PDA

View Full Version : Apple is going to open second store in San Antonio

Buddy Holly
05-31-2008, 01:15 PM
At North Star Mall.

Apple Inc. plans to add a retail store at North Star Mall this summer, about three years after the computer company opened its first San Antonio location at the Shops at La Cantera.

The new store has begun hiring, but an exact date for the store's opening has not been set, said Drew McCurdy, who will manage the new location.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/business/stories/MYSA053108.1C.Apple.3002a7e.html

balli
05-31-2008, 01:21 PM
:vomit:

T Park
05-31-2008, 02:05 PM
awesome.

Nice to have one closer to home.

Buddy Holly
05-31-2008, 02:45 PM
It's funny how before The Shops opened many people were predicting it's failure and how long until stores started closing. The Shops at La Cantera has been so successful and eye opening for stores that General Growth drew up new plans for phase II to add more exclusive and upscale stores. The Shops have been so successful so much so that a phase III was planned that eventually became an entirely new development, Town Center at La Cantera.

Stores are doing so well at The Shops that Apple is opening a new one in North Star and wants to eventually open one downtown.

Nordstorm is opening a Nordstorm Rack across the freeway at The Rim.

Funny...

KEDA
05-31-2008, 03:34 PM
we still need a Niketown

Buddy Holly
05-31-2008, 03:40 PM
Those are built in outlets. If the one on the southwest side is built, I'm sure it would have one.

davi78239
05-31-2008, 07:15 PM
Those are built in outlets. If the one on the southwest side is built, I'm sure it would have one.

An outlet mall on the SW side? This is news to me. Cool if it happens cause I don't think SA's ever had one. The one in Round Rock is very nice so hopefully they could make it like that if it happens. Where and when did you hear about this anyway?

___uPtOwNgIrL___
05-31-2008, 07:31 PM
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9701/sao3gq0.png
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/4974/saour2.png
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/7287/saositevq4.png
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/7654/sao4pj7.png

credit goes to

Old 11-10-2007, 12:46 PM

SA: San Antonio Outlets - Open Air Shopping Center

I believe there was a post about this some time back but I couldn't find it.

To be built at Pearsall Rd and 410 on the southwest side of San Antonio. Plans call for nearly 500,000 square feet of retail in 130-140 stores as well as restaurant space and a hotel. Looks to have an open air design. Grand Opening scheduled for Spring 2009.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=140981

___uPtOwNgIrL___
05-31-2008, 07:32 PM
http://saoutletcenter.com/about.html

scott
05-31-2008, 07:47 PM
It's funny how before The Shops opened many people were predicting it's failure and how long until stores started closing. The Shops at La Cantera has been so successful and eye opening for stores that General Growth drew up new plans for phase II to add more exclusive and upscale stores. The Shops have been so successful so much so that a phase III was planned that eventually became an entirely new development, Town Center at La Cantera.

Stores are doing so well at The Shops that Apple is opening a new one in North Star and wants to eventually open one downtown.

Nordstorm is opening a Nordstorm Rack across the freeway at The Rim.

Funny...

Who predicted the failure of The Shops? Aside from the occassional and very rare environmental complaint, I don't think I've ever read any bad press about the Shops (or the Rim for that matter).

It is a fact that the tenants at The Shops got off to a rocky start and at one point banded together for a temporary rent reduction... but once things started rolling there has been no looking back.

KEDA
05-31-2008, 11:13 PM

Nike Outlets are built in outlets, and sell items that didnt sell at retail. Kinda like a huge clearance center.

Niketowns sell first run merchandise, along with everything in the Nike catalog, which include a lot of limited release items. There is one opening in Houston later this year.

T Park
05-31-2008, 11:33 PM
The old Niketown that was in Newport Beach was the shit.....

Supreme_Being
06-01-2008, 12:03 AM
Speaking of stores, how's Bowen's mall going?

Buddy Holly
06-01-2008, 10:47 AM
Who predicted the failure of The Shops? Aside from the occassional and very rare environmental complaint, I don't think I've ever read any bad press about the Shops (or the Rim for that matter).

It is a fact that the tenants at The Shops got off to a rocky start and at one point banded together for a temporary rent reduction... but once things started rolling there has been no looking back.

No, it wasn't in the press or anyone in the media. It was on the internet on various boards.

Buddy Holly
06-01-2008, 10:49 AM
Nike Outlets are built in outlets, and sell items that didnt sell at retail. Kinda like a huge clearance center.

Niketowns sell first run merchandise, along with everything in the Nike catalog, which include a lot of limited release items. There is one opening in Houston later this year.

You're right. I was looking at the Niketown Factory brand of stores.

I could see a Niketown going in at The Rim or The Landmark. Maybe even Cresta Bella, The Reflection or Tacara.

tlongII
06-01-2008, 11:06 AM

Nope, not NikeTowns. You're thinking of Nike Factory Stores. NikeTowns carry only in-line product and never put anything on sale. They are more of an "experience" than a place to shop for bargains.

tlongII
06-01-2008, 11:11 AM
I should probably read all the replies before I post...

Buddy Holly
06-01-2008, 11:15 AM
There's over 6 million square feet of retail under construction in SA right now (third in the nation) with much more planned, a Niketown would surprise me.

Das Texan
06-01-2008, 12:19 PM
No, it wasn't in the press or anyone in the media. It was on the internet on various boards.

so it was bascially a bunch of amateurs and people watching from afar with no real knowledge of the situation.

cool.

Buddy Holly
06-01-2008, 12:44 PM
so it was bascially a bunch of amateurs and people watching from afar with no real knowledge of the situation.

cool.

Yeah, just cynical people who never think well of SA.

Basically, it's be like a bunch of people at the start of a season dissing the Spurs and proclaiming their down foul and then when the Spurs win the title you gloat in their faces.

johnsmith
06-02-2008, 06:52 AM
Wow Buddy Holly, how you manage to come off as a pretentious snob via a web page is totally beyond me.

At least you're consistent though.

Buddy Holly
06-02-2008, 08:37 AM
Wow Buddy Holly, how you manage to come off as a pretentious snob via a web page is totally beyond me.

At least you're consistent though.

Pretentious snob? :lol

Just seriously get off my nut sack already.

MoSpur
06-02-2008, 09:04 AM
I was wondering when that was gonna happen.

Jimcs50
06-02-2008, 11:56 AM
I should probably read all the replies before I post...

WTF does that?

Buddy Holly
06-02-2008, 12:00 PM
WTF does that?

Read post 11 then 14 then 15 then 16 then 17.