PDA

View Full Version : How was the first day back to work after the lost

carib
05-30-2008, 09:52 PM
I am the Biggest Spurs fan at my company, and the biggest in the Bahamas and it was not an easy one at work for me after the lost.

ChumpDumper
05-30-2008, 09:54 PM
It was fine. I only have a couple of days to kill before planning my summer league trip.

Pablo Escobar
05-30-2008, 09:57 PM
sucked

mikekim
05-30-2008, 10:39 PM
Man, I really thought it was no big deal this time...

but I was so out of it. I came home on a Friday and napped for a couple hours to shut out the pain. Well, the real reason was that I felt unusually tired today, but I think that was my mind and body subconsciously mourning the Spurs loss.

greens
05-30-2008, 10:46 PM
My brother is a big Lakers/Kobe fan. We live in LA. So I got a ton of comments from him. And on tv, it's all about Kobe. So I just try to stay away from the sports channels.

MagnusKrauss
05-30-2008, 10:54 PM
i'm dreading it.

everybody in my office all takes sides against the spurs.

(btw, after the spurs lost i just practiced playing my guitar at home. went to a movie..i'm still too pissed to even talk to my cousins)

lefty
05-30-2008, 10:56 PM
I could actually focus on my work, since I didn't have to worry about Finley and Oberto playing the next game.

1Parker1
05-30-2008, 10:58 PM
Sucked. I had to hear everyone's laughter and pity :(

Honest story, I woke up this morning, felt too depressed to get out of bed, called the office and said I'd be in a little and ended up going into work 2 hours late, around 10. :lol

Which just made me feel a little pathetic, but I think I was just looking for an excuse to sleep in :)

Deb
05-30-2008, 11:00 PM
All Spurs fans at work, so we mourned together and felt a lot better by the afternoon. We were talking next year finals by that time.

dav4463
05-30-2008, 11:04 PM
Most people I talked to said the Spurs played well, just fell a little short.

mikeanthony21
05-30-2008, 11:07 PM
Most people I talked to said the Spurs played well, just fell a little short.

The gal in the cubicle across the way from me had her space festooned with purple and gold balloons.

I popped them all. :lol

lefty
05-30-2008, 11:09 PM
The gal in the cubicle across the way from me had her space festooned with purple and gold balloons.

:lol

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
Sucked. I had to hear everyone's laughter and pity :(

Honest story, I woke up this morning, felt too depressed to get out of bed, called the office and said I'd be in a little and ended up going into work 2 hours late, around 10. :lol

Which just made me feel a little pathetic, but I think I was just looking for an excuse to sleep in :)
:lol Same here. I was bummed out when going to sleep.

I ended up sleeping in and missed classes.
I think I was avoiding the "water cooler" talk of the Lakers, since everyone is a Laker fan round these parts.

Basically I was bummed out, because I set myself up for disappointment. I was too invested this year's potential championship! because it was so ideal this year.

lilmads
I am the Biggest Spurs fan at my company, and the biggest in the Bahamas and it was not an easy one at work for me after the lost.

What part of the Bahamas do you live in? My sister lives there, too and loves the spurs!

cash459
05-30-2008, 11:23 PM

:lmao

SpursFan0728
05-30-2008, 11:30 PM
just went to HMV to get Spurs Championship DVD

NewJerSpur
05-30-2008, 11:33 PM
I took this loss better than 2006 but I still got playful grief from people at my job. I just pray for a swift end to the Laker talk.

Rogbok
05-30-2008, 11:37 PM
I dunno, I took the day off because I was sick.

NASpurs
05-30-2008, 11:39 PM
It was great actually. We talked about why they lost, no grief, "there's always next season", "how 'bout those Cowboys" and moved on. :lol

michaelwcho
05-30-2008, 11:39 PM

I have to make a confession: I didn't watch game 5. I thought they were going to lose, and I just didn't want to go to a sports bar (I dont have TV) and listen to a bunch of bandwagoners hoot and holla while my beloved Spurs bit the dust. If they won, then I would go and watch 6. I amused myself at home and purposely didn't check on the score, because if I did I would probably have to jump in the car and watch after I got pumped up!

To me, beating New Orleans was borderline heroic. I was satisfied, and anything they could do in LA, with the odds stacked so high against them, was gravy.

I love this team and how they fight for everything they get. I'll be glad to be back in the thick of it next year. Hopefully they can get a couple more pieces to take a load off the tired, but still broad shoulders of D-P-G.

spurscenter
05-30-2008, 11:48 PM
my barber is a Laker fan, he was talking smack while cutting my hair

i had to stay quiet and let him talk

pawe
05-30-2008, 11:56 PM
It was so hard to sleep after an emotional loss like that.This was more emotional for me coz they had a very very good chance of repeating and repeating means a lock for the distinction of the best team of the decade.

People here at work didnt help too because since im here at AZ, most of the people I work with are Sunfans and are heckling me all day about the Spurs bowing out in the playoffs. I just didnt have the energy to fire back, I didnt even felt like holding up the "4" sign. With all that, I still love the Spurs and will still be rooting for them for years to come! FIRE POP! J/K

E20
05-30-2008, 11:58 PM
I'm actually feeling not that bad, in the morning I was really bummed, but I'm just trying to focus at what's ahead for the Spurs, makes it feel better. 2006 and 2004 were worse, it took me several days to get back to normal. LOL

pawe
05-30-2008, 11:58 PM
my barber is a Laker fan, he was talking smack while cutting my hair

i had to stay quiet and let him talk

wise decision my friend :lol

florige
05-31-2008, 12:16 AM
i'm dreading it.

everybody in my office all takes sides against the spurs.

(btw, after the spurs lost i just practiced playing my guitar at home. went to a movie..i'm still too pissed to even talk to my cousins)

Don't worry, thats how it is everywhere here with me.

pjjrfan
05-31-2008, 12:19 AM
I called in, I haven't missed since the X-mas holidays, so I figured I deserved to spend the day away from work and ponder the meaning of the Spurs loss.

Holt's Cat
05-31-2008, 12:20 AM
I don't hire Laker fans.

bigfundamental21
05-31-2008, 10:30 AM
Being back at work was hard for me. Everyone knows what a huge Spurs fan I am because I wear my team pride on my sleeve. So some people were saying, sorry about the Spurs and stuff, and then there were the Laker fans who were rubbing it in my face. It sucked. I got tired of even talking about it and found myself getting angry anytime anyone brought it up. It sucks!

carib
05-31-2008, 11:12 AM

:toast:toast:toast Thats what I am talking about, you should put up some silver and black ones on Monday. LOL

carib
05-31-2008, 11:13 AM
What part of the Bahamas do you live in? My sister lives there, too and loves the spurs!

Freeport, does she work out here also

703 Spurz
05-31-2008, 12:05 PM

Well I live in VA so no one around here gave a damn really. Me personally, life goes on. We'll be back to fight another day

phxspurfan
05-31-2008, 12:24 PM
I caught a lot of crap in Phoenix about my Spurs, but that's ok. They don't even have a coach right now...

suu
06-01-2008, 01:12 AM
My brother is a big Lakers/Kobe fan. We live in LA. So I got a ton of comments from him. And on tv, it's all about Kobe. So I just try to stay away from the sports channels.

u r really GREAT then...

I even can't stand it in CN since 30% of NBA fans I know loves Kobe...

and about the first day...here is Saturday so I didn't wake up until 7...pm...:downspin:

maybe I've got too tired those days.

mrspurs
06-01-2008, 08:27 AM
im retired...and the fishing is always great...win or lose....no nba team will mess with my fishing, not even the team i help put the court together for..i was kinda happy the season ended...i was getting tired of watching our spurs get alley-ooped on...miss easy shots..blow large leads...no thanks.....until next season....go spurs go

Magic_Johnson
06-01-2008, 09:21 AM
The game was at 3 am, i didn't sleep and i was pissed all day at work

Emanuel20
06-01-2008, 11:10 AM
Lol, the first day back to work sucked. I went to bed at 2 a.m. and could not sleep so around 6 a.m. I was tired of just sitting around and went to work.

During the day, I worked my ass off, just not to think about the game. It was a rough day because 90% of my coworkers and the city of Atlanta love the Lakers and my coworkers and friends were rubbing it in all day long.

I was in shock that Spurs lost for the whole day and frankly still could not believe it, however every time I went somewhere I was reminded because people were like “did you see Kobe and how he killed the spurs." I really wanted to punch someone but I restrained myself.

Now go spurs go!!!
We better bring it home next year!

tlongII
06-01-2008, 11:17 AM
I haven't been back to work yet, but I don't expect any problems.