PDA

View Full Version : Devin Brown and Beno Udrih

tmtcsc
05-31-2008, 02:24 PM
Would you guys consider bringing either one of them back for the right price ? That is, if they would be willing to come back ?

Maybe they grew up. Beno put up good numbers and Devin seemed to contribute nicely in Cleveland. Both of those guys are pretty young.

Please spare me the jokes, it was difficult posting this because of how bad Beno was when he was here and how Devin was too immature for the Spurs' taste. Just sayin.

ChumpDumper
05-31-2008, 02:27 PM
I think there are other players in the world to consider. Besides, Devin pretty much duplicates Udoka now.

Kori Ellis
05-31-2008, 02:27 PM
Beno - no. I don't care if he becomes an All-Star elsewhere, I don't think he'd be good here under Pop.

Devin - a few years ago, yes. Now probably not. He's almost 30 and his shooting percentage is really horrible these days.

oligarchy
05-31-2008, 02:28 PM
They wouldn't bring back Devin for any price. Go read up on why.

ata
05-31-2008, 03:35 PM
Beno can't bring it off the bench, and we've already seen that he and Pop isn't good combination

Bruno
05-31-2008, 03:40 PM
Beno = championships.

It's no coincidence that Spurs lost this year after having traded him.

timvp
05-31-2008, 03:43 PM
Devin Brown and Udoka are pretty similar ... except Devin does everything better except play post defense. But Devin doesn't get along with Spurs coaches anymore so that ship has sailed.

Beno will cash in this summer and then get "hurt". No thanks and I feel sorry for whoever gives him the money.

Spurs Brazil
05-31-2008, 04:28 PM
No.

Beno sucks

E20
05-31-2008, 04:30 PM
Devin doesn't get along with Spurs coaches anymore so that ship has sailed.
I wasn't aware of this. Can anybody fill me in?

Spurs da champs
05-31-2008, 04:32 PM
All I can say is from watching Devin Brown play with the Cavs, Is that he was horrible he missed a layup with nobody guarding him and a bunch of open threes I mean come on.
Beno really didn't really have much solid playing time with us thats why he didn't do well.

CubanMustGo
05-31-2008, 04:36 PM
Beno really didn't really have much solid playing time with us thats why he didn't do well.

The longer he was here, the more he sucked and the less effort he put into getting better - not to mention the ungodly number of hangnail injuries that kept him riding the pine. No thanks.

Spurs da champs
05-31-2008, 04:43 PM
The guy I think we should of kept was Steven Jackson good three point shooter and a good shooter overall.

ducks
05-31-2008, 04:44 PM
The guy I think we should of keeped was Steven Jackson good three point shooter and a good shooter overall.

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

Spurs da champs
05-31-2008, 04:47 PM

You'd rather have kept Devin Brown??

redskinfan
05-31-2008, 05:24 PM
I think he meant kept> I think he is right:ihit

Mulletino
05-31-2008, 05:50 PM
Screw that......Bring Stephen Jackson back!!!!

mrspurs
05-31-2008, 06:23 PM
beno bailed tony out of alot of games where tony starts playing scared....it was beno who couldnt get along with pops rants that sent beno away, and benos party habits(beno knew the system better then any of the other backup points we had)...and what did pop bring in to replace his horrible mistake of letting beno go......can yall remember pop saying....i just want damon togo out there and shoot the ball and not worry about passing right now? i do....thats right we brought in mighty mouse...that pretty much sealed our faith...talk about a bonehead move.....oh well ask yourself what our biggest problems were after the suns series....kurt was to short to match up against the rest of the wests teams...therefore he sat alot, even thou i thought why not play him...he's not much worse then fab...once again pops call....we traded rasho for bonner basically, and elson for kurt....make no mistake rasho and elson were not great centers...but they had length and it was length that we needed after the suns series.(timmy needed to know he had a bigger player next to him)..beside elson had already proven he was a good backup center....if the elson and kurt trade happened at the start of the season, maybe kurts plays better...but i wouldnt bring him back...old and small.....go spurs go

T Park
05-31-2008, 06:38 PM
Elson and Beno sucked, and your defending them?

Massive gigantic fail.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-31-2008, 06:52 PM
Maybe we can get Malik and Jaren Jackson back, too?

We should just designate this the official offseason bring back a Spur retread thread, and let everyone reminisce about bench scrubs and bringing them back because of that one good game they had that one time.

mrspurs
05-31-2008, 07:30 PM
not defending beno and elson....just saying their replacements sucked...kurts only contribution to this PO run was against the suns..the reason pop wanted him...after the suns series, kurt had no clue what was going on. (not his fault, first learn sonic ball then learn spurs ball)if they would have traded earlier then maybe....but becos of it...we lost valuable games teaching these two clowns a system they werent gonna learn anyways....we would had homecourt, we woulda played denver and utah....but those are just thoughts and i like our chances more.......go spurs go

SpurOutofTownFan
06-01-2008, 12:35 AM
The guy I think we should of kept was Steven Jackson good three point shooter and a good shooter overall.

The dude went Latrell Sprewell on the Spurs...

T Park
06-01-2008, 12:36 AM
not defending beno and elson....just saying their replacements sucked...kurts only contribution to this PO run was against the suns..the reason pop wanted him...after the suns series, kurt had no clue what was going on. (not his fault, first learn sonic ball then learn spurs ball)if they would have traded earlier then maybe....but becos of it...we lost valuable games teaching these two clowns a system they werent gonna learn anyways....we would had homecourt, we woulda played denver and utah....but those are just thoughts and i like our chances more.......go spurs go

What two clowns are you babbling about?

They didn't lose games cause of Thomas learning the system.

Stop posting. Please.

Spurtacus
06-01-2008, 02:49 AM
Beno = championships.

What about 2006?

ata
06-01-2008, 05:20 AM
What about 2006?

If you ask Beno: NVE! :smokin

bigdog
06-01-2008, 06:49 AM
Beno didn't fit here, period. He can't handle the pressure of being coached by Pop. I was happy to see him do fairly well in Sacramento, and with them losing Bibby, I can definitely see the Kings getting him a long term deal this summer.

as for Devin, NO. He fell out of favor among the Spurs coaching staff and is aging as well. And anyone who compares him to Udoka is blind. Brown is nowhere near the defender that Ime is, and Ime's 3 point ability is superior to Devin's. Devin might be a better athlete, but Ime's midrange game seems to be more consistent.

I can't believe I even explained this. It should be a no-brainer.

bobbybob0
06-01-2008, 07:39 AM
Stop living in the past...

Deb
06-01-2008, 09:36 AM
I did like the fearless (sometimes stupid) play of S-Jax. It always seemed to ignite the other players.

Extra Stout
06-01-2008, 09:40 AM
Hey, Derek Anderson's a free agent.

mrspurs
06-01-2008, 03:17 PM
bigdog you said it....beno didnt fit cos pop didnt like him...mess with pop and you will find yourself on another team....that worked for many yrs, our younger yrs...it doesnt work anymore...you guys keep thinking mighty mouse and kurt thomas were are only chances of winning the west, meaning no disrepect dont have a clue....even if thomas signs with us...he shouldnt start, nor should fab....face it...we dont get a big player who can help timmy....and someone who can backup parker...we will repeat this season and thats a big maybe..go spurs go

ata
06-02-2008, 03:41 AM
According to Beno, there is interest from: Kings, Knicks, Clippers, Lakers, Magic and Pacers.

Pero
06-02-2008, 05:18 AM
Beno = championships.

:lol
And yup, in 2006 NVE happened.

K-State Spur
06-02-2008, 10:44 AM

bullshit.

Yes, the NVE experiment in 2006 was ridiculous. But in '05 & '07 Beno was given every chance to secure a spot in the rotation. In '05 we got mixed results (with one of the downsides being that he was a PG who couldn't handle the ball in the finals). In '07, it was just a complete disaster. Vaughn was a huge upgrade when he took Beno's spot - what does that tell you?