PDA

View Full Version : Barack Obama has ended his membership in Trinity United Church

JoeChalupa
05-31-2008, 05:20 PM
Reports are that he is resigning his membership effective immediatley.

Dim Tuncan
05-31-2008, 05:34 PM

Too little too late.

He'll get the nomination, but this'll cost him in the general.

Sad. Showed promise but was exposed as a political amateur.

Thanks, Axelrod, thanks in advance for the McBush Regime :bang

J.T.
05-31-2008, 07:14 PM
I knew he was waiting to have the nomination in the bag before he announced his membership in the Church of Jihad.

SRJ
05-31-2008, 07:21 PM
Nice leadership, B. When the going gets tough, quit.

JoeChalupa
05-31-2008, 08:58 PM
I don't think it'll hurt him in the general election. At least not with intelligent voters who don't give a damn about all this preacher crap. So what if McCain dropped the endorsement that he seeked from Hagee that he was for until he was against it? I don't care about it. I don't even care if McCain goes to Church or not. There are much more important issues that should be of concern to the voters and I think the majority of them are smart enough to see pass this crap.

Wild Cobra
05-31-2008, 09:20 PM
:lol :lol :lol

yeah right

obama wins 55/45 in november

I'm not ready to say you're wrong about a 10 point Obama win, but I expect Bob Barr will get at least 15%. Does maybe 47/37 sound more feasable?

ChumpDumper
05-31-2008, 09:45 PM
Who?

05-31-2008, 09:52 PM
Good move. Organized religion is so over rated.

Dim Tuncan
05-31-2008, 10:03 PM
Obama prays to the same mythical, sadistic deity that McBush does :lmao

possessed
05-31-2008, 10:30 PM
I'm not ready to say you're wrong about a 10 point Obama win, but I expect Bob Barr will get at least 15%. Does maybe 47/37 sound more feasable?

15%? Wow, that's quite a prediction.

If Obama wins I think the best year for a Libertarian candidate will be 2012. I think one could make quite a difference.

Dim Tuncan
05-31-2008, 10:34 PM
If 8 years of liberalism gone awry aka Bush won't have fools like croutons_ and Nbadan running to the Libertarians, nothing will. These miserable little gargoyles get their rocks off watching freedoms being eroded, and the Constitution being used as the First Toilet Paper, regardless of whether or not the statist piece of shit doing the wiping is named Clinton, Bush, McCain or Obama.

Anti.Hero
06-01-2008, 01:44 AM
Maybe Romney will drop his Mormon ways now and run for president again...

There is still time left right?

Right!?

boutons_
06-01-2008, 06:45 AM
Bob Barr? who? 15%?

Noted, WC will be PROVEN once again to be an ideological fucktard ALWAYS wrong. :lol

Clandestino
06-01-2008, 10:27 AM
Republicans will win again. Thank Hillary.

xrayzebra
06-01-2008, 10:57 AM

With Sadness.....give the whole picture Joe.

ABERDEEN, S.D. (AP) - Barack Obama said Saturday he has resigned his 20-year membership in the Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago "with some sadness" in the aftermath of inflammatory remarks by his longtime pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, and more recent fiery remarks at the church by a visiting priest.

What is he sad about. He was there 20 years and didn't
say a word. Now that he wants to be Carter II he
decides he doesn't want to be part of the church.
Obama is certainly a man of change. So long it is in favor
and furthers he liberal cause.

boutons_
06-01-2008, 01:07 PM
"Romney will drop his Mormon ways"

Organized "religion" very often makes one stupid and ideological. Willard demonstrated over and over in his silly, hopeless little campaign how stupid he is, proving that inheriting lots of money says nothing about brains.

Not that stupidity kept dubya from office (Americans prefer their Presidents mostly stupid), but he had the Repug controllers behind him.

Have Willard's 5 sons enlisted and done any time in Iraq now that they are "serving their country best" by campaigning for Willard? That statement proved beyond all doubt that Willard is 100% dumbfuck.

boutons_
06-01-2008, 01:09 PM
HUSSEIN! fucked up. Wright hadn't really hurt him, and now he's reminding us all again. Total non-issue stirrred up by right-wing Hillary and right-wing slime/distraction machine.

MannyIsGod
06-01-2008, 01:50 PM
Republicans will win again. Thank Hillary.

Want to put your money where your mouth is?

Clandestino
06-01-2008, 02:09 PM
Want to put your money where your mouth is?

Sure...why not? $50?

Dim Tuncan
06-01-2008, 02:15 PM
Obama's mother was a sex tourist :lmao

possessed
06-01-2008, 09:05 PM
He'll throw anybody under to reach his ultimate goal. More and more I don't see what differentiates him from a Clinton.

braeden0613
06-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Interesting prediction. I wish he would get more, but i dont expect more than 10%

BradLohaus
06-02-2008, 12:37 PM
Uh oh, Larry Johnson is now up to five sources who have talked to people who have seen the Michelle Obama "whitey" tape! Damn this has been an entertaining election so far; assassination references, tapes of racist rants that may or may not exist...

Michelle Obama and Louis Farrakhan Take On Whitey

http://noquarterusa.net/blog/2008/06/02/michelle-obama-and-louis-farrakhan-take-on-whitey/

I learned over the weekend why the Republicans who have seen the tape of Michelle Obama ranting about “whitey” describe it as “STUNNING.” I have not seen it but I have heard from five separate sources who have spoken directly with people who have seen the tape. It features Michelle Obama and Louis Farrakhan. They are sitting on a panel at Jeremiah Wright’s Church when Michelle makes her intemperate remarks. Whoops!! When that image comes out it will enter the politcal ads hall of fame. It will be right up there with the little girl plucking daisy petals in the famous 1964 ad LBJ used against Barry Goldwater.

Barack may have quit his church but his religious problems are not over. Barack Obama has a Nation of Islam problem that will receive more attention in the coming days. Before Barack came on the scene, THE MAN in his political district was Louis Farrakhan. No one could take Alice Palmer’s seat without Farrakhan’s blessing. No one. I do not fault Barack Obama for seeking out the blessing of Farrakhan, but the story of what was done behind the scenes to get rid of Barack’s predecessor—Alice Palmer—has not been told. A knowledgeable source tells me that Tony Rezko played a direct role in this feat. And Rezko has been tight with Farrakhan.

It also should come as no surprise that Barack hired two members of the Nation of Islam to work on his staff—Jennifer Mason and Cynthia K. Miller. (And no, I am not merely recycling info initially reported by Debbie Schlussel. I have two independent Chicago sources for this info.) If Jeremiah Wright and Michael Pfleger had kept their yaps buttoned none of this would mean much. But the fact that both men have been—until scrubbed from the website in recent weeks—listed as spiritual advisors to Barack Obama and also are very close to Louis Farrakhan, forces the question about Barack’s faith and beliefs.

In probing those matters we begin to understand that the Nation of Islam has been a critical component of Barack Obama’s base of support. And, I am told, Louis Farrakhan has been careful to use Tony Rezko as the intermediary in his relationship with Barack. This is not guilt by association, this is guilt because of actual relationship. Farrakhan, Wright, and Pfleger are each on tape in various settings spewing the most vile racists garbage in the guise of preaching. Barack Obama, up to this point, has tried to pretend he had no idea that these men had these thoughts or said these things.

NONSENSE!! He knew and he knows. And the gig will be up when the Michelle tape hits the airwaves. One source described how this tape was acquired. Let’s just say that one of the republican candidates who is no longer in the race, but had a dandy oppo research capability, uncovered this gem. If Republican poohbahs have their way the tape will remain on ice until October. But when it comes out, Barack will be permanently branded with the Nation of Islam. That’s not a winning platform in November. And Barack’s bundlers understand this threat. I also have learned some major financial backers are asking the Barack team about the tape and are being stonewalled. It is a wild card in the political campaign that has not yet played out.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-02-2008, 12:39 PM
Uh oh, Larry Johnson is now up to five sources who have talked to people who have seen the Michelle Obama "whitey" tape! Damn this has been an entertaining election so far; assassination references, tapes of racist rants that may or may not exist...

http://noquarterusa.net/blog/2008/06/02/michelle-obama-and-louis-farrakhan-take-on-whitey/

Dear Lord God up in Heaven.....please make this real and make it surface. AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes He can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don Quixote
06-02-2008, 12:48 PM
To be fair ... Michelle was probably saying, "why'd he ... "

Still ... the potential first lady is accusing the President of the United States of "letting New Orleans drown"!

Viva Las Espuelas
06-02-2008, 01:41 PM
gee. i'm glad he left once whitey was in charge

clambake
06-02-2008, 01:52 PM
i'm just glad we can all agree that a preacher who attempts to persuade his flock in political matters is engaging in moral sin.

Wild Cobra
06-02-2008, 02:13 PM
Interesting prediction. I wish he would get more, but i dont expect more than 10%
I think once the general election starts and once people see who he is, things will change.

Look at how many people cannot stomach the republicans or democrats today. I do think a 15% minimum is feasible. If both prominent parties implode enough, he could even win. I don't see that too likely yet, but I think the 15%+ is there.

ChumpDumper
06-02-2008, 02:14 PM
He'll get 5%.

MannyIsGod
06-03-2008, 07:10 AM
Clan, I'm in for 50. Dems win the presidency in 08.

possessed
06-03-2008, 08:15 AM

Looks like he'll have to divorce his wife now.

Don Quixote
06-03-2008, 08:25 AM
I think once the general election starts and once people see who he is, things will change.

Look at how many people cannot stomach the republicans or democrats today. I do think a 15% minimum is feasible. If both prominent parties implode enough, he could even win. I don't see that too likely yet, but I think the 15%+ is there.

Wild Python: I have a ton of respect for you and think the world of you ... but you're crazy if you honestly think the Libertarian candidate, or any third party, is going to get more than 1-2% of the popular vote nationwide, let alone win.

This is not bad, anyway. Third parties, historically speaking, do not work. They serve as a way for the electorate, perhaps, to protest or to communicate their frustration. But they don't help put the people in office that they want in office.

I understand why you are tempted to vote for Barr, living in Oregon as you do, which will probably go to the Democrats this fall, as they usually do. So you may as well vote for the third-party. I guarantee, though, that if you lived where I do, Louisiana, a battleground state, that you would think twice before pulling that lever for the libertarian and effectively help put Obama in the White House.

Mr. Peabody
06-03-2008, 08:53 AM

So he has talked to five sources who themselves have talked to people who claim to have seen the tape?:lol

In other words, my best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night.:toast

xrayzebra
06-03-2008, 09:09 AM
So he has talked to five sources who themselves have talked to people who claim to have seen the tape?:lol

In other words, my best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night.:toast

I have no idea if the Video exist of Obama's wife doing her
thing. BUT if it does, and it surfaces into the public domain
Obama might as well hat it up.

Funny thing is I really believe she did it. The woman is
an idiot and racist to the core.

BradLohaus
06-03-2008, 12:59 PM

Exactly. But it's that "I talked to a guy who talked to a guy who saw it" angle that makes the story so entertaining, IMO. There's probably nothing or not much to the story, but you never know. Michelle Obama seems like she shoots from the hip; she might have a whitey rant or two in her past.

Wild Cobra
06-03-2008, 02:01 PM
I understand why you are tempted to vote for Barr, living in Oregon as you do, which will probably go to the Democrats this fall, as they usually do. So you may as well vote for the third-party. I guarantee, though, that if you lived where I do, Louisiana, a battleground state, that you would think twice before pulling that lever for the libertarian and effectively help put Obama in the White House.
I have a big fear of McCain being elected president, then causing permanent harm to the better of the two evil parties. I would rather see the democrats lose popularity.

The way I see it, any of the present candidates will bring harm to this nation. A McCain win I think will stop conservatives from becoming prominent in the republican party again. I say all the RINO's need to be weeded out. Starting with McCain.