PDA

View Full Version : Hold Your Heads Up High

gasolina
05-29-2008, 11:58 PM
Great series. The Lakers advanced to the Finals since '04. Spurs are still a great team but I think we won not on sheer talent but probably more so since we were fresher and the Spurs had used up most of their ammo fending off powerhouse teams Phoenix in round 1 and New Orleans in round 2. A year older from your title-winning run from last season, the Spurs looked tired not to mention injuries to Manu and the other oldies meant that my Lakers were battling a diminished team from the start. However, your team made no excuses and graciously accepted defeat.

True Champions indeed.

That being said, HOLD YOUR HEADS UP HIGH SPURS FANS. You guys have nothing more to prove. Duncan won without Robinson so he silenced all his critics. Kobe has yet to prove he can win one without Shaq - my Lakers are on a mission now but there is one thing that bothers me....

They say the :lobt2: goes thru San Antonio almost every year during their 4-title clinching run of 9 years. But, every team that has eliminated the Spurs in the even years since 2003 were cursed not to win it.

2003 -- Spurs win NBA Championship (2nd)
2004 -- Spurs are eliminated by Lakers (Lakers then lose to Pistons in Finals)
2005 -- Spurs win NBA Championship (3rd)
2006 -- Spurs are eliminated by Mavs (Mavs then lose to Heat in Finals)
2007 -- Spurs win NBA Championship (4th)
2008 -- Spurs are eliminated by Lakers (?????)

mikeanthony21
05-30-2008, 12:05 AM
Great series. The Lakers advanced to the Finals since '04. Spurs are still a great team but I think we won not on sheer talent but probably more so since we were fresher and the Spurs had used up most of their ammo fending off powerhouse teams Phoenix in round 1 and New Orleans in round 2. A year older from your title-winning run from last season, the Spurs looked tired not to mention injuries to Manu and the other oldies meant that my Lakers were battling a diminished team from the start. However, your team made no excuses and graciously accepted defeat.

True Champions indeed.

That being said, HOLD YOUR HEADS UP HIGH SPURS FANS. You guys have nothing more to prove. Duncan won without Robinson so he silenced all his critics. Kobe has yet to prove he can win one without Shaq - my Lakers are on a mission now but there is one thing that bothers me....

They say the :lobt2: goes thru San Antonio almost every year during their 4-title clinching run of 9 years. But, every team that has eliminated the Spurs in the even years since 2003 were cursed not to win it.

2003 -- Spurs win NBA Championship (2nd)
2004 -- Spurs are eliminated by Lakers (Lakers then lose to Pistons in Finals)
2005 -- Spurs win NBA Championship (3rd)
2006 -- Spurs are eliminated by Mavs (Mavs then lose to Heat in Finals)
2007 -- Spurs win NBA Championship (4th)
2008 -- Spurs are eliminated by Lakers (?????)

No disrespect intended but I cannot see the Lakers beating the Celtics.

ChumpDumper
05-30-2008, 12:08 AM
I never had anything to prove in the first place.