Reserves:
Sandi Čebular Rosalia de Castro 196 cm 24. junij 1986
Samo Udrih Granada 195 cm 2. avgust 1979
Željko Zagorac Anwil 204 cm 9. marec 1981

Notes:
12 will be selected
Preldzic and Capin cannot both play

MIA: Nachbar, Beno, E. Lorbek, Brezec

If i had to guess Vidmar, Klobucar and Capin get cut.

ata
05-30-2008, 04:18 PM
We are so damn thin at SF!
Preldžić and Klobučar won't get cut both. One of them will stay. If Jagodnik won't be in shape, or back from injury, they may stay both. Doesn't look good for Ćapin.

It is close call between Vidmar and Zupan also.

AFAIK Joksimović plays for Hemofarm.

balli
05-30-2008, 04:18 PM
It is sometimes asked whether it is not possible to slow down the tempo somewhat, to put a check on the movement. No, comrades, it is not possible! The tempo must not be reduced! On the contrary, we must increase it as much as is within our powers and possibilities.

To slacken the tempo would mean falling behind. And those who fall behind get beaten. But we do not want to be beaten. No, we refuse to be beaten!

velik_m
05-31-2008, 12:43 AM
We are so damn thin at SF!
Preldžić and Klobučar won't get cut both. One of them will stay. If Jagodnik won't be in shape, or back from injury, they may stay both. Doesn't look good for Ćapin.

It is close call between Vidmar and Zupan also.

AFAIK Joksimović plays for Hemofarm.

Yes i just copy/pasted it from RTVSLO.

It's a shame for Capin, but we need SF's and with Sani back we can afford to cut him. But i really like his game, he can provide you with some instant offense from the bench, which is not something Nebojsa can give you - he needs a lot of shots to get hot. Damn you Boki!
Preldzic impressed me the most in last years U-21 euro, more so than Vidmar and Klobucar. I would take Zupan over Vidmar, mostly because he can help you spread the floor.

Pero
05-31-2008, 03:32 AM
Why no Boki and E. Lorbek?

velik_m
05-31-2008, 03:50 AM
Why no Boki and E. Lorbek?

Boki and Beno contract reasons. Both are FA's and don't want to get injured and they won't be able to sort get new contracts in time.

Erazem - back problems.

http://www.rtvslo.si/sport/modload.php?&c_mod=rnews&op=sections&func=read&c_menu=4&c_id=39615

timvp
05-31-2008, 03:57 AM
Thoughts on Goran Dragic? I've liked what I've seen of him. Not much of a scorer but he tries hard, plays good D and seems to be improving. I'd like the Spurs to consider him in the draft.

What do Slovenian posters think of him? What's his contract status in Europe?

Thanks.

Texas_Ranger
05-31-2008, 03:57 AM
If we don't get to the olympics I hope they'll fire Pipan.

velik_m
05-31-2008, 04:13 AM
Thoughts on Goran Dragic? I've liked what I've seen of him. Not much of a scorer but he tries hard, plays good D and seems to be improving. I'd like the Spurs to consider him in the draft.

Thanks.

Dragic is a fast guard, who hustles on the D, and has good enough scoring ability especially from the mid range.
The weak points: long range shot look a bit shaky. Foul prone, sometimes makes a bonehead play - tendency to go out of control trip in the paint and lose the ball, but that's just youth and lack of experience. His FT's could use some work.

ABA league stats: http://www.adriaticbasket.com/player.php?id=614
Averaged:
28:21mpg 12pts 72.5% 3.5rebs 3.1ast 1.7steals 2.2to 0.3blocks

Ranked 1st in 2pt% at 68.46%.
Ranked 2nd in 3pt% at 47.14%
Ranked 10th in asists with 3.11/game

Euroleague stats: http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?clubcode=lju&pcode=THB

Kobayagi
05-31-2008, 04:22 AM
Dragic is a Parker type PG. Very good at driving to the basket, good ball handling, mediocre in assists, needs improvement with his shooting.

He's not ready for the NBA.

ata
05-31-2008, 05:09 AM

Thanks.

AFAIK:
His contract status is unclear at best.
He went from Slovan (Ljubljana) to Tau Ceramica.
Slovan still claims that transfer was not OK and whole thing is in the court rooms for a while now.
In the meantime Dragič plays for Olimpija (Ljubljana) as lended player (from Tau). AFAIK he still have few years left in his contract with Tau.

Tau and Spurs - :(

themvp
05-31-2008, 06:36 AM
Who want to play for Pipan anyway? :flipoff

themvp
05-31-2008, 07:28 AM
If we don't get to the olympics I hope they'll fire Pipan.

They should got fired him long ago. :sleep

Pero
05-31-2008, 11:01 AM
And who would they get instead? ...

angel_luv
05-31-2008, 01:26 PM
You made it. :)

My favorite thread. :)

ata
05-31-2008, 02:00 PM

Especially for hot-dog, beer and dime?

Problem is our basketball association and Mr. Šešok.

angel_luv
05-31-2008, 02:30 PM
When does training camp start or has it already?

Slomo
05-31-2008, 02:59 PM

I hate Pipan. But that is a very good question :depressed

Problem is our basketball association and Mr. Šešok

Well I would start the cleanup at the top...

velik_m
05-31-2008, 04:26 PM
When does training camp start or has it already?

18th of June.

velik_m
05-31-2008, 04:34 PM

Exactly. I am all for upgrade on coaching position, but give me alternatives that are realistic and clearly better. It's nice to dream about coaches like Obradovic, but lets not forget - this is the association that send it's world championship team in economy class.

Do i think Pipan is a good coach? No, he's decent. Could we do better? Probably. Could we do worse? Yes, definitely - we all remember the times before Pipan, don't we?

21_Blessings
05-31-2008, 06:29 PM
Team sucks without Sasha (best slovenian player)

ata
06-02-2008, 03:52 AM
Boki and Beno contract reasons. Both are FA's and don't want to get injured and they won't be able to sort get new contracts in time.

Erazem - back problems.

http://www.rtvslo.si/sport/modload.php?&c_mod=rnews&op=sections&func=read&c_menu=4&c_id=39615

Back problems? Isn't he headed to Indiana tryouts?

sendman
06-02-2008, 04:55 AM
Back problems? Isn't he headed to Indiana tryouts?
What do you don't understand?
He is going to Indiana tryouts, there he'll get raped by big athletic black men and that will cause his back problems.

endrity
06-02-2008, 06:02 AM
It's interesting how times change. It was just a decade ago that Serbia, and still-hanging-on Croatia, were the hotbeds of talent from the former Yougoslav republics. Now Croatia has gone downhill fast, and Serbia hasn't produced a quality NBA player in quite some time. Pavlovic maybe, but he is from Montenegro and they are an indipendent country now.

Slovenia meanwhile, keeps producing NBA players every year. That is remarkable when you keep in mind that the population of the whole country is less than 1mil. That's a crazy ratio. It will be a shame if they don't make it to the Olympics and actually make some noise there. They are arguably the most talented team in Europe (realistically they are 3-4 behind Spain, Greece, Russia but ahead of France, Italy).

I also think it's shameless for Boki, Beno, Sasha not to compete for their national team. I know most people in the US will never understand this, but it's a big deal to everyone in Europe. Just look at the soccer Euro championships, what a huge deal they are with coverage 24/7, and the risks are the same for players.

Boki especially is a huge miss, since you guys need a good 3. Beno and Sasha are replacable, when you consider that you Becirovic and Lakovic on the team, both quality PGs.

What a 5 this would be:
Lakovic, Becirovic, Nachbar, Smodis, Nesterovic.

Texas_Ranger
06-02-2008, 06:46 AM
Team sucks without Sasha (best slovenian player)

:lol:lol:lol

Pero
06-02-2008, 06:47 AM
Sure, rub it in... :lol
It's 2 mil, not 1 btw. :)

endrity
06-02-2008, 12:14 PM
Sure, rub it in... :lol
It's 2 mil, not 1 btw. :)

still crazy good ratio

velik_m
06-02-2008, 12:43 PM
It's interesting how times change. It was just a decade ago that Serbia, and still-hanging-on Croatia, were the hotbeds of talent from the former Yougoslav republics. Now Croatia has gone downhill fast, and Serbia hasn't produced a quality NBA player in quite some time. Pavlovic maybe, but he is from Montenegro and they are an indipendent country now.

Slovenia meanwhile, keeps producing NBA players every year. That is remarkable when you keep in mind that the population of the whole country is less than 1mil. That's a crazy ratio. It will be a shame if they don't make it to the Olympics and actually make some noise there. They are arguably the most talented team in Europe (realistically they are 3-4 behind Spain, Greece, Russia but ahead of France, Italy).

I also think it's shameless for Boki, Beno, Sasha not to compete for their national team. I know most people in the US will never understand this, but it's a big deal to everyone in Europe. Just look at the soccer Euro championships, what a huge deal they are with coverage 24/7, and the risks are the same for players.

Boki especially is a huge miss, since you guys need a good 3. Beno and Sasha are replacable, when you consider that you Becirovic and Lakovic on the team, both quality PGs.

What a 5 this would be:
Lakovic, Becirovic, Nachbar, Smodis, Nesterovic.

Serbia will be back full force very soon. Last year they won U-20, U-18 and U-16 european championships as well as U-19 world championship ahead of USA.

Croatia is on a bit of a down curve, but will be playing for Olympics in this tournament just like Slovenia.

Slovenia has a good generation of players right now, the future however... well there are some good players, but not that many and not that great. When was the last time we had a quality player in NBA draft? Dragic maybe this year, maybe...

Boki will be missed because we lack SF's, but we will just have to do without him. Maybe Preldzic will be this year's Dragic and have a breakout tournament.

angel_luv
06-02-2008, 12:46 PM
18th of June.

Perfect! I will have my new computer set up and ready to go. :)

ata
06-02-2008, 02:08 PM
What do you don't understand?
He is going to Indiana tryouts, there he'll get raped by big athletic black men and that will cause his back problems.
:lmao:lmao

Thanks for explanation.

I am not very smart, but I am at least ugly

angel_luv
06-02-2008, 02:26 PM
:lmao:lmao

Thanks for explanation.

I am not very smart, but I am at least ugly

:lol

Slo spurs fan
06-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Can´t wait...

velik_m
06-08-2008, 10:27 AM
Official page for the tournament:
http://www.athens2008.fiba.com/

The schedule:

1. Composition of groups:

Group A: Brazil, Greece and Lebanon

Group B: Cape Verde, Germany and New Zealand

Group C: Canada, Korea and Slovenia

Group D: Cameroon, Croatia and Puerto Rico

2. Preliminary Round:

14th July 2008:

Game A1: Greece vs. Lebanon
Game B1: New Zealand vs. Cape Verde
Game C1: Korea vs. Slovenia
Game D1: Croatia vs. Cameroon

15th July 2008:

Game A2: Lebanon vs. Brazil
Game B2: Cape Verde vs. Germany
Game C2: Slovenia vs. Canada
Game D2: Cameroon vs. Puerto Rico

16th July 2008:

Game A3: Brazil vs. Greece
Game B3: Germany vs. New Zealand
Game C3: Canada vs. Korea
Game D3: Puerto Rico vs. Croatia

velik_m
06-08-2008, 10:27 AM
The teams placed 1st and 2nd in each group will advance to the Quarter-Finals; the teams placed 3rd in each group will be eliminated and may return home. The games of the Preliminary Round and the Quarter-Finals will be played at 13:00 hours, 15:30 hours, 19:30 hours and 22:00 hours. The exact order of games will be fixed in March.

17th July 2008: Rest Day

3. Quarter-Finals:

18th July 2008:

Game 13: A1 vs. B2
Game 14: B1 vs. A2
Game 15: C1 vs. D2
Game 16: D1 vs. C2

The games of the Quarter-Finals will be played at 13:00 hours, 15:30 hours, 19:30 hours and 22:00 hours.

4. Semi-Finals:

19th July 2008:

Game 17: Winner 13 vs. Winner 15
Game 18: Winner 14 vs. Winner 16

The two winners of the Semi-Finals will qualify for the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games. The two losers will play in the Finals the game for the 3rd place (Game 19 below) for one remaining Olympic spot. The Semi-Final games will be played at 19:00 hours and 21:30 hours.

5. Finals:

20th July 2008:

Game 19 (20:00 hours): Loser 17 vs. Loser 18

The winner will qualify for the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games.

velik_m
06-08-2008, 10:29 AM
28/05/2008
Comments: 0 | Rank it: 12345 You ranked it: No cookies - no ranking
SLO – Nesterovic considers Slovenia squad selection

LJUBLJANA (FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament for Men) - Slovenia captain Rasho Nesterovic knows there is a delicate balance to maintain in the make-up of the national squad if his country is to build on last summer and qualify for the Beijing Games.

The Slovenians were without several big-name players at EuroBasket 2007 yet at times still looked like one of the best teams in Europe in grabbing a spot at the FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament.

Some of the players absent last year have expressed the desire to come back into the team.

“The players that played at the EuroBasket in Spain did a very good thing and I think they should get the chance to finish their job,” said Nesterovic, who is coming off a strong season with the Toronto Raptors.

“The core of the national team must stay the same, if you ask me. Maybe we need two, maybe three reinforcements, but not more.”

National team coach Ales Pipan will give an indication as to which players will travel to Athens when he names his squad on Thursday.

Beno Udrih, Bostjan Nachbar, Marko Milic, Primoz Brezec and Sani Becirovic did not take part last summer.

Milic was injured while Brezec and Becirovic were in dire need of a rest.

That opened the door for youngsters like Domen Lorbek and Goran Dragic to not only break into the team but have a major impact.

Brezec has said he does not want to play this year, either, while Milic has retired from the national team.

Slovenia are in Group C with Canada and Korea. If they finish in the top two, Pipan’s men will advance to a quarter-final against Croatia, Puerto Rico or Cameroon.

“I think that the chances of all the teams participating in the Olympic Games’ extra-qualifiers are similar,” Nesterovic said.

“We – Slovenia – must stay firmly on the ground but at the same time, we must be very optimistic.

“We must go step by step, game by game.

“We must not get euphoric if we win a game but we shouldn't be too disappointed if we don't succeed.”

Slovenia are not the biggest country in Europe, but they are certainly becoming one of the best in basketball.

In 2006, they played at the FIBA World Championship in Japan and advanced to the last 16.

“After all we are still only a country with two million inhabitants,” Nesterovic said.

“Too bad that in basketball and sport as a whole, bigger and richer countries are worth more. I hope reasons that have no connections with the basketball court will not be decisive in Athens.”

FIBA

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/news/lateNews/fibaEven/08/FOQTM/p/newsid/25192/arti.html

velik_m
06-08-2008, 10:30 AM
29/05/2008
SLO – Erazem Lorbek out for Slovenia but Pipan optimistic

LJUBLJANA (FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament for Men) - Slovenia will be without their Lottomatica Roma center Erazem Lorbek for this summer at the FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament in Greece.

Lorbek, one of the keys to their great run to the quarter-finals at last year’s EuroBasket where they eventually finished seventh to stay alive in the hunt for a place at the Beijing Games, was left off the 14-man preliminary squad announced by national team coach Ales Pipan on Thursday.

“Erazem is tired,” Pipan said. “His season still hasn't finished and he has some back problems.

“Erazem will be without a contract at Roma and he may even leave the club.

“He said he will maybe go to the USA during the summer and play for Indiana in the NBA summer league and perhaps get a contract there.”

Pipan will also be without NBA players Primoz Brezec, Beno Udrih and Bostjan Nachbar again, while Sani Becirovic is back in the fold after taking last summer off to rest his knee.

Lorbek’s absence places more importance on Uros Slokar, who showed signs of being a major contributor last year with his fighting qualities underneath and the basket and his ability to step outside and shoot jump shots.

Pipan, despite the loss of Lorbek, is optimistic.

“The criteria for participating was simple: the players who showed the best displays in the last season and are ready to give everything for Slovenia at this moment are here with us,” he said.

“The spine of the team is the same as in Spain. We will give it our best and hopefully that will be enough.

“The goal is to get among the three best teams and qualify for the Bejing Olympic Games.”

Slovenia are in Group C with Canada and Korea, and should they finish in the top two, Pipan’s team will take on Croatia, Puerto Rico or Cameroon in the quarter-finals.

The sides that reach the final, and the winner of the third-place game, advance to China.

Goran Dragic, the point guard who shone for Slovenia on numerous occasions in Spain, said: “We will do everything to reach the Olympic Games.

“If we play like we did in some games in Spain, we will go to Beijing. Our mission is now to train as hard as possible to be as well prepared as possible.”

Forward Goran Jagodnik, who was in last year’s team and had a prominent role, is in the 14-man group but he is still not fully recovered from a knee injury that he suffered this season while playing for Hemofarm.

“I am on the list, but I am aware that I will not be fully ready when the team preparation starts, but I will try to do my best,” he said.

“Our goal is clear – to reach the Olympic Games. If we have a bit more luck than we had in Spain, it is very possible for us to go there.”

Power forward Matjaz Smodis, center Rasho Nesterovic and guard Jaka Lakovic will be the leaders of the team after their performances last year.

Smodis has just won a Euroleague and Russia Superleague double with CSKA Moscow while Nesterovic, the Slovenia captain, had a strong season with Toronto. Lakovic has been excellent with Barcelona, helping them reach the finals of the ACB play-offs.

Because they are NBA players, some might have thought the team would have been strengthened with Nachbar and Udrih.

“Brezec said he wouldn't play even before I had to decide, while Beno Udrih and Nachbar would like to play, but looking at the circumstances, it was not really possible,” Pipan said.

“They are both free agents and because they can only sign contracts after July 1, they are worried about suffering an injury before then, as that would mean big problems for them.

“Because they are out of contract, we also can't insure them…”

Lorbek’s younger brother, Domen, who played last summer, is also included.

Because Slovenia can only take one naturalized player, either Aleksandar Capin or Emir Preldzic will be cut.

Capin originally hails from Serbia, Preldzic from Bosnia-Herzegovina.

Slovenia preliminary squad: Sani Becirovic, Aleksandar Capin, Goran Dragic, Nebojsa Joksimovic, Jaka Klobucar, Jaka Lakovic; Domen Lorbek, Goran Jagodnik, Emir Preldzic; Radoslav Nesterovic, Uros Slokar, Matjaz Smodis, Gasper Vidmar, Miha Zupan.

On stand-by: Sandi Cebular, Samo Udrih, Zeljko Zagorac.

FIBA

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/news/lateNews/byNF/p/newsid/25240/arti.html

velik_m
06-08-2008, 10:31 AM
Croatia preliminary squad:

Dalibor Bagaric, Marko Banic, Stanko Barac, Davor Kus, Kresimir Loncar, Branimir Longin, Damir Markota, Sandro Nicevic, Zoran Planinic, Marko Popovic , Nikola Prkacin, Marin Rozic, Damian Rudež, Krunoslav Simon, Marko Tomas, Ante Tomic, Roko-Leni Ukic, Jacob Vladovic.

Not to impressive on paper, but games are not played on paper.

velik_m
06-08-2008, 10:35 AM
Germany's 19-man preliminary roster is:

Dominik Bahiense de Mello (Deutsche Bank Skyliners), Mithat Demirel (Brose Baskets Bamberg), Patrick Femerling (ALBA Berlin), Robert Garrett (Brose Baskets Bamberg), Gordon Geib (Bayer Giants Leverkusen), Demond Greene (Brose Baskets Bamberg), Guido Grünheid (Hanzevast Capital Groningen), Steffen Hamann (Brose Baskets Bamberg), Johannes Herber (ALBA Berlin), Yassin Idbihi (Köln 99ers), Jan-Hendrik Jagla (DKV Joventut Badalona), Dirk Nowitzki (Dallas Mavericks), Tim Ohlbrecht (Brose Baskets Bamberg), Ademola Okulaja (Brose Baskets Bamberg), Pascal Roller (Deutsche Bank Skyliners), Sven Schultze (Snaidero Udine), Julian Sensley (most recently with Colorado 14ers), Konrad Wysocki (ratiopharm Ulm) and Philip Zwiener (ALBA Berlin).

angel_luv
06-09-2008, 01:54 PM
“The core of the national team must stay the same, if you ask me. Maybe we need two, maybe three reinforcements, but not more.”

I agree, one hundred percent.

I am so excited to see all this team is going to accomplish.

hvala for the articles, Velik! :)

angel_luv
06-09-2008, 01:57 PM
“After all we are still only a country with two million inhabitants,” Nesterovic said.

“Too bad that in basketball and sport as a whole, bigger and richer countries are worth more. I hope reasons that have no connections with the basketball court will not be decisive in Athens.”

Wow- where did that comment come from?

velik_m
06-12-2008, 10:24 AM
Canada Training Camp Roster

Name Position School/Pro Club Height
Jermaine Anderson Guard Tuebingen (Germany) 6’2"
Joel Anthony Centre Miami Heat 6’9"
Ryan Bell Guard Carleton University 6’5"
Rowan Barrett Guard Chalon-Sur-Saone (France) 6’5"
Damian Buckley Guard Concordia University 6’1"
Rans Brempong F/Centre Leverkusen (Germany) 6’8"
Denham Brown Guard Tisettanta Cantu (Italy) 6'5"
Jermaine Bucknor Guard Le Portal (France) 6'7"
Sam Dalembert Centre Philadelphia 76ers 6'11"
Aaron Doornekamp Forward Carleton University 6'6"
Nate Doornekamp Centre Bremerhaven (Germany) 7'0"
Carl English Guard Gran Canaria (Spain) 6'5"
Olu Famutimi Forward Khimik (Ukraine) 6'6"
Devoe Joseph Guard Pickering High School 6'3"
Levon Kendall Forward Panionios (Greece) 6'10"
Tyler Kepkay Guard University of Utah 6'0"
Vlad Kuljanin Centre UNC-Willmington 6'10"
Phil Martin Centre Ignis Draghi Novara (Italy) 6'10"
Juan Mendez Forward Rishon, LZ (Israel) 6'7"
Andy Rautins Guard Syracuse University 6'5"
David Thomas Forward Melbourne (Australia) 6'8"
Jesse Young Forward Estudiant (Spain) 6'10"

--
No Steve Nash :downspin:

velik_m
06-12-2008, 10:27 AM
cool video:

http://www.basketball.ca/hm/cbtv.php?src=FINAL%20-%20SMNT%20Road%20Warriors_FORWEB-052308.flv

velik_m
06-13-2008, 08:19 AM
13/06/2008
BRA – Monsalve starts to feel the pressure of withdrawals

RIO DE JANEIRO (FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament for Men) - There will be no Nene, no Anderson Varejao, no Guilherme Giovannoni and possibly no Leandro Barbosa.

The loss of players of that caliber would be enough to make any national team coach think about quitting.

The news that Valtinho, a point guard on last year’s team at the FIBA Americas Championship, was also withdrawing to have ankle surgery almost pushed Brazil coach Moncho Monsalve over the edge.

On Thursday, after the team’s training session at Maracanazinho, Monsalve revealed: “Last night was the first night I managed to sleep six or seven hours.

“I really thought about resigning, but I changed my mind because it would have meant a lack of respect to Brazil, the confederation president (Gerasime Nicolas Bozikis) and the players who are competing in the tournament.”

Indeed, this is the time that Brazil need Monsalve to remain optimistic and to fight.

This Brazil team still has quality at every position, even if Barbosa can’t make it.

Tiago Splitter is one of the toughest centers in Europe with ACB champions Tau Ceramica, Bilbao’s Marcelo Huertas a leading guard in Spain.

There are also scoring machine Marcelino Machado and Alex.

Ricardo Probst, Jonathan Tavernari and Eduardo Machado – Marcelinho’s brother - have left the Brazil team that is preparing for the South American Championship and instead joined Monsalve’s group.

“I will wait for Leandrinho until Monday,” Monsalve said.

“If he doesn’t come either, I will name another player from the South American Championship squad.”

Brazil will attempt to claim one of three places for the Beijing Games at July’s FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament in Athens.

They are in Group A with Greece and Lebanon.

FIBA

---------

It seems Slovenia is not the only team having problems with withdrawals.

velik_m
06-14-2008, 03:19 AM
Greece preliminary squad:
Vassilis Spanoulis, Nikos Zisis, Dimitris Diamantidis, Kostas Tsartsaris, Dimos Dikoudis, Stratos Perperoglou, Antonis Fotsis, Theo Papaloukas, Panagiotis Vassilopoulos, Yannis Bourousis, Sofoklis Schortsianitis, Yorgos Printezis, Ian Vouyoukas, Mihalis Pelekanos, Kostas Koufos, Dimitris Tsaldaris, Andreas Glyniadakis, Yannis Kalampokis, Vassilis Xanthopoulos.

ata
06-14-2008, 06:09 AM
Slovenian basketball assotiation (KZS) will have to pay 12.525 USD as insurance for Rasho Nesterovic to NBA.
FIBA Europe covers insurance for non-NBA players.

velik_m
06-18-2008, 12:18 AM
Players attending the Tall Blacks trials are …

Tom Abercrombie (NZ Breakers), BJ Anthony (Harbour Heat), Hayden Allen (Harbour Heat), Callum Baynes (Bay Hawks), Craig Bradshaw (Efes Pilsen, Turkey), Chris Daniel (Nelson Giants), Casey Frank (Auckland Stars), Mike Fitchett (Nelson Giants), Jeremy Kench (Canterbury Rams), Jarrod Kenny (Harbour Heat), Rob Loe (Harbour), Calum Macleod (Bay Hawks), Alex Pledger, Mika Vukona (Harbour Heat), Corey Webster (NZ Breakers), Paora Winitana (Bay Hawks)

angel_luv
06-18-2008, 01:35 PM
I have limited computer access until I get mine fixed, but was thinking about the NT today and was wondering how things are progressing for the guys with training etc.

I can't wait for the winning to begin. :)

ata
06-18-2008, 05:42 PM
I have limited computer access until I get mine fixed, but was thinking about the NT today and was wondering how things are progressing for the guys with training etc.

I can't wait for the winning to begin. :)

Training camp started today (Wednesday)

ata
06-18-2008, 05:43 PM
Canada Training Camp Roster

No Steve Nash :downspin:

Yet!
I've read todaym that Candian coach still didn't give up and is trying to get Nash.

angel_luv
06-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Training camp started today (Wednesday)

Cool!

I thought of Sho last night because I was shopping at Ross and saw some Raptors logo flip flops.
I would have bought them but they were Sho's size not mine. :lol

Ironically, right beside that pair was a set with the Kings logo. But I doubt they were Beno's size.
:)

0201rinckwater
06-19-2008, 02:37 PM
quest for the quarter-finals

ata
06-20-2008, 07:05 AM
Some photos for you, Angel: http://www.kzs-zveza.si/kzs/index.php?x=11&galerija=301

velik_m
06-20-2008, 10:44 AM
http://www.kzs-zveza.si/kzs/foto/reprezentanca_zbor_zrece_18_06_2008/foto_10.jpg

Sweet, we got Messi! Would like him in our football team more though.

velik_m
06-22-2008, 09:08 AM
Well, we're fucked.

Smodis is questionable due to foot injury.

ata
06-22-2008, 10:37 AM
Why am I not surprised?

Smodiš missed a lot of NT games with injuries and "injuries". Which one is this?

Kobayagi
06-22-2008, 11:50 AM
We might as well tank now and hope to win the next year's lottery.

velik_m
06-23-2008, 10:30 AM
23/06/2008

SLO – New foot agony may knock Smodis out of qualifying event

ZRECE (FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament for Men) – A new foot problem could prevent Slovenia superstar Matjaz Smodis from playing in July’s FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament in Athens.

The CSKA Moscow forward had an operation on his left foot back in December but recovered in time to help fire the Russian giants to glory in both the Euroleague and the Superleague.

He has been with the Slovenia squad at their base in Zrece yet hasn’t been training with the team, but on his own.

"My participation in Athens is under a big question mark,” Smodis has revealed.

“For three weeks, since the end of the Russian championship, I have had pain in my right foot.

“As you may know, I had surgery on my left (foot) and this may be one of the reasons for my trouble.

“It is possible that I put too much pressure on my healthy foot at the time.”

Doctors have been looking at the problem, Smodis said.

“The final decision about my participation will be made by my doctor from San Francisco, in the United States, who has done some tests and will let me know about the results as soon as possible,” the player said.

“I hope the answer will be positive for me and the Slovenian national team. Otherwise, I will have to end my national team preparation and start working on my rehabilitation."

Smodis has had a brilliant career but one that has had its share of injuries, with back problems forcing him to miss several national team campaigns before last summer.

Slovenia can ill afford to lose Smodis with big man Erazem Lorbek having decided to rest instead of playing this summer.

"The pain is quite big and annoying - I feel it all the time,” Smodis said.

“Every time I put pressure on my right foot, it hurts.

“The doctor hasn't found any damaged ligaments or bones. He says the problem may be the blood flow in my bones. The final decision will be known soon, at the latest on Wednesday."

Slovenia are in Group C of the FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament with Canada and Korea.

FIBA

angel_luv
06-23-2008, 05:32 PM
I hope and pray Smodis heals quickly and completely and I hope he plays.

But even if he doesn't play, I am still optimistic for our team and about their chances.

This is the year that no one stops us. I am calling it. :)

velik_m
06-25-2008, 03:46 AM
Well, it's official - Smodis is out.

angel_luv
06-25-2008, 11:14 AM
Sorry Smodis.

I really wanted him to play.

The rest of the team will step it up and make him proud.
I am so excited. Bring on the competition!!!! :)

Kobayagi
06-25-2008, 11:54 AM
Vidmar is also out. Broke his hand or wrist, something like that.

It's getting better each day, we're almost out of big men now.

velik_m
06-25-2008, 12:23 PM
Small ball!

angel_luv
06-27-2008, 11:43 AM
How are the boys doing?

Any articles or pictures?

Kobayagi
06-27-2008, 01:00 PM
They're playing against Croatia today and tomorrow. Maybe I'll go check out tomorrow's game.

angel_luv
06-27-2008, 01:55 PM
They're playing against Croatia today and tomorrow. Maybe I'll go check out tomorrow's game.

Have fun. Root hard for me. :)

Dajmo Slovenija. :)

velik_m
06-27-2008, 03:24 PM
Kranjska Gora:
SLOVENIA - CROATIA
66:70 (22:22, 19:16, 15:14, 10:18)

D. Lorbek 13 Kus 13
Slokar 9 Popović 10
Bečirovič 7 Barač 10
Drobnjak 7 Markota 9
Zagorac 6 Banić 8
Lakovič 6 Ukić 5
Nesterovič 4 Longin 4
Preldžič 4 Nicević 4
Joksimovič 4 Rozić 3
Dragič 3 Lončar 2
Čapin 2 Bagarić 2
Klobučar 1

FT: 19/28 10/14
2pts: 16/39 21/39
3pts: 5/16 6/19
Reb: 27 33

velik_m
06-28-2008, 04:37 PM
second game:

Šenčur pri Kranju:
SLOVENIA - CROATIA
73:70 (18:19, 20:17, 16:23, 19:11)

Nesterovič 21 Markota 11
Bečirovič 14 Prkaćin 10
Slokar 8 Popović 9
Drobnjak 8 Kus 8
Joksimovič 5 Lončar 8
Lakovič 4 Ukić 7
D. Lorbek 4 Barač 6
Čapin 3 Banić 4
Zagorac 2 Rozić 2
Preldžič 2 Nicević 2
Dragič 2 Tomas 2
Longin 1

FT: 11/19 15/17
2pts: 25/43 20/35
3pts: 4/16 5/17
Reb: 27 26

Kobayagi
06-28-2008, 06:33 PM
Slokar with a three pointer in the last second of the game for the win. :king

Nice win but not impressed at all with our squad. We have maybe 5 decent players, the rest is crap and shouldn't be anywhere near the national team.
It was a fun game though, it's nice to win with a last second trey.

Here's Rasho shooting FTs. I took this with my mobile, so no bitching about the quality of the pic. :blah

http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/2928/dsc00311np8.jpg

In such small venue no seat is a bad seat. It's all courtside. :D

Bruno
06-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Hvala velik and Kobayagi :toast

Oh my goosh.
Sho with 21 point woooosh.
And he is so cute in this picture...

:cheer Dajmo Slovenija :cheer

sendman
06-29-2008, 10:01 AM
Hvala velik and Kobayagi :toast

Oh my goosh.
Sho with 21 point woooosh.
And he is so cute in this picture...

:cheer Dajmo Slovenija :cheer

:lmao OK Angel, stop pretending!

10-tka
06-30-2008, 07:28 AM
Hello guys and Angel
Im back
I love this Slovenian thread but i can't say the same for coach Pipan.
What I'm reading about Brezec in his interview. OMG

Im sorry but this summer won't be happy for our NT.

See you around
Angle write to me if you can :)

velik_m
06-30-2008, 09:28 AM
CRO – Repesa and Croatia tuning up in Slovenia

KRANJSKA GORA (FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament for Men) – The way Croatia coach Jasmin Repesa talks about Slovenia, one understands immediately the two countries are on good terms with each other – at least on the basketball court.

Repesa is in Slovenia with his national squad, with each workout and friendly (Croatia will play Slovenia twice in the coming days) extremely valuable for the players as they get ready for the FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament in Athens.

“It’s great, being here in Slovenia,” Repesa says to FIBA.Com.

“Slovenia has a well-organized basketball association, a great coach (Ales Pipan) and great players.”

Repesa and Pipan share the same frustrations, though.

Neither is able to have the country’s most talented players in their teams, with Repesa going for a second straight summer without center Nikola Vujcic, wing Gordan Giricek and big man Andrija Zizic.

“I haven’t spoken with them in person, but people from the basketball association have,” Repesa says.

“Because their answer was negative, I didn’t even try calling them.”

Mario Kasun, the center on Croatia’s EuroBasket 2007 squad, suffered from a heart arrhythmia this year.

Though he resumed playing for Barcelona, he went into the close season needing medical check-ups and isn’t available.

For Slovenia, Erazem Lorbek, one of Repesa’s star players at the Lottomatica Roma this season in Italy’s Lega A and the Euroleague, has decided to rest a sore back while former NBA center Primoz Brezec doesn’t want to play.

Injuries have knocked out players like CSKA Moscow power forward Matjaz Smodis as well. Others like Bostjan Nachbar and Beno Udrih are free agents in the NBA and weren’t available.

“If all of Slovenia’s best players could be formed into one team, I am sure that it would be the strongest team in Europe,” Repesa said.

“Sadly, Slovenia has the same problem as Croatia – it’s practically impossible to get all the best players into one team. It looks like a ‘Balkans syndrome’ which even the Slovenians can’t run away from, although they never wanted to be a part of the Balkans.”

Croatia will take on Slovenia in Kranjska Gora on Friday and in Sencur on Saturday.

“Both teams have the same goal – make it to the Olympics – and I hope both reach it,” Repesa said.

“We came to Kranjska Gora to use these two games as good as possible. We must go to Athens well prepared. Up to now, everything is looking good.”

Also missing from Croatia’s group have been Ante Tomic and Damjan Rudez.

Both were in the United States trying to impress NBA teams and Tomic, who played for the under-20s last year, was selected in the second round by Utah.

“I am aware that players have their own interests so I didn’t stop them, although I think Tomic went a year too soon,” Repesa said.

“He could go one year later but anyway, he had my full support.”

“Any way, both players will return to the national team,” said Repesa, who has also been without Zoran Planinic.

The tall point guard is finalizing his transfer to CSKA Moscow from Spanish ACB champions Tau Ceramica.

Guard Jakov Vladovic has been omitted from the squad because of injury.

Croatia will be in Group D with Puerto Rico and Cameroon, and he expects some hard games.

“I don’t know much about Cameroon, while it’s obvious Puerto Rico will be very dangerous,” Repesa said.

“They are capable of positive and negative surprises. They beat the USA in 2004 (Athens Olympics) which tells you a lot.

“They have a few very good individuals and I think they are surely the team we will compete with for first place in the group stage.”

And if they finish in the top two of Group D, a quarter-final against Slovenia could await them. If that were to happen, only one of the teams would progress to the Beijing Games.

FIBA

velik_m
06-30-2008, 09:31 AM
SLO – Rasho sounds call to battle for depleted Slovenia

KRANJSKA GORA (FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament for Men) - Slovenia captain Rasho Nesterovic is rallying the troops ahead of the FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament following the loss of several key players for a variety of reasons.

Immediately after superstar power forward Matjaz Smodis was ruled out with a foot injury this week, big man Gasper Vidmar broke his hand.

National team coach Ales Pipan appealed to Erazem Lorbek to reconsider his decision to skip Athens because of a back injury, only for the big center to say no again.

Even big NBA center Primoz Brezec’s name has been mentioned, but there is no interest to help out coming from the seven-footer with the Slovenians in dire need of strengthening on the frontline.

“We talk too much about the players who are not with us,” Nesterovic said at the team’s press conference.

“Those who wanted to play are here. We all know that Gasper and especially Matjaz will be hard to replace, but we were in a similar position before the EuroBasket in Spain.

“We had very few guards then, now we are short of power forwards and centers. But why wouldn’t we surprise once again, like we did in Spain when everybody predicted for us a terrible outcome?”

Slovenia, who will take on Canada and Korea in Group C at the qualifying tournament in Greece, shocked everyone in Spain last year.

They reached the quarter-finals with just one defeat to Lithuania but then blew a big lead against Greece to miss out on the last four.

Pipan’s team rebounded by finishing seventh - good enough for a place in the qualifying tournament.

The coach is clearly frustrated and spoke of his futile attempts to get Lorbek to join the team.

“After Matjaz Smodis announced that he will not be able to play, I once again called Erazem Lorbek in and asked him if there was any possibility of reconsidering and joining the national team,” Pipan said.

“He said no once again. He said it’s because of his back problems.”

Pipan has moved quickly to call up Dragisa Drobnjak, who is without a club at the moment, and Zeljko Zagorac of Helios Domzale.

“At this moment, they are the two players that can contribute most,” Pipan said.

“They were willing to join us right away.”

Pipan, meanwhile, denied rumors that he has not answered Brezec’s calls but did admit Brezec had called him.

“I’ve seen that he called me a few times, but two days later I saw that he quickly decided not to play for the national team,” Pipan said.

“He asked the team director not to send him any more invitations and that is where this story ended for me.

“I don’t want to force anybody to play for the national team.

“This national team is made out of players who are willing to be here and to play, to sacrifice their spare time and put the national team first.”

There is good news on the recovery of Goran Jagodnik, the forward who suffered a bad knee injury a few months ago while playing for Hemofarm.

“He doesn’t feel pain any more, and he will shortly start the full training,” Pipan said.

“He will travel along if we will see that he is ready enough. Otherwise, we will have to choose another player.”

Big man Miha Zupan of Olimpija Ljubljana is also not training at the moment as he is with the Slovenian side that has reached the semi-finals of the European Championship of the Deaf in Bamberg, Germany.

“This was Miha’s big wish and I granted it,” Pipan said.

“He will return after the two games with Slovenia and continue to train like all other players.”

FIBA

angel_luv
06-30-2008, 02:13 PM
:lmao OK Angel, stop pretending!

:lmao

That was an awesomely accurate impression of me! If I didn't know better, I would have thought I typed it myself.

Bravo, Bruno! :)

I am glad Slovenia won their second game. I can't wait to have my computer fixed so I can follow the competition more closely.

I sent my boyfriend in the thread today to check the scores for me. :)
I do have the computer at work but I am training a new recruit this week and so have to set a good example in regards to internet usuage.

Awesome battle call article.

Dajmo Slovenija :cheer :D :cheer :spin : cheer :cheer ( <--- Take notes Bruno. :) :toast)

angel_luv
06-30-2008, 02:15 PM
Hello guys and Angel
Im back
I love this Slovenian thread but i can't say the same for coach Pipan.
What I'm reading about Brezec in his interview. OMG

Im sorry but this summer won't be happy for our NT.

See you around
Angle write to me if you can :)

Check your messages on here.
I don't have myspace access currently. :(

angel_luv
06-30-2008, 02:35 PM
10-TKA- This is our summer. Believe! :)

That is a great picture Kobayagi- hvala.

Uros with the game winner, eh? Very cool. I wish Uros still played in the NBA.
It was awesome getting to meet him when he was with the Raps.

Friends have been offering me their condolances about the Spurs trading Dragic.
But even though we didn't keep him and :cry gave him to the Suns :bang , it is nice to have another Slovenian in the NBA. :)

sendman
07-01-2008, 01:30 AM
10-TKA- This is our summer. Believe! :)

:wow What are you saying there Angel? He'll get lucky?
What about that boyfriend of yours, is he cool with that?:nope:lmao

10-tka
07-01-2008, 02:00 PM

heyyy
watch your language young boy :)

Pipan suckss

angel_luv
07-01-2008, 07:05 PM

I meant that this is the summer for Slovenia National team to win big.

But nice willful misinterpretation there. :)

Must be my Slovene. :lol

sendman
07-03-2008, 01:28 AM
I meant that this is the summer for Slovenia National team to win big.

But nice willful misinterpretation there. :)

Must be my Slovene. :lol

He, He, I know, I was just messing with you.
And your Slovene is the best on this board, if we count out native Slovenians, so you have nothing to worry about.

velik_m
07-04-2008, 11:20 AM
Slovenia playing Greece today.

21-20 after first quarter.

velik_m
07-04-2008, 12:03 PM
42-38 at the half.

Rasho with 12 pts and 4 rebs

velik_m
07-04-2008, 01:11 PM
we lost 79:71 :(

SLOVENIA - GREECE 71:79 (21:20, 21:18, 18:23, 11:18)

# Name ND2 MD2 2er 3er Total % 1er % pts Def Off Tot To As Stl Bl Fouls Time
4 Zagorac, Z. - - - - - - 3/4 75 3 - - - - - - - 1 3:39
5 Lakovic, J. 0/1 0/2 0/3 1/4 1/7 14 3/4 75 6 2 - 2 2 4 1 - 1 23:01
6 Capin, A. 0/1 - 0/1 - 0/1 0 2/2 100 2 - - - - 1 - - 1 7:38
7 Becirovic, S. 2/3 0/2 2/5 0/5 2/10 20 4/6 66 8 - - - 5 5 1 - 4 26:58
8 Nesterovic, R. 6/9 1/2 7/11 - 7/11 63 2/2 100 16 2 2 4 1 1 - - 2 23:03
9 Dragic, G. 2/3 0/1 2/4 2/2 4/6 66 0/1 0 10 2 - 2 3 1 2 - 2 20:13
10 Slokar, U. 0/1 1/2 1/3 1/1 2/4 50 4/4 100 9 3 - 3 1 - 2 - 3 20:27
11 Joksimovic, N. - - - 1/1 1/1 100 2/2 100 5 2 - 2 1 2 1 - 3 16:07
13 Lorbek, D. 1/4 0/1 1/5 1/2 2/7 28 - - 5 3 - 3 - - 1 - 2 18:34
14 Drobnjak, D. 1/2 0/1 1/3 - 1/3 33 - - 2 3 3 6 1 1 2 - 3 23:39
15 Zupan, M. 1/1 - 1/1 0/1 1/2 50 3/5 60 5 2 - 2 2 - - - 2 9:12
16 Klobucar, J. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
17 Preldzic, E. - - - 0/1 0/1 0 - - - 3 - 3 1 1 1 - 1 7:29
Team - - - - - - - - - 1 - 1 1 - - - - -
Total 13/25 2/11 15/36 6/17 21/53 39 23/30 76 71 23 5 28 18 16 11 - 25 200:00

angel_luv
07-04-2008, 03:24 PM
He, He, I know, I was just messing with you.
And your Slovene is the best on this board, if we count out native Slovenians, so you have nothing to worry about.

:D

angel_luv
07-04-2008, 03:25 PM
we lost 79:71 :(

:(

Last lost, guys. Come on now! :)

angel_luv
07-04-2008, 03:26 PM
I had a dream last night that Sho retired from playing basketball. Strange, eh?

sendman
07-04-2008, 04:02 PM
I had a dream last night that Sho retired from playing basketball. Strange, eh?
Rasho down!
I hope it's nothing serious.:depressed

angel_luv
07-04-2008, 04:04 PM
Rasho down!
I hope it's nothing serious.:depressed

Wait- what happened???

sendman
07-04-2008, 04:14 PM
Wait- what happened???
Don't know yet. It's been reported that he is injured and that's it for now.

sendman
07-04-2008, 04:53 PM
Ankle injury.

angel_luv
07-04-2008, 05:14 PM
Ankle injury.

Oh, poor Sho!

I will pray for him.

Please keep me updated on how he is healing.

10-tka
07-05-2008, 03:46 AM
We lost again.
Congratulation to coach Pipan. He manages to loose another game in the last period. Rasho is awesome he is truly a captain. His injury isn't serious according to official web site of NT.

velik_m
07-05-2008, 02:28 PM
well, the germans wooped our asses...

SLOVENIA - GERMANY
67:77 (17:23, 14:19, 21:27, 13:8)

Bečirovič 14 Greene 18
Lakovič 14 Nowitzki 14
Slokar 11 Femerling 9
Zupan 10 Wysocki 9
Joksimovič 5 Garrett 8
D. Lorbek 5 Schultze 5
Dragič 4 Hamman 4
Zagorac 2 Jagla 5
Drobnjak 2 Roller 2
Ohlbrecht 3

FTs: 18/31 16/22
2pts: 17/35 14/28
3pts: 5/19 11/24
Reb: 36 30

10-tka
07-06-2008, 02:32 AM
what else is new

Texas_Ranger
07-06-2008, 04:31 AM
Those fucking injuries!!!

I just hope that Pipan will be fired if we don't make it.... We need a coach fom another county.

ata
07-06-2008, 04:47 AM
what else is new
Quit bitching

Tell me one better coach, who would be ready to coach NT for hot-dog and diet-coke. If you can't find him, start bitching over KZS and new-old president Mr. Šešok.

BTW: Ask Mr. šešok why Vujačič is not playing.

Pero
07-06-2008, 12:04 PM
You said that before already (about Sasha), and I asked you if there has been some news about that situation and you didn't reply. So what's the deal?

And I don't know why people are bitching... They're just preparatory (?) games and we're missing most of our best players. But that is of course the coaches fault. Maybe he should put on a jersey and go play or something...

10-tka
07-06-2008, 02:35 PM
Quit bitching

Tell me one better coach, who would be ready to coach NT for hot-dog and diet-coke. If you can't find him, start bitching over KZS and new-old president Mr. Šešok.

BTW: Ask Mr. šešok why Vujačič is not playing.

I know why he isn't playin'
He was asked to leave the hotel imediately before the EC in Sweden when he didn't make a cut and he blames KZS for not allowing him to stay another night before returning home to Italy.

There is always coach to blame. Šešok is stayin 4 ever if we like it or not

better coach...easy Lefteris Subotic

velik_m
07-06-2008, 03:23 PM
Lefteris Subotic

Israel.

Kobayagi
07-06-2008, 03:39 PM
better coach...easy Lefteris Subotic

Had a shot. Didn't do shit.

ata
07-07-2008, 02:29 AM
You said that before already (about Sasha), and I asked you if there has been some news about that situation and you didn't reply. So what's the deal?

And I don't know why people are bitching... They're just preparatory (?) games and we're missing most of our best players. But that is of course the coaches fault. Maybe he should put on a jersey and go play or something...

When he signed with Snaidero for season 2000-2001, KZS didn't want to sign letter of clearence, FIBA had to force KZS.
He played for Junior and U-20 team and appeared on training camp under Pipan, however wasn't selected.
As far as I know, he still resent Šešok for problems he had with his transfer to Italy - however I might be wrong.

angel_luv
07-07-2008, 02:25 PM
I am happy to hear Sho's injury is not serious. :)

I wish we were winning more of these prep games.

Although if the team is just getting losing out of its system, I will not complain.

10-tka
07-09-2008, 05:51 AM
we won yestrday
Rasho was OK
but the game was terrible, boring to watch and no passion...

Slovenija : Iran 96:71 (75:52, 48:33, 24:15)

Dvorana Tabor, gledalcev 500, sodniki: Lovšin, Petek in Žebeljan (vsi Slovenija).

Slovenija: Ž. Zagorac 2, Lakovič 4, Čapin 5, Bečirovič 9 (2:2), Nesterovič 18 (2:2), Dragič 6, Slokar 12, Joksimovič 8 (2:3), Jagodnik 5, D. Lorbek 10, Drobnjak 4, Zupan 13 (2:3).
Iran: Amini 2, Kamrany 7, Bisheh, Mashhady 6, Eslameh 17 (0:2), Schrabrejad, Sahakian 3, Kardoust 2, Nikkhah 22 (2:2), Ehadadi 12 (4:5), Rezaee, Davoudi.

velik_m
07-09-2008, 09:39 AM
Our team sucks. The only bright spot yesterday was Domen, Slokar on couple of occasions. The rest... pathetic. Ball doesn't rotate on offense, our big guys don't know how to post up, the defense was bad, we had trouble rebounding, our point guards do more for the opposing team...
I think we'll beat Korea and that's it. With the team we have and the way we're playing, it will be a long sad summer.

urunobili
07-09-2008, 10:09 AM
we won yestrday
Rasho was OK
but the game was terrible, boring to watch and no passion...

Slovenija : Iran 96:71 (75:52, 48:33, 24:15)

Dvorana Tabor, gledalcev 500, sodniki: Lovšin, Petek in Žebeljan (vsi Slovenija).

Slovenija: Ž. Zagorac 2, Lakovič 4, Čapin 5, Bečirovič 9 (2:2), Nesterovič 18 (2:2), Dragič 6, Slokar 12, Joksimovič 8 (2:3), Jagodnik 5, D. Lorbek 10, Drobnjak 4, Zupan 13 (2:3).
Iran: Amini 2, Kamrany 7, Bisheh, Mashhady 6, Eslameh 17 (0:2), Schrabrejad, Sahakian 3, Kardoust 2, Nikkhah 22 (2:2), Ehadadi 12 (4:5), Rezaee, Davoudi.
No Beno no Sasha on Slov? they don;t represent their country? puss

angel_luv
07-09-2008, 11:12 AM
A win is a step in the right direction.
I'll take it gladly. :)

10-tka
07-09-2008, 03:20 PM
we have another win

Slovenia : New Zeland 73:67 (23:17, 43:32, 62:53)

Dvorana Tabor, gledalcev 600, sodniki: Špendl, Petek (oba Slovenija) in Avanesian (Iran).

Slovenia: Ž. Zagorac, Lakovič 9 (2:2), Čapin, Bečirovič 1 (2:3), Nesterovič 23 (5:6), Dragič 5, Slokar 4 (2:2), Joksimovič 9 (2:3), Jagodnik, D. Lorbek 3, Drobnjak, Zupan 9 (2:4).

New Zeland: Tait 4 (2:2), Filchett 2 (2:2), Penney 22 (8:8), Vukona 6, Kench, Winitana 1 (1:2), Piedger, Cameron 2, Webster, Bradshaw 21 (6:6), Hill, Horvath 9 (5:6).

angel_luv
07-09-2008, 03:24 PM
Yea!

And hooray that I was stuck here at work long enough to hear about it. :)

angel_luv
07-09-2008, 03:25 PM
How are you doing, 10-tka? :)

velik_m
07-10-2008, 12:08 AM
It was y little better yesterday, but there is just to many holes in our team. And Drobnjak is just awful, he and Zupan should never be in the game at the same time. Our PG situation is the one that worries me the most. Jaka is out of any form, he loses balls on demand, and Dragic is no better - just running into their defense and forgetting the ball somewhere in between. I think we're better of letting our sg's run the point (Sani and Nebojsa).

Anyway, happy 30th birthday to Jaka.

ata
07-10-2008, 12:54 AM
No Beno no Sasha on Slov? they don;t represent their country? puss

no Udrih
no Vujacic
no Nachbar
no Brezec

velik_m
07-10-2008, 01:12 AM
no Udrih
no Vujacic
no Nachbar
no Brezec

no Smodis
no E. Lorbek
no Vidmar
no Milic

:depressed

10-tka
07-10-2008, 03:24 AM
How are you doing, 10-tka? :)

fine... watching bball eating ice cream and laughing to coach Pipan

ps: did you see Ćapin and Sani joking during the National Anthem. I don't like to see that, damn it.

angel_luv
07-10-2008, 12:18 PM
Anyway, happy 30th birthday to Jaka.

:toast

angel_luv
07-10-2008, 12:19 PM
fine... watching bball eating ice cream and laughing to coach Pipan

velik_m
07-10-2008, 12:38 PM
SLO – Lakovic surprised by Puerto Rico

MARIBOR (FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament for Men) – For months now, many in Europe have assumed that Slovenia would win Group C at the FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament ahead of Canada and Korea and take on Puerto Rico in the quarter-finals.

If that showdown happens, and it may indeed happen with Puerto Rico now playing like the Group D favorites and the Canadians looking like potential Group C winners, it may not be good news for Slovenia.

“Puerto Rico impressed me,” Lakovic said in Maribor on Tuesday, where both Slovenia and the Puerto Ricans are taking part in the Alpos Cup – a warm-up event for the qualifying tournament.

Both teams also took part in the Supercup in Bamberg, Germany, over the weekend, and Lakovic got a chance to watch Puerto Rico beat Dirk Nowitzki and the Germans.

“I didn't know they were that good. They also have their own style, with a lot of shooting from long range.”

Lakovic spoke to FIBA.Com about the state of affairs in the Slovenia camp.

FIBA: Jaka, you already played in the tournament in Bamberg where Slovenia's results were not the best. You lost to Greece and then Germany. But have you also seen anything good in your game?

Lakovic: The results were not the best, but they were not the most important thing. I am happy that we played – compared to the two games with Croatia (in Slovenia) – much faster on offense and much more solid on defense. But it is obvious our displays in Germany were not like we wanted them to be. We still need to take at least a few steps forward.

FIBA: You played against teams that could be your opponents in the final phase of the Athens qualification. Who impressed you the most?

Lakovic: It's hard to say, because other teams are also still in search of their optimal form. But I would point out Greece, who really have a lot of good players and play their game very well. They are slow on offense and aggressive on defense and they can beat anybody. When you speak about Germany, everything is revolving around Dirk Nowitzki, while Puerto Rico impressed me. I didn't know they were that good. They also have their own style, with a lot of shooting from long range. We will meet them on Thursday in Maribor and only then will we see where we are compared with them.”

FIBA: When speaking about national teams, a lot depends on the atmosphere in the squad. How is it with Slovenia?

Lakovic: It's very good – like it was for EuroBasket 2007 in Spain. We are a group of friends.

FIBA: Some in the media here in Slovenia and abroad have already written off your chances of qualifying for the Olympic Games because Matjaz Smodis can't play because of injury.

Lakovic: “It's true that Matjaz's absence is a big blow for us. Smodis was a key player of this national team, but all the other players are also good. We have been together for a long period of time and I think we are still capable of playing good basketball – even without Smodis. It's a fact that we will miss him, but I think we can reach the Olympic Games even without him.

FIBA: Athens is not a mysterious city for you because you played there with Panathinaikos a few years ago. Will it be easier for you to play there because of that?

Lakovic: It's true I played there, but I haven't been to Athens for almost two years now. I know the city and the arena, so maybe it will be a bit easier. But it doesn't really matter. In any case, I will give it my best.

FIBA: Slovenia have Canada and South Korea as their opponents in the group stage of the qualifying competition. How much do you know about these teams?

Lakovic: For now, we have mainly focused on our game and we mostly tried to correct our mistakes. We, the players, haven't been thinking much about them yet, but I think the coaches have.

FIBA: What about your club career. Is there anything new?

Lakovic: No. I am staying with Barcelona, with which I still have a valid contract. The chances of me leaving Barcelona are really slim. Something hugely unexpected would have to happen for me to leave.

velik_m
07-10-2008, 12:39 PM
PUR/IRI/SLO/NZL – Puerto Ricans, Slovenians clinch Alpos Cup friendly wins

MARIBOR (FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament for Men) - Puerto Rico edged Iran and Slovenia defeated New Zealand 73-67 on day two of the Alpos Cup in Maribor.

Iran center Hamed Ehadadi took his points haul to 17 with a basket that gave the FIBA Asian champions a 78-77 advantage with 1:30 remaining only for Puerto Rico’s seven-footer Peter John Ramos to reply with a bucket for a 79-78 lead 59 seconds from the end.

Mohammadsamad Nikkhah Bahrami put the Iranians back on top with two free throws only for Ramos to score again with a jumper for an 81-80 Puerto Rican advantage with 18 seconds remaining.

Ricky Sanchez then stole the ball from Mahdi Kamrany and Puerto Rico called timeout with eight seconds to go.

When play resumed, the Iranians fouled Sanchez and made both free throws for a three-point edge.

Iran still had six seconds to push the ball up the floor and Kamrany attempted a three-pointer but was off target.

Ramos finished with 14 points and eight rebounds for Puerto Rico with the team again led by point guard Jose Barea, who scored 17.

Daniel Santiago poured in 15.

Ehadadi also had eight rebounds to go with his 17 points for Iran, who have already qualified for the Olympics.

The Puerto Ricans are preparing for next week’s FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament in Athens.

Slovenia were pushed hard but overcome the Tall Blacks, who have now lost two straight after their upset of Canada in Toronto last Friday.

Ales Pipan’s team led by nine points going into the final quarter but New Zealand clawed their way back and trailed only 67-65 after Craig Bradshaw buried a three-pointer and two free throws.

Slovenia held on for the narrow win.

“It’s certainly a good result against a world class side like Slovenia,” Tall Blacks coach Nenad Vucinic said.

“They’re very good, they’re always in the top five to 10 teams the last few years and on their home court, it’s tough.

“We can’t ever be too happy with a loss but we did, at times, shut down a pretty good offensive team.”

The Slovenians got a captain’s performance from Rasho Nesterovic (23 points and 10 rebounds) while Kirk Penny scored 22 and Bradshaw 21 for the Kiwis.

New Zealand face Germany and Cape Verde in Group B of next week’s qualifying event while Slovenia take on Canada and Korea in Group C.

velik_m
07-10-2008, 12:41 PM
Backstage interview with Rasho NESTEROVIC (video) (http://www.athens2008.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/08/olymQual/men/vide/inte/p/newsid/26229/vide.html)

angel_luv
07-10-2008, 02:09 PM
Backstage interview with Rasho NESTEROVIC (video) (http://www.athens2008.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/08/olymQual/men/vide/inte/p/newsid/26229/vide.html)

hvala :)

10-tka
07-10-2008, 03:11 PM
SLOVENIA - PORTORICO
79:68 (21:14, 20:14, 24:22, 17:18)
Nesterovič 16 Arroyo 21
D. Lorbek 15 Santiago 16
Lakovič 12 Ramos 7
Bečirovič 10 Ayuso 5
Slokar 10 Jones 5
Dragič 5 Rivera 4
Zupan 5 Barea 3
Joksimovič 4 Sanchez 3
Drobnjak 2 Falcon 2
Mojica 2

FREE TH: 12/25 21/23
2: 20/43 16/34
3: 9/23 5/21
REBOUND: 39 29

angel_luv
07-10-2008, 03:11 PM

10-tka
07-10-2008, 03:21 PM

SMILING?

Slovenia played the 4th Q without Rasho, Jaka, Slokar, Lorbek and Sani.
They were enjoying the game from the best seats in the house:)

angel_luv
07-10-2008, 03:37 PM
SMILING?

Slovenia played the 4th Q without Rasho, Jaka, Slokar, Lorbek and Sani.
They were enjoying the game from the best seats in the house:)

:lol had bothersome customers interupting my posting. Had to post quickly.

:downspin::toast :fro :elephant :cheer

Better? :)

angel_luv
07-10-2008, 03:41 PM
I am so happy for the team's success. I prayed for them this morning. :)

velik_m
07-10-2008, 11:39 PM
Jagodnik and then of course Capin were cut.

Too bad for Capin - if only Nachbar would play...

The 12:
Guards
Sani Bečirovič Panathinaikos 194 cm 19. maj 1981
Goran Dragić Union Olimpija 190 cm 6. maj 1986
Nebojša Joksimovič Hemofarm Vršac 193 cm 17. november 1981
Jaka Klobučar Geoplin Slovan 198 cm 19. avgust 1987
Jaka Lakovič Barcelona 186 cm 9. julij 1978

Wings
Domen Lorbek Estudiantes 198 cm 6. marec 1985
Emir Preldžić Fenerbahče Ülker 204 cm 6. september 1987

Centers
Rašo Nesterović Toronto Raptors 213 cm 30. maj 1976
Uroš Slokar Triumph Moskva 210 cm 14. maj 1983
Miha Zupan Union Olimpija 206 cm 13. september 1982
Željko Zagorac Anwil 204 cm 9. marec 1981
Dragisa Drobnjak Turow 200 cm 5. november 1977

10-tka
07-11-2008, 01:52 AM
Jagodnik and then of course Capin were cut.

Too bad for Capin - if only Nachbar would play...

The 12:
Guards
Sani Bečirovič Roma 194 cm 19. maj 1981
Goran Dragić Tau Vittoria 190 cm 6. maj 1986
Nebojša Joksimovič Hemofarm Vršac 193 cm 17. november 1981
Jaka Klobučar Union Olimpija 198 cm 19. avgust 1987
Jaka Lakovič Barcelona 186 cm 9. julij 1978

Wings
Domen Lorbek Free Agent 198 cm 6. marec 1985
Emir Preldžić Fenerbahče Ülker 204 cm 6. september 1987

Centers
Rašo Nesterović Indiana P 213 cm 30. maj 1976
Uroš Slokar Triumph Moskva 210 cm 14. maj 1983
Miha Zupan Union Olimpija 206 cm 13. september 1982
Željko Zagorac Helios 204 cm 9. marec 1981
Dragisa Drobnjak Turow 200 cm 5. november 1977

Many of them are having new employee my friend :)

velik_m
07-11-2008, 02:51 AM
Many of them are having new employee my friend :)

The curse of copy-pasting :downspin:

velik_m
07-11-2008, 02:52 AM
SLO/PUE/NZL/IRI – Arroyo returns but Puerto Rico fall to Slovenia

MARIBOR (FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament for Men) – Carlos Arroyo made his long-awaited first appearance for Puerto Rico and poured in a game-high 21 points but Slovenia blew out the team from the FIBA Americas 79-68 to win the Alpos Cup.

Arroyo, who only joined up with the national side this week, played almost 33 minutes and was eight of 13 from the floor.

But Manolo Cintron’s team weren’t able to clinch their third straight win after narrow triumphs over New Zealand and Iran.

Slovenia led by as many as 15 points in the first half and went in front by as many as 17 twice, including with less than nine minutes remaining.

Puerto Rico clawed the deficit back to 71-64 with 3:47 remaining but got no closer.

For Slovenia, captain Rasho Nesterovic had 16 points while Domen Lorbek finished with 15 and seven rebounds.

Uros Slokar also rose to the occasion, scoring 10 and grabbing nine boards.

Jose Barea had been Puerto Rico’s most consistent player on offense but he had just three points, no assists and four turnovers in 19 minutes.

Daniel Santiago had 16 points and six rebounds for Puerto Rico.

New Zealand lost to Puerto Rico and Slovenia but got the best of Iran on Thursday, beating the 2007 FIBA Asia Championship winners 91-80.

Kirk Penney again led the Tall Blacks with 24 points while Mohammadsamad Nikkhah Bahramia scored the same amount in defeat.

“Both the Puerto Rico and Slovenia games we felt like we put ourselves in positions to win and just took the foot off, let them make runs,” said Penney.

“Tonight we didn’t do that. They made a run at us but we were able to handle it and ended up with a nice 10-point buffer. It just gave us confidence. Everyone played well tonight, the scoring was spread out and a lot of guys contributed.”

Slovenia won all three of their games at the Alpos Cup. They will take on Canada and Korea in Group C of next week’s FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament while Puerto Rico are in Group D with Croatia and Cameroon.

New Zealand are in Group B with Germany and Cape Verde.

The Iranians have already qualified for the Olympics.

FIBA

velik_m
07-11-2008, 02:53 AM
The Iranians have already qualified for the Olympics.

And that's just sad.

10-tka
07-12-2008, 06:44 AM
http://www.rtvslo.si/sport/modload.php?&c_mod=rnews&op=sections&func=read&c_menu=4&c_id=40106

Photos of NT; media and fans gathering in the Ljubljana

angel luv: one of the pic showing Rasho with his son Nikola

angel_luv
07-12-2008, 11:50 AM

hvala lepa! :)
omg! Nikola is precious. I am so glad to finally get to see him. :) :)

That kid has a lot of hair!

angel_luv
07-12-2008, 11:59 AM
Those were awesome pictures.

I miss having my computer and getting to follow the team closely as in summers past. :(

RashoFan
07-12-2008, 04:01 PM
http://www.rtvslo.si/sport/modload.php?&c_mod=rnews&op=sections&func=read&c_menu=4&c_id=40106

Photos of NT; media and fans gathering in the Ljubljana

Everytime I click on the link, the page freezes up. Perhaps Fate doesn't want me to see Rasho's little boy. :(

velik_m
07-13-2008, 12:46 AM
Everytime I click on the link, the page freezes up. Perhaps Fate doesn't want me to see Rasho's little boy. :(

http://www.rtvslo.si/sport/upload/sport/slovenija_20.jpg

ata
07-13-2008, 02:48 AM

You meant his kid, didn't you? :p:

RashoFan
07-13-2008, 01:40 PM
OMG, he is cute just like his papa. Methinks he will be eating machine when he gets to be a teenager. :hungry: :D
Ata, yes I did mean his kid. Such a pity that I never got a chance to meet Rasho and talked with him. He would have been smitten with me. Such is life. I am happy for him nonetheless.

10-tka
07-14-2008, 01:50 AM
OK, this latest news and gossip of the world continue with pic of Rasho and his wife Maja :)
http://www.dnevnik.si/novice/sport/333115

velik_m
07-14-2008, 08:21 AM
Just got home from work. Slovenia leads at half 53:37

10-tka
07-14-2008, 08:38 AM
Just got home from work. Slovenia leads at half 53:37

Im still there streams working slowly today
but as long as we winning

velik_m
07-14-2008, 09:15 AM
Well we almost blew it. :rolleyes

We won 88:76. Thank god Korea sucks.

The way we play, this was probably our last win. :depressed

What's up with Sani?

Texas_Ranger
07-14-2008, 09:23 AM
:wow We really suck!

velik_m
07-14-2008, 10:37 AM
boxscore (http://www.athens2008.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/08/olymQual/men/scheResu/p/eventid//gamename/1/groupname/C/langid//langlc//roundid/6250/fe_scheStat_boxScor.html)

angel_luv
07-14-2008, 10:41 AM
Hooray for what will be the beginning of a string of many wins this summer. :)

angel_luv
07-14-2008, 10:43 AM
OK, this latest news and gossip of the world continue with pic of Rasho and his wife Maja :)
http://www.dnevnik.si/novice/sport/333115

Nice family picture.
Sho's wife is really pretty.
A brunette- nice choice, Sho. :tu

I wish Maja had her sunglasses off, though, so I could see her face.

angel_luv
07-14-2008, 10:49 AM
OMG, he is cute just like his papa. Methinks he will be eating machine when he gets to be a teenager. :hungry: :D
Ata, yes I did mean his kid. Such a pity that I never got a chance to meet Rasho and talked with him. He would have been smitten with me. Such is life. I am happy for him nonetheless.

Did you forget when we went to the game in Houston, how Sho stopped to say hi to us in the hotel, before going to the bus with Beno and Brent?

I am sure it was your charming and beautiful self that caught his attention. :)

velik_m
07-14-2008, 11:02 AM
Sani hasn't play in the second half because of a pain in the ankle. Hopes to be ready for tomorrow, but with our luck...

(source: http://siol.net/sportal/kosarka/2008/07/becirovic_je_zacutil_bolecino.aspx (in slovenian))

velik_m
07-14-2008, 11:04 AM
SLO/KOR – Slovenia avoid upset against determined Korea

ATHENS (FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament for Men) - Slovenia had to survive a terrific comeback by Korea to win 88-76 on the first day of the FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament in Athens.

Captain Rasho Nesterovic, who will retire from the national team after this summer, had 26 points to lead his team to victory while Kim Joo Sung paced the Koreans with 21.

Nesterovic and Co looked to be on course for an easy triumph after opening up a 21-point lead in the third quarter.

But Korea coach Kim Nam-gi kept his players fully focused and they trimmed the deficit to just five in the final period.

When Oh Sekeun banked in a 10-footer to cut the gap to 72-67, the Slovenians had to call a timeout to stem the tide.

Once play resumed, Korea had two chances to reduce the deficit even more but failed.

Slovenia then struck twice.

Jaka Lakovic penetrated into the lane and scored before Goran Dragic came up with a steal and sprinted ahead of the Korean defense for a fast-break lay-up and a nine-point advantage.

Kim Minsoo banked in a three-pointer to make it 76-70 with 3:21 to play but Korea got no closer.

“Korea have a very good team,” Dragic said.

“We didn’t know too much about them and they came back but the important thing is that we won.”

Korea center Ha Seung Jin, who spent most of his time in the NBA on the bench with the Portland Trail Blazers and the Milwaukee Bucks before choosing to return to Asia to play, said: “We just haven’t played many internationals but we’ll get better.

“This team is definitely going to be better in the future and we’ll do our best against Canada.”

Canada coach Leo Rautins and his staff were in the stands looking on and will have noticed the Koreans’ 11 of 21 effort from three-point range.

Six different Koreans, in fact, hit three-pointers led by Kim Minsoo’s three of five performance.

Meanwhile, the 2.22m Ha – the biggest player at the FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament - expressed his desire to go to back and play in the NBA and live in America because of the “bigger cars and bigger shoes”.

Slovenia’s Dragic wasn’t sure if he’d make it over this year.

“I don’t know,” Dragic said.

San Antonio drafted me but then traded me to Phoenix, and there would also have to be a buyout at my club, Tau (Ceramica).

“It would be great to play in Phoenix and learn from a point guard like Steve Nash. We’ll see.”

FIBA (http://www.athens2008.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/08/olymQual/men/news/lateNews/p/newsid/26618/FE_news_lateNews_arti.html)

angel_luv
07-14-2008, 11:09 AM
Captain Rasho Nesterovic, who will retire from the national team after this summer, had 26 points to lead his team to victory while Kim Joo Sung paced the Koreans with 21.

All the more reason to win big this summer.

I understand Sho retiring.
Still, I am a little sad I will never in person get to see him play for the National team.

angel_luv
07-14-2008, 11:11 AM
San Antonio drafted me but then traded me to Phoenix, and there would also have to be a buyout at my club, Tau (Ceramica).

:td

Pop is a party pooper.

remingtonbo2001
07-14-2008, 11:49 AM
:td

Tau is a party pooper.

Fixed.

Pero
07-14-2008, 02:35 PM
Oh well, at least we won. :lol

velik_m
07-14-2008, 11:27 PM
CAN – Dalembert: ‘As time goes by and games are played, things will get better’

ATHENS (FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament for Men) - Samuel Dalembert admits he struggled in his first big international tournament with Canada last summer because of some of the differences in the international game to the NBA.

The Philadelphia 76ers big man did enough at the FIBA Americas Championship in Las Vegas, though, to help the Canadians reach Athens where this week they will attempt to earn a place at the Beijing Games.

Dalembert spoke to us shortly before the start of the FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament.

Did you encounter any problems during your preparations, Sam?

Dalembert: Everything went fine. We’ve been together for about a month and a half and we are still trying to know each other. That is, to get familiar with our teammates’ games. So far, we have achieved that to a large extent and this is something that has impressed me a lot.

This is only your second summer with the national team. Do you feel that you have fit in well with the rest of the group?

Dalembert: I don’t really feel entirely comfortable on the floor with my teammates. I’m still learning their game, however, as time and games go by, things will get better. We are now cooperating better, we know what our responsibilities are, we follow the orders of our coach and I’m confident that we’ll be ready when official games tip off.

Did you find it hard to adjust to the international regulations, which differ from the NBA?

Dalembert: Last summer I faced a lot of trouble with the regulations. I was having a hard time, but I got used to them and now I’m feeling quite comfortable. All in all, I could say that they don’t worry me anymore.

What’s your opinion about your first opponents, Slovenia?

Dalembert: I don’t have a clue about Slovenia. What I really know is that there are a great deal of competitive teams in this tournament and we should not underestimate any of them. All participants aim for a place at the Olympic Games and this is why we came here as well. We should strive for the best possible result and we’ll see what happens.

Do you believe that you can make it to the Beijing Games?

Dalembert: It would be great to qualify to the Olympic Games. It would be a huge honor. I’ve never taken part in an Olympic tournament before. So far, I’ve only watched the games on TV. I think that we have a good opportunity ahead of us and we’ve got what it takes to seize it.

FIBA

velik_m
07-14-2008, 11:27 PM
Early game today, won't be able to watch it. :pctoss

10-tka
07-15-2008, 04:28 AM
We are getting ready!
Live stream should be available here http://www.thescore.com/video/mediastream.aspx (http://www.thescore.com/index.aspx)

Sani's feeling fine, injury is a history.

Texas_Ranger
07-15-2008, 04:41 AM
C'mon now... Lets play some basketball Slovenians. I just hope Rasho will not need to do everything by himself.

velik_m
07-15-2008, 04:58 AM
Our pour D worries me. As long as Rasho&Slokar stay out of foul trouble, we have a shot.

Pero
07-15-2008, 05:10 AM
Is there a way to watch the game over the net? I don't have a TV here.

Pero
07-15-2008, 05:11 AM
I don't get anything from that link 10-tka gave.

10-tka
07-15-2008, 05:15 AM
I don't get anything from that link 10-tka gave.

yeah it doesn't work

10-tka
07-15-2008, 05:28 AM
31-22

10-tka
07-15-2008, 05:39 AM
http://www.justin.tv/ozzym

velik_m
07-15-2008, 05:45 AM
41-34 at half. So far good.

now cue 2nd half collapse...

Pero
07-15-2008, 05:58 AM
http://www.justin.tv/ozzym

Awesome, thanks! :D

10-tka
07-15-2008, 05:59 AM
Awesome, thanks! :D

no problem, I like it too

10-tka
07-15-2008, 06:00 AM
49:37 Slovenia winning

velik_m
07-15-2008, 06:16 AM
64-49 after 3. Come on let's hold it together.

velik_m
07-15-2008, 06:29 AM
Come on just 4 mins to go. Need a couple of basket to seal this.

Pero
07-15-2008, 06:33 AM
Canadians look like really good shot blockers.

Pero
07-15-2008, 06:35 AM
19 point difference... I think it's over.

10-tka
07-15-2008, 06:36 AM
looks like easy win
1.11 to go its 84-69

velik_m
07-15-2008, 06:40 AM
Win! 86-70.

Jaka and Sani came through.

Will be back with a rant after seeing replay.

ata
07-15-2008, 07:28 AM
Dalembert looked pretty lost out there :)

sendman
07-15-2008, 07:34 AM

Here is a BOXSCORE.
Rasho simply destroyed poor Dalembert.
http://www.athens2008.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/08/olymQual/men/scheResu/p/eventid//gamename/2/groupname/C/langid//langlc//roundid/6250/fe_scheStat_boxScor.html

Pero
07-15-2008, 07:44 AM
The Canadians had only 4 blocks? Damn, it looks like I haven't been watching too well because it seemed to me they had that just in the last quarter. :lol

Slomo
07-15-2008, 09:41 AM

Dalembert was pathetic. I thought he would be a problem, but...

For the Rasho fans (all three of you :lol) video post game interview:
http://www.athens2008.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/08/olymQual/men/news/lateNews/p/newsid/26649/FE_news_lateNews_arti.html

remingtonbo2001
07-15-2008, 10:10 AM
Dalembert was pathetic. I thought he would be a problem, but...

For the Rasho fans (all four of you :lol) video post game interview:
http://www.athens2008.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/08/olymQual/men/news/lateNews/p/newsid/26649/FE_news_lateNews_arti.html

Fixed.

angel_luv
07-15-2008, 10:18 AM
Win! 86-70.

Jaka and Sani came through.

Will be back with a rant after seeing replay.

:clap

I am glad for some good news to start the morning.

Good job, team. :)

angel_luv
07-15-2008, 10:19 AM
hvala Slomo :)

Nice fix, Bo. :)

velik_m
07-15-2008, 11:44 AM
SLO/CAN - Slovenia slaughter Canada

ATHENS (FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament for Men) - Slovenia sent out a loud message about their intentions of claiming a spot at the Beijing Games with an 86-70 rout of Canada on the second day of the FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament in Athens.

Jaka Lakovic poured in 16 of his game-high 19 points in the first quarter and Slovenia shut down Canada to earn a place in the quarter-finals.

Canada, who got 16 points from veteran guard Rowan Barrett, must now beat Korea on Wednesday to clinch the other last-eight place that goes to Group C.

"We still have the goal in front of us, it's still achievable," Barrett said.

"We just have to regroup, stay positive and come and get the win tomorrow."

Slovenia trailed 15-9 just past the midway point of the opening quarter but finished the frame with a 27-22 lead.

They led by as many as nine in the second quarter before taking a 41-34 lead to half-time.

By the end of the third quarter, Slovenia had extended their advantage to 64-49 and there was no way back for their opponents, with Pipan's team putting the clamps on the Canadian shooters.

Canada were just four of 13 from long range and 20 of 47 inside the arc.

"A lot of their game is based on outside shots, so we were really focused on not letting them get into a comfort zone," Slovenia captain Rasho Nesterovic said.

Meanwhile, Slovenia gave Canada fits with their pick-and-roll and constant ball movement.

Nesterovic is hoping that there will be no doubters in Slovenia, now. The national team won three games at the Alpos Cup in Maribor and have now clinched two straight wins in Athens.

"Every year, we have a better and better group of guys, and it's much easier to play when you have 12 guys who are willing to do something that is needed to reach our goal," Nesterovic said.

"We need to forget these two games, though. This was our goal, but now we have to get ready for Friday."

Canada must get ready for Korea.

"We have a few new components in our team, but I think we're better than what we showed today," Barrett said.

Slovenia were so good on Tuesday that Lakovic, the Barcelona point guard, only played close to 21 minutes.

Sani Becirovic is the other veteran playmaker in the team and he had 15 points.

Everyone was outstanding at the line, with Lakovic a perfect eight of eight and Becirovic 11 of 11.

Nesterovic had 14 points and nine rebounds while Uros Slokar scored 10 and grabbed five boards.

Ales Pipan got a huge lift from his bench, with Emir Preldzic showing his great promise with eight points.

FIBA

velik_m
07-15-2008, 11:46 AM
Well i've seen the game.

Not a lot of talent, but a lot of effort, teamwork and heart. :tu

angel_luv
07-15-2008, 11:52 AM
Nesterovic is hoping that there will be no doubters in Slovenia, now.

I'm in Texas but I believe. :)

10-tka
07-15-2008, 12:39 PM
I'm in Texas but I believe. :)

We missed you at the thread today but your prayers helped us.

angel_luv
07-15-2008, 12:41 PM
We missed you at the thread today but your prayers helped us.

I missed you guys too.

My home computer is broken so I couldn't log in until I came to work.

Slo spurs fan
07-15-2008, 01:24 PM

I missed you guys too.

My home computer is broken so I couldn't log in until I came to work.

Did you broke it when we lost to Croatia a couple of weeks ago? :pctoss

j/k

angel_luv
07-15-2008, 01:33 PM
Did you broke it when we lost to Croatia a couple of weeks ago? :pctoss
j/k

If it hadn't been broken already, I just might have. :)

Slo spurs fan
07-15-2008, 01:42 PM
OK, but seriously, what happend? Is it broken or it is just not working?

angel_luv
07-15-2008, 01:57 PM
My desktop won't power on.

This is the third summer in a row it has broken on me.
It is older- have had it for five years.
I still have it but don't know if it is worth fixing.

Then, the my laptop that my mom gave me is also not working. It has a virus on it.
My boyfriend is going to reformat it for me and see if I can use it after that.

angel_luv
07-15-2008, 03:33 PM
I am off from work tomorrow and so will be on the computer very little if at all, but I will talk to you guys on Wednesday. :)

velik_m
07-16-2008, 10:12 AM
Puerto Rico is our next opponent. They lost to Croatia 95-81.

ata
07-16-2008, 11:46 AM
Next game is "must win"!

PS: Canada almost lost to South Korea 79:77. Canada trailed -10 with 2 min to go.

Slomo
07-16-2008, 01:59 PM
Next game is "must win"!

PS: Canada almost lost to South Korea 79:77. Canada trailed -10 with 2 min to go.

Didn't get to see the game, but I'm not surprised, I thought Korea was a tougher opponent to Slovenia than Canada turned out to be.

angel_luv
07-17-2008, 01:41 PM
I wish you guys could see my room. I have my Slovenian flag hanging on the wall.
It looks awesome. :fro

Texas_Ranger
07-17-2008, 01:44 PM
I just hope that Puerto Rico will not explode like they did against USA!:wow

angel_luv
07-17-2008, 01:46 PM
I just hope that Puerto Rico will not explode like they did against USA!:wow

They'll bring it but we'll still beat them. :)

velik_m
07-18-2008, 12:09 AM
Thoughts before today's game:

The good:
- Rasho is the best C in the history of Slovenian basketball
- Sani hasn't been himself, but he's automatic from the FT line and our best playmaker (Jaka take notes)
- Preldžič won't be the surprise the Dragic was last year, but after a tentative start he got into groove against Canada. He'll be an important player for Slovenian team in the future
- Our team plays like a team
- What we lack in talent we make up in spirit

The bad:
- We had a 2 day rest. The last time we had a long rest we came out flat. On the other hand Puerto Rico had enough time to regain composure after their defeat
- Domen Lorbek is MIA. I guess that happens when you stick a sg on sf position.
- It's a do or die game, we were never really good at them.
- Puerto Rico hasn't had a good game yet, they are due one and their guards scare me.
- We're still paper thin at centers and wings. If Rasho and Slokar get into foul trouble we're done.

-------

Overall i'm worried because everybody in Slovenia is already looking at the semifinals, i just hope our team doesn't make the same mistake.

Go Slovenia!

10-tka
07-18-2008, 01:37 AM
Today is the day!
Let's kick some asses Slovenia.

ata
07-18-2008, 03:25 AM
- Domen is maybe MIA only on the offensive end. He does what has to be done in defence.
- We won last "do or die" game in Eurobasket 2007 against France. Our media keep forgeting this. Game against Greece was important, however not "do or die" regarding Bejing
- Drobnjak is pleasent surprise on the defence. I also can't see Puerto Rico's big, which can cause foul troubles for both (Rasho and Uroš).

velik_m
07-18-2008, 06:58 AM
Croatia just raped Canada 83-62. Puts our group in perspective, we had it easy so far.

velik_m
07-18-2008, 07:45 AM
our guards are cold and in foul trouble :(

velik_m
07-18-2008, 07:49 AM
Losing after 1st period 15:21

ata
07-18-2008, 07:50 AM
Damn, could please one of perimeter player hit the basket. At least one!

You can't kill zone without perimeter shot.

ata
07-18-2008, 07:51 AM
WTG Jokso!!!!!!!!!!!!1

velik_m
07-18-2008, 07:55 AM
Technical :pctoss

ata
07-18-2008, 07:56 AM
Technical :pctoss

Actualy flagrant. Still very stupid foul

ata
07-18-2008, 08:11 AM
34-34 after halftime

Actually quite good result, regarding how lousy our guards play. Rebouding is saving us.

I'd really like to see more finishing under the rim. Dragic and Joksimovic had perfect chances and they decided to "assist" in crowd.

velik_m
07-18-2008, 08:13 AM
Our guards need to bring it in the second half.

velik_m
07-18-2008, 08:28 AM
We're fucked.

ata
07-18-2008, 08:42 AM
It is not over 'til fat lady sings

Those threes are falling for Puerto Rico. How many in Q3? 6?

velik_m
07-18-2008, 08:42 AM
Looks like another heartbreaker.

velik_m
07-18-2008, 08:43 AM
It is not over 'til fat lady sings

Those threes are falling for Puerto Rico. How many in Q3? 6?

At least 6, probably 8, lost count but there was like 5 of them in a row.

ata
07-18-2008, 09:02 AM
:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss

velik_m
07-18-2008, 09:11 AM
Well that was a short dream, and it was like a nightmare.

My weekend is once again ruined, thanks to Slovenian national baskeball team.*

*Dashing slovenian hopes since 1992

10-tka
07-18-2008, 09:16 AM
I just love coach Pipan ruining every basketball hope of this nation.
He just standed there in last Q and didn't do anything, we could use Brezec today but he is like a like school boy in disupute with Pipan

I HATE THIS GUY IF I DONT SEE HIM ANYMORE I WILL BE MOST HAPPY PERSON IN THE WORLD

Texas_Ranger
07-18-2008, 09:17 AM
:lol :lol :lol :lol
Great job Slovenia.... You just showed that you SUCK when you need to win!!
NOW GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU MOTHERFUCKING BITCH PIPAN!
If they don't fire him now, they are even more stupid.

10-tka
07-18-2008, 09:47 AM
:lol :lol :lol :lol
Great job Slovenia.... You just showed that you SUCK when you need to win!!
NOW GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU MOTHERFUCKING BITCH PIPAN!
If they don't fire him now, they are even more stupid.

THE BEST post in this entire thread

MacGyver
07-18-2008, 09:54 AM
THE BEST post in this entire thread

:king:toast

velik_m
07-18-2008, 09:59 AM
while (True) {
TeamSlovenia = new BasketballTeam();
TeamSlovenia.underachieve();
sleep(YEAR);
}

Pero
07-18-2008, 11:53 AM
Yeah those fucking Memphis Grizzlies couldn't win the damn championship. They should fire their stupid coach.

Texas_Ranger
07-18-2008, 02:44 PM
^^ OK then... We should extend Pipan's contract for 5 years. He's a great coach!:spin

Kobayagi
07-18-2008, 05:02 PM
It was Rasho's farewell game for NT. I wonder who's going to be our next captain. I don't see anyone with floor leadership abilities. Smodis seems the only reasonable choice, but you can't have a captain that only shows up for 20 % of the games.

mystargtr34
07-18-2008, 10:54 PM
while (True) {
TeamSlovenia = new BasketballTeam();
TeamSlovenia.underachieve();
sleep(YEAR);
}

Man i hate programming.

angel_luv
07-20-2008, 03:45 PM
We lost. I am sooooooo disappointed.
I made my boyfriend look online to check on the team for me since my computer is broke.

I thought this was our summer. :(

It was fun while it lasted at least.

Talk to you guys tomorrow.

10-tka
07-28-2008, 02:28 AM
Sasha Vujacic exclusive about National Team
http://siol.net/sportal/sportal_plus/intervjuji/2008/07/sasa_vujacic.aspx

Maybe someone can tranaslate it in details.
In general he say that he has hard feelings to KZS (basketball association of Slovenia) that he was thrown out of hotel in 2003 when he was cut from team for European Ch.. (did I write this here some time ago, some bb coach allready told me this but I could't or wouldn't understand??!)
Future...
He just wants to talk with someone from KZS in LA and it's possible....

angel_luv
07-28-2008, 10:53 AM
I miss this thread.

I didn't get to watch any Slovenian team basketball this summer. :(