PDA

View Full Version : Could Kelvin Sampson be brought in?

Fabbs
05-30-2008, 10:46 AM
I know it's impossible to believe Pop could have done anything differently to protect those 20 and 17 pt leads along with the 93-91 Gm 4 that ends up having Pop at 8-17 and 1-3 playoff series vs Phil.

But could bringing in Kelvin Sampson fulltime as an assistant coach or maybe just to "hang out" with Pop be the key to another title?

Could the front office trade some future draft pics along with cash to buyout Sampsons recently signed Milwaukee contract?

SenorSpur
05-30-2008, 10:50 AM
I know it's impossible to believe Pop could have done anything differently to protect those 20 and 17 pt leads along with the 93-91 Gm 4 that ends up having Pop at 8-17 and 1-3 playoff series vs Phil.

But could bringing in Kelvin Sampson fulltime as an assistant coach or maybe just to "hang out" with Pop be the key to another title?

Could the front office trade some future draft pics along with cash to buyout Sampsons recently signed Milwaukee contract?

Where've you been? Sampson signed on as an assistant coach with Scott Skiles in Milwaukee.

K-State Spur
05-30-2008, 10:51 AM
What about Kelvin Sampson screams "lead holder"?

Indazone
05-30-2008, 10:55 AM
Kelvin Sampson? Wasn't he the IU coach who got fired?

bigdog
05-30-2008, 11:13 AM
yeah he's the former IU coach. And for Fabbs, there's no way you can trade for a coach's contract, or send cash to buy it out.

Fabbs
05-30-2008, 12:03 PM
I think this FO and Pop can find a way to make it work.

JamStone
05-30-2008, 12:22 PM
I don't know if this is some kind of joke, and if it is, I don't get it. But, why would Kelvin Sampson have been someone who would have helped?

Fabbs
05-30-2008, 06:58 PM
^^ yes JamStone it's a joke/parody.
Phil Jackson realizes his limited offensive coaching ability and so gives authority to Tex Winter. Lord Poppy staunchly refuses to turn the O over to someone much better then he is at it. Pops idea of seeking advice is to bring in Kelvin Sampson while we were fighting for seeding in the West. What did the Spurs go while Kelvin was here, 2-8. Pssssh. What does Sampson know about the pro game that he was brought in. Compare Tex W to Sampson. Pretty much sums up the difference:

4-1 Phil Jackson vs Pop playoff series.
17-8 overall games.
Not sure how many other 17 and 20 point lead games 'Zit blew in the 4 playoff series losses.

IMO Poppycock had the better roster in 4 of those 5 playoff series, including this year. All this blather about Manu being injured. Duh, and whose job is it to realize he is injured and adjust the playing time and strategy accordingly. How long did we wait to see Barrdog go for 23 in 27?

We were gassed? Oh, well then how about subbing in more players earlier in the game and series so the primetimers would be good in the 4th.

They say after halftime and after timeouts is when a lot of coaching accumen gets measured due to adjustments/called plays. Poppycock got freakin OWNED in both catogories.

SPARKY
05-30-2008, 07:06 PM
If Mike Bud ends up in Phoenix then perhaps AJ becomes the top assistant in SA.

Fabbs
05-30-2008, 07:27 PM
^^ it would be fitting. :lol The guy who blew a 2-0 Finals series and up 14 late 3rd qtr lead to join Poppy. :bang