PDA

View Full Version : Trade Manu/Manu Bashing

gospursgojas
05-30-2008, 07:12 PM
All this talk about needing to trade Manu, about Manu being to old and about him hurting the Spurs this series needs to stop.

Instead we should all be commeding him. When have we ever seen a player just plain, flat-out, run out of gas? Manu could actually say that he absoulutly had nothing left in the tank. His brilliant game 3 performance took all that he had out of him. How many players out there can honestly say that they gave everything they had? And mean it.

The only other time that I can remember seeing a performance like this is in overtime of game 7 of the 06 semis. Then, Tim Duncan played like shit in the OT. He let Desagna Diop completely shut him down. Desagna Diop?! He too, was done, spent, out of gas. Some people are saying that Sasha Vujacic out-played Manu in the series. Well perhaps a healthy Sasha did out play a hurt, and spent Manu, but does that mean Sasha is better? Is Diop better than Tim?

As much as we wont like it, Manu will play with the Argentinan team this Summer. Because thats the type of player he is. And b/c he is that type of player, the Spurs have 3 of thier 4 'ships. And as much as playing this summer will hurt his recovery we can expect that Manu will suit up next season and give the Spurs what he has always given them, good or bad, EVERYTHING.

Obi1Ginobili
05-30-2008, 07:21 PM
Amen brotha.

TheManFromAcme
05-30-2008, 07:27 PM
We'll take Manu.

We'll give you Chirs Mihm.

What do you say about that trade?

Man, Kobe and Manu together. That would be cool.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-30-2008, 07:35 PM
LIke I says...if you don't trade him Manu at 6-6 and 200pd JUST AINT GONNA CUT IT..he needs to IMPROVE HIS BODY...much like Jordan did into his thirty's getting up to 215.

Kobe is about 215-220... Manu needs to MAN up his proportions or he aint gonna have any gas in the tank in years to come ..and what good is he...Rosstraining.com..the BIBLE of how to IMPROVE FUNCTIONAL STRENGTH and DURABILITY of ATHLETES...

:bang

spurschick
05-30-2008, 07:43 PM
It's just another off-season blamestorming session. Tony sucks, trade Manu, fire Pop... while it's completely annoying, we shouldn't be surprised by it.

gospursgojas
05-30-2008, 08:07 PM
We'll take Manu.

:lol

LIke I says...if you don't trade him Manu at 6-6 and 200pd JUST AINT GONNA CUT IT..he needs to IMPROVE HIS BODY...much like Jordan did into his thirty's getting up to 215.

Kobe is about 215-220... Manu needs to MAN up his proportions or he aint gonna have any gas in the tank in years to come ..and what good is he...Rosstraining.com..the BIBLE of how to IMPROVE FUNCTIONAL STRENGTH and DURABILITY of ATHLETES...

Manu wouldn't be able to do half of what he does if he bulked up

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-30-2008, 08:47 PM
Manu needs to work on his midrange game even more in the offseason.

urunobili
05-30-2008, 09:21 PM

i think that is one of the things that could extend his career on the league...

milkyway21
05-30-2008, 09:28 PM
Manu is the heart of this team.

I say NO.

Duncan+Parker+Manu = Spurs

next option pls............

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-30-2008, 09:28 PM
i think that is one of the things that could extend his career on the league...

He worked on it, but he didn't rely on it (he relied on his three :lol). He'd mix it up in the 2008 RS, but he'd only throw in one or two shots. He had a gamewinner off it once.

I'd like to see him make himself an offensive threat from midrange like Rip Hamilton. It's not unachievable from Manu.

Ideal would be a David West like threat from inside the perimeter but since he's short, it'd have to be a fadeaway.

mystargtr34
05-30-2008, 09:37 PM
All this talk about needing to trade Manu, about Manu being to old and about him hurting the Spurs this series needs to stop.

Instead we should all be commeding him. When have we ever seen a player just plain, flat-out, run out of gas? Manu could actually say that he absoulutly had nothing left in the tank. His brilliant game 3 performance took all that he had out of him. How many players out there can honestly say that they gave everything they had? And mean it.

The only other time that I can remember seeing a performance like this is in overtime of game 7 of the 06 semis. Then, Tim Duncan played like shit in the OT. He let Desagna Diop completely shut him down. Desagna Diop?! He too, was done, spent, out of gas. Some people are saying that Sasha Vujacic out-played Manu in the series. Well perhaps a healthy Sasha did out play a hurt, and spent Manu, but does that mean Sasha is better? Is Diop better than Tim?

As much as we wont like it, Manu will play with the Argentinan team this Summer. Because thats the type of player he is. And b/c he is that type of player, the Spurs have 3 of thier 4 'ships. And as much as playing this summer will hurt his recovery we can expect that Manu will suit up next season and give the Spurs what he has always given them, good or bad, EVERYTHING.

I agree that the bashing needs to stop... but thats a pretty terrible comparison.

Tim Duncan carried the Spurs and dominated the Mavs to the tune of something like 32 points and 13 rebounds ... and in that final game he came up with 41 and 15 in a Game 7 playing nearly 50 minutes.

Manu pretty much stunk it up all series after playing 30 minutes a night in the regular season (less than Duncan and Parker)... and pretty much did nothing in that final elimination game, without playing that many minutes.

You think after Duncan puts up 41-15 all of a sudden Diop shuts him down in the OT :lol... it was a combination of being spent and missing shots.

Manu wasnt shut down either... he just continued to throw passes away and and miss shots. People make different excuses... either he was spent, or he was injured. He said himself he felt better in the Lakers series... he just flat out struggled.

But of course he wasnt at 100%, then again who is.

carina_gino20
05-30-2008, 09:44 PM

I thought his midrange was beautiful during the regular season. Then he ran into injuries before the playoffs and never really got back to form.

gospursgojas
05-31-2008, 09:47 AM
I agree that the bashing needs to stop... but thats a pretty terrible comparison.

Tim Duncan carried the Spurs and dominated the Mavs to the tune of something like 32 points and 13 rebounds ... and in that final game he came up with 41 and 15 in a Game 7 playing nearly 50 minutes.

Manu pretty much stunk it up all series after playing 30 minutes a night in the regular season (less than Duncan and Parker)... and pretty much did nothing in that final elimination game, without playing that many minutes.

You think after Duncan puts up 41-15 all of a sudden Diop shuts him down in the OT :lol... it was a combination of being spent and missing shots.

Manu wasnt shut down either... he just continued to throw passes away and and miss shots. People make different excuses... either he was spent, or he was injured. He said himself he felt better in the Lakers series... he just flat out struggled.

But of course he wasnt at 100%, then again who is.

Thats excactly what I said :rolleyes

amy020
05-31-2008, 10:37 AM
It's obvious that the injury limit manu's play. I'm sure that he will be back when he get rid of the injury. what a competior he is!!! GO MANU GO!!!

SequSpur
05-31-2008, 10:44 AM
trade him.

sassystriker
05-31-2008, 10:49 AM

Good Job! Well said! Great!! I'm proud to be along side you as a Spurs fan. Sucking up the loss and still having faith in the team. To Manu, Tim and the rest of the gang, I still believe. Waiting for Olympic Manu, it'll be great! ( yea, I know, not enough rest for the next season, but hey, this is Manu, he'll play wether we want it or not) You are a fantastic fan! A roaring applause for you. :clap:clap:clap

ginobili fan
05-31-2008, 10:50 AM
We'll take Manu.

Yeah and how about fisher for Tony?

Imagine a squad with tp manu and kobe and lamar oh... and gasol I think with david stern it can happen anytime.

T Park
05-31-2008, 10:50 AM
I don't think he was out of gas.

I think his ankle was bad enough to limit him greatly and not move like he should or can.