PDA

View Full Version : A message to true Spurs fan (from a REAL Laker fan)

GenuineLakerfan
05-30-2008, 09:47 PM
This is a message from a real Laker fan, a fan that's been following the game many years, not just since the Gasol trade. I didn't know where to post it, so I hope it's ok that I'm posting it here.

I just wanted to congratulate your Spurs for such an amazing run at the NBA title since 1999. Alot of Laker fans are talking trash and disregarding you, but I know better than that. Your team has been giving me heart-attacks since the 4-0 sweep in 99'.

Every single time I know we are facing the Spurs I lose sleep, I get nervous, and I cringe when the games about to begin because I know how damn consistant your Spurs are and have been for nearly a decade now.

So all I really wanted to say is I hope you guys aren't too down about the series loss, we as Laker fans have been dealing with that 'rebuilding' phase for many years now so it's an honor to be back at this level for the fans that stuck by this team throughout the harshest of times.

So here's to a few more heart attacks in the next few years with the Lakers V Spurs, see you guys then.

oligarchy
05-30-2008, 09:51 PM
They don't need to rebuild, just retool. But :toast

GenuineLakerfan
05-30-2008, 09:54 PM
I don't think they need to take the whole team apart, but they definitley need alot of new peices. But ultimately, to me Lakers V Spurs is what playoffs basketball is all about.

It's what kentucky is to chicken

Pablo Escobar
05-30-2008, 09:58 PM
from a real spurs fan to a real lakers fan FUCK YOU that is all

E20
05-30-2008, 10:09 PM
GeuninieLakerFan, Spurs have some pretty brash fans, so please take what some say lightly. Good luck to your team!

GenuineLakerfan
05-30-2008, 10:11 PM
GeuninieLakerFan, Spurs have some pretty brash fans, so please take what some say lightly. Good luck to your team!

No worries, It's just a part of the game

Biggems
05-30-2008, 10:12 PM
I hate the Lakers with a passion....more now with Jackson and Kobe, than during the 80s.....and i definitely hated them back then. I do however, have a lot of respect for the Lakers organization.....they are almost always in the thick of things. Now, I know much of it has to do with them being in LA, the Hollywood factor, the big market, and an owner who will spend money like mad to have a winner.......but it is more than that. West and Kupchak have been able to find quality components and fit them in to have success. Even when the franchise was in Minnesota, they were successful....and at that time, it was a small market.

While I hate the Lakers.....I cannot root for Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett. Allen is such a cry baby bitch. Garnett is a punk and has been nothing but a disrespectful ass to Duncan. Garnett has never been clutch, yet gatorade gives him the spot in the clutch commercial.....ridiculous.

I wish Detroit would make it, but it wont happen. So I will be rooting for the Lakers to beat the Celtics. I wont watch any of the games.....cause i cant stand either team.

GO SPURS GO

NewJerSpur
05-30-2008, 10:17 PM
I can't honestly say that I won't be rooting for the Lakers to fall flat on their faces regardless of who they face, especially being that Kobe threw the same teammates under the "Buss" (Jerry) that he led to the Finals prior to the start of the season before Bynum shaped up to HIS liking (the same guy he wanted to trade for Jason Kidd) and Gasol came to town. His two-faced antics aren't worthy of any kind of respect or adoration even if his abilities are.

That said, Lakers were the better team this time around and as such took it to the Spurs from game 1. I look forward to the renewed rivalry.

SequSpur
05-30-2008, 10:55 PM
whatever.

NewJerSpur
05-30-2008, 11:29 PM
Duncan pulled a Kobe in his own silent humble way at the press conference. "Obviouly we need to add some pieces to this team." I wouldnt be surprised if the Spurs are already on the phones.

Duncan has made many sacrifices for the Spurs and has brought the team much success, including anchoring all of it's championship teams...he can suggest whatever he wants and it's not like he wasn't speaking what was already on everyone else mind from a Spur's perspective.

Kobe on the other hand threw a hissy fit when he thought he was going to have to go into the season with basically the team he has now (replacing Bynum with Gasol at this point). He tossed everyone in the organization (besides Phil) under the Buss and essentially gave up on his teammates before the year even began. That's a FAR cry from Tim Duncan's comments.

Pablo Escobar
05-30-2008, 11:35 PM
Duncan pulled a Kobe in his own silent humble way at the press conference. "Obviouly we need to add some pieces to this team." I wouldnt be surprised if the Spurs are already on the phones.

i dont think he meant it in a bad way
and even if he did its about time tim said something about it

greens
05-30-2008, 11:38 PM
I think every year, whether the Spurs win or lose, the Spurs add new pieces to the core four. So that's what Timmy was talking about. Pop mentioned that too in an article, about adding a few pieces there and there.

Man of Steel
05-30-2008, 11:42 PM
Rooting for LA

I will NEVER root for a team that has Ray Allen! Never

duncan228
05-30-2008, 11:44 PM
What Duncan said:

Obviously we're going to have to add some pieces to our team, a couple of tweaks here and there, but I love what we had this year...

The Postgame press conference:

http://broadband.nba.com/cc/playa.php?content=video&url=http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/nba/nbacom/press_conf/pc08_duncan_p315_saslal_080529.asx&video=blank&nbasite=nba

pawe
05-30-2008, 11:57 PM
Id rather not root for any team at all this year for the finals. That's enough basketball for me, posting here on spurstalk about basketball stuff is a different story though.

angelbelow
05-31-2008, 12:08 AM
thank you for the kind words.

Pucho!!!
05-31-2008, 01:05 AM

The truth of the matter is that kobe and duncan have no comparison when it comes to the health of their teams. Duncan, like sumone has already stated, has done a myriad amount of things to help the spurs continue success such as takin a pay cut to sign better talent. Last time I checked, Shaq left LA because they didnt have enough cap space to sign him for what he wanted coincidently Kobe received a huge payday not too long before that meeting the execs and Shaq, so basically Kobe has done nothing but be a detrement to his team and himself (dont forget he did go on trial for allegedally rapping sumone). So, please never again place them into the same sentence unless your referring to duncans championships and integrity and kobe's bitchassness!!!!!!!!!!

Beast
05-31-2008, 01:16 AM

YOU WISH!! KEEP DREAMING! you cant even say the names timmy and kobe in the same sentence!

odogg726
05-31-2008, 01:22 AM
A lot of people this past week started getting really comfortable calling the Spurs an old team, but if you really look at it, none of the key pieces are really that old. Tony and Manu are both still in their 20's, and Tim Duncan doesn't really play an athletic game(compared to Amare or D-Howard), so even when he starts getting old, the difference in his game won't be too drastic.

For the most part, the only old unathletic players are on the bench, with the exception of Finley. The Spurs have always attracted interest in the free agent market. Combine that with one of the best front offices in sports, and I'm sure you guys will be back in the WCF in no time.

mrspurs
05-31-2008, 08:09 AM
maybe this upcoming off season....our head office wont make any bonehead moves like they did this past season....waiting until the end to get kurt thomas and letting a first round pick go( bonehead move) letting go of our only young backup point guard beno, and replacing him with mighty mouse(big bonehead move)...way togo pop and holt...bonehead moves of the yr.....go spurs go

Harry Callahan
05-31-2008, 08:14 AM

Kobe went on an ESPN radio show (to draw attential to himself since his team was eliminated already) and said he wanted to be traded from the Lakers. He also made some harsh remarks about Bynum not being worthy as a teammate.

That is a far cry from saying we need to add pieces to the team and get better. Tim doesn't really like to talk to the media anyway, so he doesn't give them very much. He really didn't go Kobe on anyone.

Harry Callahan
05-31-2008, 08:17 AM
A lot of people this past week started getting really comfortable calling the Spurs an old team, but if you really look at it, none of the key pieces are really that old. Tony and Manu are both still in their 20's, and Tim Duncan doesn't really play an athletic game(compared to Amare or D-Howard), so even when he starts getting old, the difference in his game won't be too drastic.

For the most part, the only old unathletic players are on the bench, with the exception of Finley. The Spurs have always attracted interest in the free agent market. Combine that with one of the best front offices in sports, and I'm sure you guys will be back in the WCF in no time.

Athletes are needed here. That's why those big leads built through executing the offense in the last series evaporated. The Spurs did not have enough athletes to create their own shots as the defense tightened up.