PDA

View Full Version : I'm all for being classy but....

NZ Spurs
05-30-2008, 01:30 AM
Fuck sake. I need to vent.

Ginobili being injured cost the Spurs the chance to be competitive.

Notice I'm not arrogant enough to say win.

Not only did they miss his scoring they missed the intangibles he brings. They missed him crashing the boards, which he does amazingly well in the playoffs. They missed him getting Oberto involved. His transition defense, His step back jump shot which he goes to when he can't get into the lane etc etc etc

The problem is Pop did a great job of keeping these guys fresh for the playoffs. So can you do anything to prevent it?

Injuries happen, the Spurs have benefited from them in the past like Nowitzki in 03. With this in mind I don't think it cheapens the Lakers win any.

I miss Stephen Jackson at a time like this.

Commissioner Stern
05-30-2008, 01:50 AM

Not only did they miss his scoring they missed the intangibles he brings. They missed him crashing the boards, which he does amazingly well in the playoffs. They missed him getting Oberto involved. His transition defense, His step back jump shot which he goes to when he can't get into the lane etc etc etc

The problem is Pop did a great job of keeping these guys fresh for the playoffs. So can you do anything to prevent it?

Injuries happen, the Spurs have benefited from them in the past like Nowitzki in 03. With this in mind I don't think it cheapens the Lakers win any.

I don't think anyone will disagree with you.

Ginobli wasn't Ginobli.

mVp
05-30-2008, 02:01 AM
Yeah... it sucks, for us and for Manu, 'cause he had a great season, he didn't deserve to end it like this, but well, injuries are part of the game... shit happens.

orcfenix
05-30-2008, 02:06 AM
im not up to date on the spurs, but when did ginobli get injured?

Ninja-Defense
05-30-2008, 02:06 AM
Yeah... it sucks, for us and for Manu, 'cause he had a great season, he didn't deserve to end it like this, but well, injuries are part of the game... shit happens.

Indeed. If Manu heals up good and stays healthy all next season, I think he's gonna come back with a fuckin' vengeance. The Manu we know and love will return, guys.

BELIEVE

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-30-2008, 02:08 AM
Indeed. If Manu heals up good and stays healthy all next season, I think he's gonna come back with a fuckin' vengeance. The Manu we know and love will return, guys.

BELIEVE

I hope so. I'd really want for him to have at least one more season at the top of his game.

Maybe the early out will get him some rest and a gold medal will fuel his fire a la 2004.

Ninja-Defense
05-30-2008, 02:15 AM
I hope so. I'd really want for him to have at least one more season at the top of his game.

Maybe the early out will get him some rest and a gold medal will fuel his fire a la 2004.

That would definitely do the trick. I'd be shocked if we didn't see at least one more season of an elite, super-aggressive Manu. I can only imagine how he feels right now getting bounced by the Lakers, especially the way he played.

:ihit MANU WILL RETURN! :ihit

wijayas
05-30-2008, 02:27 AM
im not up to date on the spurs, but when did ginobli get injured?

Game 1, Round 1 vs Phoenix.

I am Emoticon
05-30-2008, 02:28 AM

:toast

21_Blessings
05-30-2008, 02:43 AM
So when Manu sucks he's 'injured' but when he drops 30 in game two it's just a fluke.

Sasha punked Manu plain and simple. Manu is good but he completely overrated and streaky as hell. You can't rely on him to show up every game. He is what he is.

Nbadan
05-30-2008, 02:50 AM
Sasha could hold a healthy Manu's jock...

pakzz
05-30-2008, 02:52 AM
give credit to Sasha "the Machine" Vujacic for a great defense :toast

Dingle Barry
05-30-2008, 02:53 AM
So when Manu sucks he's 'injured' but when he drops 30 in game two it's just a fluke.

Sasha punked Manu plain and simple. Manu is good but he completely overrated and streaky as hell. You can't rely on him to show up every game. He is what he is.

And you are another ignorant sack o shit LA homer

21_Blessings
05-30-2008, 03:01 AM
And you are another ignorant sack o shit LA homer

And you are another gay fag SA fan who slobs all over manu's balls even when he gets clearly outplayed by a former Laker scrub

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-30-2008, 03:02 AM

You don't know what you're talking about. :lol
Manu has had three post-seasons in our championship run where he'd surge comebacks etc. and he'd deliver each time. Even in 2006, without him we would have lost to the Mavs 4-1 or 4-2, it only took Manu scoring 26 to 30 points in the 7 game series comeback and Manu steals to even overachieve with another inadequate roster.

And in 2007, the Spurs have had records of 4-1 , 4-0 etc. last years series with Manu stepping up when the rest of our guys slacked off. He's our closer. You don't average 15 points in 4th quarter elimination games in the post-season for nothing.

Spurs fans expected Manu to show up, because he lives for the big games. He spoiled us. Spurs fans were calling Manu's first two rounds shitty, when he was averaging 18 to 21 pts in the Phoenix, New Orleans series.

Manu's 30 point game was his last ditch effort because it was probably the only time he gained a semblance of recovery.

T Park
05-30-2008, 03:05 AM
And you are another gay fag SA fan who slobs all over manu's balls even when he gets clearly outplayed by a former Laker scrub

Whos the former scrub?

stealth21
05-30-2008, 04:22 AM
Tainted win for Lakers playing against a 30-40% Manu.
They know it , we know it.

z0sa
05-30-2008, 04:27 AM
i can guarantee you the lakers and their fans could give a shit less about this "tainted" win.

Theyre going to the NBA Finals, were not. We wouldnt give a shit if lamar odom was injured the entire series and didnt show up, either.

Harry Callahan
05-30-2008, 06:13 AM

You are what you are as well - stupid. If you would have taken your eyes off of Kobe Bryant for a second you would have noticed in game two Manu hit a ton of 3s. He could not move with his injured foot. Legions of turds like you were not missed much these last four years when you crawled under rocks.

Manu was an ALL NBA PLAYER during the regular season. How is that overated? Have you even watched NBA basketball the last five years? You probably watched the Spurs five times this year - all in the last two weeks.

Ginobili injures his foot in the first playoff game and becomes a jump shooter. Thats a fact.

Scum like you won't be laughing and jiving around when Bryant makes that mistep and gets hurt (its going to happen at some point). All those other guys on that team won't be able to stand around and watch him bail you out.
Go enjoy your team, and go infest a Celtics fan page. If you are like most Laker "fans" we've seen the last month or so, you'll just disappear when something goes wrong for the Lakers.

By the way, Kobe and the Lakers did a great job wasting three years of Byrant's prime from 04-07. He won't get those years back.

cobbler
05-30-2008, 06:28 AM
Tainted win for Lakers playing against a 30-40% Manu.
They know it , we know it.

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:p_TjVdm62S9FNM:http://www.sallyminker.com

SpurAddict561
05-30-2008, 06:39 AM
This was his off year, obviously...

ballhog
05-30-2008, 07:47 AM

You guys are delusional. Sasha could neither carry a team nor score 30.

TampaDude
05-30-2008, 08:17 AM
Even year...Spurs will win it all again in 2009...

Spurminator
05-30-2008, 09:00 AM
No, Laker Fan is right. Raja Bell couldn't stop Manu Ginobili, but Sasha Fucking Vujacic can. He's a special defensive player, and is sure to win countless spots on the All Defensive team for years to come.

Did you see how he was able to hold Manu to half of his usual vertical? It's UNREAL!

1Parker1
05-30-2008, 09:03 AM
Please don't bail out Ginobili. He himself has said repeatedly throughout this series that his injury isn't that serious and that it was a lot better than against the Hornets.

Credit the Lakers for playing outstanding TEAM defense on him. They packed in the lane, drove about 2 defenders at Ginobili when he was going through picks, and dared him to make the open shot from 3 point land. Ginobili couldn't hit a shot when he was open. Lakers focused their entire defense on stopping Ginobili. Even in the regular season when Ginobili was healthy, he didn't have a good series against LA.

Jayem
05-30-2008, 09:40 AM
yeah ginobili said he was fine. he just choked. and we had geezers like finley and horry who didn't do shit either. the spurs got owned by the lakers, they made us their bitches again. kobe with a great cast just can't be stopped.

bdubya
05-30-2008, 10:05 AM
Manu's like most players with a little fire in them - they'll tell you they're "fine" right up until the limb actually rots and falls off.

It's the postseason - injuries happen. Teams are either deep enough to deal with them or they go home.

LakerLanny
05-30-2008, 10:25 AM

Completely agree. It was obvious he was nowhere near his usual self. That one play last night when he beat his man but then had to throw up a soft layup was a play he would normally hammer a dunk on.

When he is healthy, he is in my opinion arguably the 2nd best SG in basketball. He wasn't at that level in the series due to the injury which no doubt was very fortunate for the Lakers.

Spurminator
05-30-2008, 11:01 AM
Of course Manu said he was fine. But anyone who has watched him the last five years knows he wasn't 100%.

I am going to bail him out because frankly he's earned the benefit of the doubt. I know what Manu looks like driving to the basket, defense or not.

cash459
05-30-2008, 11:05 AM

WOW! :wow yet ANOTHER post with homo-erotic undertones....does it ever stop!? :lol

cash459
05-30-2008, 11:06 AM
Completely agree. It was obvious he was nowhere near his usual self. That one play last night when he beat his man but then had to throw up a soft layup was a play he would normally hammer a dunk on.

When he is healthy, he is in my opinion arguably the 2nd best SG in basketball. He wasn't at that level in the series due to the injury which no doubt was very fortunate for the Lakers.

:toast thank you to a laker fan that can post with class