PDA

View Full Version : Matt Hamill

Evan
05-31-2008, 07:50 PM
I read an amazing story today about him on sherdog.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/my-daughter-met-matt-hamill-today-788067/

dbreiden83080
06-01-2008, 09:48 PM
I don't like Matt Hammill, i love Matt Hammill. What a class act that has overcome so much and is just a great inspiration to so many.

Evan
06-01-2008, 10:45 PM
I will always root for the guy

LEONARD
06-02-2008, 04:35 PM
Very cool...

dallaskd
06-02-2008, 06:09 PM
it brought me to tears.....well not really but still an awesome story. i love matt.

dallaskd
06-02-2008, 06:09 PM
I don't like Matt Hammill, i love Matt Hammill. What a class act that has overcome so much and is just a great inspiration to so many.

and poor guy shouldve got the Bisping decision.

dbreiden83080
06-03-2008, 03:38 PM
and poor guy shouldve got the Bisping decision.

I seriously busted a beer bottle when that one came down. As soon as they read the first judge's scorecard that had it for Bisping, i said to myself, "They aren't going to take this from Matt, just because they are in England" and they did. :ihit

oligarchy
06-03-2008, 04:56 PM
I guess I'm not real sure about what the amazing thing he did here was. He met a fan. He didn't go out of his way to meet the girl, someone else did the work to get them together.

LEONARD
06-03-2008, 05:26 PM
I think the "amazing" thing is the retarded girl that started teaching herself sign language... ;)

The fact that Hamill was nice and dropped what he was doing to meet her isn't a huge surprise...MMA fighters in general are very good with fans...

Evan
06-03-2008, 06:22 PM
I think the "amazing" thing is the retarded girl that started teaching herself sign language... ;)

The fact that Hamill was nice and dropped what he was doing to meet her isn't a huge surprise...MMA fighters in general are very good with fans...

And she was inspired by him.

How many athletes will stop what they are doing to even glance at a fan? He not only stopped he brought over his daughter to meet her.

He didn't save someones life but it was a cool moment and it made that entire families year probably. They have probably had a very hard life raising that girl and to suddenly have an entire legion of fans appreciate their hardwork and hardship is very special.