PDA

View Full Version : Kobe > TD

FoxMulder
05-30-2008, 08:50 AM
Watching the game last night i must say than I never see TD carrying his team like Kobe did in the past four games.
Even when i donīt like Kobe for his arrogant way I must say he is awesome and when he is in the rythm is unstoppable.
TD is dependable and great player but isnīt the player who can give by himself a victory for his team.
What do you think?

MadDog73
05-30-2008, 08:53 AM
I don't think it's a fair comparison.

Tim can carry the Spurs by himself, he's done it before, but yes, Kobe is a better scorer.

Oh, Gee!!
05-30-2008, 08:56 AM
Kobe's obviously a better offensive player than TD (or anyone else on the planet for that matter). TD did his thing in the past, and I'm happy to have watched him play in the Silver & Black.

Whatever happens with our team in the future, I'll always be grateful the 4 championship seasons. Kudos Spurs.

ambchang
05-30-2008, 09:14 AM
Never? 2003, 1999, even in losing efforts in 2002. Duncan had carried this team plenty of times throughout his career.

Stop the "what have you done for me lately" mentality.

TDMVPDPOY
05-30-2008, 09:22 AM
dude seriously theres a huge difference between wing players and low post players....

do you expect a low post player to go out 18ft and start doing jumpshots? compared to a wing who has more range?

FoxMulder
05-30-2008, 09:26 AM
Never? 2003, 1999, even in losing efforts in 2002. Duncan had carried this team plenty of times throughout his career.

Stop the "what have you done for me lately" mentality.

TD is a hell of player, but in the crunch of time Kobe is the best... I know that without TD any championship dream is just that, a dream...

Both need a good team around but Kobe sometimes looks unstoppable even with the best defender over him, TD with a good defense looks like just a good player.

implacable44
05-30-2008, 09:28 AM
and in other breaking news -- men like boobs

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-30-2008, 09:29 AM
Right now? You're probably right, but during his MVP seasons Tim looked just as dominant and unstoppable. It's just what one should expect from an MVP of the NBA.

Bigzax
05-30-2008, 09:32 AM
How many rings does Kobes have w/o Shaq again?

Please put the hurt on 'em Doc...

i can't believe you bastards gonna make me cheer for Garnett...

FoxMulder
05-30-2008, 09:33 AM

:lmao

SAGambler
05-30-2008, 09:44 AM

And Ray Allen.

Mj23foreva
05-30-2008, 10:46 AM

Are you kidding me? Replace Bryant with Duncan on those Lakers teams that lost in the first round where Kwame brown was their 2nd scoring option and lets see how he does. Open your eyes you ignorant fool, every superstar needs a good supporting cast.

Take away Manu or Parker and see how many rings Duncan has now.

This year will prove Kobe doesnt need Shaq to win, just need good supporting players.

duncan228
05-30-2008, 10:48 AM
What do you think?

I think you haven't been a Spurs fan very long.

KB_MVP
05-30-2008, 11:30 AM
How many rings does TD have with out the players he's got.... plus Kobe is the best in the league right now. You can deny it all you wnat but deep down you know its true.

Anti.Hero
05-30-2008, 11:33 AM
Fuck Kobe. Dance puppets dance!

bragz
05-30-2008, 11:49 AM
Kobe is truly an awsome basketball player but his team skills are lacking if even there. In a 1 on 1 game I would take Kobe over anyone in the league. I hate Kobe and the Lakers as much as the next guy but...

rasho8
05-30-2008, 12:18 PM
Are you kidding me? Replace Bryant with Duncan on those Lakers teams that lost in the first round where Kwame brown was their 2nd scoring option and lets see how he does. Open your eyes you ignorant fool, every superstar needs a good supporting cast.

This year will prove Kobe doesnt need Shaq to win, just need good supporting players.

You call Gasol a 'supporting player'

That guy is an all star and is not in a support role.

JamStone
05-30-2008, 12:21 PM

At least one. Probably at least 2.

MadDog73
05-30-2008, 12:21 PM
Tim Duncan was the only consistent Spur in this series.

A better thread would have been Kobe > Manu

angel_luv
05-30-2008, 12:23 PM
Kobe is way better than Timmy when it comes to talking about himself- that I will give you.

CubanMustGo
05-30-2008, 12:26 PM
How many rings does TD have with out the players he's got.... plus Kobe is the best in the league right now. You can deny it all you wnat but deep down you know its true.

Considering the Spurs have totally turned over since the first TD championship, your argument fails.

GSH
05-30-2008, 12:27 PM
Watching the game last night i must say than I never see TD carrying his team like Kobe did in the past four games.
Even when i donīt like Kobe for his arrogant way I must say he is awesome and when he is in the rythm is unstoppable.
TD is dependable and great player but isnīt the player who can give by himself a victory for his team.
What do you think?

In case you didn't notice, Kobe couldn't give his team a victory by himself without Shaq or Pao Gasol. Duncan was a hell of a lot more on his own in this series than Kobe.

Don't buy into the bullshit.

KobeOwnsBowen
05-30-2008, 05:15 PM
Agreed. Kobe is a heck of a more threat on the offensive side. He has some point guard skills as well a la Chris Paul. He is LA's best defensive player. Yeah overall I would say that he is better than Duncan.

v2freak
05-30-2008, 05:23 PM
If you're arguing that Duncan should have taken upwards of 30 shots like Kobe, I sort of agree. Duncan was so aggressive in the first quarter and then turned into a pass machine. It was great, but I think it made the offense incredibly sickly.

Lakers14Titles
05-30-2008, 05:34 PM
In case you didn't notice, Kobe couldn't give his team a victory by himself without Shaq or Pao Gasol. Duncan was a hell of a lot more on his own in this series than Kobe.

Don't buy into the bullshit.

What a load of crap Spurfan. Terrible take. As if Pau Gasol was dominating anyone this series. This series was about Kobe. Period. This season has been about Kobe.