PDA

View Full Version : On the bright side...

whottt
05-30-2008, 03:51 AM
The Mavs and Suns are in a hell of a lot worse shape than we are. While our bench is old, they've got 40+ mil a piece tied up in old stars that will be difficult to move. Those two teams are done...and those teams were younger than us at the beginning of the season.

Now it's time to retire a Laker era...again.

Brutalis
05-30-2008, 03:54 AM
I'm still trying to deal.

At this point I could careless what Phoenix and Dallas are doing, I knew they were toast little less than a month ago.

I want to see what really goes on this summer. Ian will be here for sure I'd bet. I wonder who retires?

I will get no rest for a couple days for sure.

SpursFan0728
05-30-2008, 04:02 AM
I really hope Spurs have control on whats happening with Splitter...

maybe give him one more year and bring him over meanwhile we give Ian a chance this year.

just gotta wait and see

DespЏrado
05-30-2008, 04:37 AM
On the bright side next year is an odd numbered year. Might as well name the 08 champions the pace holder champs until we take it back....

Bob Lanier
05-30-2008, 04:54 AM
Where's the Mavs' $40 million coming from?

Jason Kidd's expiring contract, sure, but that's $20 million. Finley's contract just came off the books. Nowitzki is not old, nor is he unmovable, nor is he overpaid. Howard and Terry are fairly paid; Dampier probably is, too, but even though he's the closest to

old stars that will be difficult to move
he doesn't make anywhere close to $20 million; he's below $10, actually.

The Mavs are actually in pretty good financial shape. Team shape is another story.

But yeah, the Suns are fucked.

objective
05-30-2008, 05:02 AM
Suns aren't in as bad a shape as they could be, they do have the 15th pick of the draft, and that could be a key rotation player next year (like Stuckey).

Of course, that assumes they don't trade the pick for cash.