PDA

View Full Version : Why is Kobe allowed to.......

ctown916
05-30-2008, 11:43 AM
yell, scream, jump and pout at the officials on every play yet he never gets called for a Technical? I thought the league was going with a no tolerance rule a few years back? Sheed gets t'd up for talking but last night on at least 4 occasions i saw Kobe absolutely go nuts right in front of the officials. Im not a Kobe hater i think hes a great player. Im just curious as to why he gets away with this.

LakeShow
05-30-2008, 11:47 AM
yell, scream, jump and pout at the officials on every play yet he never gets called for a Technical? I thought the league was going with a no tolerance rule a few years back? Sheed gets t'd up for talking but last night on at least 4 occasions i saw Kobe absolutely go nuts right in front of the officials. Im not a Kobe hater i think hes a great player. Im just curious as to why he gets away with this.

Jordan Rules!

NBA Junkie
05-30-2008, 11:50 AM
He's a star on a large market team that David Stern desperately wanted in the finals.

No doubt he told the officials to swallow their whistles in regards to LA and Boston.

ctown916
05-30-2008, 12:00 PM
Jordan Rules!

Why would the league institute a no-tolerance policy but not hold Kobe to the same standards?

LakeShow
05-30-2008, 12:03 PM
Why would the league institute a no-tolerance policy but not hold Kobe to the same standards?

Kobe > NBA

Jordan used to go off on referee's and would never get called for a technical. Superstars get special treatment. Tim Duncan gets the same treatment.

Spur-Addict
05-30-2008, 12:08 PM

The league gives star power to youth and they never grow up. While those who keep it honest are shunned or so called "discilpined" because of the lack of entertainment.

Spur-Addict
05-30-2008, 12:09 PM
Kobe > NBA

Jordan used to go off on referee's and would never get called for a technical. Superstars get special treatment. Tim Duncan gets the same treatment.

There is a difference, Tim doesn't complain every play. Kobe believes he's the best thing before the IPOD, he's not.

jack sommerset
05-30-2008, 12:09 PM

I think he lead the league in technical fouls.

Spur-Addict
05-30-2008, 12:11 PM
Also, people need to stop putting Jordans name around Kobes in any context. It just doesn't sound right no matter how much your delusional mind wants it to.

BlackSwordsMan
05-30-2008, 12:13 PM
He swung his fist in last nights game after a call wasn't called and didn't get a technical.

LakeShow
05-30-2008, 12:16 PM
There is a difference, Tim doesn't complain every play. Kobe believes he's the best thing before the IPOD, he's not.

:wow Tim doesn't complain every play? uh ok

rAm
05-30-2008, 01:03 PM
:wow Tim doesn't complain every play? uh ok

He doesn't say "That's fucking bullshit" so loud that the TNT cameras pick it up.

LakeShow
05-30-2008, 02:04 PM
He doesn't say "That's fucking bullshit" so loud that the TNT cameras pick it up.

Timmie speaks softly! I'm pretty sure he's said something like that before. What was that he said to Joey Crawford when he was ejected? hmmm

Marklar MM
05-30-2008, 02:10 PM

Nothing new. Thats a staple in Sheed's vocabulary on the court. :lol

David Stern
05-30-2008, 02:11 PM
He's a star on a large market team that David Stern desperately wanted in the finals.

No doubt he told the officials to swallow their whistles in regards to LA and Boston.

:hat

Spur-Addict
05-30-2008, 02:13 PM
Nothing new. Thats a staple in Sheed's vocabulary on the court. :lol

Sheed gets screwed alot. WAYYY TOOO MUCH

:wakeup

rAm
05-30-2008, 02:14 PM
Timmie speaks softly! I'm pretty sure he's said something like that before. What was that he said to Joey Crawford when he was ejected? hmmm

I just noticed Kobe doing it last night. I have seen Duncan's "Who me?" eyes thousands of times and that is pretty much the most he does. Joey is just an immature ref who let his emotions get the best of him, that situation has nothing to do with this.

Spurs players will go up and talk to the ref, but they rarely (if ever) walk away cussing.

LakeShow
05-30-2008, 02:19 PM
I just noticed Kobe doing it last night. I have seen Duncan's "Who me?" eyes thousands of times and that is pretty much the most he does. Joey is just an immature ref who let his emotions get the best of him, that situation has nothing to do with this.

Spurs players will go up and talk to the ref, but they rarely (if ever) walk away cussing.

I've listened to several players say that before. Timmie saying that so it could be heard, while walking away is relevent to the comment about kobe.

I've seen Jordan do alot worse. Jordan was so mad one game he was cussing and calling the ref's dorks from the bench and they did nothing. Superstars will get a little leadway. Fans pay money to see those players so they don't want to kick them out unless it's really necessary.

rAm
05-30-2008, 02:31 PM
I've listened to several players say that before. Timmie saying that so it could be heard, while walking away is relevent to the comment about kobe.

I've seen Jordan do alot worse. Jordan was so mad one game he was cussing and calling the ref's dorks from the bench and they did nothing. Superstars will get a little leadway. Fans pay money to see those players so they don't want to kick them out unless it's really necessary.

I'll give you that.