PDA

View Full Version : Finley and Horry talk....

Blake
05-30-2008, 04:15 PM
chances are, neither of these guys will be Spurs next year and there's a slight chance that both may even hang up the sneakers....

Some seem to think that Horry is a hall of famer; Finley likely is not.

Questions are:

1) If Horry goes into the Hall, which team will he likely be most linked to?
2) will any of the teams Horry has played for retire his number?
3) Will the Mavericks retire Finley's number?

ElNono
05-30-2008, 04:24 PM
Finley: That Blake dude keeps coming up with weak threads...
Horry: You're weak, Findog
Finley: Fuck you, Will Smith

NoMoneyDown
05-30-2008, 04:25 PM

Even if he was one of Dallas' best ever (debatable), I seriously doubt Cuban would ever allow Fin's jersey to hang in his arena. Especially, with all the money he had to pay him to play for another team.

Kori Ellis
05-30-2008, 04:27 PM
I think Finley and Horry will both want to keep playing here next year, unfortunately. And Pop likes them enough he might waste roster spots on them.

Mr. Body
05-30-2008, 04:29 PM
I halfway think when Horry is released (not resigned) he'll sign with another team for another year. Possibly LA.

MadDog73
05-30-2008, 04:30 PM
I halfway think when Horry is released (not resigned) he'll sign with another team for another year. Possibly LA.

Ugh. That would be sickening.

T Park
05-30-2008, 04:49 PM
I think Finley and Horry will both want to keep playing here next year, unfortunately. And Pop likes them enough he might waste roster spots on them.

Horry as a 12th man sure.

Finley? Hes Steve Smith 2008 version, let him move on.

stretch
05-30-2008, 04:52 PM
Finley's jersey better get retired in Dallas. I would be so pissed if it weren't...

T Park
05-30-2008, 04:56 PM
Finley's jersey better get retired in Dallas. I would be so pissed if it weren't...

Honestly, I'm glad to see a Maverick fan hasn't turned their back on Finley.

Props man :tu

BlackSwordsMan
05-30-2008, 04:56 PM
I see finley coming back but not horry

The Truth #6
05-30-2008, 05:04 PM
Horry can be Ian's personal coach, maybe. He probably will want to come back because he wants/needs more money. I still see no legitimate reason to resign him. To do so is an admission of failure.

Finley can hang out at the Dominion. I think he's a classy guy, and tried his best, but the team needs to move in another direction. If he and Horry both return then Pop needs counseling.

Unlike a bottle of wine, the human body does not improve with age.

CubanMustGo
05-30-2008, 06:02 PM
Horry was totally out of gas this year. Love what he did for us the previous few years but it's time to retire, old man. Focus on your family, you deserve it.

Finley had his moments. He might get a deal with another team but I hope Pop for once will do what's best for the team and let him go too. Glad he was a part of last year's championship, he deserved a ring.

wildbill2u
05-30-2008, 07:09 PM
chances are, neither of these guys will be Spurs next year and there's a slight chance that both may even hang up the sneakers....

Some seem to think that Horry is a hall of famer; Finley likely is not.

Questions are:

1) If Horry goes into the Hall, which team will he likely be most linked to?
2) will any of the teams Horry has played for retire his number?

Horry's only shot at the HOF is in the oddity section (Most Championship rings with multiple teams) where they keep Bob Lanier's size 16EEEEE shoes. He is a classic underachiever on every team he played for with a 6pt ppg career average backed up by a .42% FGA and .34% TPA. It would demean the HOF for him to get in on his careeer non- achievements.

Finley was a good shooter in his day, but wasn't outstanding enough in his career to warrant a HOF spot. He probably will get his number retired in the Maverick pantheon--because they have so few highligts.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-30-2008, 07:45 PM

I wouldn't be surprised about this - despite the fact Horry delivered great wins for the Spurs and everyone should be happy about he never really delivered against his old team when it counted, both in 2004 and 2008. This time around he didn't even make a shot and passed the ball first.

If he goes back to LA I would consider that betrayal, but that's just my opinion.

50 cent
05-30-2008, 07:49 PM
I would rather have Finley than Horry and Horry is one of my all-time favorites.

He is done.

v2freak
05-30-2008, 08:12 PM
I hope they both retire as Spurs

Banzai
05-30-2008, 08:18 PM
I hope they both retire as Spurs

I think Horry will retire a Laker..who knows though..maybe he'll retire a Rocket?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-30-2008, 09:17 PM
I would prefer they both retire. I'd hate to see Horry retire with another team though.

Sucks we couldn't repeat with them.

wildchild
05-30-2008, 09:38 PM
Honestly, I'm glad to see a Maverick fan hasn't turned their back on Finley.

Props man :tu

Agree.

T Park your sig with FUCK... Tiago? Put Ian's pick!

greens
05-30-2008, 09:50 PM
I think Robert Horry should be in the Hall of Fame. 7 championships with three different teams. That's amazing.

As for Finley's shirt to be retired for the Mavs? I doubt it. Cuban is not exactly a classy guy.

NewJerSpur
05-30-2008, 10:07 PM
I would prefer they both retire. I'd hate to see Horry retire with another team though.

Sucks we couldn't repeat with them.

Yeah, but his play didn't help matters much. I don't really blame him though because he hadn't established any kind of a rhythm going in to the postseason due to being injured much of the season.

The person I really blame in this instance is Pop...not to a ridiculous extent where I would dare suggest he be fired, that'd be ignorant. I used to think Pop was overrated as a coach and blamed him during the Lakers' championship runs at the beginning of the millenium for not making the offense less predictable (throw the ball in to Tim and move out of the way); however, after seeing him groom Parker from a sporadic scoring PG with no real desire to play defense into an All-Star calibur guard who hustles on both ends of the floor and seeing him also establish more motion into the offense once he got the right personnel Pop won me over BIG TIME.

The reason I blame him to some degree for the outcome of the series was overcoaching. Mainly, playing Horry more than KT whom the team went through great lengths to acquire for this year's playoff run. Kurt provided the team with better defense and rebound in the paint than what any of the other bigs next to Tim could, and when we needed he rebounding and ability to block out the most (Game 4) Pop sat him in favor of Horry as he'd done for much of the series. I guess Pop figured Horry knew the Lakers' main personnel and system better than Kurt and would provide a more mobile defender against a guy like Odom who likes to score off-the-dribble....the plan failed miserably. Robert was simply out of sinc in almost all phases of the game and Kurt was left to watch the team get bullied on the boards and in the paint.

Nonetheless, hopefully this is a lesson learned moving forward and regardless of what the Team/Fin/Horry decide they have all had great runs with each other.

tmtcsc
05-31-2008, 12:05 AM
Ok, as bad as it looked AND it looked awful at times...I think both Horry and Finley on the end of the bench would be fine with me. Bonner, Stoudamire and Vaughn need to go. Good guys ? So what ? We need to free up roster spots

Fin is cheap and so is Horry. Why not keep them as insurance and let them ride the bench most of the time ? If we find better alternatives, great but I'm not so sure if we can.

greens
05-31-2008, 04:20 AM
I honestly think both Horry and Finley might retire. I don't know about Brent.

Texas_Ranger
05-31-2008, 04:22 AM
And I honestly think that they both should retire.

angelbelow
05-31-2008, 04:51 AM
i would prefer both to retire, but i want them (esp horry) to be somehow linked to us. like an special coach or advisor or something.

mrspurs
05-31-2008, 07:39 AM
horry is overrated...since his days back in houston...he has been riding on allstar teamates championship rings after rings...horry knows where the next chances of a ring are, and boom...........goes there.....i hope he blows two knees before he comes back...cos thats the only thing that would keep pop from wanting him back....go spurs go

Blake
05-31-2008, 09:55 AM
Finley: That Blake dude keeps coming up with weak threads...
Horry: You're weak, Findog
Finley: Fuck you, Will Smith

Manu: El Nono is about as funny as our box score in game 5

Blake
05-31-2008, 09:57 AM
Horry's only shot at the HOF is in the oddity section (Most Championship rings with multiple teams) where they keep Bob Lanier's size 16EEEEE shoes. He is a classic underachiever on every team he played for with a 6pt ppg career average backed up by a .42% FGA and .34% TPA. It would demean the HOF for him to get in on his careeer non- achievements.

Finley was a good shooter in his day, but wasn't outstanding enough in his career to warrant a HOF spot. He probably will get his number retired in the Maverick pantheon--because they have so few highligts.

Absolutely agree....

...but I keep hearing over and over from NBA hack how Horry should be in the Hall.

I think he undeservedly gets in some day.

sedale threatt
05-31-2008, 10:04 AM
horry wouldn't be able to make next year's laker roster. that's the reality, even before you consider the new rule against flopping. don't get me started on that one--as if we needed more evidence of the nba's longstanding conspiracy against our dynasty!