 5 but heart and will to win can only take you so far.

I'd be easy to point to excuses but if there's one thing we learn from watching this group of basketball players bounce a leather ball around a wood floor, it's that excuses don't matter and anything you deserve you have to earn. No excuses. No shortcuts. Dedication to individual and group improvement.

Three teams are still left standing but I wouldn't trade one second of being a fan of the Spurs for a lifetime of fandom of any other team. From Gervin to Robinson to Duncan, this franchise has won -- and lost -- with class.

I would like to congratulate the Spurs for their four championships. But this ride isn't over. I just know there are more championships out there this team can win. The Spurs will get right back into the saddle next season ... and many of use will be here cheering, hoping and believing.

Thank you, Spurs, for another fun journey. It didn't end as anyone wanted it to end but the San Antonio Spurs will live to win another day.

Believe.

:tu

A lot of people said it was over in 2006 as well. Regroup, reload and get it back next year.

midgetonadonkey
Fucking aye! I know they will be back and Timmy will get his 5th ring before he's done.

ginobili fan
Why everybody are talking like it was their last chance to win etc....
Why are everybody that gay?
Why the " congrat for the 4 championships?"
We don't care they just played like shit

Ocotillo
True dat.

Kori Ellis
05-29-2008, 11:33 PM
Why everybody are talking like it was their last chance to win etc....
Why are everybody that gay?
Why the " congrat for the 4 championships?"
We don't care they just played like shit

Good night and have a good offseason.

Ghost Writer
05-29-2008, 11:34 PM
I would like to congratulate the Spurs for their four championships. But this ride isn't over. I just know there are more championships out there this team can win.
Believe.
Gimme a reason to believe... who are we getting, because our Big Three is not enough and are only getting older.

SRJ
If I read the words "they didn't want it bad enough" (or words to that effect) again, I will collapse all of the Internets tubes in rage.

The greatest asset the Spurs had going in these playoffs was desire. And this desire will carry them back to the top if we retool the roster in the right way, with good health all around.

Timmy will always keep us close to the LOB. If he's got the right pieces around him, we'll have it again.

Believe.

whottt
whottt was right about Barry

Priceless :smokin

whottt
05-29-2008, 11:36 PM
Gimme a reason to believe... who are we getting, because our Big Three is not enough and are only getting older.

4 Championships...hell that's good even by the Yankees standards.

Texas_Ranger
05-29-2008, 11:36 PM
SPURS IN 09!!

Believe!

Slomo
05-29-2008, 11:38 PM
... Believe.

http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/Photoshop_madness/four.jpg

T Park
Barry was unreal this series.

Yeah, this team isn't done by far and away.

Just a few tweaks here and there is needed.

Solid D
Here, here! We love our Spurs.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-29-2008, 11:39 PM
:tu After the third championship, the expectations raised because it's so easy to love this team and the boys so much!

I really hope they bounce back in the coming season. I don't care about the repeat, as long as we get see our boys hoisting maybe one more trophy in the next two or three years.
Spurs aren't always lucky enough to win it all, but they sure are dedicated.

Good night and have a good offseason.

Thanks for getting rid of that douche.

1Parker1
:lol Props to the Spurs for an awesome season. It's good to be a Spurs fan. They are always classy and they always bow out with grace and they always go down fighting hard.

That being said, for the first time in a long time, I'm actually excited about the offseason and what the Spurs will do.

That being said, I don't know what I'll do with no basketball for the next 6 months!

Sec24Row7
Thanks Spurs.

Good luck to the 3 teams remaining.

Admidave50
damn it's harsh to see our team lose, but I believe better days will come, rings will too!

dbreiden83080

I would like to congratulate the Spurs for their four championships. But this ride isn't over. I just know there are more championships out there this team can win. The Spurs will get right back into the saddle next season ... and many of use will be here cheering, hoping and believing.

Believe.

Best post of the season right here

Cheers!! :toast

Ghost Writer
4 Championships...hell that's good even by the Yankees standards.

2 lottery #1 picks.

Can we make it 3?

1Parker1
05-29-2008, 11:40 PM
P.S I will gladly ring in the odd numbered year Jan 1st :)

Russ

You sound like Kobe Bryant last summer.

dbreiden83080

Easy on the non-stop panic mode, it is just day one of the offseason

Whisky Dog
The Spurs are going to need some luck in getting a couple of players to fill roles and produce big time for them to win a title next year. Without that luck, I'm afraid the reign is over.

MagnusKrauss
05-29-2008, 11:41 PM
I'm proud to be a fan of the Spurs.

:flag:

duncan228
Duncan has more Championships in him. And he'll come back to training camp in shape and motivated. I have no problem with being one of the last 4 teams standing. They had a great season. Anything short of a Title is a disappointment, but only one team will be left. It wasn't our year. It will be next year, a few tweaks and...it's an odd year. Duncan said on Media Day that if the Titles came every other year he was okay with it. So am I. We bring it back in '09. I believe.

gameFACE
You know in all honesty i'm not mad at all. I'm definitely a bit disapointed but i didn't feel frustrated with this elimination at all. If you play flat and uninspired you're going to get your ass handed to you and dispensed as handily as the Lakers were able to accomplish that. I don't care for the ran "out of gas" arguement at all. Great teams don't run out of gas. They play harder whatever the circumstances. Ask one of the many teams that have repeated.

There's still a window of opportunity IMHO for the Spurs to get one more or even a back to back championship in the next few years. Good times are still coming.

:toast

Ludovician
05-29-2008, 11:42 PM
It really hurts, but not being able to repeat is a problem fans of about 25 other teams would like to have. :toast

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-29-2008, 11:42 PM
It happens. Still proud of this team, still proud to call myself a fan.

Congrats to the Lakers for knocking them off.

Go for five next season.

whottt
05-29-2008, 11:43 PM
:lol Props to the Spurs for an awesome season. It's good to be a Spurs fan. They are always classy and they always bow out with grace and they always go down fighting hard.

That being said, for the first time in a long time, I'm actually excited about the offseason and what the Spurs will do.

That being said, I don't know what I'll do with no basketball for the next 6 months!

Seriously...it'll be good to shed some of the bandwaggoners from the board...discussions will get a lot better. Offseason used to be the most fun time...even when hey weren't winning champonships.

I have low expectations for next seasn just due to the fact that Manu and Parker both have National Team Commitments.

But they definitely have one more bullet in the gun...

tlongII
05-29-2008, 11:43 PM
The Spurs will not win another championship unless they bring in some additional top-tier talent. The Spurs' complimentary players just don't cut the mustard any more.

T Park
05-29-2008, 11:44 PM
Seriously...it'll be good to shed some of the bandwaggoners from the board...discussions will get a lot better. Offseason used to be the most fun time...even when hey weren't winning champonships.

I have low expectations for next seasn just due to the fact that Manu and Parker both have National Team Commitments.

When the team has low expectations, thats when they usually win.

Ala 07, 03, 05.

timmydidit
wow how many Debby Downers in one thread fuck hell ya they aren't finished .. spoiled fans dont worry the still got it

Sp Ginobili 20
I'm proud of this team and what they have done. Let's go for five next season.

m33p0
looks like barry has a spot in next year's roster.

midgetonadonkey
05-29-2008, 11:45 PM
I will be a Spurs fan in 2013 and on when Pop and Duncan are gone. I will still sit balcony level, cursing my ass off and rooting for a lottery team.

Fuck the rest of the NBA. I'm a Spurs fan through and through.

Deb
05-29-2008, 11:46 PM
Love those Spurs

m33p0
05-29-2008, 11:46 PM

But they definitely have one more bullet in the gun...
Fuck National Teams!

beachwood
05-29-2008, 11:47 PM

Believe.

Excellent post. You nailed it all right there.

It was a rollercoaster season and we didn't quite find the consistency that we usually find in our championship years. But we fought till the end. Sometimes it doesn't work out and that's alright. I trust we'll be right back in the thick of it all next season. My heart is always with this team.

GrandeDavid
Great post, LJ. We'll be back next season to get #5.

01Snake
Manu needs to pull an Horry and just save it for the post season. :D

whottt
05-29-2008, 11:50 PM
Fuck National Teams!

Hey I agree...but it means something to Manu and Parker so it's just the way it is.

loveforthegame
05-29-2008, 11:51 PM
It's worth all the ups and downs to cheer for this team. They fell short this year but they always give their all. They make no excuses and will bounce back next year.

Believe.

T Park
05-29-2008, 11:51 PM
Hey I agree...but it means something to Manu and Parker so it's just the way it is.

Yeah, if I were Pop I would demand those Fers rest all summer.

mVp
05-29-2008, 11:52 PM
Thanks for another great season Spurs, really, fuck the "repeat" thing, we have been dominating the league the last 9 years, 4 titles baby, 4! and we're coming back next season, I can't wait for #5!

carina_gino20
05-30-2008, 12:03 AM
If we win more championships every other year from here on in, I'd take it without complaint.

This exit sucks badly right now, but damned if the Spurs aren't getting Ring No. 5 next year.

slayermin
05-30-2008, 12:10 AM
Thank you Spurs on a great run.

DDS4
05-30-2008, 12:14 AM
For the team with best winning percentage in all 4 major sports, I'm pretty proud of what they've done.

Good thing is, they're not done yet.

Avitus1
05-30-2008, 12:16 AM
Love the Spurs till I die, till I die, till I die....

This isn't it the Spurs will get another championship soon but its been a fun ride thus far..

Thank You Spurs!

Brutalis
05-30-2008, 12:19 AM
Yay another WCF loss wahoo!

Lmao, oh well. In 16 official years, there's 4 rings and 12 defeats. Pretty good percentage among 27 teams, addition of Grizzlies and Raptors, then Bobcats making 30 in the span. I can live with that.

Really anxious as hell to see what happens this offseason... goddd why the waittttt ahhh here it goes again.

mikekim
05-30-2008, 12:23 AM
If I read the words "they didn't want it bad enough" (or words to that effect) again, I will collapse all of the Internets tubes in rage.

The greatest asset the Spurs had going in these playoffs was desire. And this desire will carry them back to the top if we retool the roster in the right way, with good health all around.

Timmy will always keep us close to the LOB. If he's got the right pieces around him, we'll have it again.

Believe.

They didn't want it bad enough in 3 out of 4 games in New Orleans. That may have cost them in this series...in which they laid everything on the floor and went all-out.

DespЏrado
05-30-2008, 12:42 AM
Great season. I am looking forward for our get reload refuel project. I can already taste the odd year mojo seeping in. Go Spurs Go!

m33p0
05-30-2008, 01:11 AM
:stirpot: "bubble, bubble, toil and trouble..."

Fernando TD21
05-30-2008, 01:17 AM
Thanks Spurs for the great season! It didn't end the way we expected, but I'm proud of this team and I believe they still have some years left to get the 5th.

honestfool84
05-30-2008, 01:24 AM
here's to one or two more of these before duncan retires: :lobt2:

MannyIsGod
05-30-2008, 01:28 AM
http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/4373/fishy1zh7.jpg

I love my Spurs. (and this picture) :lol

Cry Havoc
05-30-2008, 02:20 AM
What a season.

Not gonna lie though, this hurts. Man, tomorrow is going to be a long day of work. :depressed

The way it went down, and who beat us.

Time to refocus and reload.

Go, Spurs, Go.

Das Texan
05-30-2008, 02:23 AM
Its been a fun ride with this group.

Make some changes, get some youth into this organization and lets come back ready to go again next year.

I cant wait to get it going, this season hurts, but what can you do? The age factor caught up with us unfortunately it seems.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-30-2008, 02:23 AM
What a season.

Not gonna lie though, this hurts. Man, tomorrow is going to be a long day of work. :depressed

The way it went down, and who beat us.

Time to refocus and reload.

Go, Spurs, Go.

Yeah, really hurts. It's gonna be weird to not see the Spurs play on Saturday, and into June...

And to add salt to the wound
Seeing Kobe celebrate and wear the WCF cap...
It's almost like a bad dream.

Hope there's a silver lining in this season let down.

SenorSpur
05-30-2008, 02:25 AM

Believe.

Can't add anything further to that!

:toast :toast

spurschick
05-30-2008, 08:40 AM
Have been and will continue to stand proud of this team.

michaelwcho
05-30-2008, 08:56 AM
The Spurs struggled through a gimpy season in a tough conference, and battled through 2 series. At the end, there was nothing left. Still, a few bounces of the ball and this could have gone to 7.

It was never about heart. It was about fatigue, age, skill, and bounces of the ball.

What a fabulous roster and an encyclopedia of basketball knowledge: Horry, Barry, Finley, Oberto.

If we can pick up three good players this offseason, we should be contenders again.

easjer
05-30-2008, 09:03 AM
I love this team. I am disappointed, but they played through two series with nothing but determination. They pulled one out, and but for an unlucky roll of the dice, they might have pulled out another.

I can't honestly say I enjoyed every second - :lol - but I am proud to stand up and say I'm a Spurs fan. Through thick and thin.

I can't wait to see what they do this offseason, and how they look next year.

As always, Go Spurs Go!

MadDog73
05-30-2008, 09:06 AM
Yay another WCF loss wahoo!

Not to quibble, but when was the last time the Spurs lost in the WCF?

The Rockets in 1995?

TampaDude
05-30-2008, 09:12 AM
Helluva run, Spurs...enjoy your summer...see you in November! :toast

SAGambler
05-30-2008, 09:22 AM
This was the series where we needed Manu to be Manu. But with that nagging ankle injury, even Manu couldn't will his way this time.

Every coach will tell you the most important thing in the playoffs is a completely healthy team. Just didn't happen this time around. And it cost us.

Now, take a well deserved vacation, heal up, and get ready for next year. I have no doubt the Spurs will be right in the thick of things once again.

And I agree with everything that timvp said in the OP. Not much else that could be said. Guys gave us another hell of a season. Not everyone gets to watch their team play at the end of May. Seems we almost always do.

Have a good summer guys. You deserve it.

BigVee
05-30-2008, 09:40 AM
In mid Jan there was no way I thought they would ever make it to the WCF...With TP and TD hurt Manu was having to play out of his mind just to win games against sub .500 teams. For the team to come back from that, then suffer blow out losses on the road on a regular basis....take out PHO and NOH simply surprised me. Naturally I am disappointed that the season is over, but happy with the effort and the prospects for next year...they will be right back in the mix and with a few good moves and a little luck, back hoisting the trophy we all covet. It is an honor to be a fan of this team.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-30-2008, 09:40 AM
go spurs
at least they didn't crawl up into the fetal position like in '04.

dmac
05-30-2008, 09:42 AM
Fucking aye! I know they will be back and Timmy will get his 5th ring before he's done.

then he can start work on the other hand!

:flag:

Spurs Brazil
05-30-2008, 06:29 PM

I would like to congratulate the Spurs for their four championships. But this ride isn't over. I just know there are more championships out there this team can win. The Spurs will get right back into the saddle next season ... and many of us will be here cheering, hoping and believing.

Believe.

:flag::flag::flag:

bigfundamental21
05-31-2008, 10:43 AM
I love this team and I love the fact that they will be in it every year as long as Duncan is on the team. We got counted out so many times this season and so I feel good about how far we went. It sucks not to win it all... I wanted the repeat soooo bad. But, we can just try again next season. After all, odd numbered years are our specialty!

GO SPURS GO!!!

Thompson
05-31-2008, 11:07 AM
On the plus side, at least we knocked off Shaq and the Suns and those annoying Hornets before we went down, and I think not having the full Manu (along with being driven into the ground by the ridiculous schedule) hurt us more than anything. Next year we will have a shot (maybe a really good shot if things go well with Tiago, Ian, and the draft or free agency).

caribbean_spur
05-31-2008, 12:45 PM
Congrats to the team. They had a great season. I am proud of them.
Onto next season for #5!

mrcoon29
05-31-2008, 02:47 PM
I Love My Spurs - thanks for the ride and enjoy your time with family and friends, get healthy and see you next season!
GO SPURS GO!!

Harry Callahan
05-31-2008, 03:15 PM
Not to quibble, but when was the last time the Spurs lost in the WCF?

The Rockets in 1995?

No. The Spurs lost to the lakers in 2001 or 2002.