PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday, Rasho!

angel_luv
05-30-2008, 10:17 AM
:king:downspin::danceclub:birthday:

:D

Don Quixote
05-30-2008, 10:28 AM
How old is he??

And what is it with you and Slovenians? Is this boyfriend of yours from there?

angel_luv
05-30-2008, 10:52 AM
How old is he??

And what is it with you and Slovenians? Is this boyfriend of yours from there?

I think Sho is 32 this year.
My mind is otherwise occupied so I am not nearly as conscious of Sho trivia as I used to be.

I have always been a fan of Rasho's and through that learned about his country and met people on here who are from there.
Have you ever been a part of the Slovenian National Team thread? Best one ever.
Awesome place and awesome people, I think.

My boyfriend is not from Slovenia but he is a Rasho fan as well, so close enough. :)

Don Quixote
05-30-2008, 11:06 AM
I am actually impressed with your love for the Slovenian people. Have you ever considered some type of missions work over there? At least short-term?

I am interested in the Middle East (Jews & Moslems), and also counter-cult ministry.

Slo spurs fan
05-30-2008, 11:17 AM
Hi V.

Slo spurs fan
05-30-2008, 11:18 AM
I am actually impressed with your love for the Slovenian people. Have you ever considered some type of missions work over there? At least short-term?

I am interested in the Middle East (Jews & Moslems), and also counter-cult ministry.

You must be joking, right?

Don Quixote
05-30-2008, 11:20 AM
Not at all. I've received some training in that area, and am well-aware of the long-standing tensions there. I am not optimistic that they will ever get along, except for a few. But I also happen to know several Christians who used to be Jews and Moslems who have forgiven each other. So it's possible.

And yes, I am interested in missions.

Slo spurs fan
05-30-2008, 11:27 AM
Not at all. I've received some training in that area, and am well-aware of the long-standing tensions there. I am not optimistic that they will ever get along, except for a few. But I also happen to know several Christians who used to be Jews and Moslems who have forgiven each other. So it's possible.

And yes, I am interested in missions.

Why are you mixing Slovenia in there? (mid east)

Don Quixote
05-30-2008, 11:34 AM
No ... Slovenia is eastern Europe, no? I do not consider eastern Europe to be a part of the Middle East. What is the situation of Islam in Slovenia? And, if I may ask, are you Jewish or Moslem?

But it is not impossible for the Jew and the Moslem to forgive, either, in the Middle East. One of my best friends is currently in Nazareth, in Israel, and he is a Christian missionary who also teaches at a small seminary there. He has made good friends among both Jews and Moslems. Would you care to meet him?

angel_luv
05-30-2008, 11:37 AM
Hi V.

Slo!!!!!!!!

Way too long no see.
Hi! How are you? :)

angel_luv
05-30-2008, 11:47 AM

I would love to spend some time in Slovenia. In fact, I fully intend to. :)

Don Quixote
05-30-2008, 11:50 AM
What church do you attend in S.A.? I have close connections with the IMB (Southern Baptists), but I also know people of other mission boards who are not Baptist. I could help you get in touch with them, if you were interested. The best way to start in missions is to take a short trip -- 1 week or so.

How is your Slovenian? You study it?

I also work with a guy here in New Orleans who spent some time in Amman, Jordan, and the Sudan. He's building an outreach to Moslems here.

Slo spurs fan
05-30-2008, 11:56 AM
No ... Slovenia is eastern Europe, no? I do not consider eastern Europe to be a part of the Middle East. What is the situation of Islam in Slovenia? And, if I may ask, are you Jewish or Moslem?

But it is not impossible for the Jew and the Moslem to forgive, either, in the Middle East. One of my best friends is currently in Nazareth, in Israel, and he is a Christian missionary who also teaches at a small seminary there. He has made good friends among both Jews and Moslems. Would you care to meet him?

Slovenia is in middle Europe. Our neighbours are Austia, Italy, Hungary and Croatia. Right about now Slovenia is Presidental country in European Union. Our currency is Euro. App 90% of people are christians. I am atheist.

Slo spurs fan
05-30-2008, 11:57 AM
Slo!!!!!!!!

Way too long no see.
Hi! How are you? :)

Much better now, when I have more free time again. I have been lurking here from time to time anyway.

angel_luv
05-30-2008, 11:58 AM
Much better now, when I have more free time again. I have been lurking here from time to time anyway.

I am glad you are well. Hope the family is too. :)

Ready for the Olympic qualifying tournament?

Slo spurs fan
05-30-2008, 11:59 AM
I am glad you are well. Hope the family is too. :)

Ready for the Olympic qualifying tournament?

Pumped up and ready:lol! My two diamonds are wery well also!:toast

Don Quixote
05-30-2008, 12:00 PM
Well, I am glad to meet you. I also know people who love and are concerned about the people of Europe and Slovenia. My particular interest is the Middle East and the Islamic world. But I would love to travel to Slovenia sometime. I have heard it is beautiful, and so are the women! :)

How is the food?

clambake
05-30-2008, 12:04 PM
:lmao the phony preacher is a stalker. :lmao

Slo spurs fan
05-30-2008, 12:05 PM
Well, I am glad to meet you. I also know people who love and are concerned about the people of Europe and Slovenia. My particular interest is the Middle East and the Islamic world. But I would love to travel to Slovenia sometime. I have heard it is beautiful, and so are the women! :)

How is the food?
Nice to "meet" you too.
You will be pleasenty surprised.
True:downspin:
TRUE!!!:married:
I think it is very good (Well, I am a professional cook:lol).:toast

Don Quixote
05-30-2008, 12:08 PM
I live in New Orleans, home of many great restaurants. The food here is excellent. No, I cannot cook as well as they can -- but I try.

I'd definitely help send Angel_Luv to Slovenia, though, if just for a week.

BlackSwordsMan
05-30-2008, 12:14 PM
too bad he couldn't do shit for the spurs

Don Quixote
05-30-2008, 12:47 PM
ummm ... yeah.

Moslem/Muslim is merely the transliteration of the Arabic. Both are acceptable spellings.

Don Quixote
05-30-2008, 03:49 PM
And seriously ... have you ever tried transliterating from modern Hebrew? There are no vowels!! Even with modern critical editions of the Old Testament, which have the Masoretic vowel pointers, you can spell most names and places a variety of ways.

I understand that Slovenians are more passionate about their sports than Americans would ever dream of being. True?

velik_m
05-30-2008, 04:03 PM
Have you ever been a part of the Slovenian National Team thread?

Which reminds me...

angelbelow
05-31-2008, 01:51 AM
lol... happy birthday!

Slo spurs fan
05-31-2008, 01:22 PM
I understand that Slovenians are more passionate about their sports than Americans would ever dream of being. True?

T.R.U.E.!!!!:ihit

angel_luv
05-30-2009, 08:46 AM
:king:downspin::danceclub:birthday:

:D

Is that time again.

Happy Birthday, Sho! :)

Bukefal
05-30-2009, 08:55 AM

Slovenia is not eastern europe and has never been a part behind the iron curtain.