PDA

View Full Version : bonner

coachmac87
05-30-2008, 04:05 AM
i think he was robbed this playoff run.

pop gave him no chance. and i think he could have produced if he was givin more minutes. it made me sick seeing robert horry taking his minutes. robert horry did JACK SHIT. he to me had the worst season on the spurs. he could not rebound or shoot. he defended well..but very little. i think bonner could have been used in the hornet series and LA series. he is a underrated rebounder. and he can shoot the open 3. i think he needs to play a lot next season. he isnt good trade bait so we might as well let it all hang out.we will never know if he can play if we dont give him a chance. i mean we have 82 games to do it. i still dont think homecourt matters for the spurs. just need health.

manu plays in spurts during the season. 65 games would be perfect. rest him all you can!!!!!

tony plays every game. he can score.young. needs to really be our #1 scorer

seriously rest tim every other back2back. he looked really slow this run.i hope it was fatigue and not a loss in his step. FUCKING WORK ON LEFT HAND!!!

and groom the rest of the team. epecially bonner

coachmac87
05-30-2008, 04:25 AM
i totally agree

Sam
05-30-2008, 06:00 AM
I do agree with you. If he is truly Horry's replacement then this was the year to play him.

intlspurshk
05-30-2008, 06:36 AM
He miss defensive rotation. When he defends, he is 2 to 3 bodies away from the opponent and his arm is short!!!

BTW, his shooting % is not too appealing. Yes, he hustle but, unlike the old Malik, he is not strong enough to box out PF/C in playoff team.

I don't understand why he was signed for 3 million last year. Totally waste of $

Bruno
05-30-2008, 07:13 AM
Pop has done a poor job as managing Bonner this year. He has put him in the doghouse to have Horry in shape for the playoffs.
With hindsight, it was a mistake. While we don't know what Bonner could have done in these playoffs, Horry was quite bad.

For next year, Pop needs to decide what will be Bonner's role before the start of the season :
- If Pop thinks that he can be a part of a contender's rotation, he must give him consistent playing time through the year and works with him.
- If Pop thinks that he isn't good enough, Pop should give consistent playing time to another player and Bonner should spend the whole season in the doghouse or be traded if a team wants him.

I want that Pop give consistent playing time to its players next year.

wildbill2u
05-30-2008, 07:30 AM
Bonner would have given the team a hustle lift and some rebounding if nothing else. How much worse defense, no-hustle and rebounding could you play than some of our ancient leadfoots?

Bonner had a few pretty good games and a few where he didn't defend well--but Pop never gave him the regular season minutes he needed to develop. If they weren't going to play him and didn't think he was worth some minutes, then they shouldn't have given him a three year contract for Scola money.

This waste of Bonner makes the Scola trade even more indefensible.

Well, the season is over and there's no use crying over spilt milk.

ballhog
05-30-2008, 07:55 AM
The personnel moves the past off-season doomed the Spurs this season. Let's hope they don't make the same mistakes. Lose the shitty players and go with some youth for God's sake.

T Park
05-30-2008, 07:55 AM
:lmao

leemajors
05-30-2008, 08:12 AM
I thought they could have put him on odom for a possession or two just to see how badly he got used.

sagrzmnky
05-30-2008, 08:26 AM
He miss defensive rotation. When he defends, he is 2 to 3 bodies away from the opponent and his arm is short!!!

BTW, his shooting % is not too appealing. Yes, he hustle but, unlike the old Malik, he is not strong enough to box out PF/C in playoff team.

I don't understand why he was signed for 3 million last year. Totally waste of $
Horry did better? Horry was given the chance and wasted it. Bonner was not given that chance.

Anti.Hero
05-30-2008, 09:30 AM
:lmao

Should have gotten Finley's minutes.