PDA

View Full Version : for those suggesting trading manu

ducks
05-30-2008, 01:26 PM
who in the heck would you get back in = value in return

I for one would not trade him.
the only downside to manu is you really can not play him 30 minutes a game
and really should only play him 6-7 minutes at a time.
with his contract it would be nicer if he could play closer to 35 minutes a night.
I also would like to see him develop a midrange jumpshot.
he shots threes and layups
if he does not have his legs three pointers are alot harder to make
so if he could make midrange jumpshot it would help

jag
05-30-2008, 01:50 PM
I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting we trade Manu...

ducks
05-30-2008, 01:52 PM
i'd be willing just to trade manu

jag
05-30-2008, 01:56 PM
rfbulletdude??

Who the F is that?

I'll play along...

I dont think anyone with half a brain, that actually has basketball takes that matter, want's to trade Manu.

Kori Ellis
05-30-2008, 02:00 PM
I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting we trade Manu...

Many people are, unfortunately. Some are also suggesting trading Tony and Bruce. But they are all ridiculous. Tim, Manu, Tony & Bruce aren't going anywhere.

Bruno
05-30-2008, 02:03 PM
Spurs should trade ducks for Lebron...

mVp
05-30-2008, 02:03 PM
It's crazy, to say the least.

AztecPrincss
05-30-2008, 02:13 PM
MANU Tim duncan .Bowen.Udoka and thomas shouldnt be traded..

MadDog73
05-30-2008, 02:29 PM
For the record, I said in another thread that Trading Manu + Tony for Kobe would not be a stupid trade.

It's a debateable trade, but as the odds of such a trade happening now are next to nil, it's really a moot point.

mytespurs
05-30-2008, 02:32 PM
There may come a time when Manu will be traded or released. I don't think it's that time yet. I think he has some good years left. I couldn't imagine him other than a Spur.

Brutalis
05-30-2008, 02:34 PM
I say deal Barry again just to piss him off.

mavs>spurs2
05-30-2008, 02:45 PM
Can anyone explain to me why Ginobili can't play 30 minutes without getting fatigued and becoming useless? Is it his style of play?

beachwood
05-30-2008, 02:45 PM
If Manu rolled into a gym in a wheelchair with his Spurs uni on, I would still expect him to drop 20-5-5. He's not going anywhere.

mrspurs
05-30-2008, 02:55 PM
everyone is tradable.....manu makes untimely mistakes, always has....problem is, imo manu doesnt make up for his untimely mistakes like he used to...i would listen to anyone that of course makes sense, on other players of manu's caliber (3) years ago......go spurs go

Allanon
05-30-2008, 03:13 PM
Without a Manutrade (or Parker or Duncan), the Spurs cannot upgrade a couple quality pieces.

If you're fine with just adding more journeymen to the roster then you won't need to trade him. But you can look forward to more unknown players like Udoka joining the roster. Udoka's good but you can't rely on him.

Or, you can trade Manu for 2 quality younger guys like:
Jamal Crawford + Reynaldo Balkman
Travis Outlaw + Martell Webster
J. Childress + J. Smith
Luol Deng + Aaron Grey

Manu+Bonner for Carmelo

Kori Ellis
05-30-2008, 03:24 PM
The Spurs don't need a major upgrade. Manu is coming off his best (regular) season as a Spur. In the post season, he was just worn out and banged up. The Spurs just need to get Mahinmi ready, sign a young swingman with the MLE, fill in the gaps and try again.

1Parker1
05-30-2008, 03:25 PM
:lmao I don't even know why Spurs fans bother. There is absolutely no way that the Spurs will be trading Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, or Bowen this offseason.

1Parker1
05-30-2008, 03:26 PM
The Spurs don't need a major upgrade. Manu is coming off his best (regular) season as a Spur. In the post season, he was just worn out and banged up. The Spurs just need to get Mahinmi ready, sign a young swingman with the MLE, fill in the gaps and try again.

They need to find a quality bench player or starting SG who can create his own offense and score off the dribble.

socalspurs
05-30-2008, 03:33 PM
Manu + Splitter for Gerald Wallace, Dudley and 1st round pick in 2010

Move Bowen over to SG, start Wallace at SF, Dudley comes off the bench. Not gonna happen, but I'm just saying I'd think about it.

Ronaldo McDonald
05-30-2008, 03:53 PM
We need to get more athletic at the center position.

I've never seen Mahinmi play, so I've got no idea what to expect from him. But if he is able to provide significantly better defense on guys like David West and Odom, then that's a huge step in the right direction for us. The athleticism would also help us in the defensive rebounding department, an area that game 4 of the L.A. series showed we needed help in.

We need a point guard to come of the bench and score.

What are everyone's thoughts on Janero Pargo? I liked his scoring mentality. He seemed be struggling with his confidence in his shot at times in the Spurs series, but when he's on he's on. He looks like a willing defensive player. Not afraid to back away from taking an important shot. He's able to create his own shot. He's young, fast, and hungry.

I don't know many of the available FO's ( a lot of you guy's here no more about all this shit than me), but is Bonzi wells a good guy to look at? Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't he a free agent? If not, trading for him wouldn't be that hard, would it?

1Parker1
05-30-2008, 04:04 PM
Bonzi Wells played great in 2006 and hasn't done anything since. He was actually the Spurs MVP against the Hornets as he made a couple of suspect decisions forcing the issue, leaving the open man, and basically playing like Michael Finley lite, except I'd argue that even Finley is more consistent than Bonzi. Which is saying something.

EJK5032
05-30-2008, 04:10 PM
for those suggesting trading Manu...........

you are not thinking clearly. don't let the shock of this loss cloud your judgment.

Ginobili is the MAN-u !!!

ducks
05-30-2008, 05:43 PM
bumb
see people want him traded

Septic
05-30-2008, 05:56 PM
He was injured what the fuck do you want from him. Just stfu I hope he never gets traded.

rascal
05-30-2008, 05:59 PM

Minor changes won't be enough. You bring in a couple of role players and the spurs are right back to what we had this year. Just a year older.

They need a major overhaul to their bench and another quality big man and a good young swingman who can play big minutes and possibly even start.

Athenea
05-30-2008, 06:05 PM
Trading Manu would be great for both parties.

Picturing Manu playing against the Spurs, not so great.

SPARKY
05-30-2008, 06:17 PM

Basically. I'd like to see them use their #26 and 45 in this year's draft on players who will be available to join the team next season. Perhaps a point and a scoring swingman. They can use the #57 for draft and stash.

Pop is going to have to give some PT to the younger players during the regular season to develop them and help keep the rest of the group fresh.

temujin
05-30-2008, 06:22 PM
Time to trade Manu for Tony.
Both SA and the Spurs would have a fair deal.

kaji157
05-30-2008, 06:47 PM
Time to trade Manu for Tony.
Both SA and the Spurs would have a fair deal.

To continue on the offtopic issues i must say that TP better moments were playing off the ball at SG, and Manu has been a very good PG for the season when he had to.