PDA

View Full Version : Thank you to the Spurs, staff, and all of SpursTalk.

Zero_Twilight
05-30-2008, 08:53 PM
Thank you San Antonio Spurs. The players, the coaching staff, personell, and owners of this wonderfull organization. I played basketball in my youth and life just went another way for me, ya know? You've rekindled my love of Basketball a few years ago because of the heart, dicipline, and morals that the team exhibits on and off the court. I remebered why I loved it in the first place, becase it's a team game, and that is what shines through the most about this team; teamwork. The league is full of riff raff and false bravado that it is so refreshing to see a team that represents what is "good" especially in this day in age where things are taking a turn for the worst. The real "good guys" of the NBA, defenders, regardless of that black jersey you guys wear when on the road ;). You guys are the classiest bunch on that hardwood, a team that a man can take his family to see for education and entertainment. I love you guys, from the bottom of my heart. You guys have a Canadian fan in me eh.

Tim Duncan - Congratulations on your new daughter. They call you "quiet" and "boring." When you play I can hear the thunder, and I can see the greatness. You are the King and the team is best when you take command. Not many people will recognize because you are on another level, but worry not my friend because I can "see." Those skills will translate into other areas of your life and you know this, I'm sure. You are on the right path. "Never let it rest."

Manu Ginobili - You have the heart of a Lion. Don't blame yourself for anything. The whole world can hear you roar and will cry with you if you feel regret, so don't fret. The battle is far from over and you know this more than anyone. Some players "act" as if they've figured you out(they even copy you) but they know nothing about starting from zero and from zero is where you will start again. Your heart is gold and the stars are in your favor.

Tony Parker - You have alot of things going for you Young Blood. I wish Eva didn't tell the media about you pretending to be hurt sometimes when you drive and dive into the paint because that was supposed to be between you and her. I know you told her this because a real man doesn't let his wife worry, too bad the media is so twisted that they don't see the hard hits that you really take; you're a tiger. Don't get too distracted with things outside of basketball because that circus will come and go. You were born to play ball and we still haven't seen your best. Go get em mon ami.

Robert Horry - You the man and I hope you know this. The whole world will ALWAYS remember you. Enjoy your retirement and don't go gambling your money away. Use it to come watch the Spurs play beside David Robinson. I'm glad you chose the Spurs and I have no idea why your name isn't in the credits to the "Lord of the Rings." Enjoy life to the fullest.

Bruce Bowen - Bruce, you are the best. The reason why the league doesn't give you credit for your defensive prowess is because they are still behind the times. When it comes to man to man defense, you are a pioneer. Many guys come into the league wanting to be a hero by scoring buckets, or with flashy dunks. Soon they will know there are other ways my friend. Keep doing what you are doing, and do it to the fullest. Watching you defend is often much better than watching the other teams offense.

Fabricio Oberto - They say that you have an "ugly" style of play. To me, you have the biggest heart on this team. NOBODY likes to help this team on the court more than you do, and I tell this to all my friends. You are important to this team wether the stat sheet shows it or not. Thank you for watching Manu's back, you are a true friend and I hope you stay with this team.

Brent Barry - Brent, you have great knowledge of the game of basketball. You are capable of so much more that I sometimes wish you would speak out and take command sometimes. So much so that I can see you becoming a coach one day. You are a huge part of this team, and what would H.E.B. be without you?

Michael Finley - I love you man. You were a missing piece to the Spurs's puzzle. You're toughness and willingness to "goto work" don't go unnoticed. I hope you finish your career in San Antonio and don't retire too soon. I know you still have some bullets in that gun, matter of fact - dunk that ball for me once more, and head butt the ball (just don't injure yourself). Your shooting stroke is one of my favorites to watch,trust your shot. Stay classy.

Jaque Vaughn - Thanks for all your hustle and energy. You honestly do not get the credit that you rightly deserve. When you smile, it makes me happy knowing that you are happy becase you are with a team that you like to be a part of. If I were part of this team, I'd be smiling a whole lot too. Take care and make sure to tell your grandkids stories about Timmy and the Spurs when you show them that ring.

Matt Bonner - You'll get your chance man, be patient. Work on that 3 ball untill you can do it in your sleep. No more pull-up jumpers. Learn about the "little things" from Horry and you'll be gettin more minutes in no time. The RedRocket will take off, oh yes, it will... blast off.

Ime Udoka - Af-Ri-Can WARRIOR! You are another piece to the Spurs's puzzle and you fit so perfectly. You can and will help this team to the top. Don't back down from nobody because this team needs a warrior like you.

Kurt Thomas - Welcome to the family buddy. I hope you stick around because I can tell that this team loves and respects you. I love when you hit those baseline 18-footers. You're one tough dude and I want to see you get that ring with this team.

Greg Popovich - You are my favorite coach for many reasons but mostly because you remind me of a coach I used to have. I used to think he was mean, and an asshole. However, when I grew up and matured...I realized many of his lessons served as many of my fundamentals in life. A real mentor will show "tough love." Like a father. You've been pretty soft this year though. I think it's time to yell, and cuss, and spit a little more come the next training camp. Take em to Russia for training camp or something. When I see the Spurs, I think of them as "Top Gun." I'm sure that's due to your Air Force backround. Thank you for that. Defenders of all that is true and good. I salute you.

Thanks to all the staff, the owners, David Robinson, Shawn Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_, and the city of San Antonion and SpursTalk(which I've lurked forever). Even Charles Barkley. I know you chose to speak against the Spurs because somehow the team you approved of; LOST! The reverse psychology didn't work this time buddy. I know you got the Spurs's back and business is business. GIIIINOOOOOOBILIIIIIII!

On May 25th 2008 at 8am my daughter was born, and I asked silently in my heart for you guys to play your asses off for this wonderous occasion and boy did you guys come through. THANK YOU from my Wife and me and my new baby daughter who has a tiny Ginobili jersey coming in the mail very soon. It was a team effort this day and will remember it always. I will show it to my daughter when she is older.

Now, I am sad to say that I will never watch an NBA game again due to the shenanigans I've seen this team go through. I know the Spurs will not resort to excuses but somebody has to say it. For a couple years now, I've noticed the unfairness and un-justified actions being directed toward the Spurs. By the media, by the referees, and by the league. The NBA claims to "Care' with thier slogans and advertisements but how many players actually "care" about the kids and the communitty? How many of these players put on the fake smiles for the camera and have a picture of themselves snapped while passing boxed food to flood victims? and you clearly see on thier faces that they can't wait to get out of there. Then you have an honest and sincere, hard-working guy like Bruce Bowen, whos shown up to every game, helps his community's kids and then get suspended for an action he didn't commit. Slow motion videos of this incident can validate this claim. Thus ending his streak for succesive games in a row. Now that is complete and utter bullshit. Pardon my french. How about the no-calls from the refs when Timmy is getting beaten up by 2, sometimes 3 defenders? How about the term Flopper being thrown around when guys like Manu and TOny are getting hammered and still no call?(I guess Manu is too good of a free throw shooter, eh?) How about the ticky tack fouls being called to stop the momentum of a transition play? Being a student of the game, I know how much momentum is a HUGE part of the offense. Take that away, and they are forced to make something happen in the half-court which is 10-times harder when the defense is set. How about that "magic ball" or the "magic lid on the rim?" It must be frustrating to know you can hit those shots in your sleep but when it comes to game time, they somehow can't buy a bucket(ask Utah). Sometimes you miss, that's life, but sometimes you can just feel that it ain't right. You know?

So who wants to watch a game where the powers that be are constantly trying to manipulate the outcome? Not me, but maybe I'm a minority. A conspiracy is something that bears no facts, but one needs to look no further than the Boston blockbuster trade, and that iffy aquisition of Gasol that the Lakers made to see that the NBA wanted this from the very start. A team with heart and soul like the Spurs(and others), are robbed because of the media's need to re-live old classic matchups. This should have been a new chapter of history, a new era of the Texas triangle but the book was shut closed because some lost thier way, and decided to worship the all mighty dollar. If you've read this far, I thank you for your time. I can go on about this forever, but I'll stop here. I believe I made my point.

To the Spurs, I'm sorry if I offended you guys in any way. I just couldn't stand to stay quiet. I love you guys and I know you will continue to fight. I wish you all happyness and remember, it's just a game. So go enjoy life to the fullest. Eat, drink, be Merry, play some video games, smoke a little herb, go surfing, jam on a guitar, make babies, and play hard. You guys are the best thing to happen to the NBA. Thanks for the awesome memories.

From Canada, your friend Zero.

oligarchy
05-30-2008, 09:12 PM
I'd add about three more paragraphs.

Spaceman Spiff
05-30-2008, 09:12 PM
Epic first post!!!

05-30-2008, 09:26 PM
To all the fan of the spurs you rock see you in october of this year.May you return to the big dance.Just keep practice on your free throw and robert horry i still a big fan of yours.:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:Go get that :lobt2: away from that team.See you in couple of months,spurs.
To the city of san antonio you are the best city.Spurs fans,you are the best.Everybody in texas was rooting for the spurs like houston,corpus christi.We will continue support the men in the black and silver jersey.:flag:No matter what.
:flag cheer:cheer.......

cnyc3
05-30-2008, 09:49 PM
Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_

cnyc3
05-30-2008, 09:49 PM
sweet

Zero_Twilight
06-01-2008, 06:46 AM
Hey mods, how did that "Luck_The_Fakers" stuff get into my post? I didn't put it there.

FlAVaK
06-01-2008, 07:04 AM
Hey mods, how did that "Luck_The_Fakers" stuff get into my post? I didn't put it there.
You even misspelled his first name :lmao
It`s "Sean" not "Shawn" :lol
And E-L-L-I-O-T-T :rolleyes

But, great post!

mrspurs
06-01-2008, 08:06 AM
everything but.........no thanks you, to the staff....this was the worst staff we have had under the duncan era....remember these are the guys who dumped beno, replaced him with mighty mouse....traded our only 7foot center(which i might add woulda out played kurt thomas, only cos the trade was at the end of the season and he had no clue of team ball) elson....traded our only other 7footer rasho for bonner..once again what good did bonner do all season...none...rasho coulda helped duncan like elson did..during previous Championship seasons....the Shaq a snaq trade killed more then one team...it killed everyteam that thought the suns were gonna represent the west and teams scrambled like crazy to figure out a way to beat the suns....dumbest moves the staff has made in some yrs....oh well go spurs go

Slomo
06-01-2008, 12:10 PM

You mispelled Elliott. That's what happens when you do. It's an automatic thing.

Zero_Twilight
06-01-2008, 07:47 PM
You even misspelled his first name :lmao
It`s "Sean" not "Shawn" :lol
And E-L-L-I-O-T-T :rolleyes

But, great post!

Oh, so that's what it was. I see. Thanks.

FlavoredIcecream
06-01-2008, 07:50 PM
lulz :lol

Zero_Twilight
06-01-2008, 07:59 PM
everything but.........no thanks you, to the staff....this was the worst staff we have had under the duncan era....remember these are the guys who dumped beno, replaced him with mighty mouse....traded our only 7foot center(which i might add woulda out played kurt thomas, only cos the trade was at the end of the season and he had no clue of team ball) elson....traded our only other 7footer rasho for bonner..once again what good did bonner do all season...none...rasho coulda helped duncan like elson did..during previous Championship seasons....the Shaq a snaq trade killed more then one team...it killed everyteam that thought the suns were gonna represent the west and teams scrambled like crazy to figure out a way to beat the suns....dumbest moves the staff has made in some yrs....oh well go spurs go

They didn't trade beacuse of Shaq. No teams did.

So you think we would have beaten Phoenix with Elson? Or Elson would have been able to get down and dirty with David West? I liked Elson but he seemed to lack confidence at times, and sometimes lacked competence moving without the ball.

I miss having Rasho around too but he was getting too much money for the effort he put out on the court. Regardless, it's all in the past.

Shank
06-01-2008, 09:38 PM
Tin-foil-hat-wearing Canadian quitter.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-01-2008, 10:20 PM
I really have to praise this poster. Man, I just realized this was in here, hadn't read it before. This guy just speaks the truth, no more, no less. It needs a frame.

It's funny seeing the narrow-minded making fun of him.

Shank
06-02-2008, 07:59 AM
Now, I am sad to say that I will never watch an NBA game again due to the shenanigans I've seen this team go through. I know the Spurs will not resort to excuses but somebody has to say it. For a couple years now, I've noticed the unfairness and un-justified actions being directed toward the Spurs. By the media, by the referees, and by the league. The NBA claims to "Care' with thier slogans and advertisements but how many players actually "care" about the kids and the communitty? How many of these players put on the fake smiles for the camera and have a picture of themselves snapped while passing boxed food to flood victims? and you clearly see on thier faces that they can't wait to get out of there. Then you have an honest and sincere, hard-working guy like Bruce Bowen, whos shown up to every game, helps his community's kids and then get suspended for an action he didn't commit. Slow motion videos of this incident can validate this claim. Thus ending his streak for succesive games in a row. Now that is complete and utter bullshit. Pardon my french. How about the no-calls from the refs when Timmy is getting beaten up by 2, sometimes 3 defenders? How about the term Flopper being thrown around when guys like Manu and TOny are getting hammered and still no call?(I guess Manu is too good of a free throw shooter, eh?) How about the ticky tack fouls being called to stop the momentum of a transition play? Being a student of the game, I know how much momentum is a HUGE part of the offense. Take that away, and they are forced to make something happen in the half-court which is 10-times harder when the defense is set. How about that "magic ball" or the "magic lid on the rim?" It must be frustrating to know you can hit those shots in your sleep but when it comes to game time, they somehow can't buy a bucket(ask Utah). Sometimes you miss, that's life, but sometimes you can just feel that it ain't right. You know?

So who wants to watch a game where the powers that be are constantly trying to manipulate the outcome? Not me, but maybe I'm a minority. A conspiracy is something that bears no facts, but one needs to look no further than the Boston blockbuster trade, and that iffy aquisition of Gasol that the Lakers made to see that the NBA wanted this from the very start. A team with heart and soul like the Spurs(and others), are robbed because of the media's need to re-live old classic matchups. This should have been a new chapter of history, a new era of the Texas triangle but the book was shut closed because some lost thier way, and decided to worship the all mighty dollar. If you've read this far, I thank you for your time. I can go on about this forever, but I'll stop here. I believe I made my point.

These two paragraphs alone should tell you that the guy is an idiot. I don't know that I've ever read more crackpot bullshit in my life.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-02-2008, 08:15 AM
Thank you San Antonio Spurs. The players, the coaching staff, personel, and owners of this wonderful organization. I played basketball in my youth and life just went another way for me, ya know? You've rekindled my love of Basketball a few years ago because of the heart, discipline, and morals that the team exhibits on and off the court. I remembered why I loved it in the first place, because it's a team game, and that is what shines through the most about this team; teamwork. The league is full of riff raff and false bravado that it is so refreshing to see a team that represents what is "good" especially in this day in age where things are taking a turn for the worst. The real "good guys" of the NBA, defenders, regardless of that black jersey you guys wear when on the road . You guys are the classiest bunch on that hardwood, a team that a man can take his family to see for education and entertainment. I love you guys, from the bottom of my heart. You guys have a Canadian fan in me eh.

Bravo!

TheManFromAcme
06-02-2008, 09:19 AM
Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_

<<<<< SEE AVATAR. PRETTY MUCH SAYS IT ALL I BELIEVE.