PDA

View Full Version : Rose's Mental Blunder cost him playing time?

milkyway21
01-28-2005, 03:29 AM
..acc. to Mike Monroe in the game vs Sac their big man rotation SHRUNK a bit because of Malik's brain cramps. Because of what Pops called unforgivable sin w/ 9:35 left in the 2nd qtr. he benched Malik. Rose tried to throw a pass from a top of the key to Beno, but that pass was picked off by Brad Miller.

Now I understand why Malik covered his face with the towel after "that" turnover". :oops

better luck next time, Malik.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-28-2005, 03:30 AM
I feel bad for Mike Monroe, he's gonna have Spurgal coming along and calling him a jackass.

Kori Ellis
01-28-2005, 03:32 AM
I feel bad for Mike Monroe, he's gonna have Spurgal coming along and calling him a jackass.

It's in Monroe's article, Ludden's recap and the AP recap. So she'll have a lot of people to call names.

milkyway21
01-28-2005, 03:32 AM
I feel bad for Mike Monroe, he's gonna have Spurgal coming along and calling him a jackass....and I feel bad for Malik. this guy looks so cool, but just having really bad game lately. :depressed

milkyway21
01-28-2005, 03:36 AM
It's in Monroe's article, Ludden's recap and the AP recap. So she'll have a lot of people to call names.Kori, I just want to know if this is the same Mike Monroe who used to write columns/features in Foxsports.com websites 2 yrs. ago? :angel

Kori Ellis
01-28-2005, 03:37 AM
Yes, it is. This is his second year writing for the Express-News.

milkyway21
01-28-2005, 03:42 AM
Yes, it is. This is his second year writing for the Express-News.okay, thanks.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-28-2005, 03:51 AM
I just wish Malik would take a deep breathe and relax. If you just go out and hustle, you'll get the playing time. You don't have to score every time you touch the ball, and you don't have to one up Manu on every pass.

Useruser666
01-28-2005, 09:21 AM
Malik looked terrible last night. I cringed everytime he touched the ball.

BigVee
01-28-2005, 09:54 AM
Yes it is a shame. He has gone from a positive to a neutral to now a negative on the court. Especially now when he is really needed. This was his chance to get back in the flow and he has gone deeper in the dumper.

boutons
01-28-2005, 09:58 AM
Maybe our "village chieftain" will get some PT vs NO Sat night.

Useruser666
01-28-2005, 10:03 AM
When Rose was on the floor the Kings seemed to surge and take the lead from like 8 points down.

Extra Stout
01-28-2005, 11:46 AM
Rose is still trying to be Anthony Mason out on the floor, auditioning for minutes rather than trying to help the team. Too bad he's untradeable and expensive. The Spurs are stuck with him at least through the 2006-07 campaign. The following year he becomes a trade asset as an ending contract.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-28-2005, 11:50 AM
Malik is inconsistent. I thought he looked good in Phoenix last Friday, but then last night he appeared confused.

I wonder if part of his problem is that he's not playing enough to get into the flow out there. I know there are a lot of players who need to be out on the court for a while to get into the flow. Because his spot is not secure in the rotation maybe Malik is just folding under the pressure to perform.

BigVee
01-28-2005, 12:00 PM
Could be but with Rasho out and Horry banged-up you would think he would know he could get major minutes if he would just play his game...i.e. rebound, defend, hustle....no Dr J moves, no Testaverde passes.

Rummpd
01-28-2005, 03:34 PM
I have always been a number #1 MR supporter on this site.

Getting harder and harder to pull for the guy - Spurs too good a team to give away possessions.

Prediction = Malik unless sign. improvement does not get off bench in playoffs baring major injury or blow out win and is out of here next year somehow.