PDA

View Full Version : spurs need the biggest pg possible

coachmac87
05-30-2008, 06:36 PM
people say spurs need a pure scorer to take the load off the big 3...

i say ya a scorer would be nice..but the spurs need somebody that can create open shots for the other players. need easy buckets.

the spurs had to work way to hard these playoffs to score.

think about it..spurs have nobody to create other shots for their teammates.

parker as our pg just does not get the job done getting others involved.

finley cant create shit. bowen cant create shit. and our bigs other than duncan. cant create shit.

a young brent barry would be PERFECT. spurs need a 2 guard who can shoot the 3 and get some assists. assists are just as good as scoring.

because we all know how you get an assist.

not sure who falls into this category but its exactly what we need.

we need a pg in a shooting guard body. a backup pg wont get the job done. because we need tony scoring, and i dont see pop having 2 people on the floor under 6'5 for long stretches.

so can anybody think of this mystery player the spurs must find? wish we can give brent barry the fountain of youth :depressed

EJK5032
05-30-2008, 07:00 PM
Barry should play more period.

My only problem with Barry is that he passes too much.......the guy is older, but super athletic, he can run like a deer......he is a former Slam Dunk Champion for cryin' out loud......and everytime he drives the ball into the paint he throws a no look pass out to the 3 point line. Now yes, it's usually a great pass, and yes the Spurs have shooters, but that is a far lower percentage shot than a freaking layup or dunk. Take the ball strong to the hole Barry ! PLus he's a great foul shooter......get to the line! All he ever shoots is 3s.