PDA

View Full Version : SCHEDULE for NBA FINALS

spurscenter
05-30-2008, 07:32 PM
What is the schedule for the NBA Finals

Are the games played , every other day,

IF NOT, why not?

Was that the first time a Western Conference Finals was played every other day - Ever?

duncan228
05-30-2008, 07:41 PM
The Finals start June 5.
Game 2 June 8
Game 3 June 10
Game 4 June 12
if necessary:
Game 5 June 15
Game 6 June 17
Game 7 June 19

spurscenter
05-30-2008, 07:51 PM
Thanks.

Nice Cushion between games, huh?

KobeOwnsBowen
05-30-2008, 08:00 PM
The Suns in 2005 had to deal with the same schedule. No conspiracy here.

JustSpurs
05-30-2008, 08:58 PM
How is this breaking down? Is it 3-3-1?

duncan228
05-30-2008, 09:00 PM
How is this breaking down? Is it 3-3-1?

2-3-2

Allanon
05-30-2008, 09:02 PM
Thanks Duncan228, didn't think they went that way. The 2-3-2 is great for the non-HCA team.

AlamoSpursFan
05-30-2008, 09:05 PM
NBA Finals?

What's that?

Am I the only person who considers the NBA season officially over when the Spurs lose?

greens
05-30-2008, 09:45 PM
Yeah, I don't know if I'll watch the finals. But I don't want the Lakers to win. So I guess I would prefer it either Boston or Detroit won.

GSH
05-31-2008, 12:27 AM
Yeah, I don't know if I'll watch the finals. But I don't want the Lakers to win. So I guess I would prefer it either Boston or Detroit won.

Detroit is out. The Finals will start on the day after Whogivesaratfuck.

The LA-Boston matchup will give them almost three weeks of NBA retrospectives. We'll get to see the 8mm films of the birth of McHales oldest child, and Kareem's circumcision. (For which he has never forgiven his parents.) We'll get to hear about Magic Johnson's struggles with HIV, and Larry Bird's struggles with being from Indiana. We'll hear how the Lakers were originally from Minneapolis, but the Celtics were actually created by God in the Boston Garden of Eden. We'll see endless comparisons of Red Auebach and Phil Jackson.

Well... we would if we were watching. I'm going to be busy on the day after Whogivesaratfuck.

Holt's Cat
05-31-2008, 12:36 AM
The best part will be the recaps of how the Celtics beat the Atlanta Crackers in 1952 for their 5th straight title or how the gripping 3 game championship series between the Minneapolis Lakers and the Fargo Fudgepackers in 1931 was decided by Engelbert Johanssen and his use of the jump shot.

NBA Junkie
05-31-2008, 12:37 AM
Thanks.

Nice Cushion between games, huh?

The NBA has played their final games on Thursday-Sunday-Tuesday since 2004. Before it was Wednesday-Friday-Sunday when NBC had the broadcast rights.

The cushion has been consistent for at least the last 20 years.

T Park
05-31-2008, 12:39 AM
The Suns in 2005 had to deal with the same schedule. No conspiracy here.

Didn't the Suns lose in the Western Finals....

KobeOwnsBowen
05-31-2008, 02:20 AM
Didn't the Suns lose in the Western Finals....
Yes with having no rest after a 7 game series with Dallas. Joe Johnson getting hurt and a thin bench didn't help causes.

kace
05-31-2008, 02:57 AM
the real stupidity is to make a serie begin two days after another one like they did for us.

LA and Boston will have 6 days to prepare their serie. and it would have been 4 days even if Boston-detroit would go to 7th game.

Tyler_Durden
05-31-2008, 03:15 AM
the real stupidity is to make a serie begin two days after another one like they dis for us.

LA and Boston will have 6 days to prepare their serie. and it would have been 4 days even if Boston-detroit would go to 7th game.

The playoffs are supposed to be tough like that. Its more of an incentive to win sooner.

If you win the conference, you get a handful of days off to make sure you're ready for the big show. Its pretty much always been that way I think.

kace
05-31-2008, 04:06 AM
The playoffs are supposed to be tough like that. Its more of an incentive to win sooner.

If you win the conference, you get a handful of days off to make sure you're ready for the big show. Its pretty much always been that way I think.

yes. maybe. anyway i'm not talking about any conspiracy theory against us.
just saying that it would be smart to let at least three days between two series in order to prepare a game plan and to rest a little. a better basketball could be played and it would be more fair. the fact it has always been like this doesn't make it right. just my opinion.

Texas_Ranger
05-31-2008, 04:09 AM
Spurs out.
Pistons out.
No NBA finals for me.

mytespurs
05-31-2008, 04:11 AM
While Boston has HCA, it does seem the championship format favors the Lakers. Lakers have shown they can win on the road so it wouldn't surprise me if the series is 1-1 heading back to LA. Boston hasn't shown they can play well on the road though they did win 2 in Detroit.

From my view, the pressure is on Boston.

Thankfully I'll have other things to occupy my mind for the next 2 weeks. :)

J.T.
05-31-2008, 04:15 AM
While Boston has HCA, it does seem the championship format favors the Lakers. Lakers have shown they can win on the road so it wouldn't surprise me if the series is 1-1 heading back to LA. Boston hasn't shown they can play well on the road though they did win 2 in Detroit.

From my view, the pressure is on Boston.

Thankfully I'll have other things to occupy my mind for the next 2 weeks. :)

Winning 2 in Detroit is the equivalent of winning 3 in Atlanta and Cleveland combined. The Palace is the toughest place to win in the East.

slayermin
05-31-2008, 04:20 AM
Detroit is out. The Finals will start on the day after Whogivesaratfuck.

The LA-Boston matchup will give them almost three weeks of NBA retrospectives. We'll get to see the 8mm films of the birth of McHales oldest child, and Kareem's circumcision. (For which he has never forgiven his parents.) We'll get to hear about Magic Johnson's struggles with HIV, and Larry Bird's struggles with being from Indiana. We'll hear how the Lakers were originally from Minneapolis, but the Celtics were actually created by God in the Boston Garden of Eden. We'll see endless comparisons of Red Auebach and Phil Jackson.

Well... we would if we were watching. I'm going to be busy on the day after Whogivesaratfuck.

:lol