PDA

View Full Version : Well I cannot stand this.

Brutalis
05-31-2008, 04:01 PM
As a Spurs fan, I am alone in this part of the world.

I spent 3 hours at the rec center and all I heard was rigged this bullshit that fuck this NBA this and who cares about that.

I played about 10 or so pick up games, and 2 of them were stopped because of all the discussion and heat the NBA is under. (whether they see it or not)
I thought it hilarious cause there was only 1 Laker fan out of about 40 of us, and he at first went on about how the trade was legit, but after 10 minutes he was laughing admitting to the conspiracy. At first I thought he was just being a chicken shit cause he was the lone Laker fan, but realized he was tight with a lot of folks there so I know why he admitted the smell that fills the NBA fan's nose now.

I realized today it's not just some Spurs fans and a handful of people around the fan base outside of LA and Boston, who see the same things. It's a whole hell of a lot of people, more than you think. Which gave me the first bit of joy in all this scandalous, tainted, rigged, conspiracy filled crap going on with the NBA. I had so many great discussions today about the Celtics deals, Gasol deal, everyone was rolling in laughter at the irony of Jerry West handing out the WCF Trophy for obvious Grizzlies connection reasons.

Just like me, these guys been following the league since they was real little. I was 7 when I started. And frankly I cannot stand it anymore.

I cannot stand half you people posting here now. If I name names I'll get banned I bet for the reasons I'd follow it with cause I'm not special like Aggie or Sequ and get by with tyrant beat downs.

You Spur fans can sugar coat this all you want. I will say however the Spurs sucked, namely Ginobili really. Bash me all you want, the guy didn't step up and it put a dent in our hood going 100mph. They bricked shots, played horrible defense (all year long), offense was non-existent and ugly. The team was lucky to get as far as we did and also lucky we did not get swept.

My disposition is some judgement calls made by Crawford in round two, and round three, as well as how the Lakers even got here. As far as the scoreboard, we got owned and deserved it. I however will not accept anymore and just lay in the shallows as if this Finals and whole season was legit.

I will always treasure my Spurs. But I lost a ton of respect for the NBA. Honestly I doubt this is permanent but the fire inside of me is just gone. I don't know if any of you can relate to what I am trying to say, but the will inside me since I was a kid is just not there. The last couple days have felt really complacent with everything wrong with this league.

Anyway, reading back to this point I think my point didn't get across but whatever. I will not be politically correct anymore like some popular dude here. I won't say the right things to look good, I won't bullshit around anymore. I am calling the kettle black and throwing out what fear I have of attacks or insults I get from it. I am not going to be a pond in the NBA's chess game and go with the flow anymore. This league is downright a mess.

They did a great job covering up the cheating ref also. No telling how many games weren't really won this and in the last years of my fandom. They already had a score before they even played and I just can't help but to get all emo about it and all the shit the league has put before me, cause I see behind the pretty shit now I see the real NBA and what this league is about.

You damn right this is a business. And today talking to so many NBA fans I realize, I am the one who is late doing this.

So without further ado, I would have accepted any Finals except for Boston and LA, but, seeing now that my roaring laughter of the thought came true, and all the rumors and bullshit has gone on, ... for this to happen is just like a guy named "LB" said today. "We watch like it's news, wear the jerseys. When really these guys know what's up. And we don't. And we're the poor folk cheering them on? When I face things like this in my life, I stop and question what the point was all along, like putting years into a relationship with a girl only to have her fuck you in the end. All wasted."

Well, they aren't all wasted. He is a Pistons fan, and I don't think he realizes he is calling his 04 title a waste. But I can understand. Anyways if this post gets deleted please tell me why 100 other threads a weak 10x worse and some even made by the same regs over and over are ok?

Anyways I said my peace. Don't care what you think really, just wanted to voice it to the world. I'm not playing "house" anymore with this league. I'll stick to the Spurs and try not to get my emotions caught up in things anymore.

Staff Sgt. Dignam
05-31-2008, 04:03 PM
tl;dr

Brutalis
05-31-2008, 04:07 PM
There are no Celtics fans. Go tl;dr your mother and ask her where you was the last 20 something years.

Avitus1
05-31-2008, 04:28 PM
I dont really think this series is for the "real NBA fan" outside of the Laker/Boston "fans." I think this series is more manufactured for the guy who turns on the TV every so often and watches maybe 1 or 2 basketball games a season. The same guy that perhap is the out of touch fan that remembers what the NBA used to be and is excited at the thought of the nostalgia these games will bring. This is where the Finals will make its money... and this is how David Stern will win.

I am really disgusted with all of it but I am proud of my damn Spurs.

dastrey
05-31-2008, 05:03 PM
Jerry West trading Pau to the Lakers. Kevin McHale trading Garnett to the Celtics. It happens. The Spurs have been lucky with ping pong balls, but whenever u trade scraps for all-star players you are going to win.

DazedAndConfused
05-31-2008, 05:07 PM
Pathetic rant.

The two best teams are in the Finals and both got their legitimately. Say what you want about lopsided trades but they DO happen in the NBA and neither the Celtics or the Lakers are the only teams to benefit from such. If Stern wanted the Celtics to be relevant so badly why the fuck did he let them suck for the past two decades? There are so many holes in your idiotic rant I don't know where to begin. Your fucking piece of shit lone star city has won 4 of the last 9 championships and has produced some of the worst rated NBA Finals EVER. There is no conspiracy to keep small market teams out of the Finals.

The bottomline is the Spurs, Jazz, and Nuggets lost fair and square to a better Laker team. If it makes you feel better to cry CONSPIRACY go ahead, but deep down you know your team just wasn't good enough.

Holt's Cat
05-31-2008, 05:08 PM
eh, fuck you.

Nbadan
05-31-2008, 05:11 PM
I cannot stand half you people posting here now. If I name names I'll get banned I bet for the reasons I'd follow it with cause I'm not special like Aggie or Sequ and get by with tyrant beat downs.

It's true, there's a lot of Spurs homers on this board who think they are the shit, like T-Park (hell, I'll name, names...) who couldn't but a competitive pee-wee team together...

E20
05-31-2008, 05:19 PM
Pathetic rant.

The two best teams are in the Finals and both got their legitimately. Say what you want about lopsided trades but they DO happen in the NBA and neither the Celtics or the Lakers are the only teams to benefit from such. If Stern wanted the Celtics to be relevant so badly why the fuck did he let them suck for the past two decades? There are so many holes in your idiotic rant I don't know where to begin. Your fucking piece of shit lone star city has won 4 of the last 9 championships and has produced some of the worst rated NBA Finals EVER. There is no conspiracy to keep small market teams out of the Finals.

The bottomline is the Spurs, Jazz, and Nuggets lost fair and square to a better Laker team. If it makes you feel better to cry CONSPIRACY go ahead, but deep down you know your team just wasn't good enough.

Because the Lakers sucked like shit those past two years as well. What's the point if you have the jelly, but not the peanut butter.

still.focused
05-31-2008, 05:19 PM
Ahahaha
You can just see the estrogen emanating off that 1st post
Go do some pushups and relax

Ronaldo McDonald
05-31-2008, 05:22 PM
Pathetic rant.

The Spurs were good enough. The Lakers were better, you're right. But an EXPLICIT foul that is normally called 99% of the time was not called by a ref that has a history of beef witht he Spurs.

And the Gasol trade was downright crazy.

If it makes LA fans feel any better ignore the probability of a conspiracy.

cobbler
05-31-2008, 05:29 PM
Apparently Manu got the Stern memo to tank it.

Thanks Manu, thanks Memphis, thanks Joey crawford.

It was really nice of Stern as well to make those expandable rims that open up when only Kobe shoots. Oooooooooooops, you probably havent learned of those yet.

There is one simple solution for all the conspiricy nutcases who spend their hard earned money and time supporting a corrupt organization (not the brightest move if you really believe it).

Don't watch, Don't go to the games, Don't support what you say is so corrupt.

Just Don't...

Think of all the whining you will save yourself form spewing and us from listening to for the umpteenth time.

:whine:whine:whine:whine

Darthkiller
05-31-2008, 05:33 PM
I guess i will be rooting for the lakers because i hate the damn celtics. Their team just pisses me off, their coach is the pop wanna be lol.

nashzilla
05-31-2008, 05:37 PM
some of you spurs fans can go eat a dick. fuck conspiracy YOU GUYS FUCKING LOST 4-1. TAKE IT LIKE A MAN AND NOT UP THE ASS!!!

nashzilla
05-31-2008, 05:39 PM
Pathetic rant.

:toast

nashzilla
05-31-2008, 05:45 PM
The Spurs were good enough. The Lakers were better, you're right. But an EXPLICIT foul that is normally called 99% of the time was not called by a ref that has a history of beef witht he Spurs.

And the Gasol trade was downright crazy.

If it makes LA fans feel any better ignore the probability of a conspiracy.

and nothing to do with the SPURS BLOWING BIG LEADS! go jump off a bridge.

jag
05-31-2008, 05:49 PM
It's true, there's a lot of Spurs homers on this board who think they are the shit, like T-Park (hell, I'll name, names...) who couldn't but a competitive pee-wee team together...

You, Brutalis, and Medvedenko should take your emo posts to The Club.

Kori Ellis
05-31-2008, 05:53 PM
I know a lot of people who agree with you. Personally, I don't. But I have no idea why you think the thread might be deleted.

Rant away!

mrspurs
05-31-2008, 05:56 PM
you either got bi-polar or........you aint gotta a clue about the nba, or life....but time will help ya...and if it doesnt...try medication.....go spurs go

ChumpDumper
05-31-2008, 05:59 PM
The only real thing I have a problem with is not suspending KG for throwing that ref around.

Mr. Body
05-31-2008, 06:09 PM
Lakers were better, Ginobili was awful, Joey Crawford is clearly compromised.

The league, however, it's reputation is in the basement with me right now. They thought they could nudge things in certain directions but it became very obvious.

Mr. Body
05-31-2008, 06:15 PM
Here's a conspiracy theory for you:

Chicago Bulls, knowing they got completely dicked by the Pau trade, since they were hot and heavy after him at least since the summer, were threatening to blow the doors off the collusion between West/Memphis/Los Angeles.

So, with barely a 2% chance of winning the draft lottery, the league promised them the first pick in the draft to stay silent. Which they got.

theFrog
05-31-2008, 06:31 PM

Chicago Bulls, knowing they got completely dicked by the Pau trade, since they were hot and heavy after him at least since the summer, were threatening to blow the doors off the collusion between West/Memphis/Los Angeles.

So, with barely a 2% chance of winning the draft lottery, the league promised them the first pick in the draft to stay silent. Which they got.

Here's another

The league with motivation for its lowest rating ever for the Finals last year suspends Amare and Boris from the Suns for a nothing infraction. This allows Stern to hand the Spurs the championship. :lobt2:

manufor3
05-31-2008, 06:34 PM
chicago, boston, and the lakers are the NBA's sweathearts.
Chicago- Got the #1 pick with only a 2% chance of getting it
Boston- Lots of fixed calls in the Atlanta series.
LA- Wow, i dont even know where to start

Mr. Body
Don't think so, but you can see the mistake about Phoenix last year lead to more control this year.

spursfan09
Ah the conspiracy things goes out the window, because it is pretty obvious if they never wanted the Spurs in the finals they never would of let them go 4 times. :lol It is just a game, but I know that the league favors teams over others. Even Stern said his dream was a celtics and lakers final. And thats the commissioner for you-talk about conflict of interest. Anyways spurs are not "loved", but that makes what they have accomplished even more special.

Mr. Body
05-31-2008, 06:41 PM
Ah the conspiracy things goes out the window, because it is pretty obvious if they never wanted the Spurs in the finals they never would of let them go 4 times. :lol It is just a game, but I know that the league favors teams over others. Even Stern said his dream was a celtics and lakers final. And thats the commissioner for you-talk about conflict of interest. Anyways spurs are not "loved", but that makes what they have accomplished even more special.

There's a lot of room between a league manipulating results continuously and everywhere and a league pushing things recently or every now and then. Chicago getting the #1 looks less like a fluke.

ChumpDumper
05-31-2008, 06:44 PM
So why are all the conspiracy nuts still watching?

Mr. Body
05-31-2008, 06:53 PM

Are they?

jag

So they got the first pick in the draft because they were gonna tell everyone that it wasn't fair?

Didn't Pop do the same thing?

cobbler

I have asked that sooooo many times and yet never get an answer. Makes em look pretty ignorant IMO.

Ghost Writer
05-31-2008, 06:56 PM
If you naive homers are convinced that everything was on the up and up as the Celtics and Lakers conveniently upgraded their teams from mediocre to leading contenders in one year and then they both make it to the Finals despite many pundits crying conspiracy since the Gasol trade, then I got a bridge for sale to you in Brooklyn.

Wake the fvck up.

Have you seen the Finals' ratings over the past 5 years?

Did you notice an official got busted for fixing games and admitted that other erfs and players were in on it?

Did you happen to see the non-calls against the Spurs in the Lakers series or see what R. Wallace was b1tching about the Pistons/Celtics travesty?

It's a business, people.

Stop being do Popd@mn foolish.

Perfect example:

My brother-in-law texted me today to tell me how excited he was for the Celtics and tell me "sorry about your Spurs." This is a guy that never watched the NBA. I texted him back that the Celts/Lakers was predetermined. He replied, "Well, it brought me back to the NBA."

Score one for Stern.

Mr. Body
05-31-2008, 06:57 PM
So they got the first pick in the draft because they were gonna tell everyone that it wasn't fair?

Didn't Pop do the same thing?

If the Spurs get a route to Mike Miller in the offseason, then I'll know something's up.

ChumpDumper
05-31-2008, 06:59 PM
So if it's fixed, why should you or I or any spurfan care about what happens now.

If it's a conspiracy, the Spurs will never win anything again.

Game over.

Ghost Writer
05-31-2008, 07:00 PM
Well, as obvious as this year was, the NBA can't script it all the time.

But you knew d@mn well there was no way we were seeing DET/SAS II this year.

Mr. Body
05-31-2008, 07:00 PM
I'm kind of with GW. There's no proof of anything.

But... in a world where the Bush administration can obviously lie its way into a war and run slipshod over the Constitution, while never getting pulled onto the carpet for it, especially by the (corporate owned) media, back-room deals become much easier to believe. I'm not saying David Stern is a master of baldfaced dealing like Dick Cheney, but it's not beyond the realm of imagination. That's the problem.

When Chicago got the #1 I went fairly quickly from 'that should make Stern very happy' to 'that's really kind of weird, they had no chance at all...'

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-31-2008, 07:02 PM
There have been two big jokes related to the NBA's glamor teams this post-season...

* KG pushes a ref and gets away with it

* Joey Crawford had no business being near any of our WCF games

I called in and canceled my league pass this week, told them it wasn't worth it any more because the refereeing is a joke and the league doesn't want to market anyone outside of LA, Boston, and Lebron. As a basketball fan I'm tired of having the league and its affiliates (ABC, ESPN, TNT) try to tell me who I should watch and root for.

Fuck that, I'm a basketball fan and a purist of the game, and the league has lost my interest.

I'll still watch the Spurs play when they're on the networks but Stern and co. have done a good job convincing me to find better things to do with my time and money than watch NBA hoops.

Mr. Body
05-31-2008, 07:03 PM

Yeah, I'm pretty much here. It's stupid to think the league can or would put their hands in at all times -- clearly they haven't, as the Spurs' success can attest. It's a strawman to suggestion this is what people are saying.

But it is not outside the realm of possibility there were very much shenanigans involved here. Not saying there were. But those accountants claiming extreme secrecy and honor over the results of the draft and stuff like that... accountants of the same brand as Arthur Anderson, who basically lied like dogs in collusion with Enron for so many years?

Yeah right.

ChumpDumper
05-31-2008, 07:05 PM
Well I seriously don't understand why you guys waste your time then.

cobbler
05-31-2008, 07:07 PM

Not with the way you PLAYED!!! Your 100% correct!

:whine:whine:whine

jag
05-31-2008, 07:07 PM
I really didn't think there were this many conspiracy theorists here...i kinda thought we were better than that.

cobbler
05-31-2008, 07:09 PM
There have been two big jokes related to the NBA's glamor teams this post-season...

I called in and canceled my league pass this week, told them it wasn't worth it any more because the refereeing is a joke and the league doesn't want to market anyone outside of LA, Boston, and Lebron. As a basketball fan I'm tired of having the league and its affiliates (ABC, ESPN, TNT) try to tell me who I should watch and root for.

Fuck that, I'm a basketball fan and a purist of the game, and the league has lost my interest.

I'll still watch the Spurs play when they're on the networks but Stern and co. have done a good job convincing me to find better things to do with my time and money than watch NBA hoops.

Buh Bye! Dont let the door hit you....

cobbler
05-31-2008, 07:13 PM
I really didn't think there were this many conspiracy theorists here...i kinda thought we were better than that.

The majority of you are better than that.

It's the few who whine the loudest that get heard. It really gets old too.

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/atlarge/sour%20grapes2.jpg

jag
05-31-2008, 07:16 PM
There's just no way a small-market team like the Spurs win 4 titles in 9 years in a "fixed" NBA system. So during this 10 year period they are just now starting to consider the best financial option??? Why not do this after the first Spurs' title?

We were outplayed and out-hustled by the Lakers the entire series and now the league is fixed? But if we would have pulled out that win in game 1....the league wouldn't have been fixed?

This is ridiculous.

cobbler
05-31-2008, 07:28 PM
There's just no way a small-market team like the Spurs win 4 titles in 9 years in a "fixed" NBA system. So during this 10 year period they are just now starting to consider the best financial option??? Why not do this after the first Spurs' title?

We were outplayed and out-hustled by the Lakers the entire series and now the league is fixed? But if we would have pulled out that win in game 1....the league wouldn't have been fixed?

This is ridiculous.

And the suns fans said the same last yeart about the spurs victory. Its BS and a losers way out to blame everyone but themselves for a loss. Nothing more. Real men dont us EXCUSES.

Your observations are spot on.

Anti.Hero
05-31-2008, 07:35 PM
Are they?

no.

theFrog
05-31-2008, 07:48 PM
:whine

Just because the league has an interest in the Lakers does not mean there was anything wrong done.

1) there were missed calls on both sides, fisher's shot hit the rim before he "fouled" barry.

2) Kobe had 11 free throws the ENTIRE series. He had 38 attempts in a four game series vs. the Nuggets and even more vs the Jazz. the free throw differential was minimal at best. So I dont know where Spurs fans get off saying the officials had anything to do with it

3) the Lakers won in FIVE games, not like this was a series pushed to the brink or even a close series

4) Heaven forbid the league schedule games every 2 days so that there is a playoff game on every night. It's not like the league schedules games back to back nights during the regular season. Heaven forbid there be content neutral scheduling, and not a schedule that directly and explicitly favors the Spurs. If the Spurs wanted rest they should have finished off the Hornets and the Suns earlier.

5) The Grizzles wanted to retool and they got the biggest expiring contract they could getand Kwame had a huge one. I dont think they could have seen another realistic package offered that had a bigger expiring contract.

:whine

sedale threatt
05-31-2008, 08:17 PM
Frog, it's good to see another intelligent Spurs fan on this board. The conspiracy talk is embarrassing. I'm still waiting to hear what was in it for Memphis--did they make the trade because their former employee Jerry West told them it was a good deal? Oh, wait, David Stern was in on it too. How did it go down? Everyone talks about this collusion/conspiracy like it's a fact, but none of these geniuses even have a theory about how it would have worked.

The fact is that the west got tougher and the Spurs didn't.

Budkin
05-31-2008, 08:22 PM
Pretty good rant Brutalis... I think this league has always had sketchy shit going on under it's glitzy veneer, kind of like a David Lynch movie. The thing that's making me start to lose interest in the NBA as a whole is the situation with the refs... they all need to be fucking fired and a whole new crew needs to replace them who are trained in an entirely different way.

The fact that so much shit is a fucking judgment call gives them way too much power to influence outcomes. I don't give a fuck if instant replay slows down the game, it needs to be used more. A rule is a fucking rule, and if you don't abide by it then what is the point of having it? For example, the foul at the end of game 4. That right there should have been reviewed, even if it took 20 minutes, and then play should have continued. Apologizing the next evening is totally fucking pointless and just rubs salt in the wound of the team that got screwed.

Ok, I realize I'm starting my own rant, but the NBA really needs to do something if they want fans to come back. And I'm sorry but this manufactured nostalgia of a Lakers vs. Celtics Finals isn't going to cut it.

ATXSPUR
05-31-2008, 08:23 PM
Pathetic rant.

Why don't you get off another team's forum and go make wedding arrangements with your boyfriend. I hear they're letting you guys do that over there now.

Budkin
05-31-2008, 08:26 PM
Frog, it's good to see another intelligent Spurs fan on this board. The conspiracy talk is embarrassing. I'm still waiting to hear what was in it for Memphis--did they make the trade because their former employee Jerry West told them it was a good deal? Oh, wait, David Stern was in on it too. How did it go down? Everyone talks about this collusion/conspiracy like it's a fact, but none of these geniuses even have a theory about how it would have worked.

The fact is that the west got tougher and the Spurs didn't.

Excuse me but you'd have to be a fucking idiot to believe that either one of you are actually Spurs fans. Trying to defend the Gasol trade is just utterly laughable. Pop never complains about shit and even he made a huge stink about what went down. And as for this not even being close series? Pull your Purple and Gold painted heads out of your asses. All of the games besides game 2 and 3 were decided by 8 points or less. 5 if you don't count the classless 3 that Vujacic took at the end of Game 5.

sedale threatt
05-31-2008, 08:32 PM
It's not laughable. Memphis wanted to clear as much salary as they could, as quickly as they could. Kwame's was the biggest expiring contract out there. Why else would Memphis do it? To screw the Spurs? Were they promised floor seats at Laker games? Explain it to me.

Budkin
05-31-2008, 08:49 PM
It's not laughable. Memphis wanted to clear as much salary as they could, as quickly as they could. Kwame's was the biggest expiring contract out there. Why else would Memphis do it? To screw the Spurs? Were they promised floor seats at Laker games? Explain it to me.

It had nothing to do with the Spurs or any other team, and that's the problem. It was all done behind the scenes. Other teams weren't even notified of Gasol being made available or given the chance to make offers. It's called collusion, and it's exactly what happened. Jerry West pulled the strings to make it happen, and it did. That's why it was unbelievable to see him handing the trophy to the Lakers the other night. It's like he was just flaunting it in everyone's face.

cobbler
05-31-2008, 09:07 PM
It had nothing to do with the Spurs or any other team, and that's the problem. It was all done behind the scenes. Other teams weren't even notified of Gasol being made available or given the chance to make offers. It's called collusion, and it's exactly what happened. Jerry West pulled the strings to make it happen, and it did. That's why it was unbelievable to see him handing the trophy to the Lakers the other night. It's like he was just flaunting it in everyone's face.

You are spewing garbage with no basis in fact. First off, Gasol was on the trading block long before the laker trade went down. Chicago, for one was in talks for months about aquiring him. That is a fact! Jerry West left Memphis the PRIOR year because of a fallout with the ownership on the direction of the team. He was NOT in good favor with the owner. Fact! Jerry West gave out the trophy as part of the NBA's promotion to have superstars of the previous era handing out the trophies, just as Bill Russel did to Cleveland last year, and Havalchek did with Boston this year as well. Fact! So Jerry (with a huge history with the lakers) is not supposed to take part because a bunch of conspiricy wackos out there falsely accuse him of collusion. Get real loser. The only faces he flaunted anything in front of is guys like you who base their whole arguments on fiction rather than fact. Like the NBA, he, or any person with a real brain would care. Get over yourself.

SO you claim collusion, and you follow it up with a comment that "that is EXACTLY what happend".

How about following it with FACTS? I'm betting you have nothing to offer in that arena. MORON.

Funny how all these articles talk about Gasol being on the trading block yet NOBODY knew.

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/b4hoops/2007/12/03/On_The_Block_Pau_Gasol_Andre_Miller
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/basketball/nba/11/28/gasol.grizzlies/index.html
http://www.yaysports.com/nba/2007/01/pau_gasol_is_on_the_block.html

A simple little google search and you wouldnt look like the fool you do.... IMO

But then, im sure there was no holocost, we never landed on the moon, and your too busy to show facts supporting your rants cause your still out searching for the 2nd and 3rd gunman.

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/atlarge/sour%20grapes2.jpg

jag
05-31-2008, 09:08 PM
Pretty good rant Brutalis... I think this league has always had sketchy shit going on under it's glitzy veneer, kind of like a David Lynch movie. The thing that's making me start to lose interest in the NBA as a whole is the situation with the refs... they all need to be fucking fired and a whole new crew needs to replace them who are trained in an entirely different way.

The fact that so much shit is a fucking judgment call gives them way too much power to influence outcomes. I don't give a fuck if instant replay slows down the game, it needs to be used more. A rule is a fucking rule, and if you don't abide by it then what is the point of having it? For example, the foul at the end of game 4. That right there should have been reviewed, even if it took 20 minutes, and then play should have continued. Apologizing the next evening is totally fucking pointless and just rubs salt in the wound of the team that got screwed.

Ok, I realize I'm starting my own rant, but the NBA really needs to do something if they want fans to come back. And I'm sorry but this manufactured nostalgia of a Lakers vs. Celtics Finals isn't going to cut it.

This is ridiculous.

ElNono
05-31-2008, 09:36 PM
I tought that if we get the Lakers in the first round, we beat them. But we spent all we had in the first two seriers. They were the better team in the WCF, and that is that.
As far as the East, Detroit is always there, but since they got Flip as a coach, they lost their defensive edge. The Celtics were the best defensive team in the league, undeniably.
I'll be damned if I didn't tell you I hate these Finals. Kobe winning without Shaq? Fucking KG and Ray Ray winning a ring? We'll never hear the end of it.
But they won the right to be there fair and square, playing the games.
Some of you sound like Suns fans after the Horry incident. Get over it. We have a good team and we'll be in the fight next season, just like every season.
Be proud of being a Spurs fan.

mikekim
05-31-2008, 09:43 PM
Honestly, if I lived anywhere other than in southern california, I'd probably slightly prefer the Lakers winning.

But I don't think I can stand all the hype and ridiculousness a championship would bring to lakerland.

So as much as I hate it, I'm going for Boston...maybe...AHH...i seriously don't know.

Lakers aren't as hate-able as before, but I can't say I'm a fan by any means. And I can't stand most Laker fans I personally come across around here (as in where I live)

DarrinS
05-31-2008, 09:58 PM
I'm not that familiar with the game of chess. Which one is the pond?

TheManFromAcme
05-31-2008, 10:08 PM
:toast

:toast +1

Excellent post.

TheManFromAcme
05-31-2008, 10:17 PM

But... in a world where the Bush administration can obviously lie its way into a war and run slipshod over the Constitution, while never getting pulled onto the carpet for it, especially by the (corporate owned) media, back-room deals become much easier to believe. I'm not saying David Stern is a master of baldfaced dealing like Dick Cheney, but it's not beyond the realm of imagination. That's the problem.

When Chicago got the #1 I went fairly quickly from 'that should make Stern very happy' to 'that's really kind of weird, they had no chance at all...'

Dear Lord, a LiberaL/Democrat Spurs fan......can it get any worse?

:lol

Strike
05-31-2008, 10:18 PM
I tought that if we get the Lakers in the first round, we beat them. But we spent all we had in the first two seriers. They were the better team in the WCF, and that is that.
As far as the East, Detroit is always there, but since they got Flip as a coach, they lost their defensive edge. The Celtics were the best defensive team in the league, undeniably.
I'll be damned if I didn't tell you I hate these Finals. Kobe winning without Shaq? Fucking KG and Ray Ray winning a ring? We'll never hear the end of it.
But they won the right to be there fair and square, playing the games.
Some of you sound like Suns fans after the Horry incident. Get over it. We have a good team and we'll be in the fight next season, just like every season.
Be proud of being a Spurs fan.

While I think the reffing in some situations was questionable or downright bad, it doesn't change the fact that the Spurs should never have been in those positions to begin with. They couldn't hold leads, couldn't erase deficits, and didn't do what needed to be done at the right times.

I'm proud of the team for getting as far as they did, but it just wasn't enough. I hope they will come with more desire (and a better roster) next season.

:flag:

cobbler
05-31-2008, 10:40 PM

Did you say the very same thing when the ping pong ball bounced your way to get timmy?

ATXSPUR
05-31-2008, 10:44 PM
Dear Lord, a LiberaL/Democrat Spurs fan......can it get any worse?

:lol

keep the politics crap in the other section of the site.

spurster
05-31-2008, 11:01 PM
The Spurs deserved to lose, but the NBA needs to do something about the lousy refereeing. Why should there ever be a no-call or a make-up call or a star call? Why do the NBA refs become national names, rather than anonymous? Why is Javie the only "road ref"? I don't much watch so much NCAA, but is there any NCAA ref with a national rep?

21_Blessings
05-31-2008, 11:09 PM
Funny how that cheating ref is the only reason the Spurs beat the Suns last year. Pot meet the fucking black kettle.

ChumpDumper
05-31-2008, 11:13 PM
Funny how that cheating ref is the only reason the Spurs beat the Suns last year. Pot meet the fucking black kettle.It's always a fx when your team loses.

pawe
06-01-2008, 12:22 AM
Collusion! they are Lakerfans so of course they're gonna say the trade was legit. And I agree that the trade was legit but what I don't like about it is not publicly announcing that Gasol would be available. If you are the owner of a team, would you let your somewhat star walk away for a Kwame Brown..where's the morale of the team and the pride of the city be after that? NBA's MO is to entice ordinary people to watch the NBA by hyping up popular teams that they always hear about hoping to lure them as fanatics in the future..I hope it works so basketball lovers like most of us would feel that the loss of our team would be at least validated.

~~~~~~
06-01-2008, 01:11 AM
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/7998/commonsensemi8.jpg

gospursgojas
06-01-2008, 01:31 AM
If you took all basketball out of this, and looked at it just as a story, it would be obvious that the NBA got what they wanted.

On purpose.

So what? We'll all be back next season rooting for the Spurs.

NBA is quickly turning into the WWE, but that's ok bc I watch WWE every Mon, Tues, and Fri. :downspin:

pawe
06-01-2008, 01:46 AM
common sense is not so common when you can't sense what's common about it.

cobbler
06-01-2008, 02:29 AM
Collusion! they are Lakerfans so of course they're gonna say the trade was legit. And I agree that the trade was legit but what I don't like about it is not publicly announcing that Gasol would be available. If you are the owner of a team, would you let your somewhat star walk away for a Kwame Brown..where's the morale of the team and the pride of the city be after that? NBA's MO is to entice ordinary people to watch the NBA by hyping up popular teams that they always hear about hoping to lure them as fanatics in the future..I hope it works so basketball lovers like most of us would feel that the loss of our team would be at least validated.

It was well known that gasol was available! As i posted above you can simply google "gasol on trade block" and come back with dozens of articles showing that many teams were in discussion to obtain him many many months before the laker trade. Do your research before you spread unfounded rumors.

heres a few to save you the trouble....

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/b4hoops/2007/12/03/On_The_Block_Pau_Gasol_Andre_Miller
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/basketball/nba/11/28/gasol.grizzlies/index.html

21_Blessings
06-01-2008, 02:51 AM
It's always a fx when your team loses.

Donaghy admitted in a court of law that he cheated in game 3

bdictjames
06-01-2008, 02:52 AM
Well said man. My respect for you has gone up the roof.

21_Blessings
06-01-2008, 02:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvkKdXLwt0U

lmao

dastrey
06-01-2008, 02:55 AM
It was well known that gasol was available! As i posted above you can simply google "gasol on trade block" and come back with dozens of articles showing that many teams were in discussion to obtain him many many months before the laker trade. Do your research before you spread unfounded rumors.

heres a few to save you the trouble....

Pau Gasol is an all-star level big man. He is the type of player you save your cap space for. The fact that all that Memphis cared about is cap space is what stinks. It's not like Memphis has so much talent that they had to clear space for new contracts. If they waited until the summer they probably could have traded him for cap space as well as a lottery pick.

YellowFever
06-01-2008, 04:01 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty much here. It's stupid to think the league can or would put their hands in at all times -- clearly they haven't, as the Spurs' success can attest. It's a strawman to suggestion this is what people are saying.

Translation:

Every time the spurs win the league pretty much leaves things alone.

Everytime anyone else wins, it's fixed. :downspin:

Allanon
06-01-2008, 05:10 AM
chicago, boston, and the lakers are the NBA's sweathearts.
Chicago- Got the #1 pick with only a 2% chance of getting it
Boston- Lots of fixed calls in the Atlanta series.
LA- Wow, i dont even know where to start

The #1 pick is pretty crazy, just like a lottery. Even if you have the best chances to get #1, you still don't get it. SA wasn't the best chance to get Duncan but they got him anyways. Oden got picked to go to Portland? Why not New York? King James is in Cleveland?

Boston got reamed in Atlanta, Atlanta got reamed in Boston.

And let's not forget that Shaq was traded for Lamar Odom and Caron Butler
Caron Butler was then traded for Kwame Brown. Caron Butler and Odom are good players but they ain't Shaq. Kwame Brown is certainly not worth Caron Butler either.

The Lakers got screwed on those deals, was that some sort of conspiracy too or only the Pau one?

DieMrBond
06-01-2008, 06:52 AM
I don't know whats worse - seeing the Lakers AND the Celtics in the Finals, or having to barrack for Kobe because theres no way I want to see Ray Allen or Kevin Garnett win the championship.

endrity
06-01-2008, 07:28 AM
If it makes you feel any better, I am a Mavs fan and I also think that a lot of suspicious things went down this year, and it's not the first time.

1Parker1
06-01-2008, 08:18 AM
:lol I think people are getting a little carried away with this whole NBA consipracy thing.

There's absolutely no doubt that Jerry West had a hand in the Pau Gasol trade and that it was a fishy trade from start to finish. Even a hardcore Laker fan won't be able to deny this.

There's also absolutely no doubt that KG and the Celtics got away with a lot of crap in that first round against the Hawks. If that had been Rasheed Wallace or someone else in that play, you bet your ass the NBA would have at least fined or suspended him.

There's also a good argument that can be made that Joey Crawford probably should not have been refereeing that Game 4. However, Spurs still had an opportunity to win that game if they had played better from the start so you can't really beleive that.

As for the league trying to "fix" it so that the Celts and Lakers would meet in the Finals, I'm not sure I believe that. League had no way of know that Ginobili, Billups, Hamilton would all be injured in the Conference Finals. If those guys had been healthy, I guarantee you both series would have had a completely different outlook, Joey Crawford or no Joey Crawford. Despite everything, Spurs had at least a 17 point lead in 3 out of the 5 games they played and they managed to lose 2 of those games still. You can't expect it to get any better than that.

1Parker1
06-01-2008, 08:18 AM
If it makes you feel any better, I am a Mavs fan and I also think that a lot of suspicious things went down this year, and it's not the first time.

:lol Mav Fan thinks suspicious things go on down EVERY year.

LakersDomination
06-01-2008, 09:52 AM
This is pretty sad hearing all these Spurs fans cry about conspiracies. Did you guys think the league was fixed last year when they handed over the Spurs-Suns series to you guys even though the Suns were the better team. As a Laker fan I should have believed that the league was fixed those 4 years you guys won the championship? Maybe the league is only fixed every other year since you guys dont repeat.....I think the Spurs were in collusion with the Sonics to have Kurt Thomas handed over to the Spurs for free...PJ Carlisimo was told to release Barry by POP? Does that sound right? Stop embarrasing yourselves....you cant win every year so dont blame the league...if the league was fixed then they would rather have seen the SUNS in the finals last year and they would have rather have seen the Lakers play The Suns in the western conference Finals this year to have Shaq vs Kobe...so all this conspiracy stuff is just sore loser talk

cobbler
06-01-2008, 12:10 PM
:lol I think people are getting a little carried away with this whole NBA consipracy thing.

There's absolutely no doubt that Jerry West had a hand in the Pau Gasol trade and that it was a fishy trade from start to finish. Even a hardcore Laker fan won't be able to deny this.
There's also absolutely no doubt that KG and the Celtics got away with a lot of crap in that first round against the Hawks. If that had been Rasheed Wallace or someone else in that play, you bet your ass the NBA would have at least fined or suspended him.

There's also a good argument that can be made that Joey Crawford probably should not have been refereeing that Game 4. However, Spurs still had an opportunity to win that game if they had played better from the start so you can't really beleive that.

As for the league trying to "fix" it so that the Celts and Lakers would meet in the Finals, I'm not sure I believe that. League had no way of know that Ginobili, Billups, Hamilton would all be injured in the Conference Finals. If those guys had been healthy, I guarantee you both series would have had a completely different outlook, Joey Crawford or no Joey Crawford. Despite everything, Spurs had at least a 17 point lead in 3 out of the 5 games they played and they managed to lose 2 of those games still. You can't expect it to get any better than that.

Since there is absolutely "no doubt" as you say, i am still waiting to see the proof. You all keep bringing this up, we keep showing how it just wasnt that way, yet you keep babbling this BS and have YET TO BACK IT UP WITH ANY FACTS.

Either put up the proof or shut up about it already.

I had, keyword being had, nothing but respect for your organization and fans. I am losing a lot if it with all this whining and conspiricy talks. You are quickly making yourselves look like Kings or Suns fans.

Ouuuuuuuuuuuch

DazedAndConfused
06-01-2008, 12:19 PM
What's in it for MEM?

Why would they do such a deal if it would screw up their franchise? Anyone.........anyone?

The answer is they wanted to clear caproom because they are selling the team. It didn't matter what expiring contract they got because they planned on dumping that player when the season was over. They got the draft picks they wanted and a couple nice young players as well. It was exactly what they wanted since they are selling the team. The new owners will have a slew of picks at their fingertips and a ton of young contracts to play with.

GrandeDavid
06-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Your fucking piece of shit lone star city

Your attitude is pathetic and you are a damn disgrace to my country and its overseas image, insulting a wonderful city, which is a part of the country in which you probably reside. You are the same fool who cannot identify Indonesia on a map. You make me sick reading a comment like that. Grow up or, if you are not a punk bitch teenager, then perhaps try getting your ass kicked up and down the street and see if that won't adjust your attitude.

GrandeDavid
06-01-2008, 12:37 PM

That's been my attitude since the mid-nineties. I would only buy tickets to a Spurs game and will only watch Spurs games, and once they are out of the playoffs, so goes my interest in the NBA. I could care less about watching one Finals game, nor do I watch the Halftime Show or whatever its called.

Mr. Body
06-01-2008, 12:44 PM
:lol Mav Fan thinks suspicious things go on down EVERY year.

Did you watch the 2005 Finals? They have a right to it.

whottt
06-01-2008, 01:37 PM
Ehh...I am on the fence as to whether or not the NBA is completely corrupt. If they are corrupt...were they corrupt when were winning 4 NBA titles, or just when we lose?

That said...the officiating certainly could be corrupt and Joey Crawford has a proven bias against Tim Duncan, and he shouldn't have been allowed to ref these games...and the NBA deserves every bit of speculation it gets over that matter.

Here's the deal, whether you think the NBA is rigged or not...there's absolutely no doubt many people suspect it is rigged...it's gets far more of these allegations than any of the other pro-sports...and when they do somethng stupid like let Garnett push a ref or allow Joey Crawford to ref pivotal Spurs games...it only increases those suspicions.

Is the NBA totally corrupt? Probably not...

Are they the responsible party for the view that they are corrupt? Yeap.

Will it hurt the NBA if they are truly corrupt? Probably not...it didn't hurt wrestling...in fact it helped wrestling.

In a perfect world, any sort of deciet or negativity would be met with a lightning strike...but it isn't a perfect world...

And just as the troll gets exactly what he wants from his negative behavior, and is rewarded by the "smart good posters" who despise trolls, yet generously give him the reward he seeks by bumping his threads...

Cheating, controversey and publicity probably do more to help the NBA than harm it...as does putting the teams with the most fans in the finals.

In short...if you want to fight this, bitching about it does nothing, neither does continuing to watch while bitching about it...the smart thing to do is to stop watching...but you probably won't...just like those "smart" posters can't resist bumping troll threads.

If you think the NBA is completely rigged yet continue to watch and bitch about it...you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

sedale threatt
06-01-2008, 02:06 PM
What's in it for MEM?

Why would they do such a deal if it would screw up their franchise? Anyone.........anyone?

David Stern, Jerry West, Mitch Kupchak, NBC, and Dr. Evil offered the Memphis GM and ownership a chance for their wives to have a night of magic with Sasha and Luke Walton. Obviously they could not turn this down. It is all part of the conspiracy against the Mighty Spurs Dynasty.

whottt
06-01-2008, 03:17 PM
David Stern, Jerry West, Mitch Kupchak, NBC, and Dr. Evil offered the Memphis GM and ownership a chance for their wives to have a night of magic with Sasha and Luke Walton. Obviously they could not turn this down. It is all part of the conspiracy against the Mighty Spurs Dynasty.

Just out of curiosity...who is the Memphis GM?

What state is he from?

What state is Jerry West from?

Who reccomended the Memphis Gm for that job?

Without a doubt, Jerry West raided the Grizzlies...soley to benefit the Lakers. And white trash stick together. Like snot...

He wasn't GM'ing for the Grizzlies...he was scouting for the Lakers.

That CHOKING piece of shit needs to be off the logo...

All that said...the Grizzlies owner is stupid and the ultimate responsiblity lies with him...

But anyone acting like Jerry West is class makes me want to puke about as badly as anyone acting like the Lakers are class...

sedale threatt
06-01-2008, 03:51 PM
Are you saying that David Stern and Dr. Evil were not involved?

Spur-Addict
06-01-2008, 03:55 PM

What state is he from?

Without a doubt, Jerry West raided the Grizzlies...soley to benefit the Lakers. And white trash stick together. Like snot...

All that said...the Grizzlies owner is stupid and the ultimate responsiblity lies with him...

But anyone acting like Jerry West is class makes me want to puke about as badly as anyone acting like the Lakers are class...

:lmao.........(:spless:)........:lmao

Purple & Gold
06-01-2008, 04:08 PM
Official spur Fan Meltdown Thread??

DazedAndConfused
06-01-2008, 04:08 PM

What state is he from?

Get your shit straight before you spew excrement out of your mouth. First of all, Jerry West took an expansion team that was going NOWHERE and helped guide them towards making the playoffs and becoming a 50 win team. He left when he saw that the owners wanted to sell the team off and had no interest in building a winning franchise.

In fact, he's been gone for over a year since the Gasol trade went down. And Gasol has been on the market for quite awhile now, no team wanted to pony up the money for him. Let's face it, he's not a #1 option yet he makes that kind of money. Not many teams can afford or even have a need for a guy that makes near max money yet doesn't produce like one. The Lakers were the perfect fit in every way. They had everything MEM wanted and could provide Gasol with the perfect environment to finish off his career in.

I find it funny that nobody is mentioning that NOH made a very similar trade. Remember the Baron Davis trade, can you name me the sorry POS players that GSW gave up? I bet you can't because none of them are even playing in the NBA anymore. Look at NOH now, they are a top tier team. Sometimes, unloading your max salary players and starting over IS a smart move.

DazedAndConfused
06-01-2008, 04:09 PM
Official spur Fan Meltdown Thread??

Yup this thread title needs to be renamed.

Spur fan is NO different than Sun fan that he demeaned for so many years.

cobbler
06-01-2008, 04:29 PM

What state is he from?

Wow! Stooping to an all time low for a spurs fan. Pulling the race card. Unbelievable!!! This has to be the most moronic post of the decade.

Well, you spurs fans, the minorityof which i am hopping, have actually done it.

YOU HAVE LOWERED YOURSELF BELOW THAT OF THE WHINING KINGS AND SUNS FANS. I never thought it possible but ill give credit where credit is do.
Your the whiniest sorest losers of the league.

Congrats!

Purple & Gold
06-01-2008, 04:35 PM
Yup this thread title needs to be renamed.

Spur fan is NO different than Sun fan that he demeaned for so many years.

It's classic actually. spur fan has reached a new low.

td4mvp21
06-01-2008, 04:46 PM
The only fishy thing to me was the Gasol trade, and that's because the summer before last season, the Bulls were going after Gasol and the Grizzlies wanted too much in return. Why would they all of a sudden not want anything in return? That doesn't make sense to me at all. Stern may not have had a hand in it, but Jerry West definitely did IMO.

Once Gasol was on the Lakers however, they got to the Finals fair and square IMO. The Barry situation was a bad no call, but we had plenty of breaks due to officiating BEFORE that. What makes me mad is that we were getting cheap calls on the Lakers and then the one foul that wasn't called was actually a foul.

Suspensions should have been handed down to Garnett in the first round series-he pushed an official. Duncan got suspended for the same thing seasons ago. Also, Stoudemire and Diaw got suspended for violating the rules so why didn't Garnett? Also sounds suspicious.

So there are a few suspicious things to me, but overall I think the Celtics and the Lakers are the two best teams in the league right now, and are rightfully in the Finals. I've got to wonder though if there really is a conspiracy in the league and how long it has been going on. Maybe it's been going on for seasons. Maybe there is none at all.

theFrog
06-01-2008, 04:49 PM
The only fishy thing to me was the Gasol trade, and that's because the summer before last season, the Bulls were going after Gasol and the Grizzlies wanted too much in return. Why would they all of a sudden not want anything in return? That doesn't make sense to me at all. Stern may not have had a hand in it, but Jerry West definitely did IMO.

Maybe the Grizzles wanted 10 million in cap room instead of Luol Deng

td4mvp21
06-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Maybe the Grizzles wanted 10 million in cap room instead of Luol Deng

....so then why didn't they get that cap room from the Bulls?

theFrog
06-01-2008, 04:54 PM

because the Bulls had Ben "the max salary cap eater" Wallace, and I assume Chicago wanted to dig out all the salary they could. So they wouldnt want to trade away expiring contracts

Purple & Gold
06-01-2008, 05:04 PM
4 firsts and a huge expiring is not that bad of a trade for the Grizzlies. Ask the Pistons what they gave up for Rasheed.

cobbler
06-01-2008, 05:54 PM

Maybe becaue if you are going to outright release a player and make him available to competitors you would rather give them Kwame than Wallace?

sedale threatt
06-01-2008, 07:42 PM
Detroit got Rasheed and Mike James by sending Zeljko Rebraca, Bob Sura and a future first to Atlanta, plus Chucky Atkins and Lindsey Hunter to Boston. Nice trade.

The Warriors got Baron Davis for the immortal Speedy Claxton and future Hall-of-Famer Dale Davis.

Where is the outrage?

Whisky Dog
06-01-2008, 07:57 PM
Im a Spurs fan. I hate the NBA. I watch the Spurs and nothing else. The NBA is trash. There's a reason why I love watching march madness no matter if my team is there or not, but I didn't know the Heat won the title in '06 until someone mentioned it to me that September.

DazedAndConfused
06-01-2008, 08:00 PM
Detroit got Rasheed and Mike James by sending Zeljko Rebraca, Bob Sura and a future first to Atlanta, plus Chucky Atkins and Lindsey Hunter to Boston. Nice trade.

The Warriors got Baron Davis for the immortal Speedy Claxton and future Hall-of-Famer Dale Davis.

Where is the outrage?

Where is the outrage?

Ginobilly
06-01-2008, 09:21 PM
i think the NBA would be better if they shorten their playoff format to the one game elimination format like NCAA, NFL, Soccer, Euroleague. There's too many fuckin games and it really bores the casual fans. I think it would make the games more intense, hearts pound like muhfucker, nuts shribble, and higher ratings.

cobbler
06-01-2008, 09:36 PM
i think the NBA would be better if they shorten their playoff format to the one game elimination format like NCAA, NFL, Soccer, Euroleague. There's too many fuckin games and it really bores the casual fans. I think it would make the games more intense, hearts pound like muhfucker, nuts shribble, and higher ratings.

And what? Charge 10,000 a ticket to make up the revenue? Not goig to happen.

braeden0613
06-01-2008, 09:47 PM
That would be terrible. You would have mediocre teams like the Raptors winning the title because they happened to be on a hot streak for 4 games.

carina_gino20
06-01-2008, 10:00 PM
I don't know whats worse - seeing the Lakers AND the Celtics in the Finals, or having to barrack for Kobe because theres no way I want to see Ray Allen or Kevin Garnett win the championship.

Makes me want to puke.

LakersDomination
06-01-2008, 10:42 PM
This is pretty sad hearing all these Spurs fans cry about conspiracies. Did you guys think the league was fixed last year when they handed over the Spurs-Suns series to you guys even though the Suns were the better team. As a Laker fan I should have believed that the league was fixed those 4 years you guys won the championship? Maybe the league is only fixed every other year since you guys dont repeat.....I think the Spurs were in collusion with the Sonics to have Kurt Thomas handed over to the Spurs for free...PJ Carlisimo was told to release Barry by POP? Does that sound right? Stop embarrasing yourselves....you cant win every year so dont blame the league...if the league was fixed then they would rather have seen the SUNS in the finals last year and they would have rather have seen the Lakers play The Suns in the western conference Finals this year to have Shaq vs Kobe...so all this conspiracy stuff is just sore loser talk

:nope:nope:nope:nope:nope

ChumpDumper
06-01-2008, 10:46 PM
As a Laker fan I should have believed that the league was fixed those 4 years you guys won the championship? Maybe the league is only fixed every other year since you guys dont repeat.....I think the Spurs were in collusion with the Sonics to have Kurt Thomas handed over to the Spurs for free...PJ Carlisimo was told to release Barry by POP? Does that sound right?It actually does sound like fans of other teams, yes.

Robinzine
06-01-2008, 11:35 PM
Jerry West trading Pau to the Lakers. Kevin McHale trading Garnett to the Celtics. It happens. The Spurs have been lucky with ping pong balls, but whenever u trade scraps for all-star players you are going to win.
You whiny, jealous bitch. I challenge you to prove the so-called collusion. Come on, dastrey - PROVE IT! Right, you can't, so just like all you other whiny, jealous bitches, you lash out because it makes you feel good.:whine

Brutalis
06-04-2008, 04:53 AM
So a few days go by and I feel the same shit.

It's no wonder Lakerfan will croak loud every chance he gets. For one he is still thinks they won in 2004 and two trying to imagine the garbage they are going to take if they happen to win this Finals, after all the heat they give on 1999 being some kind of tainted thing. Freaking bimbos make 1999 look like a float in their circus.

My problem is complex yet I try to simplify it by reasoning facts with doubt.

For instance:

a- Yes Barry was fouled, and it's like pissing on the fire making a public we're sorry we didn't call it announcement the next day
b- Yes Fishers shot hit the rim, thus the shot clock violation called gave us 2 points, and put us in the position for Barry to get fouled in the first place

That's reasoning my friend. That is a fan hard at work trying to position himself for some bitch slapping if need be.

I just try to keep the focus on legit situations. Sunsfan cried last year at their own misdoing. Often moaned for the crooked ref who let the Spurs win, when in fact they came back on the Lakers in the first round all because of that ref. Don't even start Lakerfan... just shut the fuck up for a change. You lost 2004 and so did we.

Just why Crawfish was allowed to ref our games in these playoffs was a curve ball from hell.

Secondly, after the first incident in NO with him poking Pop and starting shit once again, why did the league not just remove him from our games? Trying to maintain an argument with the rebuttal of it wouldn't be fair to other teams if he didn't ref our games but did all other teams.. mainly because he does not have the problem with your team or star slash franchise slash nba legend player. He has an agenda on the Spurs and had a hand in giving us the most difficult time playing against a talented teams in the playoffs in both series.

That being said I will stress the importance of one thing here folks. San Antonio fucking sucked. We could not have fucked up any worse to make Joey smile and squeeze a turd out with a cigar in his mouth knowing we went fishing. The Spurs due to fatigue, injuries, and mental instability playing a superior team even if by which their talent was gained by cheating or not. You can hang your hat on Manu Ginobili. He has a bald spot and wears number twenty. I hope Argentina gets flat owned and he comes back to SA fresh. He needs to get his shit together and not play so emotional as he has before. I have never seen a player self destruct as he did in these playoffs.

Moving forward we either draft Brandon Rush or I quit being a Spurs fan. But not really.

As stated previously the NBA got what they wanted. It's just too bad whoever wins will be more asterisk than the word itself by NBA fans outside of Boston and LA.

LakerLanny
06-04-2008, 10:42 AM
My problem is complex yet I try to simplify it by reasoning facts with doubt.

For instance:

a- Yes Barry was fouled, and it's like pissing on the fire making a public we're sorry we didn't call it announcement the next day
b- Yes Fishers shot hit the rim, thus the shot clock violation called gave us 2 points, and put us in the position for Barry to get fouled in the first place

c- Tony Parker's layup in the last minute was cleanly blocked by Odom prior to hitting the backboard, yet SA awarded 2 points

d- Manu Ginobili's foot was clearly on the line on his 3 pointer that should have been ruled a 2 point basket.

And those are just the bad calls vs LA in the last minute. I won't even mention Duncan's five step dunk in the first half or the fact that the horrid refs gave your team at least three blatant flops called charging in the game while calling the Lakers doing the SAME EXACT THING for blocking.

The refs were the only reason you were even close in that game. Lakers led start to finish and if it was impartially called, would have won by 15-20 points.

koriwhat
06-04-2008, 01:38 PM
i got tired of reading the BS in your post... got to about the 3rd paragraph before i had to stop reading. you sir are a cat(replace with derogatory comment). who the hell cares what you think or not think concerning how you feel about the nba, conspiracies, etc. no one!

only morons think everyone around them are in complete shock at the bs you are spewing and actually think we care if you stop watching the nba or stop liking us all. in reality you are a speck in this vast community of nba(spurs) fans. your voice unheard!

ps: you don't like the nba no longer? good move on... you don't like us here at ST? good move on... you wanna bitch and moan some more? good MOVE ON!

Brutalis
06-04-2008, 03:51 PM
c- Tony Parker's layup in the last minute was cleanly blocked by Odom prior to hitting the backboard, yet SA awarded 2 points

d- Manu Ginobili's foot was clearly on the line on his 3 pointer that should have been ruled a 2 point basket.

And those are just the bad calls vs LA in the last minute. I won't even mention Duncan's five step dunk in the first half or the fact that the horrid refs gave your team at least three blatant flops called charging in the game while calling the Lakers doing the SAME EXACT THING for blocking.

The refs were the only reason you were even close in that game. Lakers led start to finish and if it was impartially called, would have won by 15-20 points.

I was talking about the Spurs/Lakers series that happened last week.

You are talking out of your ass about shit that didn't happen.

Brutalis
06-04-2008, 03:54 PM
i got tired of reading the BS in your post... got to about the 3rd paragraph before i had to stop reading. you sir are a cat(replace with derogatory comment). who the hell cares what you think or not think concerning how you feel about the nba, conspiracies, etc. no one!

only morons think everyone around them are in complete shock at the bs you are spewing and actually think we care if you stop watching the nba or stop liking us all. in reality you are a speck in this vast community of nba(spurs) fans. your voice unheard!

ps: you don't like the nba no longer? good move on... you don't like us here at ST? good move on... you wanna bitch and moan some more? good MOVE ON!

Obviously you care enough to read and reply with 3 small paragraphs.
You are saying I stopped watching the NBA, not me. I am not watching the Finals is my point.

See.. that's where people like this lose me and their point. They find such disgust that in their reply they can't even get shit correct to make a point. Nobody said anything about not liking somebody or whatever else dumb mumbo jumbo shit you want to kick around.

Stupid fuck you finally get balls enough on this screen name to reply to me? Seriously. Wasting my time on that.

koriwhat
06-04-2008, 04:11 PM
Stupid fuck you finally get balls enough on this screen name to reply to me? Seriously. Wasting my time on that.

balls enough to reply? hahaha. get over yourself. :lol

LakerLanny
06-04-2008, 05:06 PM
I was talking about the Spurs/Lakers series that happened last week.

You are talking out of your ass about shit that didn't happen.

Now you are just talking stupid.

Check out the replay of the game sometime, all of my statements are utter fact and completely correct.

As usual! :toast