PDA

View Full Version : Why all the trading threads?

greens
05-30-2008, 11:55 PM
Didn't the Spurs just win a championship in 2007?

So why are there "trade tony", "trade manu", "fire pop," threads? What's the point of that?

These are the people who helped win championships for the Spurs.

Sign in if you are a real Spurs fan who doesn't demand a major trade after every Spurs loss.

bigdog
05-31-2008, 12:43 AM
Yes, we won the championship last year, but the West was nowhere near as tough as it is now. Teams are younger, faster, and they have more energy than us. Us Spurs fans have to face the fact that we are old as hell and need to get younger.

We don't necessarily need to make a huge trade, just make smaller moves that will benefit our bench, and help with the age factor. We already have 3 stars, and unfortunately 2 of them are over 30, but Duncan won't go anywhere. He'll retire as a Spur. Now, I can see why Manu would be traded.

People want Manu traded because he's inconsistent. I know this was arguably his best season here, but even without the injuries, he isn't exactly a 20 point scorer every night. He can go from having a 40 point game, to a 7 point game. He's a turnover machine and that's probably why people would want him to be traded, along with the fact that he's over 30 and we shouldn't spend money on a 30 year old that can be inconsistent at times.

Beast
05-31-2008, 01:10 AM
Didn't the Spurs just win a championship in 2007?

So why are there "trade tony", "trade manu", "fire pop," threads? What's the point of that?

These are the people who helped win championships for the Spurs.

Sign in if you are a real Spurs fan who doesn't demand a major trade after every Spurs loss.

Hey Greens! THESE PEOPLE are idiots! they should all move to dallas and be a mavs fan! you dont deserve to be a Spurs fan with disgraceful thoughts of trading manu or blaming Pop. next thing you know, you'll be BOOING the spurs off their own court at home games, just like mav fans! bandwagon fans, please jump off and go away! Pop and Manu are not to blame! go spurs go!

greens
05-31-2008, 01:20 AM
After every Spurs loss, it's "they are too old...trade Manu...trade Tony...fire Pop." Some people just can't appreciate the championships. They are too greedy.

yaicu2
05-31-2008, 02:16 AM
:flag:No shit fellas. Leave our big 3 alone. They need a better supporting cast of the bench. Guys we lost, for a number of reasons. Manu was hurt, leave him the fuck alone. Parker wasn't producing after phoenix series, and Duncan was Duncan, but with not much help. Those guys did everything they could, and if they didn't it's because they where hurt, or just off. It happens. Repeating championships in this modern day and era, is almost next to impossible.

We've had 4 championships, all with pretty much the same core, except our bench is always chainging, and then we come back and win another. Expect that to happen this coming year. I'm sure we'll get a great free agent, or at least I hope next year, and guess what it's an odd numbered year, and considering our track record we'll be due for a championship by next year. Enjoy, your summer off, and get ready for some foozeball, oh wait yeah football.

Spurs will be back, and you can take that shit to the bank. In the meantime, Stern and his dream matchup can go fuck themselves, and they should enjoy it while they can, because as I said before Spurs will be back to fuck all that shit up next year.

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Thomas
05-31-2008, 02:39 AM
Duncan just needs an athletic center besides him like David, a twintowerbrother, together rule the boards, rebounding, blocking under the basket.
they must hold their big 3 + Bowen + Barry...
They have to add some younger players.

mrspurs
05-31-2008, 07:55 AM
someone said it....teams in the nba are better,faster and young....right now id take gasol over duncan...not cos i like gasol and hate duncan...but becos gasol still has a shot, something duncan has lost....i wouldnt trade duncan thou...duncan would find his shot and some youth in his legs if......he had someone next to him that wasnt a choke artist....choking is very contagious....try playing next to someone like fab all season long...choke after choke, sooner or later it will get to you....go spurs go

m33p0
05-31-2008, 07:57 AM
typical "doom and gloom" reaction. :lol

m33p0
05-31-2008, 07:58 AM
someone said it....teams in the nba are better,faster and young....right now id take gasol over duncan...not cos i like gasol and hate duncan...but becos gasol still has a shot, something duncan has lost....i wouldnt trade duncan thou...duncan would find his shot and some youth in his legs if......he had someone next to him that wasnt a choke artist....choking is very contagious....try playing next to someone like fab all season long...choke after choke, sooner or later it will get to you....go spurs go
did you say this or are you just paraphrasing somebody?

fishrap
05-31-2008, 08:02 AM
Manu would be the logical "odd man out" but how do you trade the heart of the team. I say leave them intact and man(u) up for another extremely competitive season in the West.

MagnusKrauss
05-31-2008, 08:15 AM
trade threads are inevitable.

of course, we'd have to be talking about trading people we could do without.

trading away any of the big four would be stupid.

InK
05-31-2008, 08:28 AM
Cause ppl are stupid.

porscha
05-31-2008, 10:17 AM
wondering how hurt must be when manu or tony sees these trade trash from our own spurs fan!!!

win or loose I love my spurs.

win or loose manu is my mvp forever

greens
05-31-2008, 07:25 PM
wondering how hurt must be when manu or tony sees these trade trash from our own spurs fan!!!

win or loose I love my spurs.

win or loose manu is my mvp forever

That's exactly why I think all trade threads that have to do with the core four players need to be locked. It's disrespectful to see such threads. I like how people easily forget all the good things and focus on the bad things.