PDA

View Full Version : The Lakers have the best fans in the world.

21_Blessings
05-30-2008, 03:33 PM
It's true. Even the worst kind of Boston homer agrees.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/080530

I will say this much: The Lakers have surprisingly good fans, better than I ever expected. They know when to cheer, they know how to affect games and they're definitely not Jumbotron Robots like four-fifths of the fan bases in the league. My theory here is simple: With almost every NBA team, the real fans have been priced out, replaced by pseudo-fans who have no idea what to do and how to act, and they don't really care, anyway. This never happened in Los Angeles because the tickets were always expensive and the fans were too rich to be priced out; hence, either the same people are coming to these games that caught Showtime in the '80s, or it's the children of those people. Regardless, it's a lively, knowledgable crowd that loves Kobe more than any other NBA city loves its signature player. I can say that with complete confidence. They love him. For years and years, they stood by him, defended him, made excuses for him and kept cheering him, and now he's nearly finished vindicating the entire rollercoaster ride of an experience for them.

:lobt2: :lobt2: :lobt2: :lobt2: :lobt2: :lobt2: :lobt2: :lobt2: :lobt2: :lobt2: :lobt2: :lobt2: :lobt2: :lobt2: + :lobt2:

rAm
05-30-2008, 03:44 PM
Thanks for sharing, who are you trying to impress?

hater
05-30-2008, 03:46 PM
is that why they were booing their own team in 1st half of game 1? LOL

balli
05-30-2008, 03:52 PM
Fuck off.

http://kylemcelligott.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/chicago_cubs_logo.jpg

JamStone
05-30-2008, 04:30 PM
Lakers fans at Staples are actually the exact opposite of what Simmons claims.

There are plenty good fans and bad fans in every fan base. But, if we're talking about stadium crowds, I don't see how anyone can objectively say that Staple's have even remotely good fans.

rAm
05-30-2008, 04:34 PM
Plus they are the most annoying and immature fuckers around.

TxJudsonRocketTx
05-30-2008, 04:52 PM
Bill Simmons has obviously never attended a game in L.A and had to watch 1/4 of the fans trickle in after the 1st quarter is over with their cell phones glued to their head for the rest of the game while they drink their Starbucks and ask why players who left as free agents the year before are not in the game. As far as stadium crowds go they are the least knowledgeable fans I have ever watched basketball games with, but as far as classless that goes to the s0ns fans but thats another story. Laker fans are just all around retards for the most part, before this series started a coworker of mine who didn't even know his team was in the playoffs last year when they got beat by Phoenix told me the Lakers were going to win this series in 7 games because they had Pau(L) Gasol...Paul. And this isn't the first Lakers fan I know that only wears their jersey when the team is in the WCF. Lakers fans really do suck

Bob Lanier
05-30-2008, 04:56 PM
Bill Simmons has obviously never attended a game in L.A and had to watch 1/4 of the fans trickle in after the 1st quarter is over with their cell phones glued to their head for the rest of the game while they drink their Starbucks and ask why players who left as free agents the year before are not in the game.
Sounds like fans at the Palace of Auburn Hills to me. Except, being midwesterners, they're paunchier and drink cheap beer rather than expensive coffee.

manufor3
05-30-2008, 05:08 PM
^^ You're stupid

KobeOwnsBowen
05-30-2008, 05:17 PM
Lakers fans own Spurs fans. We get right behind our team and don't act like a bunch of punks cheering on David West's injury and shouting Horry right after.

NBA Junkie
05-30-2008, 05:28 PM
It's funny how the celebrities all show up when the Lakers are winning, but are absent when they are losing except for Dyan Cannon.

Hell, even Jack Nicholson wasn't anywhere to be found in the mid 90's until Shaq and Kobe put them back on top.

v2freak
05-30-2008, 05:29 PM
You get right behind your team when? When the Lakers do well, right?

21_Blessings
05-30-2008, 06:53 PM
Lakers fans at Staples are actually the exact opposite of what Simmons claims.

There are plenty good fans and bad fans in every fan base. But, if we're talking about stadium crowds, I don't see how anyone can objectively say that Staple's have even remotely good fans.

You have no idea what the hell you are talking about. Just because the first two rows contains bandwagon celebs doesn't mean the other 19 thousand fans are the same way. Retard.

nashzilla
05-30-2008, 07:53 PM
the 19,000 plus who were asking for Kobe's head on a pike at the beginning of the season are now the world's greatest fans?? go fuck yourself.

Anti.Hero
05-30-2008, 07:55 PM
lively, knowledgable crowd that loves Kobe more than any other NBA city loves its signature player

ahahahahahahaa

baaaaaaaaaaaaa baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

cash459
05-30-2008, 08:06 PM
is that why they were booing their own team in 1st half of game 1? LOL

:lol :lol :lol

cash459
05-30-2008, 08:10 PM
Lakers fans own Spurs fans. We get right behind our team and don't act like a bunch of punks cheering on David West's injury and shouting Horry right after.

we dont boo our own team either. :toast

cash459
05-30-2008, 08:10 PM
the 19,000 plus who were asking for Kobe's head on a pike at the beginning of the season are now the world's greatest fans?? go fuck yourself.

:lol he has no argument....like always...

LakeShow
05-30-2008, 09:11 PM
No doubt the Lakers have the best fans and regardless what others say, knowledgeable fans. Those in LA debate our team, some thru Purple and Gold shades and some who are more realistic. I'll tell you one thing, when the lakers fans are mostly all in agreement, good things happen. Lakers fans who have followed the lakers know how championship teams are built. We know the Lakers strengths and weaknesses and we know if it's good enough to win. 98% of the Lakers fans I know were confident in beating the Spurs.

A lot of fans are concerned about the Celtics but I'm not. I want to play them! They were the best in the East and in the league this season, I want to play the best.

I've witnessed 8 Championship teams and followed them throughout. I said for a long time that the Lakers would end up where they are now. I could see it in their play and most of the Lakers fans I know could see it as well.

You may not care for some of the Lakers fans delivery but they know the game!

cash459
05-30-2008, 11:16 PM
No doubt the Lakers have the best fans and regardless what others say, knowledgeable fans. Those in LA debate our team, some thru Purple and Gold shades and some who are more realistic. I'll tell you one thing, when the lakers fans are mostly all in agreement, good things happen. Lakers fans who have followed the lakers know how championship teams are built. We know the Lakers strengths and weaknesses and we know if it's good enough to win. 98% of the Lakers fans I know were confident in beating the Spurs.

A lot of fans are concerned about the Celtics but I'm not. I want to play them! They were the best in the East and in the league this season, I want to play the best.

I've witnessed 8 Championship teams and followed them throughout. I said for a long time that the Lakers would end up where they are now. I could see it in their play and most of the Lakers fans I know could see it as well.

You may not care for some of the Lakers fans delivery but they know the game!

thats a debate

efrem1
05-30-2008, 11:20 PM
Except, being midwesterners, they're paunchier and drink cheap beer rather than expensive coffee.

Ever been to South Gate or Norwalk Bob? They do the same thing. I hate LA. :ihit