PDA

View Full Version : Since We're All Venting...

SRJ
05-30-2008, 12:18 AM
I'm sick and tired of all of these fucking mental defectives in the forum, talking as though they've got a spot on the roster, saying things like "Fatigue is just an excuse."

No, you imbeciles - fatigue is a very real thing.

Just because Gregg Popovich says it's an excuse doesn't mean it really is. In professional sports, the thought processes are different by necessity - if the players and coaches start thinking about fatigue, it will be a distraction to them and compromise their play even more than it already is.

But guess what? You dipshits aren't on the team. You have absolutely no say in the goings on down on the floor. It's okay for you to acknowledge their fatigue - the results of the games will not be affected one iota.

I will acknowledge that fatigue alone doesn't explain this series. Of course it doesn't - the Lakers had the best record in the West and they have the MVP, as well as a 9-times champion coach. But to say that fatigue doesn't exist, like it's just something you just play around like a player who has three fouls by halftime, well, I guess there's no helping you.

If you think I'm full of shit, let's play some one on one. One condition - you have to run ten miles right before our game. According to you, it won't matter at all and you won't even notice it. In games between professionals trained to exploit weaknesses, fatigue becomes an even greater factor than it does in pickup games between a couple of nobodies down at the Y.

m33p0
05-30-2008, 12:20 AM
Fire PoP!

(premptive strike)

Mr. Peabody
05-30-2008, 12:23 AM
I'm sick and tired of all of these fucking mental defectives in the forum, talking as though they've got a spot on the roster, saying things like "Fatigue is just an excuse."

No, you imbeciles - fatigue is a very real thing.

Just because Gregg Popovich says it's an excuse doesn't mean it really is. In professional sports, the thought processes are different by necessity - if the players and coaches start thinking about fatigue, it will be a distraction to them and compromise their play even more than it already is.

But guess what? You dipshits aren't on the team. You have absolutely no say in the goings on down on the floor. It's okay for you to acknowledge their fatigue - the results of the games will not be affected one iota.

I will acknowledge that fatigue alone doesn't explain this series. Of course it doesn't - the Lakers had the best record in the West and they have the MVP, as well as a 9-times champion coach. But to say that fatigue doesn't exist, like it's just something you just play around like a player who has three fouls by halftime, well, I guess there's no helping you.

If you think I'm full of shit, let's play some one on one. One condition - you have to run ten miles right before our game. According to you, it won't matter at all and you won't even notice it. In games between professionals trained to exploit weaknesses, fatigue becomes an even greater factor than it does in pickup games between a couple of nobodies down at the Y.

Obviously, you don't watch enough Gatorade or Under Armour commercials....

Clutch20
05-30-2008, 12:30 AM
Millionaires are millionaires, but muscles are muscles, and joints and bones get tired until all the gold is taken out of them and then it's just a matter of how serious you want your injury to be.

Look who had the most fun this last series.

Brent Berry.

Look who took the longest time away from the court this '08.

Brent Berry.

He got energized and it showed, imagine Timmy and others on the team getting the same chance to get away for weeks and get pumped about playing again.

ChumpDumper
05-30-2008, 12:31 AM
Fire fatigue!

nobodi_home
05-30-2008, 12:37 AM
CRJ really has the old corncob up zee wazoo tonight.
Well, when all else fails, blame Brent Barry. After all,
doesn't it make sense to blame your best 3-point shooter?
Why, of course!! Shit, you can't put the blame on the Big Three,
since if you do, you get your ass kicked outta here.
Can't balme Poopervich, cuz he has 4 championships and a
2 for 1 win-lose record, so you gotta find a goat somewhere.

Shit, I know.,........... Blame it on Rasho
Blame Beno
Blame Nick Van Exel
Blame Shaun Marks

And even better still, blame that damned Coyote for not showing up
in L.A. for the game. Yea, it's the coyote's fault.

Bill Shoenning, too

sagrzmnky
05-30-2008, 12:40 AM
A little more venting...
Shouldn't they be coming back to SA for a game 6? The NBA admitted that they screwed up and the end of game 4 should have been called a foul. Barry should have shot at least a 2 since he did put the ball back on the ground. The game should have been decided in overtime. I keep hearing that the ref's never make that call because they don't want to be the one to decide the final outcome of the game. Didn't they actually decide the outcome of the game by not making the call? I thought Fisher decided the final outcome of the game by landing on Barry's head? Can't you block a players shot without landing on top of him? I know that I have seen it done before. Now I know people will say that the Spurs did not deserve the win because they played like crap all game long. I have read the NBA rules and I could not find where it said that if a player is contacted, it is considered a foul unless the team played like crap earlier in the game. You should only look at that time frame to make that call. You don't make a foul call base on how popular the player is or how well he has played. A foul is a foul. Before the Lakers sluts start bitching about Tim's "travel" let me say that I have watched the play. Tim took 2 very long steps before releasing the ball. Each foot only hit the ground 2 times. If that is your argument, Kobi also traveled and didn't get called. Those play were not game deciding plays. The other bitch is that the ball hit the rim from Fishers shot and Lakers didn't get a fresh 24. First, after reviewing that play, I cannot tell if the ball hit the rim or not. Is it possible, yes, but the ball did not change spin or direction of motion which you would expect if it did hit the rim. The call would be very questionable. However, not one single Lakers, Hornets, Mavericks, Spurs, or any other NBA fan can deny that Barry was fouled. The NBA admitted it. Now I know that they will do nothing about it, but does that make it right?

nobodi_home
05-30-2008, 01:10 AM
"sagrzmnky" makes a mighty good point. Nobody likes to point to bad calls, as it makes one look like a whiner, but Barry (and the whole team, for that matter) really got shit on bigtime the way Game 4 ended.

Barry clearly out-foxed ol' Fisher, got just what he wanted-- sucker-punched Fisher into a clearly obvious wicked foul, and then failed to get his deserved trip to the line, which knowing Barry's free throw record, was an almost guaranteed 3 points, and if not that, at least 2 of 3, since Barry was behind the line, and 2 was all the Spurs needed to go to O.T.

But hey, we've seen this crap before. Remember the 97 (or was it 98) Finals, where Jordan CLEARLY slapped Karl Malone's wrist, causing Malone to lose control of the ball, whereupon Jordan picked it up, raced down the floor with only seconds left on the clock and put in a layup to win the game. The replay shows the official strattling the sideline, RIGHT ON TOP OF THE PLAY, yet failing to blow the whistle, and even more convincing, is the look on Karl Malone's face, looking at the ref, as if to say, "hey, what the hell was that, ref?".

Didn't matter. Almost seems like the NBA hands out marching orders on how they want things to go.

If you start Game 5, like tonight's game, and it's a 2 -2 series, rather than the 1-3 situation we actually had, it changes things quite a bit.

But what can you do? The more you howl about it, the more the press will just pick on you, call you and your team whiners, and if the NBA doesn't step in to do something, then you just ain't gonna get no satisfaction, as da Stones would say.

Lake_show
05-30-2008, 01:15 AM
Get younger players

m33p0
05-30-2008, 01:17 AM
at&t should have come up with its own "ring-of-fire" act. fire at&t!