PDA

View Full Version : Biggest offseason move= Tony Parker

coachmac87
05-30-2008, 08:42 PM
People are blaming manu and pop. But what happened to the "Finals MVP"???

He was great in the phx series but that's because they play NO defense.

But he is not a top 5 pg right now. Main reason because he does not get his teammates involved. Why cant he average 8 assists a game? if he "can get anywhere on court" that should be a piece of cake.

He has to get easy points for other players early in the game. Because tony can get his whenever. He is that fast, and good at scoring.

I want to see 20 and 8...he needs to start playing like a real point guard.

Also, if he can establish a consistent mid range jumper. He can fucking learn how to shoot the 3.

If he had this in his game he would be the best. Not saying he needs to be a sharp shooter, but he needs to establish a threat from behind the arc. Teams are going to continue sag off him and contest his mid range.

I think if he works his ass off on the 3ball this offseason it will open up better assists numbers and it will get other teammates involved.

Spurs will be a totally different team if he added the 3ball to his game.

Spaceman Spiff
05-30-2008, 08:46 PM
In their offense, he is supposed to attack. He's not a "playmaker" in the sense that Nash and Paul are. He doesn't need assists to be effective. Most of his assists are dishouts from being aggressive offensively. He's a scorer, and the Spurs are a team that is occasionally starved for scorers.

And I think it's a hard argument to say that TP working on his 3 will help his assists numbers. The less 3's he takes the better.....he should be getting inside creating havoc and breaking down defenses.

mrspurs
05-30-2008, 08:47 PM
there you go....everyone wants 3's....if we learned one thing this season its this...PO games are won in the paint, not from the arc.we got alley-oop after alley-oop performed on us like ive never seen before..get another big man who doesnt choke like fab,horry,kurt,bonner, and start from downlow before you even think about the 3's...go spurs go

mystargtr34
05-30-2008, 08:49 PM
Parker certaintly needs to become a better passer... his job is to score but he has to be able to create for others.

Spaceman Spiff
05-30-2008, 08:51 PM
get another big man who doesnt choke like fab,horry,kurt,bonner, and start from downlow

To be fair, Horry is one of the most clutch players of all time (he's just older than dirt), Bonner never got a chance, and KT had a great game 5.

K-State Spur
05-30-2008, 09:00 PM
If Parker had New Orleans or Utah's scorekeeper - he would average 8 assists per game.

coachmac87
05-30-2008, 09:01 PM
In their offense, he is supposed to attack. He's not a "playmaker" in the sense that Nash and Paul are. He doesn't need assists to be effective. Most of his assists are dishouts from being aggressive offensively. He's a scorer, and the Spurs are a team that is occasionally starved for scorers.

And I think it's a hard argument to say that TP working on his 3 will help his assists numbers. The less 3's he takes the better.....he should be getting inside creating havoc and breaking down defenses.

your kidding right? if he established a 3 pt shot. you couldnt guard him. you play tight he gets by. you sag off he will shoot it. and we know he can shoot the mid range game. he became easy to guard in the playoffs...

all teams were doing was sagging off enough to wear he is tempted to shoot the contested jumper. tony had a tough time getting easy baskets against teams not named the SUNS.

your lying if u think tony being able to shoot the 3 would not be a dream

K-State Spur
05-30-2008, 09:05 PM
it's been a good while since the essential end-of-year Parker-hate threads. About time.

Spaceman Spiff
05-30-2008, 09:11 PM
all teams were doing was sagging off enough to wear he is tempted to shoot the contested jumper. tony had a tough time getting easy baskets against teams not named the SUNS.

your lying if u think tony being able to shoot the 3 would not be a dream

He shot 48.6% against NO, averaged nearly 20 points, and defended CP3 for the majority of the series. And he did it as the only guy that could penetrate on the team (Manu being relegated to a jumpshooter).

Against LA, he did basically the same.

Yes, I want Parker to have range, but he's great where he is. The less 3's he takes, the better. I want him attacking every single time he touches the ball, not hanging around the perimeter.

fred33
05-30-2008, 09:12 PM
Parker Has Nobody Who Dunk With Amare Or Chandle It3s Not The Same Story

coachmac87
05-30-2008, 09:15 PM
He shot 48.6% against NO, averaged nearly 20 points, and defended CP3 for the majority of the series. And he did it as the only guy that could penetrate on the team (Manu being relegated to a jumpshooter).

Against LA, he did basically the same.

Yes, I want Parker to have range, but he's great where he is. The less 3's he takes, the better. I want him attacking every single time he touches the ball, not hanging around the perimeter.

you act like i want him to become a 3pt shooter...

not the case fool. but if he added a 3ball to his game and make people respect it. it will make him and our team better..

Spaceman Spiff
05-30-2008, 09:18 PM
not the case fool. but if he added a 3ball to his game and make people respect it. it will make him and our team better..

If you think we got eliminated from the playoffs because of Parker's inability to hit 3's, than I don't even have to point out who the "fool" is, sucka.

oligarchy
05-30-2008, 09:18 PM

Is that supposed to be intelligible?

coachmac87
05-30-2008, 09:20 PM
you dont kno the game of basketball if your saying tony could not use a 3ball.....

tony is our future people. we need his game to develop as much as it can.

and stop making it seem like i want him shooting 5 3's a game. but 2 or 3 wouldnt be so bad.

he has to make people at least respect him from there...or we are going to continue see them sag

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-30-2008, 09:20 PM
Parker's role as a scoring PG is good strategy. His midrange jumper isn't even completely reliable so why should he work on a range that's a little too beyond his ability. I doubt he'd get into the 40 percent range. We dont' have enough mid range game in our team anyway so I don't see the point in making people respect Parker's 3 Pt Shot.

Adding a three point shot from him, would just fuck up where he excels. We had enough three point reliance this season.. TOO much confidence from our wings/perimeter that it ended up contributing to our demise. Parker's fine the way he is.

J.T.
05-30-2008, 09:21 PM
Fire sale in San Antonio!

Manu Ginobilis available for $10, a VHS player and a can of silly string!

Tony Parkers available for a Walkman, a pack of Lucky Strikes, and a hot dog!

Tim Duncans available for five low payments of $29.99!

Limited time only! Act now!

milkyway21
05-30-2008, 09:23 PM
I will really be disappointed if the Spurs will trade Parker.

duncan228
05-30-2008, 09:23 PM

Where do I send the money? :lol

coachmac87
05-30-2008, 09:24 PM

what makes u think they will do that?

coachmac87
05-30-2008, 09:27 PM
people act like getting better at shooting is hard.........

he is in the FUCKIN NBA.

he improved his jumper so much since he got into the league...

i dont understand how he cant just step back a foot and hit one or two a game.

NewJerSpur
05-30-2008, 09:28 PM
there you go....everyone wants 3's....if we learned one thing this season its this...PO games are won in the paint, not from the arc.we got alley-oop after alley-oop performed on us like ive never seen before..get another big man who doesnt choke like fab,horry,kurt,bonner, and start from downlow before you even think about the 3's...go spurs go

Kurt wasn't in the series long enough to choke and when he did play he provided great toughness and rebounding.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-30-2008, 09:30 PM
Fire sale in San Antonio!

Manu Ginobilis available for $10, a VHS player and a can of silly string!

Tony Parkers available for a Walkman, a pack of Lucky Strikes, and a hot dog!

Limited time only! Act now!

Sighhh....Jerry West, at it again...

NewJerSpur
05-30-2008, 09:33 PM

If it didn't happen prior to his Finals MVP performance it likely won't happen anytime soon. He, Manu, and Tim anchor this team and will do so for at least several more years. Tony needs a distributing backup PG with a decent jumper that'll keep the defense honest and possibly allow him to even play a little 2-guard.

Whenever TP got into the paint throughout these playoffs he was deadly and precise as he has been in past championship runs. He had judgement lapses this year at times like in any other year, but our defense wasn't disciplined enough to allow us to overcome his TO's.

urunobili
05-30-2008, 09:33 PM
TP did what he could... i was actually expecting him to stoep up a lil more on the last series... but if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have been there anyway.... i'd take TP over EVERY point guard in the league but Deron Williams

coachmac87
05-30-2008, 09:38 PM
ok just looked on NBA.com site

and tony has taken 8 3's twice in his career.

wow. when was this?

Extra Stout
05-30-2008, 09:43 PM
Also, if he can establish a consistent mid range jumper. He can fucking learn how to shoot the 3.

If he had this in his game he would be the best. Not saying he needs to be a sharp shooter, but he needs to establish a threat from behind the arc. Teams are going to continue sag off him and contest his mid range.

I think if he works his ass off on the 3ball this offseason it will open up better assists numbers and it will get other teammates involved.

2006 offseason forum.

Holt's Cat
05-30-2008, 09:43 PM
I hate fucking Spurs fans. Fuck you stupid motherfuckers.

The Spurs do not run an offense conducive to TP dominating the distribution of the ball and consequentially, racking up huge assist totals.

Fuck.

greens
05-30-2008, 09:47 PM
What is up with all the trade talk?

Did the Spurs win the championship in 2007? YES.

Did they trade their main players in 2006 after loosing to the Mavs? NO.

SpurOutofTownFan
Hello? Spurs game plan isn't made for the PG whoever he happens to be to rack up huge assist numbers. It isn't just based on PG play (read Tim Duncan).

Holt's Cat
Fuck man, the problem is not 1-4, it's 5-12. Figure it out.

coachmac87
05-30-2008, 09:50 PM
huge assists numbers????? i fuckin asked for 8!!! he gets 6..

im not asking 20 and 11 like paul..

Holt's Cat
05-30-2008, 09:52 PM
huge assists numbers????? i fuckin asked for 8!!! he gets 6..

im not asking 20 and 11 like paul..

Talk to Pop about your infatuation with Parker's per game assist average.

coachmac87
05-30-2008, 09:54 PM
and to all people who say the spurs offense doesnt fit high assists numbers....

well other than 4 down...we run pick and roll and pop..when the spurs play their best we have high assists!!! fuck every team should have high assists.

coachmac87
05-30-2008, 09:55 PM
I hate fucking Spurs fans. Fuck you stupid motherfuckers.

The Spurs do not run an offense conducive to TP dominating the distribution of the ball and consequentially, racking up huge assist totals.

Fuck.

o and racking huge assists numbers will mean another thing....spurs solved their scoring problem.

because assists=points.

sorry im trying to get more points out of my team.....without blowing our whole MLE

coachmac87
05-30-2008, 09:57 PM
the assist. is the most unappreciated part of the game.

Holt's Cat
05-30-2008, 09:58 PM
and to all people who say the spurs offense doesnt fit high assists numbers....

well other than 4 down...we run pick and roll and pop..when the spurs play their best we have high assists!!! fuck every team should have high assists.

What Spurs point guard has had a high assist average playing with Tim Duncan?

greens
05-30-2008, 10:05 PM
TP is not a regular point guard. He does what Pop tells him to do. So you can't really compare him to Nash or Paul. The Spurs have a system of their own, they rely on certain players to do certain things. If Pop tells TP to take 20 shot attempts, he will do that.

Darthkiller
05-30-2008, 10:25 PM
wow damnit, you dont freaking trade your only rotation player under 30. Plus there is no other tradable pg out there that's even close to TP.

baseline bum
05-30-2008, 11:04 PM
Trade the best PG in the franchise's history early in his prime?

lefty
05-30-2008, 11:05 PM
Don't trade him !

But man, I'm sometimes fed up with some of his bonehead plays :bang

ChumpDumper
05-30-2008, 11:06 PM
spurfans are spoiled stupid.

rascal
05-30-2008, 11:09 PM
Is that supposed to be intelligible?

Its Friday night. Hes probably been drinking since after work.

Holt's Cat
05-30-2008, 11:11 PM
I hate these motherfuckers. I truly do. Time for a sabbatical.

1Parker1
05-30-2008, 11:14 PM
Unless they are offered Lebron James or Kobe Bryant for Parker or Ginobili, they aren't going anywhere.

Spurs fans need to STFU and realize that without Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, and Bowen Spurs wouldn't have even got out of the first round, let alone make the playoffs without any one of them.

SequSpur
05-30-2008, 11:16 PM
yeah, Tony Parker was pretty shitty also.

milkyway21
05-30-2008, 11:19 PM
wow damnit, you dont freaking trade your only rotation player under 30. Plus there is no other tradable pg out there that's even close to TP.
coming from a Phoenix Suns fan...thank you :tu

some didn't just realize how impt TP is to this team.
And how we mold him into what he is now.

Spur-Addict

Exactly, that's why they need Robertas Javtokas. He looks to be a poor mans Kenyon Martin in my opinion. Kenyon is an "A+" defender, that's a huge difference. I'd like to see him and Mahinmi share time. Does anyone know his overseas situation? I've heard that he just came off a big season in Russia. Info would be greatly appreciated.

:flag:

Kori Ellis
he didn't work on it from last year to this

Yes he did and he'll continue to do so. When you have horrible form, things take time.

But Tony Parker won't ever be at 9 apg point guard. The Spurs use him to his strength (which is logical) - scoring! He might average 25 and 7 at some point. But he's never going to just stand behind the arc and launch 3's and he's never going to be a pass first point guard. And I have no idea why anyone with any basketball sense would want him to be.

milkyway21
05-30-2008, 11:25 PM
I will be mad if Tony won't pass and can't score. But he's a big help on offense.

Tony is NOT the reason why we are not in the finals.

IMO, homecourt adv is. If we made it vs the Lakers* I don't even know if we have enough gas against the Celtics on the road again.

greens
05-30-2008, 11:31 PM
Yes he did and he'll continue to do so. When you have horrible form, things take time.

But Tony Parker won't ever be at 9 apg point guard. The Spurs use him to his strength (which is logical) - scoring! He might average 25 and 7 at some point. But he's never going to just stand behind the arc and launch 3's and he's never going to be a pass first point guard. And I have no idea why anyone with any basketball sense would want him to be.

Kori, it must be annoying to see "Trade Manu", "Trade Tony," and "Fire Pop" threads after the Spurs losses.

SpursFan0728
05-30-2008, 11:36 PM
fuck we ain't trading our big 3 , fucking get over it

lets see what we can get out in the Fa market or in drafts
then decide who to trade (not the big 3 tho)

ancestron
05-31-2008, 12:40 AM
Tony is getting too much good pussy. That will always make the toughest of men go soft. No pun intended.

coachmac87
05-31-2008, 12:41 AM
This Is Not A Trade Tony Parker Thread Fucking Idiots!!

T Park
05-31-2008, 12:48 AM
Wow, this didn't take long from one year ago :lol

Holt's Cat
05-31-2008, 12:52 AM
Naturally it was Tony's fault. It's funny how that always is the case. Manu scores like 3 points in games 1 and 2 and yet it's Tony who's at fault.

coachmac87
05-31-2008, 12:56 AM
Naturally it was Tony's fault. It's funny how that always is the case. Manu scores like 3 points in games 1 and 2 and yet it's Tony who's at fault.

im not saying its tony fuckin fault.....when did i say it was u piece of cat shit.

but people keep dreamin about free agents and shit...not gonna happen.

instead i try and give a realistic way to improve our team for years to come. not just next year......fuck next year im looking for the future.

T Park
05-31-2008, 12:58 AM
So your solution is for Tony Parker to improve his jumper.

Yeah that solution would go over well in the meeting on monday.

Genius :tu

coachmac87
05-31-2008, 01:00 AM
tony working on the 3ball is not alot to ask for.

and i would like to see him try and get easy buckets for teammates more often. ya he is supposed to attack and score. but he can get his whenever. but other teammates cant..

he is our pg...our floor general. play like one and get your teammates a rhythm

T Park
05-31-2008, 01:01 AM
*shakes head*

coachmac87
05-31-2008, 01:04 AM
i think its just a little weird...when he first came into the league he shot more 3's when he had no jumper...yet now he has a decent one..he wont even attempt one unless he has to

Beast
05-31-2008, 01:06 AM
People are blaming manu and pop. But what happened to the "Finals MVP"???

dontcha know anything! Pop does not want that at all!

Holt's Cat
05-31-2008, 01:09 AM
im not saying its tony fuckin fault.....when did i say it was u piece of cat shit.

but people keep dreamin about free agents and shit...not gonna happen.

instead i try and give a realistic way to improve our team for years to come. not just next year......fuck next year im looking for the future.

You just bitched about Tony's assist average. Nevermind that Tony has done exactly what Pop asked of him.

ancestron
05-31-2008, 01:12 AM
Tony just needs to keep improving his decision making and confidence.

The ongoing theme with Tony Parker.

Pop lets him shoot the three ball now, Tony's just not always confident in it.

Pop even said during the playoffs he thought he might have been screwing him up by giving him too many instructions.

I think next year Pop will loosen the reigns a bit more, as Parker will be a year more experienced.

I know how appealing the idea of Tony running the ball up the floor and dropping in three after three is, but that probably ain't gonna happen.

kace
05-31-2008, 02:11 AM
well, when i saw the thread, i was saying 'wow, it's back again. some parker hating, even after being arguably our best player in these PO, with tim".

but to be honest, i don't think it was the OP intention. he didn't mean "trade parker". and the answering posts may show that the parker hating is maybe something gone now.

my thoughts:

- Tony was tremendous in these PO. two years ago, anyone would kill to have him at this level and consistently.

- he scored well at a good % and was the only one to do that on our team in these PO.

- his defense was amazing. he was killed some times in the RS for his lazy defense and he deserved it. but he showed that when he's focused he's a good defender.

- his main skill is to score. he's the best at it and above all, it's what Pop is always asking him. He's anyway a good passer, but can't average 9 + apg in our game plan.

- his JS is really decent now. even if he has improved his game each year, i don't see him becoming ever a great catch and shoot or 3's shooter. if he keeps a reliable JS, it should be enough.

- Tony won't probably never be a real franchise player. Few players are able to do that (tim, KB, LBJ, CP3, KG ....). I think that we're blessed to have him at his actual level and he will probably improve again. Our big three is fine for 3, 4 years. but they will need some help in offense, probably more than by the recent past, in order to not waste these few good years, especially the Tim's ones.

mathbzh
05-31-2008, 03:37 AM
I agree that Tony would benefit of improving is 3s. But you act like it is something easy to become a 40+ %3P (it is not like if he could just wait in the corner for open 3s). He already made huge progress with his jumpshot. He clearly put a ton of work in this. If he improves that's fine, but if he doesn't I will not blame him.

mathbzh
05-31-2008, 03:38 AM
And, with an healthy manu, our BIG3 is great and match any "BIG3" in the league. We just need to improve the rest of the team.

greens
05-31-2008, 04:13 AM
And, with an healthy manu, our BIG3 is great and match any "BIG3" in the league. We just need to improve the rest of the team.

Yes, how about some role players, young ones for a change. Instead, we have a team filled with Matt Bonner, Vaughn, an aging Robert Horry, Finley, Barry, Damon, etc...

Where are the role players?

romain.star
05-31-2008, 08:07 AM

With an healthy manu, our BIG 3 is not far from being the greatest Big 3 ever

romain.star
05-31-2008, 08:13 AM
and yeah TP was possibly the best spur of these PO but against the Lakers, with an injured Manu, he didn't REALLY step up the way he did in the past when he almost won games by himself (1st round against the Suns, last year Finals, crucial games in the past against the Mavs or the Nets in 2003)

Harry Callahan
05-31-2008, 08:22 AM
Tony Parker is part of the solution, not the problem.

Is he as good as Chris Paul? No. Who is?

Parker was good enough on this team to beat Chris Paul's team, which was a heck of an accomplishment.

Next.

pjjrfan
05-31-2008, 08:49 AM
Tony's not the problem, we need a solid inside player who can score and rebound to help Tim and we need some quickness from our bench players. Thomas, Oberto and Horry all played weak and while Tim got some monster numbers none of those other guys did enough to take advantage of Tim's great play down low. Rebounds, second chance points and points in the paint killed us, and Manu's horrible play. Tony was not the problem.

diego
05-31-2008, 11:05 AM
and yeah TP was possibly the best spur of these PO but against the Lakers, with an injured Manu, he didn't REALLY step up the way he did in the past when he almost won games by himself (1st round against the Suns, last year Finals, crucial games in the past against the Mavs or the Nets in 2003)

this is pretty much how i felt- tony was great these playoffs, best or 2nd best player for the spurs, but i expected him to go off on the lakers and it just didnt happen. and the weird thing is is that every now and then he'd get in there and do his thing, then the following possesion he'd drive into the corner, or pull up for some J. thats one of the things i criticize pop and the coaches for, not finding a way to make room for tony and tim inside against the lakers despite them not having great defenders.

and for the love of god, the last thing this team needs is more 3pt shooting. there's already too many 3pt shooters on the roster and this team needs more inside scoring

greens
05-31-2008, 07:27 PM

You can say similar things about Tim. Timmy had some of his worst games vs the NO in that series. He did have a high fever, though. Similar to Manu having a bad ankle.

The point is no one is perfect.

Yet, when there is a loss, the blame is either on Manu or Tony. Never on Timmy because everyone knows no one would ever think of trading him. And because he's the main player.

pjjrfan
05-31-2008, 08:02 PM
I wouldn't trade Tony but he does have to make better decisions and adapt when the opposition takes things away from him. That's where the assists thing comes in. He dribbles the shot clock away a lot, and if Tony needs to work on something besides his shooting which is coming along great I think, it's his decision making after he gets to the 15 sec spot on the shot clock. He needs to know when to give it up and not just waltz around and turn the ball over or pick up his dribble with no out. But the fact is that Tony is a mismatch no matter who lines up against him, he just has to need to recognize how much more he can do with what he has, and one of those things is finding open guys when the 5 guys on the other team are chasing him around.

duncan228
05-31-2008, 08:12 PM
Yet, when there is a loss, the blame is either on Manu or Tony. Never on Timmy because everyone knows no one would ever think of trading him. And because his the main player.

Duncan has taken plenty of grief for losses on this board. In game blogs, in threads. He's been called soft, a pussy, it's been said he's rich, bored, and doesn't care anymore. I'm pretty sure there have been "trade him while he still has some value" threads. Duncan is the foundation of this team but he has taken his share of hits for losses on SpursTalk.

greens
05-31-2008, 08:17 PM
Duncan has taken plenty of grief for losses on this board. In game blogs, in threads. He's been called soft, a pussy, it's been said he's rich, bored, and doesn't care anymore. I'm pretty sure there have been "trade him while he still has some value" threads. Duncan is the foundation of this team but he has taken his share of hits for losses on SpursTalk.

Yeah, I know that Timmy gets a lot of blame from the media and such. But even after some of his worst games against NO, I didn't see a single "Trade Timmy" thread.

I did watch him get a ton of the blame when he was playing on two bum ankles in the 2005 Finals from the media.

I'm just saying that it seems on this particular forum, if there is a loss, it's usually either blamed on Tony or Manu. The both of them pretty much get the most flask on this forum.

Like I KNEW that if the Spurs lost to the Lakers in this series, there would be like three or four "Trade Manu" threads. And there are even more now, I think.

Either way, REAL Spurs fans do not demand to trade any of the core four players. That's distasteful.

Spurtacus
06-01-2008, 03:34 AM
I wouldn't trade Tony but he does have to make better decisions and adapt when the opposition takes things away from him. That's where the assists thing comes in. He dribbles the shot clock away a lot, and if Tony needs to work on something besides his shooting which is coming along great I think, it's his decision making after he gets to the 15 sec spot on the shot clock. He needs to know when to give it up and not just waltz around and turn the ball over or pick up his dribble with no out. But the fact is that Tony is a mismatch no matter who lines up against him, he just has to need to recognize how much more he can do with what he has, and one of those things is finding open guys when the 5 guys on the other team are chasing him around.

Agreed, but the open guys need to make shots when he dishes them the ball.

rascal
06-01-2008, 05:05 PM

No way. Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and James Worthy. Or Wilt Chamberlain, Jerry West and Elgin Baylor.

The Franchise
06-01-2008, 06:25 PM

No. Not just no Hell no!!!!!

ducks
06-08-2008, 12:04 AM

:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang :bang:bang

romain.star
06-08-2008, 06:57 AM
No. Not just no Hell no!!!!!

well... let me rephrase my sentence: our big 3 is one of the greatest big 3 ever. Is that ok with you now?

Brutalis
06-08-2008, 07:08 AM
TP+Bowen+2009 1st for LeBron? We have better odds teaching him how to hit a jumper.

Nah.. I like TP. He does his job.

MannyIsGod
06-08-2008, 07:13 AM
the assist. is the most unappreciated part of the game.

No shit, but its hard to get them when your teammates can't make fucking shots.

Man, fuck Spurs fans, I'm not reading anymore of this thread.

Spoiled fucking bitches.

stxspurs
06-08-2008, 08:51 AM

i agree...i said i didnt like this when we won the hornet series(living and dying by the 3) and everyone got on my case and shit......like i said it came back to bite us in the ass.

Marcus Bryant
06-08-2008, 08:53 AM
I guess this needs to be posted:

Tony Parker is not part of the problem.

baseline bum
06-08-2008, 11:58 AM
No way. Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and James Worthy. Or Wilt Chamberlain, Jerry West and Elgin Baylor.

OK, the first makes sense, but #2? Wilt/West/Baylor never won shit together. I'd take Bird/McHale/Parish over Wilt/West/Baylor any day.

baseline bum
06-08-2008, 12:02 PM
I'm still in shock at how many people forget what it was like to not have a backcourt that could put points up. Then again, everyone has also forgotten the days of Chucky Brown and Antonio Daniels guarding the Kobe's and TMac's of the league too.

Marcus Bryant
06-08-2008, 12:03 PM
I'm still in shock at how many people forget what it was like to not have a backcourt that could put points up. Then again, everyone has also forgotten the days of Chucky Brown and Antonio Daniels guarding the Kobe's and TMac's of the league too.

How many of these mofos were Spurs fans back then?

Spurtacus
06-08-2008, 04:10 PM
Parker needs to keep doing what he's doing. Three championships with him. I'm not going to complain. If you guys think Parker needs to pass the ball more, then we need to bring in athletic guys for him to pass to. Also, being able to knock down wide open shots would help too.

Nash - Stoudemire
Deron - Boozer
Paul - Chandler
Parker - ???

Marcus Bryant
06-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Parker - Mahinmi

50 cent
06-08-2008, 04:21 PM
this thread is 100x more retarded than my "trade Manu for the right piece" thread.