PDA

View Full Version : 2008 NBA Draft - Prospects

Gino2882
05-30-2008, 12:41 PM
Just checking out ESPN's mock draft and looking at some of the players who have the potential to be available at the Spurs pick. There a few that really, really stand out as potential big additions.

Roy Hibbert - 7'2 260 pounds, he is a very good defensive player who can score. Not a great rebounder for his size, but could really be a difference on defense for the Spurs.

Bill Walker - The forgotten man at K-State, this guy has top 10 talent. Two ACL injuries, one in 03 and 07 has his stock down. But, if anyone seen the K-State/USC game, Walker was dominant. Excellent at driving to the basket and can shoot the J with ease.

K-State Spur
05-30-2008, 01:56 PM
Just checking out ESPN's mock draft and looking at some of the players who have the potential to be available at the Spurs pick. There a few that really, really stand out as potential big additions.

Roy Hibbert - 7'2 260 pounds, he is a very good defensive player who can score. Not a great rebounder for his size, but could really be a difference on defense for the Spurs.

Bill Walker - The forgotten man at K-State, this guy has top 10 talent. Two ACL injuries, one in 03 and 07 has his stock down. But, if anyone seen the K-State/USC game, Walker was dominant. Excellent at driving to the basket and can shoot the J with ease.

Hibbert would give us a banger, but I would like something more out of the first round pick.

As for Walker - there are only about 5 guys in the entire draft that have a higher ceiling. That said, he probably won't be a big contributor until 3 years from now. He doesn't "shoot the J with ease" - in fact, his jumper is still pretty terrible. But he can drive the hole and he has a decent set shot from 3. One reason he won't appeal to the Spurs - he doesn't like to play defense. One reason that he might appeal to the Spurs - he's big and strong enough to play the 4 in an extreme small ball line-up.

I'm still in the corner of guys who are a little further along like CDR or Courtney Lee.

21_Blessings
05-30-2008, 02:02 PM
Spurs have no 1st round draft pick. Sam Presti is laughing his ass off somewhere

Bruno
05-30-2008, 02:04 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84174

Bruno
05-30-2008, 02:04 PM
Spurs have no 1st round draft pick. Sam Presti is laughing his ass off somewhere

Get a clue.

remingtonbo2001
05-30-2008, 02:07 PM
Get a clue.

You really shouldn't hold such high expectations for bandwagon fans.

Their elementary knowledge of basketball is quite typical.

mrspurs
05-30-2008, 03:15 PM
we need an impact player right off the bat....we dont have time to teach a rookie how to play nba ball.....or, we completly start over, lose games this season, rest up this season, and grab a top 3 pick the following yr....not like it hasnt happened before..go spurs go

Mr. Body
05-30-2008, 04:17 PM
As said elsewhere, people have floated trading back into the second... Wolves and Blazers both have two very early 2nd rounders and may rather have a stronger pick than multiple players. That said, reports are Detroit is looking to do the same thing. I think in the early second there's not a huge drop-off in talent from the 26 pick, unless there's a drop.

SenorSpur
05-30-2008, 04:25 PM
This is no time for the Spurs to get cute. If a guy like Bantum is available, they need to stay put and go for it. In fact, they should be looking at how top move up into the mid-round area to get someone like Brandon Rush.

Mr. Body
05-30-2008, 04:28 PM
I'm basing on someone not dropping so far. I don't think Rush or Batum will be available and see no earthly way they'll move up in the round (when have they ever??). Regardless, they cannot trade the pick before using it, as per league rules, so they'll know who's there for any contingency trades.