PDA

View Full Version : Celtics will win the Nba Championship

Red Hawk #21
05-30-2008, 07:59 AM
As much as it pains me to say the Celtics will be the 2008 nba champions, they should have lost to us in the first round if Garnett was suspended for shovng the ref, but KG was not suspended so they thrashed us in game 7 lol. Then no one on the Cavs could hit a shot in game 7(Fuck Wally sczerbiak :bang) except Lebron and the few shots Delonte West hit.Then the Pistons now have injuries to their key starters in Chauncey and Rip so they most likely lose the series.

Don't get me wrong Laker fans, I enjoy watching your team Alot but I just do not think they have the defensive principles needed to beat the Celtics. The Celtics defense is stifling, I still remember the games we lost in Boston when we just couldn't hit a shot. But good luck to both teams It should be an EPIC series. :toast: :lobt:

Allanon
05-30-2008, 08:01 AM
I think the Spurs are a better team than the Celtics. Their defense is better.

Watching that Cav/Celtic series, I have confidence the Lakers will win it all this year now that they've gotten past the Spurs. That's IF the Celtics make it past the Pistons but with Rip injured, they probably will.

Either way, the Lakers have a week to rest and recharge while the Celtics and Pistons keep on playing. I'm rooting for the Pistons to win or at least make it 7 games.

Red Hawk #21
05-30-2008, 08:10 AM
The reason I have doubts is because alot of shooters struggle when they face the Celtics defense and the X-factor for the Lakers are usually their shooters- Fisher, Farmar, Vujacic, Luke Walton, Vlad Rad. Kobe, Pau, and Lamar can't get it done by themselves they need those guys to step up and if they can't I think they lose the series. And I also think Pau will have a tough time if Kg is the one who guards him, I really hope Im wrong though...

florige
05-30-2008, 08:13 AM
I think the Spurs are a better team than the Celtics. They're defense is better.

Watching that Cav/Celtic series, I have confidence the Lakers will win it all this year now that they've gotten past the Spurs. That's IF the Celtics make it past the Pistons but with Rip injured, they probably will.

Either way, the Lakers have a week to rest and recharge while the Celtics and Pistons keep on playing. I'm rooting for the Pistons to win or at least make it 7 games.

The Celtics can score a hell of alot better than we can. I think you guys will steamroll Detroit. Boston probably a 7 gamer.

DBryant88
05-30-2008, 08:27 AM
The Celtics can score a hell of alot better than we can. I think you guys will steamroll Detroit. Boston probably a 7 gamer.

agait wont be a seven gamer vs the lakers. lakers in 5

nkdlunch
05-30-2008, 12:54 PM
The Celtics can score a hell of alot better than we can.

dude you have obviously not been watching the Celtics in the playoffs. That is not true. Celtics struggle scoring more than Spurs.

Celtics are gonna get their ass kicked by Lakers. Book it

balli
05-30-2008, 12:58 PM
Lakers are going to beat them up and take their lunch money. LA in 5.

florige
05-30-2008, 11:56 PM
dude you have obviously not been watching the Celtics in the playoffs. That is not true. Celtics struggle scoring more than Spurs.

Celtics are gonna get their ass kicked by Lakers. Book it

That was early on in the playoffs. Actually I think it was due to the fact of them underestimating their opponents. As the playoffs have progressed they have gotten better. And on top of that Allen is starting to shoot better now. Pierce can pretty much match Kobe points wise. We did not have a healthy Manu who could reek havoc on the otherside like Kobe was doing to us whenever he wanted. The X-factor is which Garnett is going to show up. The choker or the guy from this season with really no pressure. But don't think just because LA beat us in 5 they are going to beat Boston in 5. Boston is alot better than we are at this point. Especially with Manu injured AND with out terrible bench play outside of Barry. Boston may have swept us I hate to say.

mavs>spurs2
05-31-2008, 12:13 AM
Safe to say I won't be watching these finals.

DazedAndConfused
05-31-2008, 12:15 AM
If the Lakers win it will be because of Doc Rivers. Anyone who downplays how much coaching will be a factor in this series is a complete idiot.

That being said, I am not dumb enough to think the Lakers will steamroll BOS. BOS plays great defense and they've flat out shut the Lakers down in both their matchups this season. The Lakers really don't have an answer for Pierce and I shudder to think what Perkins and Garnett will do on the boards. Still, I have confidence in Phil coming up with a gameplan to throw the Celtics completely off their game.

Medvedenko
05-31-2008, 12:22 AM
I can see the Celtics winning in 6. They play very good at home and have now won on the road. Their big 3 will be difficult to stop, and I expect a tough battle for the lakers. We'll see if the Celtics big 3 can rise up to the rare air of the finals and perform.

Lake_show
05-31-2008, 12:23 AM
No answer for Kobe.

KobeOwnsBowen
05-31-2008, 02:15 AM
Agreed. It won't even be close.

Capt Bringdown
05-31-2008, 02:39 AM
Doc Rivers against PJ?
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha aaahhh...that's funny.

florige
05-31-2008, 09:05 AM
Doc Rivers against PJ?
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha aaahhh...that's funny.

Thats the only real glaring advantage that I see LA has. But there is too much talent on Boston. Unless Doc Rivers really manages to F things up somehow.

TampaDude
06-01-2008, 12:32 AM

Pretty much... :toast

lefty
06-01-2008, 12:50 AM
Celtics in 6 or 7.

Celtics are younger, healthier and a tad deeper than San Antonio.

Lakers_55
06-01-2008, 01:01 AM
Celtics in 6 or 7.

lefty, I know you are one of the best Spurs fans here and are picking Boston over LA, but I think you got your post wrong. I know if SA had beaten us you would be picking SA to beat Boston, and you would have been right.

Seriously as well, I think this is a time for SA fans to cheer LA on. Your team name will be heard in the finals, that's the goal of every team that doesn't make it (spoilers, etc). You surely don't want to hear "Not even the Spurs would have beaten the 2008 Celtics". A Laker finals win further legitimizes your team and gives you more motivation next year to dethrone us. I have this posted in Spurs section, under the "Reasons to root for Boston" thread.

Red Hawk #21
06-06-2008, 12:54 PM
Damn Lakers, I want you guys to make this thread fail

Lakers08Champs
06-06-2008, 12:59 PM
Celtics in 6 or 7.

Yeah....Celtics are younger, why dont you just say the spurs are the youngest team in the nba. :lol:lol

DazedAndConfused
06-06-2008, 01:17 PM
It's one game, and LAL hasn't lost at home yet so I don't see why everyone is all of a sudden predicting this series. If anything Game 1 showed us how evenly matched the two teams are, the game was tight until the final minutes.

The adjustments begin now and the series will start to take shape. I didn't see enough from either team to make me pull one way or another.

xtremesteven33
06-06-2008, 01:25 PM
Celtics will win this series.

Gasol is a weenie
Odom is inconsistent
and Kobe cannot win by himself

Celtics in 7

SpursDynasty
06-06-2008, 01:35 PM
The Celtics were 66-16 including 25-5 vs. the West. The Lakers were only 57-25. The Lakers have the regular season record of a second round elimination team.

These Lakers don't belong in the Finals.

Budkin
06-06-2008, 01:40 PM
As SD would say, the Celtics were just shooting some shots, and ended up beating a team they were supposed to beat.

Red Hawk #21
06-06-2008, 02:00 PM
The Celtics were 66-16 including 25-5 vs. the West. The Lakers were only 57-25. The Lakers have the regular season record of a second round elimination team.

Hi jeff

stretch
06-06-2008, 03:12 PM

hi jeff

hows the drumming going

Red Hawk #21
06-13-2008, 11:20 AM
Damn I guess the Lakers will lose, what a shame. If only they had better defense they would have been able to get another championship. We'll see what happens in the future.

Red Hawk #21
06-18-2008, 01:20 PM
As much as I dislike Kg's attitude he deserved this championship, all of those years he was in Minnesota suffering and he had no help. He never whined and never complained all he did was work hard, Kg now has my respect. I was proud to see him lift up the larry o'brien trophy last night. :lobt: