PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Lady!

angel_luv
05-31-2008, 12:02 PM
I just got seriously scolded by a lady from New Zealand because the stroller she purchased from our vending kiosks was dirty.

The stroller was slightly dirty ( some dust and what appears to be white paint stains on the basket at the bottom.)
And I apologized for that.
( Although I sometimes get very weary of apologizing for things that are not my fault. I know that is customer service, but still.)

The lady did not want the stroller cleaned off and when I tried to give her money back, made that process difficult as well.
She eventually calmed down but not until she had totally stressed me out over a -gasp- icky stroller.
This lady only uses organic items ( she told me this as she pulled out her organic hand sanitizer) so I am shocked she even considered using a public stroller to begin with.

I don't have a problem with clients making their concerns known but please, people, some perspective.
I can only help people within the confines of my company's policy and as much as the individual will let me.
And just because I am here to help find solutions, does not make me a sounding board for all peoples' phobias and preferences.

Ugh! I don't even want my candy bar now. :depressed
Or my blueberries either.

remingtonbo2001
05-31-2008, 12:07 PM
Or my blueberries either.

What!?! :pctoss

Just give me an address and I'll take care of the rest.

1Parker1
05-31-2008, 12:10 PM

:lol

That sucks Angel. I worked customer service in retail back in the day for 3 years and I remember getting very frustrated. It makes you realize just how many rude, stupid, and thoughtless people there are in this world.

Stay calm and remember it's just a job. I became an expert at the "in one ear out the other" mentality.

T Park
05-31-2008, 12:12 PM
I have to assume customer service relations once in a while and its the worst job in the world.

Makes you sick.

angel_luv
05-31-2008, 12:13 PM

:lol

My hero! :)

angel_luv
05-31-2008, 12:17 PM
Usually people do not bother me.

I am just somewhat stressed about moving this weekend and so am more sensitive today, probably even less desirious to be helpful- which is my bad.

remingtonbo2001
05-31-2008, 12:31 PM
You should've pegged her in the back of the head with the cady bar.

ShoogarBear
05-31-2008, 12:32 PM
You should have told her she smelled like a sheep.

angel_luv
05-31-2008, 12:34 PM
You should've pegged her in the back of the head with the cady bar.

Or pelted her with blueberries while eating my candy bar. :)

remingtonbo2001
05-31-2008, 12:38 PM
Or pelted her with blueberries while eating my candy bar. :)

No silly, blueberries are for eating. :)

angel_luv
05-31-2008, 12:46 PM
No silly, blueberries are for eating. :)

And hints are for the taking. And text messages are for answering. :)

angel_luv
05-31-2008, 12:54 PM
Amazing what the difference a prayer, a moment's peace, a piece of chocolate and a big bottle of water makes.

I no longer want to kick anyone in the shins. :tu

TDMVPDPOY
05-31-2008, 01:17 PM
WAS she a moari? she wouldve beated ur ass

angel_luv
05-31-2008, 01:20 PM
WAS she a moari? she wouldve beated ur ass

I could win a wrestling match with Shaq today.

Don't mess. :lol

BacktoBasics
05-31-2008, 01:20 PM
Fucking retail sucks balls. People are fucking stupid.

TDMVPDPOY
05-31-2008, 01:24 PM
while she was ranting, did she do the haka?

angel_luv
05-31-2008, 01:36 PM
The lady who had been mad left the stroller here.

Some other family, a nice one, just stopped by to ask about renting a stroller. I showed them the abandoned one and explained why the lady had left it.

They looked at it and laughed saying it looked fine to them and so I let them have it.

Melmart1
05-31-2008, 02:40 PM
You should have told her she smelled like a sheep.

I hear that's an aphrodisiac in Portland ...

angel_luv
06-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Today's lady was not all out crazy. She is a regular client whom is normally very nice. She just tends to be a little dramatic- and also to not have sufficient funds immediately available on the card she wants to use.

Today I had to call for verification on a purchase she was making. The process of talking to the credit card people was a pain, so I understand the lady's frustration.
However, I was doing all I could as fast as I could.

I was in the middle of one of many of the conversations I made on her behalf while the lady stood there ranting and raving, demanding to know a play by play of the conversation.

Without thinking about it, I looker her square in the face and said calmly and not unkindly but firmly: " I need you to stop yelling so I can hear."

She was flabbergasted and demanded to see my manager. I ignored the request and continued on making the calls I needed to make for her transaction.

It all worked out in the end and she appreciated my effort.
After telling her to stop yelling, I did make a concentrated effort to keep her up to date on the progress of each call and to sympathize with her plight.

It wasn't at all that I didn't want to help the lady ( I actually like her most days) I just needed her to let me do my job.

Thank God it went through- that's all I have to say.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-02-2008, 02:03 PM
just ignore any and all new zealanders

angel_luv
06-02-2008, 02:06 PM
just ignore any and all new zealanders

LOL. What about the Kiwi?

Of course he is a traitor these days. :depressed

Chief
06-02-2008, 02:13 PM
I wish I could eat a candy bar or blueberries to calm down, usually I gotta go take a smoke.

Blake
06-02-2008, 02:58 PM
was she related to Derek Zealander?